Sithspawn

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Sithspawn. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Login
Quick & Easy

Sithspawn
Summary

Sithspawn is an intermediate to advanced play-by-post role-playing forum. Set in the immensely rich Star Wars universe, the game takes place some years after 3,000 Before Battle of Yavin. For more information on the Timeline, History and events on Sithspawn please browse the links under Navigation.

Navigation:
Announcements
Information Guide
Character Template & Guidelines
Character Database
Summon the Staff
Holonet

Staff
The people who get shit done. Allegedly.

Factions
Numbers that are usually inaccurate.

Alliance: 15
Confederation: 16
Mandalorian: 15
Jedi Order: 11
Cult: 12
Criminal: 7
Neutral: 9

Newsflash
We don't update this as much as we should.

Timeline year: 305 ARE
-
Reports coming from Coruscant show a marked increase in crime statistics, specifically vigilante justice. The Judges are cracking down on the vigilante groups but have so far been unsuccessful.
---
According to Confederation sources the Jedi Order has joined the conflict on the side of the terrorist organisation calling itself the Alliance of Free Planets, declaring war on the Confederation of Dolomar. The Confederation openly condemned this move by the former peacekeeping group, one representative going so far as accusing them of indoctrination of the youth and fearmongering.
---
The galactic superstar Mystiq Venus had her recent album 'Tangerine Kisses' go platinum. In celebration of this tremendous success Venus is planning on launching a tour through the Core, Inner, and Mid Rims to thank her fans for their dedication. A percentage of the proceeds will be given to The Norman and Valzeek Charity for Wartime Orphans.

Highlight of the Moment
Look at all these awesome things, bro.

Vote
Or don't.

Credits
People who made stuff.
Skin: Squidface
Side-bar: Squidface

Attention new members! Due to a very persistent set of spammers insistent on selling us kitchens, all new members from now on cannot start new threads. If you're not a spambot, just shoot Wes Loran a PM and you'll be given access to posting new threads.

Thank you for your patience! -Indy (16.08.2014)

Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Someone I Used To Know, Ender! Attn: Ember
Lysander Odakota
Posted: Jul 5 2012, 08:27 PM
Quote Post

Ensign Chekov
Group Icon

Group: Jedi Order GM
Member No.: 226

Though an unusual sight in this sector of the Galaxy, the Miy'til starfighter docked in the Rhen Var hangar like it had been there dozens of times before. While strictly speaking this wasn't true--it was the first time this particular ship had graced this place with its presence--the fact stood that its pilot was a familiar enough face to those who spent most of their time here.

It wasn't his first trip back here since his Sabbatical, but Lysander still had been absent from there parts for some time. He'd come back long enough to check on Molly the other day--a trip which had left him realizing just how much he needed to keep himself well so he wouldn't have to go away again--and now he was back again in hopes of getting some work. Too long he'd sat idle and he was hearing rumours of work needing to be done.

So the Guardian removed himself from his transportation. The Hapan Starfighter sat low to the ground, her profile one that made her small but durable. His feet hit the ground and he didn't break stride, moving around to the other side of the starfighter to do a quick check on one of the laser canons on the left side that hadn't been reading green for some reason during his flight. It wasn't critical, but he knew better than to let it sit unattended. If something went awry while he was here, he needed to be prepared to fight back.

So he lingered near his ship. He wasn't the absolute best at repairs, but until he was certain it was something he couldn't fix himself, he wasn't going to bother anyone else with it. Much as he was eager for work, he wasn't in any actual rush, so he'd spare the Alliance mechanics a few minutes of tinkering. If he could just diagnose the problem himself, maybe then he'd feel content to hand the work over to another.

--------------------
user posted image

Name: Lysander Odakota
Nicknames: Lys, Ly-ly, Dakota
Aliases: Gunnar Trell, Ryder Klivian
Species: Human
Birthplanet: Onderon
Ships: Intrepid Force, Aurek Tactical Strikefighter
Forerunner, Miy'til Starfighter
Redeemer, Eta-2 Actis Class Light Interceptor (Syluire-45 hyperspace docking ring)

Faction: Jedi
Lightsaber forms:
  • Ataru (master)
  • Shii-cho (master)
  • Soresu (master)
  • Makashi (moderate)
  • Shien (moderate)

Inventory:
  • Cyan Lightsaber (sigil crystal, lorrdian gemstone)
  • Ice Blue Lightsaber (Permafrost and Eralam Crystal)
  • Mephite Crystal
  • R9-series astromech, Dimmer
  • Vibro-knife
  • DH-23 Blaster pistol
  • Datapad
  • Comlink
  • Handheld Homing Beacon
  • Imagecaster
  • Jedi Beacon Transceiver
  • Basic fighter repair kit
  • Jedi Knight Robe
  • Jedi Battle Armor
  • Glowrod
  • Jedi Utility Belt
  • ^A99 Aquata Breather
  • ^Gauntlet Holo-projector
  • ^Antidotes for various poisons
  • ^8-2A medical bundle
  • ^Fastflesh Medpac
  • Basic Survival Pack
  • ^Durashelter
  • ^Thermal Cape
  • ^Water JugFilter
  • ^Condenser Unit
  • ^Ration cubes (2 weeks)
  • ^Survival Knife
  • ^Flint and steel
  • ^Rope (50 feet)
  • Quetarra
PMEmail PosterAIMMSN
Ember Shoan
Posted: Jul 5 2012, 10:38 PM
Quote Post

Maalraas
Group Icon

Group: Alliance
Member No.: 696

With a loud click and a slam, Ember shut the aft engine access panel of the Star's Edge, satisfied. The central hydraulic stabilizer had been making some odd noises, and that was the kind of machine part that you absolutely did not want to make odd noises. Fortunately, the problem was easy enough to find and about as easy to fix, and the work went quickly for the blind pilot.

