Skin created by Kman. Find more great skins at the IF Skin Zone.

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to the official forums of Bogleech.com

You're currently not logged in, which means you are an intangible lurking sentience.

Manifest into being!

If you're already a thing please log in so you can be that:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Cool Let's Plays/walktrhoughs?
scythemantis
Posted: Jun 15 2011, 01:32 AM

With Soar-Throat Ghost

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

I want to watch people play entertaining games, especially games released in the past five years during which time I have barely touched anything new.

SCAAAARY games a plus.

This doesn't qualify as new but here's Abadox:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyYju-E3-P8

--------------------
The reviews are IN!
Scythe is such a fucking aardvark

-The NY Times
ScutigeraColeoptrata
Posted: Jun 15 2011, 01:54 AM

Elite Corps Centipede

Group: Super Moderators
Member No.: 2

It's not a new game by any means, but I loved this Let's Play of the original Clock Tower:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OBwQB-V2dk

ssskinner's Let's Play of Clock Tower 3 is also pretty entertaining:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaNKnJsBycY

--------------------
"Despair is the Disk One boss of the game of Life."
-Chupacabra

Check out my website! http://www.lucidstillness.com/
cultistofvertigo
Posted: Jun 15 2011, 02:35 AM

Nameless Spawn

Group: Members
Member No.: 364

LP's are so much fun. There's a lot of different flavors, though.

For the funny stuff, where the playthrough isn't meant to be informative or complete by any means, it's pretty hard to find the ones that are... you know, actually funny.
That said, the Freelance Astronauts are ALMOST infallible, but sometimes they wear themselves out and forget to be funny for long stretches of time. Some of the best stuff they've done is Ballion, North vs. South, Worms (which you'll have to watch on vimeo or youtube), Octodad (which was the first stream I saw!), Bible Buffet, and the two best they've done, according to me, are Lemmings and QWOP.

As I mentioned, they do a stream on saturdays around 9pm, which is another one of those social internet activities I used to do but sort of forgot to pay attention to for several months.

There's also some good sonic stuff: Let's Play Sonic 2 Special Edition is a parody of obsessive fan rumors and let's plays at the same time. Let's Play Sonic 2006 showcases the sort of insanity visible in IWBTG LP's without getting hard to listen to or over the top. The fact that they did it all in one sitting is the most interesting part. THIS is the only funny retsupurae (like MST3K with bad let's plays, except the commentary is EVEN WORSE than the video being "parodied"), which is due entirely to the content of the video itself. Be warned: if you don't know what it means for somepony to be a "vore," DO NOT watch this. I'm not trying to ruin anypony's life here, keep your innocence intact if you can.

Then you've got your informative lp's. These would be if you want to see EVERYTHING about a game and learn a few things. Let's Play Jurassic Park: Tresspasser is done by a guy with a great accent, and goes into almost obscene detail about everything from the history of the game to the size of the ammo clips of the various guns.

There's also Deceased Crab, named after a certain Monster Party boss... and yes, he has an LP of that, who isn't really the funniest or most informative, but he's very personable and does all sorts of wicked awesome games you may have never otherwise heard of.

The End.

--------------------
xolta: "cultistofvertigo your are some kind of mad genuis"

All Power Exchange Has To Be Negotiated!

Don't say that Tianyulong didn't change everything, because
TIANYULONG.
CHANGED.
EVERYTHING.

[Boyd Rice quote]

Can't is the cancer of happen.

These things too, are all a part of Architeuthis's plan...
ScutigeraColeoptrata
Posted: Jun 15 2011, 02:39 AM

Elite Corps Centipede

Member No.: 2

I love Deceased Crab's Let's Plays!

--------------------
"Despair is the Disk One boss of the game of Life."
-Chupacabra

Check out my website! http://www.lucidstillness.com/
xolta
Posted: Jun 15 2011, 02:46 AM

Wackey as propaganda.

Member No.: 144

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOp-Je7WKKw&feature=relmfu

Lets paly cubivore. A game every one needs to play any ways. You can get it for cheap.

--------------------
Curently banned for life for blockbuster and hollywood video
Babaghanooj
Posted: Jun 15 2011, 08:52 AM

Formless Pupa

Group: Verifiable Organisms
Member No.: 365

First of all head over to the LP Archive (lparchive.org).

Some personal recommendations:

Dead Space by TheManWithAHat, an informative LP with two version, a standard 100% walkthrough and a hard mode walkthrough with commentary.

Dark Id's LPs, especially Limbo of the Lost, Resident Evil series, and Drakengard (he's doing Drakengard 2 and Nier as well, but they're not archived yet). They are in screenshot format though.

Feinne does excellent JRPGs LPs, they're both very informative and done in an in-world style as well (role-playing in a role-playing game? MADNESS!!)
In particular Disgaea 1, 2 and 3, as well Persona 4. They are both screenshot and video based.

Finally, a bizarre and quirky, Twin Peaks inspired game (yes it exists, it was made by a Japanese man, watch out!) called Deadly Premonitions is available at supergreatfriend.com. The LPer, supergreatfiend, also has 2 other LPs of bizarre Japanese games: D and D2, an series of interactive horror movies games made by a Japanese man who had a mental breakdown during the production of the second game, and a completely insane game called Illbleed involving teens escaping a camp-style B-movie horror-based amusement park. My descrption does no justice to the game. An excellent series of video based LPs with commentary.

