nothing is more wonderful than the imagination. for, in a moment, you can experience a beautiful fantasy. or, an exciting adventure! but beware -- nothing is more powerful than the imagination. for it can also expand your greatest fears into an overwhelming nightmare. are the powers of your imagination strong enough? experience fantasmic -- a journey beyond your wildest imagination.
11/14/11 -- Guess what? Fant is getting a shiny new EVERYTHING for the upcoming year! We will be moving to a new board, with a new layout, and its going to be awesome! Please read the "Very Important Announcement" thread for more details!

Note too that with the exception of certain areas of the Members forum, Fant! is now set to READ ONLY MODE which means that all RP threads are currently 'locked'.

Potential new members please note that although we are unable to accept your application for the present time, once the new Fantasmic is complete in 2012, you'll be very welcome to join us - so hang onto that muse! :)

RPGD CATEGORY :: FANDOM

graphics © kat of fant!
skin by fantôme of caution 2.0
firefox art © tox! thank you!

All Disney material used here (including characters, films, script quotes, lyrics, images, music, etc.) belongs to the Walt Disney Company. We do not claim to own any of it, we merely love on it, adore it, obsess over it, and use it for our own personal enjoyment. :)

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

We've Moved!
http://z13.invisionfree.com/fantasmic_dream

!  film(s): potc & sequels

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post ) REPLY ! START NEW ! START POLL !

Much Too High A Cost, Tag: ESME <333
Esmeralda
Posted: Oct 6 2011, 10:56 PM

+Mystery+ & {Romance}
Group Icon

Group: Hero!
Member No.: 269

Esmeralda was on guard, the moment she heard some rustling from the greenery close to her left. Upon turning her head, the gypsy dancer was shocked, but then a little relived that he decided to show up. However, upon his initial beginning, her eyes narrowed, as his determination to get her back to Paris was starting to wear her thin, but the moment he said he would leave her to be untreated, caused her expression to turn to one of shock for a moment. Why the hell would Norrington care what state she was in? Her present situation was a prime moment to get her back in chains, instead, he was choosing to help her. Strange...
However, Esmeralda knew there had been more to this man when she first looked into his eyes. It was as though he was wearing a mask half the time, and he never showed or expressed how he truly felt. Such a British trait.

Esmeralda, however, was not at all ready for his question about how she could have started something like this. One person...but wasn't it just one person that could change the course of the future? To make an impact, and perhaps have other people motivated enough, to see that when there was something wrong that it needed to be changed? To help those who couldn't help themselves? Or was she simply a dreamer, lost to the ideals that the world could be a better place.

Esmeralda breathed in a deep sigh as she placed a hand over her bleeding side and thought she might as well entertain Norrington with her story, and perhaps change his mind sending her back to Paris. It was a long shot, but she had to do everything she could to spare her people anymore suffering.

"People have always said that freedom is everything...but freedom isn't free at all. It comes with the highest of costs; blood. And my people have been shedding it for far too long...
Gypsies are the bane of Judge Claude Frollo's existance in Paris. We are nothing more then scum filling his precious streets, believing that we are witches and thieves. But my people are nothing like that; we are hard working, dedicated to each other, and would never turn anyone of us in. Though hardly any of us are related, we are a family...and that is more then anyone can try and say other wise.

I am a dancer by trade, and I dance in the streets simply for coins, as much as I can to buy a loaf of bread for my people to eat. Even children are working...they cannot enjoy a childhood like so many others...
Esmeralda's eyes seemed very pained as she spoke, but her voice was proud of how hard her people worked, and she was very proud to be a gypsy among them.

"There was always a rumor running around Paris, dating far back as I can remember, of a deformed bellringer named Quasimodo, living in the bell tower of Notre Dame. It was often a story to scare younger children to behave, and I thought nothing more of it.
Every year...on the 6th of January, there is a huge party throughout Paris called the Festival of Fools, where I normally dance as the primary show.
I baited Frollo by showing him he did not frighten me, and I danced into his lap, before making a fool out of him before the entire city. To add onto his anger...I did not realize the young man I pulled on stage to be a contestant for the King of Fools, the ugliest gets crowned...you can imagine my shock when I discovered that the man I had pulled to the stage was none other then Quasimodo himself.

The crowd turned on him after making him their king. And it was all my fault, but I never meant for it to happen. Frollo is his guardian...and he did nothing to stop the crowd from harming him; the sick, twisted corpse of a man he is. So, I stopped it. I freed Quasimodo, and in the process again angered Frollo and humiliated him. All I desire is justice, and no one was willing to help him but myself...people can be so fickle...'