She wheeled herself out from under the ship and sat up, sighing slightly. Though quick, the work was dirty, and she was graced with dark smudges and smears over her red tank top and cargo pants. Her hands, fortunately, were covered by the work gloves, and she pulled them off to let them breathe for a bit.

She glanced around the hanger bay after re-securing her eyecloth. It was emptier than she could remember in recent memory - normally a bustling center of activity that ranged from fixing to studying and everything in between, it seemed quiet and almost abandoned. Everyone seemed busy and away for long stretches of time, and she'd found herself almost totally alone in her on more than one occasion. Still, everyone in the Alliance had their own lives to lead. They weren't exactly punch card revolutionaries, but personal affairs could absorb one if you weren't careful.

It was the shape of the ship that caught her metaphorical eye, and not the pilot. A Miy'til starfighter, rare beyond the Hapes system. It wasn't exactly a marvel of engineering, but it was fast and well-armed. No match for her A-Wing in terms of acceleration, but it was reliable and could sustain a fast burn for a while. Not a bad choice for a personal craft, if not very roomy.

The pilot seemed to be standing there by it, peering at the left side laser cannon. Must be some kind of problem, or he wouldn't be looking at it.

In most cases Ember would've kept on going out the hanger and to her room, to shower off and then probably ask Cor if he was doing anything. This case, however, was different.

When she took another look at the pilot, her memory was jogged. His aura was familiar to her, though no one sprang to mind immediately. She set her spanner aside and walked towards him, tucking her gloves into a pocket near her rear. The intervening distance was closed quickly, and by the time she got closer and got another look, she smiled wide.

No matter how far she got, her past always seemed to find her. In this case, though, she didn't mind so much.

"Well well well. Looks like little Ly-Ly's grown up." She walked around the fighter to face him, sporting quite a cheshire cat grin. "When I last saw you, Lysander Odakota, you were a good foot shorter and over a decade younger. Also a Knight, as I recall." She crossed her arms and leaned back, her grin turning into a smirk. "Remember me?"

If he didn't, she wouldn't be surprised. He probably didn't remember everyone that was a year below him, much less ten, but maybe she'd be surprised.

--------------------
Name: Ember Shoan
Nicknames: Em, Sparky
Callsigns: Firefly, Raptor Seven
Species: Miraluka
Birthplanet: Alpheridies
Ships:
  • Dynamic-class freighter Skywalker
  • RZ-1 A-Wing Star's Edge with Advanced Maneuvering Jets

• Faction: Alliance
    Squadron: Raptor Squadron, Flight Two

Inventory:
    • 2x DL-44 heavy blaster
    • Vibrodagger
    • Tool kit
    • Long-range comlink
    • 10x Flashbang
    • 10x Concussion Grenade
    • Fake ID

PMEmail Poster
    Lysander Odakota
    Posted: Jul 9 2012, 07:22 PM
    Quote Post

Ensign Chekov
    Group Icon

"Well well well. Looks like little Ly-Ly's grown up."

The unfamiliar voice sporting his familiar nickname turned him around rapidly, and he found himself staring at a woman quite a bit younger than himself who was grinning like this was one of the more amusing parts of her life. He stood there, a couple of fingers still sitting on the laser canon, trying to place her as she had so obviously placed him, but nothing was jumping immediately to mind. Who was she? Immediately he was bothered by his inability to even so much as dredge up a face from his memory that would match the one smirking at him now.

"When I last saw you, Lysander Odakota, […] Remember me?"

Well, there was no doubt that she knew him, now. Which meant he knew her, but he’d be lying if he said that her admitting it had been over a decade since they’d laid eyes on one another last helped him at all. Well, no, maybe it did? There was a momentarily drawn silence as he studied her shrewdly.

Miraluka. Not remotely common. Not many he knew—though he did know one-too-many—so that at least cut out the vast majority of encounters. And she didn’t seem quite raw in the Force, but… that might have been attributed to her being Miraluka rather than anything more significant.

That said, even though he wasn’t drawing up and names or scenarios in his mind to help place her, and her face had obviously grown up in the last few years which wasn’t helping matters, there was something about her that was just familiar enough. It was that aggravating moment where a memory was right there, just waiting to be recalled, but couldn’t quite seem to get over the cusp of whatever container held it.

“I want to say I do,” he told her sincerely. “But I’m afraid I’m not even dredging up a name. You do seem familiar, though.” There was at least that. “Indulge my curiosity with a name?” Maybe that would be just enough to get his brain clicking. He blamed his absence from society over the last few months, really. He was just getting used to thinking outside himself again.

--------------------
    user posted image

Redeemer, Eta-2 Actis Class Light Interceptor (Syluire-45 hyperspace docking ring)

Lightsaber forms:
    • Ataru (master)
    • Shii-cho (master)
    • Soresu (master)
    • Makashi (moderate)
    • Shien (moderate)

Inventory:
    • Mephite Crystal
    • Vibro-knife
    • DH-23 Blaster pistol
    • Datapad
    • Comlink
    • Handheld Homing Beacon
    • Imagecaster
    • Jedi Knight Robe
    • Jedi Battle Armor
    • Glowrod
    • Jedi Utility Belt
    • ^A99 Aquata Breather
    • ^8-2A medical bundle
    • ^Fastflesh Medpac
    • Basic Survival Pack
    • ^Durashelter
    • ^Thermal Cape
    • ^Water JugFilter
    • ^Condenser Unit
    • ^Survival Knife
    • ^Flint and steel
    • ^Rope (50 feet)
    • Quetarra
    PMEmail PosterAIMMSN
    Ember Shoan
    Posted: Jul 9 2012, 08:23 PM
    Quote Post

Maalraas
    Group Icon

Her words were met with a quizzical look, and she could see him sorting through his head, doing his best to place her. It's a good thing she was honestly not expecting him to remember her, given that she hadn't fully matured when they last saw each other. She also, granted, was one of many that he taught. She was hoping the Miraluka bit would jog his memory, given their relative rarity, but that appeared to do nothing. Ah well.

