Skin created by Kman. Find more great skins at the IF Skin Zone.

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to the official forums of Bogleech.com

You're currently not logged in, which means you are an intangible lurking sentience.

Manifest into being!

If you're already a thing please log in so you can be that:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (4) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Video reviews: my worst idea ever.
scythemantis
Posted: Nov 13 2011, 10:30 AM

With Soar-Throat Ghost

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

http://youtu.be/-yTU-G9AxAs

Not reviews of videos, but videos wherein I review things that I have on hand to review.

I'm a very shaky person and cannot watch this myself without getting sick.

I am terribly embarrassed by my voice and mannerisms.

If I make this a public link on youtube I am going to get nothing but troll comments, I just know it.

Dare I make any attempt to continue? sad.gif

Does anyone know what kind of software all those angry nostalgia dudes use to cut up and edit this crap?

--------------------
The reviews are IN!
Scythe is such a fucking aardvark

-The NY Times
Rasec Wizzlbang
Posted: Nov 13 2011, 10:41 AM

Move mountains! Mount movements!

Group: Elder Things
Member No.: 6

Worst... Or best?

Review the mummies, Scythe. All of them.

--------------------
user posted image
OuthouseInferno
Posted: Nov 13 2011, 01:09 PM

I cringed so hard my face turned into an asshole

Group: Super Moderators
Member No.: 7

That wasn't a review :/

I think you should try making a review first. Prepare a few silly talking points on hand about the items you're going to make funnies about.

--------------------
user posted image
"I am of a different mind ten times in the course of a day. But I resist the devil, and often it is with a fart that I chase him away." -Martin Luther
ScutigeraColeoptrata
Posted: Nov 13 2011, 01:10 PM

Elite Corps Centipede

Member No.: 2

I thought you came across as companionable and fully aware of any behaviour the public might find 'creepy', which is more than one can say for a great many Youtube users.

I think the plethora of online critics mostly use Final Cut Pro, which has a 30 day trial:

http://www.apple.com/ca/finalcutpro/?cid=q...nalcutpro-video

There are a few free ones you can try though:

http://www.desktop-video-guide.com/top-5-f...are-review.html

If you do reviews of various miscellaneous objects, I recommend having a script prepared before hand, as 'natural' unscripted reviews tend to be full of awkward pauses and slurred words.

--------------------
"Despair is the Disk One boss of the game of Life."
-Chupacabra

Check out my website! http://www.lucidstillness.com/
Revereche
Posted: Nov 13 2011, 01:41 PM

ハヒ〜♥

Member No.: 157

I think you're too hard on yourself. Your collection is awesome~

--------------------
user posted image
ペロペロペロ
Jesus lizard
Posted: Nov 13 2011, 01:58 PM

Invader Swim

Member No.: 91

Scythe, you sound so nervous!
You shouldn't worry about what people think of you, besides, the vast majority of people on the internet I have shown Bogleech love it and to that extent love you!

Don't focus on how pathetic you think you are, focus on how cool other people think you are.
You have to remember that this is the internet and not real life, the cashier who snickered at you for buying some product isn't watching the video, it's a guy who likes monsters or bugs or toys or something.
It's the same mindset I assumed you had for Bogleech.com.

This was a good starting point to get some helpful crit, now get out there and make a real review, you spineless wretch.
Your low opinion of yourself disgusts me.
Acid-Seaforce
Posted: Nov 13 2011, 02:31 PM

Nameless Spawn

Group: Members
Member No.: 418

Agreeing with Jesus Lizard here, if you want to make something of this, confidence is key. I mean, l'm an incredibly nervous person, but l can normally fake confidence quite well. Sarcasm works wonders in things like this. Also, Sony Vegas can be aquired quite easily.
xolta
Posted: Nov 13 2011, 04:10 PM

Wackey as propaganda.

Member No.: 144

Your stuff is awesome. I need it, I want it. Your funny just do what you do when off camera and you will be fine.

--------------------
Curently banned for life for blockbuster and hollywood video
scythemantis
Posted: Nov 13 2011, 04:48 PM

With Soar-Throat Ghost

That was actually the third or fourth take....I flubbed too many words and in other (now deleted) versions I babbled even awkwardlier.

You are in fact seeing how I sound in most natural conversation tongue.gif

The only program I was able to download was Windows Movie Maker and it can't edit MP4's, which is all my camera makes :[

--------------------
The reviews are IN!

-The NY Times
Chupacabra
Posted: Nov 13 2011, 08:19 PM

Albino Nigger Anti-Hero

Member No.: 14

Your voice is endearing enough, it didn't seem too annoying or anything. Just stick with it and I'm sure you'll come up with something good.

Despite not being a review and being more like an introduction, it was still more of a review than any of the Sonic Rewives.

If I make this a public link on youtube I am going to get nothing but troll comments, I just know it.

Every video needs trolls!

--------------------
user posted image

You're a real Pollyanna Chup. - ScutigeraColeoptrata
outhouseinferno: chup's species came here when the teenaged ufo drivers threw their used condom out the airlock
scythemantis
Posted: Nov 14 2011, 12:17 PM

With Soar-Throat Ghost

Man, I tried and failed with like ten different programs before I finally just cracked Quicktime pro. All I wanted was to cut out some parts of my videos, it's so freaking easy now.

--------------------
The reviews are IN!

-The NY Times
leesamfish
Posted: Nov 14 2011, 03:40 PM

Yeah, they're dead. They're all messed up.

Member No.: 279

Listen--

First of all, your voice is a hell of a lot less sexy than I thought it would be. sad.gif I was definitely expecting Isaac Hayes.

Second, if you´re nervous like that, write out scripts first of what you want to say about the stuff so that you´re less awkward. And, to make it funny or whatever, put it into Microsoft Sam or one of those voice things you speak in to. Or get a friend to say it.

But your voice kind of does put me in a murderous rampage, sorry. I can´t exactly judge, I sound ridiculous too, but.

In terms of the video taping quality, I´d suggest better lighting (which can be hard in your room), but it wasn´t too jumpy or difficult to see the stuff, so kudos on that.

I don´t think you´ll get troll comments, since this is fairly interesting, and it´s not like you have three toys and are like "LOOK AT MY COLECSHUN", you do have a lot of stuff to talk about. But, definitely work on presentation a bit.

--------------------
user posted image
Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net
scythemantis
Posted: Nov 14 2011, 06:46 PM

With Soar-Throat Ghost

You never watched my cartoons? :c

My real voice features throughout.

See, if someone who KINDA "likes" me (I'm assuming?) finds it annoying I know I'm going to get some shitty comments about it.

Warping it artificially feels like too big a cop-out though.

--------------------
The reviews are IN!

-The NY Times
Spivsy
Posted: Nov 14 2011, 06:58 PM

Gaydolf Shitler

Member No.: 87

If you microsoft sammed your voice I'd have to force myself to grow a pair of antlers so that I could charge into you with them.

--------------------
user posted image
TYO
Nix
Posted: Nov 14 2011, 07:54 PM

Why haven't I made an avatar yet?

Member No.: 176

QUOTE (scythemantis @ Nov 14 2011, 06:46 PM)
You never watched my cartoons? :c

My real voice features throughout.

I'd actually assumed that you were just doing character voices for all the characters in your cartoons. It had never occurred to me that Dan's voice in The Fear Hole was just your actual normal voice.

(I'm not saying there's anything wrong with your voice, just saying that watching a cartoon doesn't necessarily mean knowing what the voice actor normally sounds like when he's not voice acting.)
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Topic OptionsPages: (4) [1] 2 3 ... Last »

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1272 seconds | Archive