Cheetah Cafe

Cheetah Car Shirts & Hats for Sale

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Cheetahcars. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Road America 2014 - Next Cheetah Reunion?
mbenoit
Posted: Dec 8 2013, 06:23 AM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 32

The Cheetah is anticipated to be a featured marque at Road America this summer as part of HAWK - the dates are July 17-20, 2014. The Ford Mustang will be the headlining marque as this will be the 50th anniversary of that car.

Bill Thomas III and Ruth Restorations are anticipated to be there. Don Edmunds has expressed interest in showing up as well. I have yet to see an official announcement, but this could be a huge opportunity to showcase the Cheetah and bring the Cheetah family back together for the second year running.

I'm hoping we can get some buzz started and get as many of the original cars there as possible.

That's all the info I have for now.
mbenoit
jbcat
Posted: Dec 13 2013, 06:09 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6

I will be interested in going with my Cheetah. I have been wanting to go to Road America for some time now. Keep us posted. I will also look into it.

JBCat
Replicat
Posted: Apr 1 2014, 06:09 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 145

you could not keep me away !!
All my roudy friends will be there, won't you ??
Uncle Bud
Posted: Apr 2 2014, 01:32 PM

Member No.: 435

At this point, I am planning on going, but nothing is set in stone.

How will we all find each other?
Replicat
Posted: Apr 3 2014, 02:41 PM

Advanced Member

Register at www.cheetahevolution.com, Craig Ruth's website, and he will locate a place for us. He and his company and family did a great job organizing the first annual gathering last fall. And if we all register he will know how big a space we need - lets make it real big - our competion - it is also the ford mustangs 50th birthday enough satd about that !!
Pappa Smurf
  Posted: Jul 1 2014, 03:39 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

OK I am going and bringing the Alan Green Cheetah as well as the Bill Thomas Motors sign out of the shop on Julianna St.. I plan to be there late Wednesday or Thursday. If I can make it all the way from Anaheim what is your excuse? Who else is coming?
Pappa Smurf :cheetahrun:
SJ2die4
Posted: Jul 8 2014, 05:56 PM

Member No.: 416

Just talked with Craig on the phone, will be coming in Thursday night and at Road America setting up with Carrera on Friday.
Said most from the East are leaving Sunday because of 8hr+ drive back.
Make sure you register at the cheetahreunion site.
They are not sure just what the charge for admission if any for spectators.

Carrera has event up on Facebook.

Will be trying for Friday, Saturday for sure.
Pappa Smurf
  Posted: Jul 10 2014, 11:27 AM

Advanced Member

Larry Webb the mechanic and some time driver of the Alan Green Chevrolet Cheetah will be there. He is a man with lots of stories about the Alan Green Chevrolet race cars. Here is Bryan, myself and Larry at the memorial for Jerry Grant. Larry is on the left with the brown pants.
Pappa Smurf :cheetahrun:

Attached Image (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image
Pappa Smurf
  Posted: Jul 24 2014, 09:29 AM

Advanced Member

What a great experience to finally get to meet so many of you and put faces with the names. I arrived safe last night (Wednesday). Problem with diesel fuel in Colorado that cost me a day at the Chevy dealership was the only hiccup all 9 days. Hopefully someone will post some of the pictures.
Pappa Snurf :cheetahrun:
John_B
Posted: Jul 27 2014, 06:25 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 316

Jerry Entin has posted some images here...
http://www.theroaringseason.com/showthread...135-The-Cheetah
Uncle Bud
Posted: Aug 2 2014, 10:36 PM

Member No.: 435

Sorry I missed the big event. My mom had health problems and is now really just starting to turn around. I would have loved to be there, but priorities prevented it. Was there only one original Cheetah there? Did Bill Thomas Jr attend? And what good gossip did I miss out on??? :P
Replicat
Posted: Aug 5 2014, 08:24 PM

Advanced Member

I am pretty sure I counted 14 cheetahs in one place at the same time !!
It was a great show - but having Pappa Smurf and Jenny and the Alan Green Cheetah made the day
the presence of MR CHEETAH did not cause much distraction - the racers of his continuation cars agreed the continuation cars required much help before they ran to their potential - #61 a continuation roadster ran well - took 2nd in its class - it was flying !!
Saturday night Puppa Smurf lead the toast:
CHEETAHS ALWAYS WIN

Attached Image
Replicat
Posted: Aug 29 2014, 08:04 PM

Advanced Member

it's not all the cheetahs and its not a great picture but you can get the idea - pappa surrounded by the herd

Attached Image
« Next Oldest | General Postings | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.4131 seconds | Archive