The blow to her ego was fortunately short-lived, as the amusement from seeing him try to remember her made up for it.

"I want to say I do, but [...] with a name?"

She chuckled slightly and nodded. It was the least she could do for a friend, especially a fellow Jedi.

"Ember Shoan. We went to Ossus together. You were promoted and teaching the younger generation when I was growing up there - and that included me. I...wasn't taken as an apprentice to anyone, and I had some pride issues back then, so I left. It's been over 10 years since then. Well over, actually." Her smirk faded into a small smile. Didn't want to give him the wrong impression. Or, really, maybe she did.

The memories of him standing in front of her and other students, teaching them Force techniques, came back strong to her mind. Lightsaber instruction, too, though that had never been her forte. He'd picked one of her classmates as his Padawan, and it would be lying to say Ember wasn't at all jealous about it, but bygones were bygones. Holee was probably a good Jedi in her own right by now, and she added her to her growing mental list of stuff to ask him about.

Also on there, if a bit down the list, was candidacy for readmission. Maybe they did that.

"How have you been? Still alive, I see, which is a good thing. And stronger than when I last saw you, not that you weren't pretty strong then. I remember your lightsaber form demonstrations being quite...impressive."

--------------------
    Ships:

Inventory:
    • 2x DL-44 heavy blaster
    • Vibrodagger
    • Tool kit
    • Long-range comlink
    • 10x Flashbang
    • 10x Concussion Grenade
    • Fake ID

PMEmail Poster
    Lysander Odakota
    Posted: Jul 10 2012, 05:21 AM
    Quote Post

Ensign Chekov
    Group Icon

"Ember Shoan. […]I...wasn't taken as an apprentice to anyone, and I had some pride issues back then, so I left. It's been over 10 years since then. Well over, actually."

That was all it took for him to feel a little stupid. It wasn’t that he was expected to remember every single person he ever encountered, but when someone was a Jedi (former, even) he tended to think he at least knew names. Still, like she said, it had been over a decade and they’d had no contact since then. From the sounds of it she’d kept purposefully out of the way of the Order. Hurt pride tended to that.

Immediately he felt for her. And he was infinitely happy to see her here, alive and well. Sure, he’d not remembered her immediately, but that meant little. He had a penchant for caring for strangers. And she was hardly a stranger in his book. But truly, his book was a bit of a strange one.

He remembered now. He remembered there being a young, frail little Miraluka who had been near Holee’s age. It was a fleeting memory, one he wished now was a bit more strong. It was a bit awkward, having someone know you better than you knew them. But he could rectify that now—judging by her presence here, she was working with the Alliance.

"How have you been? […]I remember your lightsaber form demonstrations being quite...impressive."

That pulled a short, self-conscious laugh from the man, and he was quick to shake his head. “Oh, please, don’t flatter me. I’ve hardly earned it.” He was feeling particularly humble in the last few weeks, his own self-examination on Tython having left him subdued. Still. “But thank you. I’m well enough, now. Just got off of a forced sabbatical—finally back on duty and eager to get back to work.” And hey, look at his timing, running into faces so old he didn’t even remember them.

“How about you, kid?” It was interesting because now he was thinking of her in association with his long-gone Padawan, and for once in his life thinking about the wolf-girl didn’t burn his psyche. It subdued it a little, certainly, but the guilt was gone from that memory, at least for the time being. He didn’t ask the question as a more casual person might have—he genuinely wanted to know how she had been. It wasn’t in him to care half-heartedly. Plenty of others had learned that the ‘hard’ way in recent years. Even after his break to work on himself and not worry about others, his determination to be ultimately selfless and caring was still going strong.

And hey, who knew? Maybe he was supposed to be here today, specifically, to run into Ember. He didn’t believe in coincidence, after all.

--------------------
    user posted image

Lightsaber forms:
    • Ataru (master)
    • Shii-cho (master)
    • Soresu (master)
    • Makashi (moderate)
    • Shien (moderate)

Inventory:
    • Mephite Crystal
    • Vibro-knife
    • DH-23 Blaster pistol
    • Datapad
    • Comlink
    • Handheld Homing Beacon
    • Imagecaster
    • Jedi Knight Robe
    • Jedi Battle Armor
    • Glowrod
    • Jedi Utility Belt
    • ^A99 Aquata Breather
    • ^8-2A medical bundle
    • ^Fastflesh Medpac
    • Basic Survival Pack
    • ^Durashelter
    • ^Thermal Cape
    • ^Water JugFilter
    • ^Condenser Unit
    • ^Survival Knife
    • ^Flint and steel
    • ^Rope (50 feet)
    • Quetarra
    PMEmail PosterAIMMSN
    Ember Shoan
    Posted: Jul 10 2012, 08:50 PM
    Quote Post

Maalraas
    Group Icon

The moment she said her name, his aura shifted. That did it. She let out an involuntary chuckle as the swirl of recognition and relief overtook him, and she relaxed a little herself. Mistaking one for another was something she rarely did, but it had happened before, despite the uniqueness of each aura. Jedi, however, were not especially vulnerable to mistaken recognition, given how much stronger their auras were than those of most of the population.

