Skin created by Kman. Find more great skins at the IF Skin Zone.

Create your own social network with a free forum.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to the official forums of Bogleech.com

You're currently not logged in, which means you are an intangible lurking sentience.

Manifest into being!

If you're already a thing please log in so you can be that:

Name:   Password:

Import Gaming!, All your games are belong to us
Cheezbob325
Posted: Apr 18 2012, 03:28 PM

Nameless Spawn

Group: Verifiable Organisms
Member No.: 584

Recently I've started importing games from Japan. Nothing big, I only have a limited amount of money. Technically, it started when I imported Pokemon White version when it launched in Japan due to impatience, but I didn't actually develop a "collection" until last month. So far I've gotten DreamMix TV World Fighters, Battle Stadium DON, Naruto Clash of Ninja 4, Kururin Squash, and Nintendo Puzzle Collection, all for the Gamecube, plus the previously mentioned Japanese Pokemon White. Any other import gamers willing to discuss their collection/recommendations? And before anyone recommends it, I am considering Jump Ultimate Stars as well.

--------------------
user posted image
CarolineJohnson
Posted: Apr 18 2012, 08:14 PM

Nameless Spawn

Group: Members
Member No.: 585

Oh, the recommendations I can give.... I know mostly for the GBA and DS, however.

I don't know what systems you have or want import games for, so I'll just list everything I know.

Red = Highly recommended!
Underline = Has a complete fan translation!

IMPORT FRIENDLY GAMES:
  • Utacchi! - NINTENDO DS - It's Pop'n Music for the DS. The only difference is that you only control the vocals.
  • Jam with the Band - NINTENDO DS - Not a Japanese import, as it's in Europe, but since it's not in the US I thought it deserved a spot here. It's like if Guitar Hero let you play any instrument in a song, all the songs were midis, and you used all the buttons on the DS instead of the guitar grip. The songs you can download suck, though. It's a MUCH better game if you pirate it, since then you can download the much better custom songs that people have made available through the internet. Only downside to pirating it is that you lose online play. The local wireless still works though.
  • Hatsune Miku: Project Diva series - PLAYSTATION PORTABLE - Another music game similar to Jam with the Band. Only recommended for Hatsune Miku superfans.
  • Slide Adventure Mag Kid - NINTENDO DS - Cannot be pirated, as it requires a strange peripheral that is, in essence, some kind of computer mouse. However, looks to be a lot of fun. Peripheral only works with the one game, though.
  • Pokemon Typing DS - NINTENDO DS - Another game that comes with a peripheral...this time being a bluetooth keyboard. A fun little game if you like typing games and Pokemon.
  • LSD: Dream Emulator - PLAYSTATION - A game based on the dreams some guy had while taking LSD. Weird as hell.
  • bit Generations: Coloris - GAME BOY ADVANCE - Some weird game where you flip blocks to change their color and match four of them or so. Gets progressively harder and blocks start going dark and you can't match them.
  • bit Generations: Soundvoyager - GAME BOY ADVANCE - Another weird game where you put on headphones and look everywhere BUT the game screen. You have to play the game just by listening to the sound alone.
  • Cocoron - FAMICOM - Create a character by mixing and matching heads/bodies/weapons and take on random stereotypical platformer levels.
  • Go! Go! Cosmo Cops - NINTENDO DS - Similar to Donkey Kong: King of Swing, but you hold the DS sideways and use the touch screen. Also the game's about space cops or something and not monkeys. Another European import.
  • Mr. Driller A: Fushigi na Pacteria - GAME BOY ADVANCE - Though the Pacteria mode (the main mode of the game) is kind of confusing without knowledge of the language, it's still playable. It's also got the normal mission mode and time attack (now a race against other players or the CPU) mode if you don't want to deal with so much story text you can't read.
  • Akumajou Special: Boku Dracula-kun! - FAMICOM - It's Kid Dracula for the Game Boy, except on the Famicom.
IMPORT UNFRIENDLY GAMES:
  • Tales of Innocence - NINTENDO DS - A mothership Tales title. It's pretty decent, and it controls very well.
  • Nanashi no Game - NINTENDO DS - A horror game that works surprisingly well for the system.
  • Nanashi no Game Me - NINTENDO DS - The sequel to Nanashi no Game.
  • Cid to Chocobo no Fushigi na Dungeon: Toki Wasure no Meikyū DS+ - NINTENDO DS - An enhanced port of Chocobo's Dungeon for the Wii, so if you already have that you can skip it.
  • Treasure of the Rudras - SUPER FAMICOM - A stereotypical RPG where you take control of one of three different protagonists. Has an in-depth magic-creation system where you type in a word and it gives the word its own special effect.
  • GiFTPiA - NINTENDO GAMECUBE - Some random game that's been compared with Animal Crossing. You play a kid who missed his coming of age ceremony and has to pay back the city because they had to pay for a ceremony that never happened. You do this by doing random Animal Crossing-esque tasks.

--------------------
BEGONE, FOWL GHOATS.
Cheezbob325
Posted: Apr 18 2012, 08:25 PM

Nameless Spawn

Group: Verifiable Organisms
Member No.: 584

Wow, I wasn't expecting such a thorough response. I was considering GiFTPiA, but I can't read Japanese, I've had to use translation guides and educated guesses to get through my other imports, and considering the reliance on text in that game...

I'll have to check out some of those other titles

--------------------
user posted image
CarolineJohnson
Posted: Apr 18 2012, 08:48 PM

Nameless Spawn

Group: Members
Member No.: 585

QUOTE (Cheezbob325 @ Apr 18 2012, 02:25 PM)
I'll have to check out some of those other titles

I really think you should take a look at Nanashi no Game first if you have a DS (it's that good). However, if you want it in English you'll have to dump the ROM to your computer, use the translation patch for it, and play it on your DS with some kind of flash card. There are other ways to get the ROM other than dumping it from the cart yourself, but I wouldn't recommend those ways because they're illegal.

You do NOT want to emulate the game. It deserves to be played on the actual hardware. And if you have to use a debatably illegal device to do that just so you actually enjoy the game, then so be it.

...it's just too bad an American focus group killed all hopes for a US release of the game.....because you couldn't shoot things. Really. This is why I've lost faith in humanity and don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Off topic, but if I've talked about something against the rules in this post, I'll edit it out or something. I know how touchy some forums are about some of these things.

--------------------
BEGONE, FOWL GHOATS.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0365 seconds | Archive