IMG

IMG

Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Two Pints Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Reply | New Topic | New Poll |

Changes and things
Laura T
Posted: Apr 8 2010, 04:34 PM

Two Pints writers Rock! :)
Group Icon

Group: Regulars
Member No.: 9

Found this from a link on twitter :s

CLICK

Wasn;t gonna post till it got confirmed but since no1's replying to me.

I hate this idea to be honest. I mean I'm happy for Susan if she is leaving to make it big in America coz she will do awesomely but to change the writers and possibly cast of 2 Pints in my mind it just wouldn;t be 2 Pints and I can't belive I'm saying this as I would of hated myself for it last year :s but I'd rather they just finish it then try and change it to make it "better" and make it unrecognisable :s

I mean I guess we should wait and see who the writers are till I can fully comment but just seems odd someone else taking over the show and characters and stuff. What do others think??

I am trying my best to get confirmation/ other gossip. Will post here if I do smile.gif

At least we have something to talk aboyt now I guess lol x

--------------------
user posted image
Everyone look out for Coming Of Age on tv in September
Lets help kickstart a massive fanbase for a fantastic new show smile.gif x
leicester-mark
Posted: Apr 8 2010, 05:07 PM

Legally Mark!
Group Icon

Member No.: 384

Terrible read that! I guess Kathryn is one they'd cut, as she wasnt in the specials... but i hope its not true! Susan has to stay or realisticly i think the show should just bow out..

--------------------
SpinSpinSugar
Posted: Apr 8 2010, 05:20 PM

Group: Members
Member No.: 371

Hmm, it's interesting that the BBC (or BBC3 directly) obviously can't fathom the idea of not having the show on the air, their notorious repeats of the series filling up the nightly schedules. But I'm a bit sceptical about this actually working.

Two Pints has a core cast that has stayed relatively constant over eight series. Mixing things up cast and content wise works on such shows as Shameless due to their huge ensemble casts and the wealth of stories that can come from each character. Since Ralf Little's departure, the show has had essentially three principle characters (Gaz, Janet & Donna) with Louise as head support and other small roles intertwined in the storyline.

The show admittedly survived Ralf Little leaving, but mixing it up even more could spell disaster. This is all just guessing, but I have a feeling that Sheridan Smith would no longer be a part of the show, due to her other work commitments and her arguably being the only original remaining cast member in the public eye (which is only growing due to Benidorm, Jonathan Creek, Legally Blonde et al).

I could be simply chatting rubbish and it could be great in the end, but let's hope they don't mess with it too much.
Laura T
Posted: Apr 8 2010, 05:26 PM

Two Pints writers Rock! :)
Group Icon

Member No.: 9

I agree on the Sheridan thing although I think it's 50/50 wether she will do it. I have heard she's planned to but depends how much Blonde want her and are willing to pay her to extend I guess. And what she wants to do herself. I can't imagine the show without Sheridan, Will, Louise or Gaz tbh.

Don;t get me wrong new characters are awesome but the show revolves around the older ones. Next they'll be moving it out of Runcorn :s laugh.gif

x

--------------------
user posted image
Everyone look out for Coming Of Age on tv in September
Lets help kickstart a massive fanbase for a fantastic new show smile.gif x
Donna Rocks
Posted: Apr 8 2010, 08:04 PM

Bryan
Group Icon

Member No.: 196

The show will succeed or fail on the strength of the writers and the actors, I hope they use people who are familiar with the story so far. Changes happen in life but the show doesn't want to stray too far from its origins or it simply won't be the show we know and love. I guess Susan is moving onto pastures new and good luck to her but she has only been on the production team for the last couple of series so i'm wondering if she's simply got bored with the show ?

--------------------
user posted image
Warrior
Posted: Apr 8 2010, 09:26 PM

A warrior fears nothing

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 18

This is good news people, whats with all the animosity?

Whether or not we like to admit it, the show did become stale, the characters had matured and the premise of the show is '20 somethings' not 30 somethings.
I love and adore the characters, but face it. its time to move on.

the show is far too popular to simply just end it, so a refresh will be a good idea, and give the new writers a chance guys, they are proffessional at what they do, they aren't just some drunk they found in shepherds bush.

this is a good thing, i for one am happy about this. biggrin.gif

--------------------
sarahcomer
Posted: Apr 12 2010, 07:56 AM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

I will wait and see what happens. We didn't think it would work without ralf but it did. and this could be all rumours. ady read in a paper somewhere a few mths ago an interview with ralf little and he hinted that he would like to return to two pints saying no-one actually saw jonny die. so who knows! if they were doing a total revamp why are they waiting for sheridan to finish LB?

--------------------
user posted image
Mark
Posted: Sep 26 2010, 09:01 PM

Group: Members
Member No.: 403

Kathryn just hinted on Twitter that Louise won't be returning D:

I really do hope Jonny comes back though, it would be so brilliant <3

--------------------
Mr Ludford <3 Miss Webster ;;
Warrior
Posted: Sep 27 2010, 06:35 AM

A warrior fears nothing

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 18

Louise wont be in new series, neither will Janet or Wesley

--------------------
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic Options Reply | New Topic | New Poll |

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0425 seconds | Archive