As for Lysander’s, it’s unlikely she’d ever forget it - or him. Even being raised by the Jedi couldn’t completely repress the natural instincts of attraction between beings, and he was the subject of more than one girl’s longing-filled hidden sighs. For Ember, it had been nothing more than a young girl’s fleeting crush, and leaving the Order had changed all of that anyway.

Now, though, maybe he was unattached...

No no, don’t get ahead of yourself. She needed to catch up, first, and she had full intention of that. Her contact with the Order had been pretty extremely limited in the past decade, and she wanted to change all that. Now, she could.

”Oh, please, don’t flatter […] back to work. How about you, kid?

“Oh, same old. Running stuff for the Alliance against the big bad Federation. Still doing Force regimens, the ones I can remember.” She smiled and leaned against his ship. “But...I’m doing pretty well, really. I managed to find my place in this crazy galaxy and I’ve enjoyed it. Honestly. Got myself a ship and a business that keeps me able to buy food and parts, and now I’m throwing in my lot with these ragtags.” She waved a hand, indicating the hanger. “Gotta have a reason, right?”

She sounded confident and sure, moreso than most. There’s a certain sense of peace, knowing that your chosen path in life is the right one - or at least the best one that could be managed.

--------------------
    Ships:

Inventory:
    • 2x DL-44 heavy blaster
    • Vibrodagger
    • Tool kit
    • Long-range comlink
    • 10x Flashbang
    • 10x Concussion Grenade
    • Fake ID

PMEmail Poster
    Lysander Odakota
    Posted: Jul 10 2012, 10:16 PM
    Quote Post

Ensign Chekov
    Group Icon

“Oh, same old. […] I’m throwing in my lot with these ragtags.”

The fact that she had found her place after leaving the Order pleased him. He always wondered about those that went wayward for whatever reason. Ember’s reasoning was relatively harmless compared to some, and as such it was easy to be glad she had found a landing pad after her jump out of the life she had seemed destined for. Not many people could be comfortable with that sort of change, especially as young teenager. The last… what was it, probably thirteen, fourteen years now? They had done her some good. She had grown up, even without a Master to watch over her.

He doubted he could have done so well for himself if he had been in her place.

“Gotta have a reason, right?”

“Right,” he was swift to agree, not a moment’s hesitation. “And you’ve chosen a good one. And look at us now—you get to work with Jedi again.” It was a little tease, a reminder to both of them that now the Order and the Alliance were on the same page. Whatever happened to one would surely follow the other—victory or defeat against the Confederation would come for both or not at all.

“Could definitely do worse.” He rapped his knuckles briefly against the armament he’d been studying and then shrugged to himself. She seemed to want to talk—he could sense that much eagerness about her, at least, and he couldn’t imagine her not being curious after running into a figment of her past—and he would give her the opportunity to indulge if she wanted it. “I have some time on my hands if you do. We could find someplace a little more conversation-friendly than the hangar if you would like.”

He was a social being, and one that hadn’t had much interaction in the last few weeks, and so maybe he was a bit starved for attention himself. And hey, curiosity was a part of his core being—exchanging stories was always the best way to satiate that particular impulse.

--------------------
    user posted image

Lightsaber forms:
    • Ataru (master)
    • Shii-cho (master)
    • Soresu (master)
    • Makashi (moderate)
    • Shien (moderate)

Inventory:
    • Mephite Crystal
    • Vibro-knife
    • DH-23 Blaster pistol
    • Datapad
    • Comlink
    • Handheld Homing Beacon
    • Imagecaster
    • Jedi Knight Robe
    • Jedi Battle Armor
    • Glowrod
    • Jedi Utility Belt
    • ^A99 Aquata Breather
    • ^8-2A medical bundle
    • ^Fastflesh Medpac
    • Basic Survival Pack
    • ^Durashelter
    • ^Thermal Cape
    • ^Water JugFilter
    • ^Condenser Unit
    • ^Survival Knife
    • ^Flint and steel
    • ^Rope (50 feet)
    • Quetarra
    PMEmail PosterAIMMSN
    Ember Shoan
    Posted: Jul 11 2012, 05:56 PM
    Quote Post

Maalraas
    Group Icon

“Right. And you’ve chosen a good one. And look at us now - you get to work with the Jedi again.”

She laughed, unable to stop herself - not that she would want to. It’d been ages since she’d worked with a Jedi proper. Not since she left the Temple, really. Oh, she saw a few on her journeys - their Force auras were unmistakably different from those untrained or not Force sensitive, but she never approached them. Given the scale of the war going on, they went into hiding for a good reason. If he was here, though, he was working undercover or there was something more going on.

She returned his smile. “It’ll be great working with proper allies again. You have no idea how often I’ve wished for a lightsaber, or someone who has nearly unlimited patience.”

”Could definitely do worse.” The rap on his ship made her look at it. Right, the problem he must be having. ”I have some time on my hands if you [...] if you would like.”

Her nod precluded the obvious. “Of course. I was about to ask if you were having ship troubles. I could certainly look it over, but if you’ve got time, we can save the mechanical bits for later.” She moved away from his ship and pointed out a Dynamic-class freighter sitting a bit away. “We can talk on my ship. I’ve got comfortable seats and plenty of drinks, if you do that. Do Jedi drink?” She smirked slightly, then turned around and walked backwards, facing him while moving to her ship. “Or must you refrain from the dangers of alcohol, as you must refrain from the whims of the heart?”

Oh, this was going to be fun. She’d never have told anyone, but she’d longed for some news of the Order since they dropped off the grid. An unplanned trip to Ossus had revealed an abandoned Academy and lots of memories she hadn’t planned on remembering. Maybe she’d talk to him about that. Actually, she probably would. She’d talk about a lot of things.

