Skin created by Kman. Find more great skins at the IF Skin Zone.

Create your own social network with a free forum.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to the official forums of Bogleech.com

You're currently not logged in, which means you are an intangible lurking sentience.

Manifest into being!

If you're already a thing please log in so you can be that:

Name:   Password:

Populous II Greek Deities (Super Famicom version)
MacGyver
Posted: Feb 21 2012, 03:37 PM

Devil Forgemaster

Group: Verifiable Organisms
Member No.: 306

Here's another sprite project I recently did, albeit a simpler one:

http://kramwartap.fortunecity.com/populous_2_deities.html

--------------------
user posted image
Ebe
Posted: Feb 22 2012, 02:50 PM

Non-mainstream French-Croatian Squid

Member No.: 96

I hadn't realized this Populous had a Greek spin off, OR that it had art from Amano. While these are well done, I still prefer the weird "worlds" in Populous.

Piglet World hates you and all you have done.

--------------------
QUOTE (xolta @ Jul 10 2010, 10:03 PM)
Ebe is the voice of reason, listen to ebe!

QUOTE (Murdercide626 @ Oct 31 2012, 10:57 AM)
Wow. Way to crush my dreams, Ebe.  sad.gif

QUOTE (Nix @ Nov 24 2012, 02:02 AM)
And you know nothing of what I've done outside the forum.
MacGyver
Posted: Feb 24 2012, 04:30 PM

Devil Forgemaster

While Populous II received ports for both SNES and Genesis, I don't believe either were released in North America. Incidentally, if you're interested, the Genesis port is much closer to the PC version, with the 900+ levels of torture.

I agree that the weird variants in Populous I are charming, and the aspect that I missed the most in Populous II. Cakeland, with its mice "people" and candy and confectionary buildings, is my absolute favorite, both for its absurdity and adorableness.

Amano didn't actually do the art, I was just commenting that the game's artist had a similar style.

--------------------
user posted image
Ebe
Posted: Feb 24 2012, 10:01 PM

Non-mainstream French-Croatian Squid

Member No.: 96

Do you know a site that hosts the Populous 1 Sprites? The cute inhabitants and buildings are something I'd like to examine again.

Except desert world, so boring.

--------------------
QUOTE (xolta @ Jul 10 2010, 10:03 PM)
Ebe is the voice of reason, listen to ebe!

QUOTE (Murdercide626 @ Oct 31 2012, 10:57 AM)
Wow. Way to crush my dreams, Ebe.  sad.gif

QUOTE (Nix @ Nov 24 2012, 02:02 AM)
And you know nothing of what I've done outside the forum.
Admiral_Aorta
Posted: Feb 25 2012, 01:58 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cc5wkQm6B44

Group: Elder Things
Member No.: 4

Do the snes or genesis versions have a less cramped interface than the PC version? I tried to play populous 2 a while ago but the interface put me off.

--------------------
Bogleech is the cool place to hang out. You can find most of the cool people there. In Bogleech you can just chill and do whatever and totally relax. "Take it easy" is the Bogleech motto, for example, that's how laid back it is there. Show up if you want to have a good time. Another good reason to show up is if you want to hang out with friends.

user posted image
MacGyver
Posted: Feb 25 2012, 02:17 PM

Devil Forgemaster

Ebe: No, I haven't ever run across a sprite sheet for Populous I, although I imagine one might exist. Bit Plains, with its PC, SNES, NES, and Gameboy shaped settlements (at least in the SNES port) is probably my second favorite motif after Cakeland.

Admiral_Aorta: I've never played the PC version, so, I can't give you a comparison, but I imagine they didn't change much (although I believe that the Genesis version has a full screen option). The interface is really suited to a mouse, rather than a control pad, so it IS kind of clunky, although you get used to it after awhile. There are more natural disasters/effects at your fingertips than in Populous I, so they're separated into elemental sub-menus (people, plants, earth, wind, fire, and water), and all that's in addition to the usual commands like move towards the papal magnet, settle, gather and settle, and fight and settle.

--------------------
user posted image
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0600 seconds | Archive