Scythe, if you ever watch only one LP, watch the Illbleed one by supergreatfriend. It is a 100% walkthrough showing off all the traps, plus the true ending which is incredible rare on the internet (since it's a Dreamcast game).

Second of all, you can register at SomethingAwful.com forums to see the ongoing LPs in the LP forum. Requires a one-time fee though.

EDIT:
I just read that Scythemantis wanted games from the last 5 years, so:

Lparchive has Resident Evil 5, Alan Wake, Penumbra, Indigo Prophecy, and Cryostasis walkthroughs up.

supergreatfriend has the aforementioned Deadly Premonitions.

Here is an ongoing LP of Silent Hill: Homecoming http://www.youtube.com/user/Shesellssheshells
Informative, and entertaining as well, especially the animated cartoon skits and CYOA format.

You can also search for a user named Voidburger, I believe she is doing an LP for Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, the "reimagining" of Silent Hill 1.
scythemantis
Posted: Jun 15 2011, 10:33 AM

With Soar-Throat Ghost

Member No.: 1

^No, all the older ones you listed are awesome too. I just figured I'd say "last 5 years" because those are the ones I'm *guaranteed* to have not played. I'll probably watch Illbleed soon!

--------------------
The reviews are IN!
Scythe is such a fucking aardvark

-The NY Times
Brontozaurus
Posted: Jun 17 2011, 04:14 AM

Creature-Lizard Horror

Group: Elder Things
Member No.: 196

It's not a video one, but this LP of EVO: Search for Eden is pretty good. It's funny but it's also good if you want to play the game yourself, too.

--------------------
They're all like "BASE STATS STAB RATING TYPE MATCHES EGG MOVES" and I'm all like "I like Magmar because it's a duck and it's on fire." -dodoman1

"This is what we've come to. Arguing about bath salts being released into the atmosphere." -Spivsy
Wortcov
Posted: Jun 18 2011, 03:58 PM

High Inquisitor of bath and wells

Member No.: 119

phantasmagoria 2: a puzzle of flesh is proably my favorite lets play of all times.

--------------------
oh my god, he is turning into robin williams D:
Babaghanooj
Posted: Jun 26 2011, 01:30 PM

Formless Pupa

Member No.: 365

I just read your blog Scythe, and I must admit I was cackling as I read your praise.

I'm glad you enjoyed it, and I'm sure you'll enjoy Super Great Friend's other LPs as well.

For a change of pace, try Super-Challenge-World, and Kaizo Mario World 1 and 2 at lparchive.org.

These are fan-made hacks of Super Mario World, designed with INSANE levels of difficulty, requiring surgical levels of precision to complete. In the case of Super Challenge World, there are also puzzles requiring the use of in-game glitches to complete.

Also, try watching a House of the Dead: Overkill LP. Really, try any LP you find, but importantly, it should not have voice over commentary and it should have clear audio.

Why?

The writing is bleeping nuts: cheesy, overblown, tongue-in-cheek and flat-out hilarious (and purposely so). It refuses to take itself seriously, and even derides it's own premises with insane glee. One of the main characters is a caricature of the Angry Black Man trope and uses the F-word as punctuation. I believe the game is notable for having more instances of the F-word that any other game.
Revereche
Posted: Jun 29 2011, 06:21 PM

ハヒ〜♥

Member No.: 157

--------------------
user posted image
ペロペロペロ
The Outsider
Posted: Jun 29 2011, 06:59 PM

the sucker that works toward eternity

Member No.: 374

THIS, and THIS.

--------------------
Spivsy
Posted: Jun 29 2011, 08:06 PM

Gaydolf Shitler

Member No.: 87

--------------------
user posted image
TYO
Dreamer
Posted: Jun 30 2011, 12:52 AM

New and... Improved?

Member No.: 160

Well, The Great Clement is pretty neat, and has Let's Played most of the Mega Man Games (Including 9 and 10) and is working slowly on the Sonic series. He also did a great LP of the Scott Pilgrim game and is currently working on a Quackshot LP. He also does a great Dr. Wily and Robotnik impression

ScottishDuck17 is quite charming too, and he's done some LPs of games like Clockwork Knight, Decap Attack, the Ty the Tasmanian Tiger series, Rayman 2 and House Of The Dead Overkill. He's quite charming.

ChuggaaConroy is one of my favorites, as he's done LPs of all 3 Mother/Earthbound games, , Okami, Pikmin, most of the console mario RPGs, and quite a few other great games.

--------------------
QUOTE (Scythemantis)
One of these days I'm going to use my admin powers to figure out your home address and I am going to place an ad on every single furry personal site for free fursuit sex 24/7 at your house. Don't call first or even knock! Just show up and fuck the first thing you see! His protests are part of the ROLEPLAY!
Krader
Posted: Jan 20 2012, 04:45 AM

Would you like a balloon?

Member No.: 459

Kikoskia's let's play of Doom 3 is quite entertaining. This is mostly due to the fact that he freaks the fuck out about EVERYTHING.

--------------------
user posted image
Hey, let's be civilised and just scratch each other's eyes out.- Inazor Felix
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1267 seconds | Archive