--------------------
    Ships:

Inventory:
    • 2x DL-44 heavy blaster
    • Vibrodagger
    • Tool kit
    • Long-range comlink
    • 10x Flashbang
    • 10x Concussion Grenade
    • Fake ID

PMEmail Poster
    Lysander Odakota
    Posted: Jul 12 2012, 07:33 AM
    Quote Post

Ensign Chekov
    Group Icon

“Of course. I was about to ask if you were having ship troubles. I could certainly look it over, but if you’ve got time, we can save the mechanical bits for later.”

“Could you?” She was kind to offer, and he wouldn’t turn her down. It wasn’t his forte to go fixing things, and if Ember was willing to it would save him the hassle of filing a request with the Alliance mechanics. “It’s not actually anything critical at the moment, but it’s perplexing. And I’m afraid I’m rubbish at fixing the Miy’til. If it were the Aurek I’ve got it’d be a bit easier since I’m more familiar, but this Hapan stuff is just confounding sometimes.”

“We can talk on my ship. […] as you must refrain from the whims of the heart?”

“That sounds great—the ship part, I mean,” he told her with a laugh as let her lead the way in that direction. “I mean. Not that I’m exactly the most conservative Jedi you’ll ever meet,”—understatement, Lys!—“but the last time, and well, the first time I suppose, I drank anything questionable, it ended… not so well.”

Yeah, actually, he could laugh about it a bit now, but at that time it had been horrifying. Awful, awful night that had otherwise started out so well. He wasn’t sure even Constance could convince him to get so much as tipsy again. Apparently he was not cut out to be anything but completely in charge of his own brain, thank you very much.

And absolutely, positively no comment on the ‘whims of the heart,’ thing. No. No thank you. That was weird. He did trust Ember as much as he could trust anyone from his distant past—which, for him, was quite a lot more than most people would consider sane—but basically no one but Shay got to hear a single thing about his dating life. Well, and Mosk. But Mosk had forced it out of him, and Mosk had teeth and claws and a lightsaber that he was very much good with.

“Not that I’m going to stop you if you find the need to imbibe particularly compelling.” No, she was free to do whatever she wanted.

--------------------
    user posted image

Lightsaber forms:
    • Ataru (master)
    • Shii-cho (master)
    • Soresu (master)
    • Makashi (moderate)
    • Shien (moderate)

Inventory:
    • Mephite Crystal
    • Vibro-knife
    • DH-23 Blaster pistol
    • Datapad
    • Comlink
    • Handheld Homing Beacon
    • Imagecaster
    • Jedi Knight Robe
    • Jedi Battle Armor
    • Glowrod
    • Jedi Utility Belt
    • ^A99 Aquata Breather
    • ^8-2A medical bundle
    • ^Fastflesh Medpac
    • Basic Survival Pack
    • ^Durashelter
    • ^Thermal Cape
    • ^Water JugFilter
    • ^Condenser Unit
    • ^Survival Knife
    • ^Flint and steel
    • ^Rope (50 feet)
    • Quetarra
    PMEmail PosterAIMMSN
    Ember Shoan
    Posted: Jul 12 2012, 09:09 PM
    Quote Post

Maalraas
    Group Icon

”Could you? It’s not actually [...] just confounding sometimes.”

She gave a cheerful nod as they walked. Her forte certainly was flying and fixing. The two tended to go hand in hand, and though some people trusted mechanics to make sure their ships were in tip-top condition, she preferred to have it her responsibility. If she couldn’t completely trust the metal she was riding in, she couldn’t perform at top shape every time. “I’d love to. The Hapes ships tend to use different wire layouts than the usuals, and their hydraulic sinks aren’t where you’d think they would be, but I’ve worked on one or two.” She shrugged, unconcerned with the differences. Even if she didn’t know the problem right off the bet, she could study the mechanics of it.

”That sounds great - the ship [...] imbibe particularly compelling.”

His confession was received with a well-meaning laugh and a small grin from the Miraluka, who raised her shoulders slightly. She admittedly had her own collection of stories about being drunk, one of which ended with the theft of a starfighter from a parking lot. That went well. And, she remembered, fairly hilariously for the involved parties, except for the unfortunately targeted Federation officer. At least he got his ship back. Eventually. And in a hue that one bystander described as “eye-achingly bright”.

“It’s all right, no pressure. Just figured I’d extend the invitation.” As they approached her ship, she gave a small wave of her hand and the ramp dropped accordingly. She stepped aside and extended an arm, inviting the taller man up first. “After you, Lysander.”

She followed him in and closed the ramp when they were inside. Right ahead of him, modified a bit from the usual design of Dynamics, was the main den. With more couches than usual and a nice fridge at one of the walls, it was a lot more home-y than most ship layouts. “Sit down wherever you like. Welcome aboard the Skywalker, home of...well, me. You’re always invited if you see it somewhere in port.” She smiled and headed over, pulling out some light green colored liquid and a glass tumbler. “I went back to Ossus about two years ago and the place was empty and completely cleared out. I understand if you can’t tell me where you guys are now, but is everyone safe? How are the Jedi doing? Is Master...oh, what was his nickname...oh! How’s Buttons doing? He was newly elected to the Council when I left, if I recall right.”

She sat down on a couch across from him, grinning slightly before taking a sip from her drink and leaning forward, very interested in the forthcoming answers.

--------------------
    Ships:

Inventory:
    • 2x DL-44 heavy blaster
    • Vibrodagger
    • Tool kit
    • Long-range comlink
    • 10x Flashbang
    • 10x Concussion Grenade
    • Fake ID

PMEmail Poster
    Lysander Odakota
    Posted: Jul 12 2012, 09:52 PM
    Quote Post

Ensign Chekov
    Group Icon

“Sit down wherever you like. Welcome aboard the Skywalker, home of...well, me. You’re always invited if you see it somewhere in port.”

