Skin created by Kman. Find more great skins at the IF Skin Zone.

Create a free forum in seconds.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to the official forums of Bogleech.com

You're currently not logged in, which means you are an intangible lurking sentience.

Manifest into being!

If you're already a thing please log in so you can be that:

Name:   Password:

Big Head-O
scythemantis
Posted: May 18 2011, 07:28 PM

With Soar-Throat Ghost

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

My favorite story from Saya in Underworld, a blog which translates Japanese pastas!

A few years ago I suddenly remembered about a village I once visited. It was a friendly little village I discovered by chance while travelling alone. I stayed there overnight and received a most heart-warming welcome. For some reason I don't know, I felt an urge to go there again.

I have good memory and was pretty confident that I remembered the way to get there. Once near the village I spotted a familiar sign post from my car; which, if my memory was right, should have read "___km to __(the village's name)." But strangely enough all there was on the sign were the words "The Big-Head O". I had a bad feeling when I saw it but still decided to drive on.

When I arrived at the village I found it deserted and all the houses were buried in weeds. I was deeply puzzled and was about to get off the car when I saw, about 20 metres ahead of me, something that looked like a human with a very large head looming out of the bushes.
What? What is that? While I was trying to understand what was going on I saw other similar creatures coming out all around me; moreover, they started to come after me moving in a grotesque manner, with their arms lying still against their sides and their large heads swinging side to side...

I was glad I hadn't left the car.
I let the car run backwards at lightning speed and joined the main road. Afterwards I checked my map but the location of the village I visited a few years ago and the place I went on that day were unmistakeably one and the same. However I don't think I will dare to go there ever again.

--------------------
The reviews are IN!
Scythe is such a fucking aardvark

-The NY Times
dodoman1
Posted: May 18 2011, 07:35 PM

Bio-electric Anemone

Group: Elder Things
Member No.: 19

I don't get it.

--------------------
"Abominations, mutations, deviations... that's all you're gonna find down here."
My Tumblr
My DeviantArt
--
user posted image
scythemantis
Posted: May 18 2011, 07:42 PM

With Soar-Throat Ghost

Member No.: 1

What's to get? Someone revisits a place and for some reason, just the one time, it's a decrepit old village full of disturbingly absurd-sounding freaks.

That kind of simplistic little unexplained pasta is my very favorite kind. It somehow feels more "realistic" for nothing dramatic to happen and no possible explanation to be offered.

--------------------
The reviews are IN!
Scythe is such a fucking aardvark

-The NY Times
ScutigeraColeoptrata
Posted: May 18 2011, 07:45 PM

Elite Corps Centipede

Group: Super Moderators
Member No.: 2

My guess is he found an alien tour group that got lost.

--------------------
"Despair is the Disk One boss of the game of Life."
-Chupacabra

Check out my website! http://www.lucidstillness.com/
Revereche
Posted: May 19 2011, 12:16 AM

ハヒ〜♥

Member No.: 157

QUOTE (scythemantis @ May 18 2011, 02:42 PM)
That kind of simplistic little unexplained pasta is my very favorite kind. It somehow feels more "realistic" for nothing dramatic to happen and no possible explanation to be offered.

This. Same reason old Inuit fairy tales and similar appeal to me - there is no point, weird shit just goes down in life sometimes.

--------------------
user posted image
ペロペロペロ
Neini
Posted: May 19 2011, 12:42 AM

Eight Clubberskulls

Group: Elder Things
Member No.: 10

Big Head-On, apply directly to the forehead!

--------------------
user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image
Half of Eight Clubberskulls
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0678 seconds | Archive