Esmeralda took in a deep breath as she winced, before finishing, "I have a feeling he wants me more then just to hang...and he has proved that once before. He started setting the town on fire looking for me...and people have died, and my people arrested. So, I fled...and it kills me to know that I should be there fighting, but if I do return, it will only make matters worse....and so, I fled to save their lives, and be damned what happens to my own.'

Now he knew why she had done everything she had, it was up to him how to respond, but never the less, Esmeralda was going to fight him until her last breath before she returned to Paris.

--------------------
user posted image
She turns to the window, to sway in the moonlight
Even her shadow has grace...
So she {dances}..

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
FOF made my MAH BRO <3
James Norrington
Posted: Oct 17 2011, 11:15 PM

Intertwined but never to {JOIN}
Group Icon

Group: Neutral!
Member No.: 805

And so the gypsy woman chronicled how she came to be, James kept his face much like it had been many times during an investigation, cautious about revealing any signs of emotion. Before the past week's events James would have had a hard time believing such an elaborate tale as this. Gypsies, half-formed bell ringers, festivals, a corrupt judge... Well the last portion of the story was not mpossible to believe was a falsehood. He was FRENCH. Oh, those foppish, perverted, perfumed... The very idea someone would take the law into their own hands for brutish purposes angered him. Her beauty was another reason he could find truth to her tale. James knew this woman, when she wanted to be could be quite cunning, and he would only be a fool to omit that detail entirely. She spoke of her race so proudly but there was a pain laced beneath her pride filled words and sincerity in her eyes. Despite James' reservations about the criminal inclinations that were placed on this woman, there was something about how she saw herpeople who he found admiration in, and find the same passion in himself. He exhaled, and if this was complete truth then James knew it would only be a death sentence to send the woman back for those people, and herself. There was going to be time before they would be found, or could at least gather and build the means to leave there. He'd study her, quietly in the mean time, and either way gaining her trust could only be helpful. "If there is wrong doing, its nothing that you've done."

When it seemed to be an opportune time James closed some of the space between then carefully. "You have to understand there are not many cases like this I've dealt with before.... Well, come to think this is the only case I've encountered likened to this." He eyed her wound more, they couldn't take the chance of hoping it would heal on its own. The rain appeared again, almost as a dramatic ending to their conversation. "We can look for suitable shelter." He proceeded to walk to with her, below the heavy palm leaves and wild flowers staying several steps behind her. Her footing seemed awkward, though she was graceful in her steps he could not help but think it was due to the pain at her waist. "Wait a moment." James gathered her form into his arms. "You'll need your strength to heal." he explained and insisted, ready for a protest since she was a strong woman. Very strong looking from the rain water clinging her clothing to her. He blushed slightly for noticing and looked among the trees for a distraction...

(ooc: FULL credit to Jess for the words "Foppish, perverted and perfumed." xD))

--------------------
user posted image

Siggy by Kat! Also Eric and Sadira
Esmeralda
Posted: Oct 26 2011, 01:01 PM

+Mystery+ & {Romance}
Group Icon

Group: Hero!
Member No.: 269

Esmeralda had been more then ready for him to clap her in irons, and so, she was more then prepared to make a run for it, painful as it would have been. However, she was shocked when he said that none of this had been her fault. Had he not heard everything she had said? Defying Frollo in front of Paris was one thing, and denying him what he wanted of her was another...and he set Paris to flame looking for her. How many lives and families were lost due to her? How many children were now homeless and starving like her own people? No, no matter what Norrington would try to tell her, Esmeralda knew that she was the on to blame for all of this. Innocent blood was seeping from her hands.

Her emerald eyes seemed to dim as she thought of this, but the sudden lightning lit them right back up, as she bolted to her feet in an instant, causing her hands to clutch her side. She needed to tend to this open wound right away. Agreeing with Norrington, she began to head into the green, lush forest, looking for any possible area which would provide excellent shelter, but her feet were uneven along the path as she tried to focus on walking, rather then the splitting pain in her side.