The sight that met him was a welcome one. It reminded him a bit of the Lucidity, actually, in the fact that it was surprisingly welcoming for the inside of a spaceship. Shay’s ship didn’t have the strange benefit of opening straight into the living area, however, so it was definitely different.

“Thanks, I may well just take you up on that.” It was hard to find particularly cozy places to lay low on Rhen Var, and as he didn’t have a freighter or anything similar of his own, he didn’t really have any place to call ‘his’ while he was here unless he really fancied cloistering himself in a tiny little cockpit. Which, let’s face it, isn’t precisely ideal.

He found himself a seat, finding it easy to relax here despite his unfamiliarity with both the girl he’d once known and her living quarters. There was something very disarming about the Miraluka, and it did make him wonder what might have become of her if she’d managed to stay within the Order.

“I went back to Ossus about two years ago and the place was empty and completely cleared out. […] He was newly elected to the Council when I left, if I recall right.”

He was nodding as she sat down, listening to her questions and already forming updates for each of them. He had expected plenty of questions from her—had their situations been reversed he would have done precisely the same. “Yeah, we cleared out about the time you probably showed up, actually. We’re safe. Well, as much as we can be with a war pending. We’ve lost some more of our numbers,”—he thought primarily of those like Gandon who had been brutally yanked away from them by the Cult--“but generally things are good.”

“As for Master Stone,” he found himself snorting slightly in distaste despite himself. “Well, he’s fine. I guess. I don’t really see him much myself. He’s at least got Master Rumare around to keep him tolerable.” He wasn’t surprised she remembered the Council members—this one in particular. He was not someone that was easy to forget, unfortunately. “Details, though, I don’t really know. He’s someone I avoid ,truth be told. We are on far, far different pages of the Code.” He let himself grin, chagrin in his aura. “I, uh, actually don’t report directly to the Council most of the time in the last few years.

“I don’t know if you remember Shay Marin—she’s a few years my senior as it is—but she got elected the Council about a few years ago, and since then I’ve mostly just run my report through her. Easier on everyone, I figure. Certainly easier on me.” So much had gone on lately that he really didn’t want to talk about, so when it came time for making any statement official, he just let his sister do it for him. Thank you very, very much.

“I say you got lucky, Ember. Getting out when you did. Having that man on the Council is terrifying.” Okay, so he was exaggerating—for once in his life—but it was a joke. Mostly. He really did avoid “Buttons” like it would be the death of him to be under that steely gaze. Nope nope nope, he did not even like thinking about that scenario.

--------------------
    user posted image

Lightsaber forms:
    • Ataru (master)
    • Shii-cho (master)
    • Soresu (master)
    • Makashi (moderate)
    • Shien (moderate)

Inventory:
    • Mephite Crystal
    • Vibro-knife
    • DH-23 Blaster pistol
    • Datapad
    • Comlink
    • Handheld Homing Beacon
    • Imagecaster
    • Jedi Knight Robe
    • Jedi Battle Armor
    • Glowrod
    • Jedi Utility Belt
    • ^A99 Aquata Breather
    • ^8-2A medical bundle
    • ^Fastflesh Medpac
    • Basic Survival Pack
    • ^Durashelter
    • ^Thermal Cape
    • ^Water JugFilter
    • ^Condenser Unit
    • ^Survival Knife
    • ^Flint and steel
    • ^Rope (50 feet)
    • Quetarra
    PMEmail PosterAIMMSN
    Ember Shoan
    Posted: Jul 13 2012, 05:16 AM
    Quote Post

Maalraas
    Group Icon

”Thanks, I may just take you up on that.”

She nodded again, her lips shaped in a warm smile. As nice as her ship was, and she’d done a lot to try and make it home for her, she still didn’t like how lonely it could be. Company was nearly always nice, even if they were merely taking up another bed and not sharing one. “If you ever need somewhere to stay, she’s yours. My bedroom’s down the hall behind me, and the guest one is in the same place on the other side of the ship. There’s a ‘fresher and some rations in there, and what’s mine is yours.”

She took a sip of the drink, swirling it around in her head and letting the pungent liquid take her away, bit by bit. It hadn’t exactly been a stressful day, but a long conversation with an old friend over a good drink was a pretty perfect way to end any day. With a sigh, she leaned back on the couch, contented, and she was certainly showing it.

”Yeah, we cleared out about the time [...] generally things are good.”

She sighed sadly, then raised her glass briefly. “They’re with the Force now...whatever that means. Doesn’t make it any less easy to deal with. I...had a friend go that way recently.” A sad smile briefly graced her lips before fading into a neutral expression, which was doing little to hide the sorrow she still felt at the loss of her good friend. “He was sensitive to the Force, too. Gotta wonder if sometimes they could’ve...you know, been like us. Or, been like you. If only things had been different.” She shook her head, trying to clear out the negativity before taking another swig from the glass. That helped a little bit. She’d already spent too much time mourning Darik. It was time to move on.

”As for Master Stone,” and his snort made her giggle. Seems things hadn’t changed much. ”Well, he’s fine, I guess. [...] of the Code.”

She returned his grin, trying to rebound from the earlier mood shift. He was certainly more personable than the other man. Master Stone’s last name was certainly quite appropriate for the man, or what she could remember of him. Seems Lysander had grown to make his own conclusions on the Jedi teachings, same as Ember had after she left. She’d left most of the conclusions that they were all idiots behind her as she grew older and wiser. Or at least a little bit wiser.

