Skin created by Kman. Find more great skins at the IF Skin Zone.

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to the official forums of Bogleech.com

You're currently not logged in, which means you are an intangible lurking sentience.

Manifest into being!

If you're already a thing please log in so you can be that:

Name:   Password:

What modern B Movies will become classics?
Dreamer
Posted: Oct 3 2011, 11:59 PM

New and... Improved?

Group: Elder Things
Member No.: 160

Out of curiosity my fellow Leeches, what films of the 2000s-2010s do you think will be inducted into the B-Movie canon of "classics" like the works of Charles Band, Roger Corman and Bert I Gordon, which Sy-Fy originals and direct-to video schlock do you think will be remembered as epically, awesomely cheesy (Think Death Wish 3 or Puppetmaster) or stupidly, hillariously cheesy (Think Troll 2 or Plan 9 From Outer Space)?

--------------------
QUOTE (Scythemantis)
One of these days I'm going to use my admin powers to figure out your home address and I am going to place an ad on every single furry personal site for free fursuit sex 24/7 at your house. Don't call first or even knock! Just show up and fuck the first thing you see! His protests are part of the ROLEPLAY!
dodoman1
Posted: Oct 4 2011, 12:04 AM

Bio-electric Anemone

Member No.: 19

I think people are going to remember Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus for a long while.

--------------------
"Abominations, mutations, deviations... that's all you're gonna find down here."
My Tumblr
My DeviantArt
--
user posted image
Rasec Wizzlbang
Posted: Oct 4 2011, 12:22 AM

Move mountains! Mount movements!

Member No.: 6

For some reason I think the Human Centipede and its sequel are gonna be lingering for awhile through the gross out factor alone.

--------------------
user posted image
Dreamer
Posted: Oct 11 2011, 06:34 PM

New and... Improved?

Personally, I think that the Grindhouse films and their spinoffs (Machete and Hobo With A Shotgun), as well as most of Steven Sommers ovure will be remembered as Hollywood B-movies. And, though it might be wishful thinking, I have a hunch that Drive Angry will become a cult classic.

--------------------
QUOTE (Scythemantis)
One of these days I'm going to use my admin powers to figure out your home address and I am going to place an ad on every single furry personal site for free fursuit sex 24/7 at your house. Don't call first or even knock! Just show up and fuck the first thing you see! His protests are part of the ROLEPLAY!
Admiral_Aorta
Posted: Oct 11 2011, 08:53 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cc5wkQm6B44

Member No.: 4

Hobo with a Shotgun is not a hollywood film and it is genuinely great.

--------------------
Bogleech is the cool place to hang out. You can find most of the cool people there. In Bogleech you can just chill and do whatever and totally relax. "Take it easy" is the Bogleech motto, for example, that's how laid back it is there. Show up if you want to have a good time. Another good reason to show up is if you want to hang out with friends.

user posted image
Spivsy
Posted: Oct 11 2011, 08:57 PM

Gaydolf Shitler

Member No.: 87

Tell it to Mother Theresa while she's fingerbanging you in hell!

--------------------
user posted image
TYO
dodoman1
Posted: Oct 11 2011, 09:17 PM

Bio-electric Anemone

Member No.: 19

I still desperately need to see Hobo With a Shotgun.

--------------------
"Abominations, mutations, deviations... that's all you're gonna find down here."
My Tumblr
My DeviantArt
--
user posted image
leesamfish
Posted: Oct 12 2011, 12:41 AM

Yeah, they're dead. They're all messed up.

Group: Members
Member No.: 279

I think The GingerDead Man. Not sure what year itīs from, but oh good god.

--------------------
user posted image
Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net
Dreamer
Posted: Oct 13 2011, 08:30 PM

New and... Improved?

QUOTE (Admiral_Aorta @ Oct 11 2011, 08:53 PM)
Hobo with a Shotgun is not a hollywood film and it is genuinely great.

True, I accidentlly lumped it in as "Holl;ywood" due to its (somewhat tenuous) connection to Grindhouse. But it does look awesome.

Another film that I can see becoming a B-Movie classic of the 2000s is Mansqyuito, mainly because that name is so iconically "B-Movie" that I think it'll stick in people's memory for a long time.

--------------------
QUOTE (Scythemantis)
Shoggoth
Posted: Oct 13 2011, 08:59 PM

Digest that Meat!

Member No.: 402

Sharktopus, at least I really hope so. It has a really stupid feel to it that will probably make it popular.

--------------------
user posted image
xolta
Posted: Oct 13 2011, 11:28 PM

Wackey as propaganda.

Group: Super Moderators
Member No.: 144

Silther because its already a b movie. i still love it forr all of its people exploding out worms glory.

--------------------
Curently banned for life for blockbuster and hollywood video
Arachnid knight
Posted: Oct 14 2011, 12:07 AM

Chithinous Vigilant

Member No.: 65

Five words, gentlemen.

Ticked Off Trannies With Knives.
Shadow Goo
Posted: Oct 23 2011, 02:20 PM

Indescribable Monstrosity

Member No.: 22

QUOTE (Shoggoth @ Oct 13 2011, 08:59 PM)
Sharktopus, at least I really hope so. It has a really stupid feel to it that will probably make it popular.

Agreed. I haven't seen it yet, but I can't help but have a feeling that movie has the potential to be a cheesy classic. It's about a giant shark/octopus monster created by the Navy to use as a weapon, for god's sake, and it even has a theme song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSc1NhsbytQ

THE SHARKTOPUS CAN'T BE KEPT AT BAY! AND YOU WILL NEVER EVER EVER GET AWAY!

--------------------
Dreamer
Posted: Nov 24 2011, 07:10 PM

New and... Improved?

QUOTE (Arachnid knight @ Oct 14 2011, 12:07 AM)
Five words, gentlemen.

Ticked Off Trannies With Knives.

I haven't heard of it. What do you think is a reason it's gonna be a classic? I also think that, i nthe future, Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter is gonna be well remembered for the name alone.

--------------------
QUOTE (Scythemantis)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1169 seconds | Archive