Prepared to ask to stop, Norrington's voice split the silence between them, as she felt his arms under her knees and back, before realizing that he had just picked her up! How dare he! She was not some little tramp that would fall into a man's arms just because she was hurt! However, she wrapped her arms around his neck, agreeing that she would need to save her energy, but she didnt want blood to seep onto him. Releasing one hand from his neck, she clamped down hard as she wished the rain would stop long enough for them to find a suitable place to rest!
Looking up at Norrington, she noticed a faint crimson line on his cheeks, indicating that he was either cold, or he noticed her clothing was sticking like a second skin. Esmeralda couldnt help but smirk if only a little; he didnt strike her as the type of man to blush. However, she made sure to cover her body as best as she could, since she treated her body like a temple, and soon pointed over to a cave like area.

Setting herself down, Esmeralda went to work at once in constructing a proper area to make a fire, and as she gathered and worked on her chore, it was not long before light emitted from the pile of sticks, and heat and light were granted to the pair. Now, she was exhausted. Esmeralda was used to having her body on the go without rest, but now she was aching and on the verge of passing out where she stood.
Untying the pink sash from her hair, Esmeralda ran her hand through her wet dark locks, and leaned against the cave wall, using her hair sash to cover the bloody wound.

She did not know if it was the lack of sleep, exhaustion, or the loss of blood, but Esmeralda boldly asked, "And what of you Norrington? Is there a tale to you? I look at you...and I see more then what you portray yourself to be." He was in some sort of mental sadness, and one Esmeralda could see in those stormy eyes of his.

--------------------
user posted image
She turns to the window, to sway in the moonlight
Even her shadow has grace...
So she {dances}..

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
FOF made my MAH BRO <3
James Norrington
Posted: Nov 8 2011, 12:00 AM

Group Icon

James had no reason to find blame upon the Gypsy woman for the evil in Paris. There was something to be admired for not submitting to the minister's desire for her flesh, also James sincerely doubted that would have put an end to the madness. He knew very well a woman could influence a man to do things he would not have imagined, and placed to question everything about himself. That knowledge laced his veins with ice, causing his head to slope down to his shoulders and slow his breathing forced to think of the day prior. However, forced love was not love at all. In James' mind a man (or woman) was solely responsible for the choices they made, no one else. No matter the circumstances harming others was inexcusable, he lived his life with that philosophy. Exploiting a woman for carnal pleasure was detestable enough as it stood. It also occurred to James he may have been letting his senses be clouded by hanus idea Esmeralda was being hunted. James could reason it was an act of pure chivalry, but beneath that he knew another feeling was attached to it, ignore it as he did. The green palms and gray haze to the sky served as a distraction well enough. James had not lost this footing though he prayed the lady in his arms had not noticed his embarrassment. His intent was to gently place her on the ground, as if she was made of glass (though he seen in this short experience it was far from the truth), perhaps it was the wound at her side. Once again she proved her stamina and lowered herself from his arms. "You may rest here and I will gather supplies for a fire."

James told her his plan.Of course, when the military man returned to their have from the wood she had other ideas. He raised a slight eyebrow though it was not ridden in disapproval as a corner of his mouth tugged up, he did his best to hide it away before he spoke. "A stubborn one you are, though... You have made a very nice fire." He set the spare wood beside the flames, before sitting down adjacent to the Roma woman. "I'm afraid my tale is rather dull and silence would serve to be more interesting." a small self deprecating smile escaped him, though he believed it to be true. He also did not want to reveal that part of himself, despite how curious and understanding her tone was. His eyes met her's for the moment, the green was more bright than the palms surrounding them. No. He would only be a fool. James' eyes looked for another distraction and the wound at her side was something that needed to be tended to soon. "Has the bleeding stopped?" he asked not daring to place a hand to it, finding his was dangerously close to her torso. His face became as majenta, finding dignity again he stood. "This island may have acted as a storage for the rum runners, if that's true then there may be rum here." he swallowed a little and sighed. "For the pain.... and to clean the wound." he corrected himself and shifted a little clearing his throat, realizing how his statement a moment ago may have sounded.....

(OOC: hope everything was all right for you Kara <3 and lets go get some rum! :D))

--------------------
user posted image

James Norrington
Posted: Nov 8 2011, 12:03 AM

Group Icon

((Please delete this ><))

--------------------
user posted image

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register for Free

+ Pages: (2) 1 [2]  REPLY ! START NEW ! START POLL !

RPG-Directory RPG,D&D Library redcarpet&&rebellion. The RPG Collection  Cirque du Walt * Fairytale State of Mind Disney RP Kingdom Hearts: Confused Memories V3 Whoniverse RP The Hellboy RPG Photobucket
Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1234 seconds | Archive