”I don’t know if you remember [...] certainly easier on me.”

The Miraluka leaned back, thinking, casting her mind back. Yeah, she did vaugely remember her. She had that weird, unpronounceable first name. Her last name wasn’t much better, given how well-known the Marins were in the Federation. Still, the girl had stayed, and she was a bit older than Lysander. Ember had mostly seen her in passing, though, as she was often out on missions. “I do remember her, I think. Good to know that there’s people like-minded with you on the Council. It does no good to have all of the Jedi leaders feel the same about everything, or we’d have another Revan on our hands.”

She thoughtfully swirled the drink one more time, wondering just how the Council was doing. She hadn’t talked to any of them since before her departure from the Temple, which hadn’t exactly been on the best of terms. Was anyone she knew still there, on the Council? Would they ever remember her and why she left? It had been a moment of youthful pride, some had argued, and pride that had ruined her life - but she’d made it her own choice, prideful or not, and made her own way in life. Of course, it wasn’t totally on her own she’d gotten this far, but she still did all right after leaving.

Though she had before now been so sure in her decision, seeing this relic of a part of her life made the question float unwilling into her head: had she made the right choice? As if answering her thoughts, Lysander continued.

”I say you got lucky, Ember. Getting out when you did. Having that man on the Council is terrifying.” She chuckled at his words, sensing some hyperbole underneath them, but a faint line of truth rang within them none the less. Not even the galaxy’s most serene and emotionally balanced group of people were free from internal strife.

She shrugged and met his gaze, as much as she could. “It’s good to hear you say that. I haven’t often questioned my decision to leave, as doing so would never get me anywhere worthwhile. Life’s too short for what-ifs and staying stuck in the potential choices and memories of the past.” With a long drink, she drained her glass, setting it down beside her. The symbolic significance of the gesture was not likely to be lost on Lysander. “Still, seeing you here, a reminder of who I could have been if I’d stayed...it’s a strange thing, you know?” She gave him a weak smile. “I’ve never really doubted my choice. It was my choice to leave. And yet...” Her words drifted off. It was obvious what she was thinking.

--------------------
    Ships:

Inventory:
    • 2x DL-44 heavy blaster
    • Vibrodagger
    • Tool kit
    • Long-range comlink
    • 10x Flashbang
    • 10x Concussion Grenade
    • Fake ID

PMEmail Poster
    Lysander Odakota
    Posted: Jul 24 2012, 05:07 PM
    Quote Post

Ensign Chekov
    Group Icon

“They’re with the Force now...whatever that means. […] Or, been like you. If only things had been different.”

There was a poignant sorrow to Ember that Lysander understood too well. “Sorry for your loss,” was the soft remark, barely more than a thought, so fleeting and so tepid against the backdrop that was death, but it was something he feel genuinely anyways. Lysander could do nothing to take that hurt away, but his shift in mood would tell the Miraluka very well that he empathized with her from plenty of experience. The fact that death was rather commonplace didn’t mean that each person moved beyond was any less important.

And the little questions of how things could be different if things had been done differently was one he’d had often over the last year or so of his life. Still, he knew dwelling on these things would only drive him mad, and so he couldn’t, just as Ember seemed to know she couldn’t, either. And so they conversation moved on, the reality of death touched upon but not mulled over. Both of them were beyond the depth of mourning. So they moved onto easier topics

“It’s good to hear you say that. […] Life’s too short for what-ifs and staying stuck in the potential choices and memories of the past.”

“Right,” he agreed swiftly to that sentiment. “If that was a decision you felt was right at the time, I say there’s no point in questioning it. It couldn’t have been the easy choice, Ember, and as such I figure you are better off for it. Better to bite down and leave than stick around because leaving the only life you’ve known is hard. You had to find what suited you.” He wondered if he could have made the same decision. While he’d never felt he’d belonged anywhere else, he could only begin to fathom what it would be like to consider leaving the Order, and it was the sort of decision he imagined would be utterly unsettling for a fledging teenager. Because where would you go after that?

“Still, seeing you here, a reminder of who I could have been if I’d stayed… […] It was my choice to leave. And yet...”

“What if you had made the other choice?” It would have been easy enough to do. Just different words and a decision to stick it out despite how she didn’t quite fit in. She wouldn’t be the first odd duck in the Order. But still. “I think you were going to be fine, whatever you chose to do,” he admitted. “Both paths weren’t easy, but you could have made either of them work.” He didn’t have to know her all that well to decide on that—he got a sense of who she was just in the last few minutes and she seemed the sort who simply made things work, no matter how bad it got.

--------------------
    user posted image

Lightsaber forms:
    • Ataru (master)
    • Shii-cho (master)
    • Soresu (master)
    • Makashi (moderate)
    • Shien (moderate)

Inventory:
    • Mephite Crystal
    • Vibro-knife
    • DH-23 Blaster pistol
    • Datapad
    • Comlink
    • Handheld Homing Beacon
    • Imagecaster
    • Jedi Knight Robe
    • Jedi Battle Armor
    • Glowrod
    • Jedi Utility Belt
    • ^A99 Aquata Breather
    • ^8-2A medical bundle
    • ^Fastflesh Medpac
    • Basic Survival Pack
    • ^Durashelter
    • ^Thermal Cape
    • ^Water JugFilter
    • ^Condenser Unit
    • ^Survival Knife
    • ^Flint and steel
    • ^Rope (50 feet)
    • Quetarra
    PMEmail PosterAIMMSN
    Ember Shoan
    Posted: Jul 25 2012, 06:21 AM
    Quote Post

Maalraas
    Group Icon

”Sorry for your loss.”

She gave a slight chuckle, looking back up to face him. “Thanks for the sentiment. It’s not your fault. Just a mission gone bad. One day he’s there, the next...” She waved her hand dismissively, trying to clear the air. “It’s not the first time, and I know it won’t be the last. Part of the peril of revolutions...knowing that not everyone we love will leave to see what we’re fighting for.”

She took a sip of her drink, then looked down thoughtfully. “And if we lose, none of us will.”

”Right. If that was [...] what suited you.”

Well, there was more than enough truth to that. “It wasn’t.” She leaned over, elbows on her knees, slowly swirling the drink with one hand. “Hell, it was the hardest choice I’ve ever had to make. Leave my life behind, and even the future options I had with the Jedi? It was almost unthinkable. But something made me leave.” She chuckled and took another sip. It was starting to work on her. She was almost grateful for it. “Guess I was too prideful to admit that maybe I wasn’t cut out to be a real Jedi, which I totally was, by the way.”

“I got lucky, picked up work with a shipping company lifting heavy boxes. The big guys were pretty surprised when the 13 year old girl began moving some of the biggest crates all by her lonesome. A man named Dace Tucker took me in. He had a spare room after his daughter had died a few years earlier...oh, you don’t wanna hear my life story.” She shrugged and leaned back, resting against the couch. “Sorry about that.”

Pride. One of the things they’d warned her of. Most of the Council had agreed in that - this pride she had in herself and refusal to join the MediCorps was going to ruin her future with the Jedi. She had walked out anyway. She knew she was better than most.

Admittedly, it had gotten her places anyway. She’d ended up as the best damn pilot in the galaxy, with a ship and a job and some exciting prospects lined up. Life wasn’t dull at the moment.

”What if you had [...] either of them work.”

True. Otherwise she wouldn’t have ended up here, now, talking to her old friend about...well, herself. “I don’t know what would’ve happened if I’d stayed. Joined the MediCorps or AgriCorps or anything like that. You know, used my gifts for the betterment of the galaxy.” She shrugged and drained her glass in a long draught, suppressing the cough from it and setting down the glass.

“I don’t regret it. Not anymore. Often, back then, I wondered if I could go back and ask for help, but...something always kept from doing so.” She grinned slightly. “Guess it was the same thing that got me to leave in the first place. But enough about me. What about you? How are you doing? Got yourself a promotion and an apprentice?”

--------------------
    Ships:

Inventory:
    • 2x DL-44 heavy blaster
    • Vibrodagger
    • Tool kit
    • Long-range comlink
    • 10x Flashbang
    • 10x Concussion Grenade
    • Fake ID

PMEmail Poster
    Lysander Odakota
    Posted: Sep 7 2012, 07:19 PM
    Quote Post

Ensign Chekov
    Group Icon

“I got lucky, picked up work with a shipping company lifting heavy boxes. […] “Sorry about that.”

Lysander shook his head, dismissing the apology because there was nothing to be apologizing for. He didn’t mind hearing about her life, and he certainly wasn’t going to stop her if that was something she wanted to divulge, but he also wouldn’t push for the information. It wasn’t entirely relevant information for the conversation, but it was interesting to him. He was inherently drawn to what made people into what they had become, and that was certainly no different in the case of Ember.

He would have said she’d gotten lucky in finding the work she had, if he had believed in luck in the first place.

“I don’t know what would’ve happened if I’d stayed. Joined the MediCorps or AgriCorps or anything like that. You know, used my gifts for the betterment of the galaxy.”

Another nod as he kept his posture relaxed in his chair, the girl studied out as he considered her words. She had had that choice, but in looking at her now he wasn’t all that certain how well it would have suited her. Not to say she couldn’t have done a good job of it, but was that really enough to dictate a life? After all, maybe he could have made a good diplomat if he really put his mind to it—and he had, on a few occasions—but would it really have been him if he’d dedicated his life to it? Souls resonated in specific ways. Paths could be good, but there was always a ‘best,’ and find that was the trick.

“I don’t regret it. […] What about you? How are you doing? Got yourself a promotion and an apprentice?”

The shift of focus from her to him left him chuckling lightly, shaking his head. He’d much rather not talk about himself, but it was rude to take all the information and leave none. “I’ve been alright. Been on sabbatical, actually, for the last few weeks. Just a little recollect after a bit of an emotional scare.” She could ask if she wanted, but it was too close to his heart still for him to simply offer up. “And yes, I’m a Master with an apprentice, though there are still times I wonder how either of things found their way to me.”

--------------------
    user posted image

Lightsaber forms:
    • Ataru (master)
    • Shii-cho (master)
    • Soresu (master)
    • Makashi (moderate)
    • Shien (moderate)

Inventory:
    • Mephite Crystal
    • Vibro-knife
    • DH-23 Blaster pistol
    • Datapad
    • Comlink
    • Handheld Homing Beacon
    • Imagecaster
    • Jedi Knight Robe
    • Jedi Battle Armor
    • Glowrod
    • Jedi Utility Belt
    • ^A99 Aquata Breather
    • ^8-2A medical bundle
    • ^Fastflesh Medpac
    • Basic Survival Pack
    • ^Durashelter
    • ^Thermal Cape
    • ^Water JugFilter
    • ^Condenser Unit
    • ^Survival Knife
    • ^Flint and steel
    • ^Rope (50 feet)
    • Quetarra
    PMEmail PosterAIMMSN
    0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
    0 Members:
    DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Chatbox
    Where conversation is had. Often rapid fire. Often whimsical. Often nonsensical. Prime location for plotting.

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
    Page creation time: 0.1964 seconds | Archive
    "Poetry Carved In Flesh" skinned by Squidface of RPG-Directory