Skin created by Kman. Find more great skins at the IF Skin Zone.

Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to the official forums of Bogleech.com

You're currently not logged in, which means you are an intangible lurking sentience.

Manifest into being!

If you're already a thing please log in so you can be that:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )

Hitchhiker
leesamfish
Posted: May 24 2011, 02:43 AM

Yeah, they're dead. They're all messed up.

Group: Members
Member No.: 279

This reminds me of that one story. I don't remember who it's by, I think it was Robert Louis Stephenson but I'm not positive. Basically, a guy buys a lamp or something from this old man who's desperate to sell it. The old man explains that the lamp will grant you anything you want, but has two rules: 1. You can only sell it to the next person for less than you bought it for 2. If it's in your possession when you die, you go to hell.

And then the rest of the story was boring and pointless about him and his lover buying it and stuff, and eventually he buys it for one penny to save his wife (who was an idiot and bought it for two pennies), then they're like "oh yeah there are half pennies" so they sell it to some pirates who were like "eh, we're going to hell anyways, we might as well enjoy ourselves with wishes."

This creepy pasta really is more of a parable, and a cautionary tale. Just a general "be careful what you wish for" story. It doesn't matter why the girl was going to the dark place, what mattered was that the man made a vague wish, and it had disastrous results. I think that's why I liked this one: it sounds a lot more sophisticated than other "omg something in my closets!" creepypastas. Like, it sounds like a legitimate ghost story that makes the reader forget about the fact that they're reading something on the Internet, and get absorbed in the story. After all, isn't that what good storytelling does, is make you forget that you're reading it or hearing it or watching a movie? Suspension of reality and all that?
Sorry, rambled a bit. But yeah, I do like this pasta. Possibly because it's a nice change from the usual "omg weird shit happening lemme post on the internet" stories.

--------------------
user posted image
Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net
cultistofvertigo
Posted: May 24 2011, 03:06 AM

Nameless Spawn

Member No.: 364

If it's all high-fantasy, though, it's not very creepy. Saying "you'll go to hell" isn't scary, because it's an empty threat.

And "be careful what you wish for" stories with empty threats don't really work. The monkey's paw had their dead son come back to life AS A ZOMBIE. That's freaking crazy. Honestly, the only time I've ever been creeped out by a zombie is when some guy was telling that story to my class in the school library when I was in... I don't know, second grade or something.

Perhaps a better way to end that story would be to have the hitchhiker turn into a demon or something at the end. Yeah, that would be frickin' cewl.

--------------------
xolta: "cultistofvertigo your are some kind of mad genuis"

All Power Exchange Has To Be Negotiated!

Don't say that Tianyulong didn't change everything, because
TIANYULONG.
CHANGED.
EVERYTHING.

[Boyd Rice quote]

Can't is the cancer of happen.

These things too, are all a part of Architeuthis's plan...
Tsar Nazi
Posted: May 24 2011, 03:50 AM

tsar of all the nazis and slavs

Member No.: 295

i red that story once in comparative lit class. you shuld feele ashamed for paraphrasing it so badly, you kikish cockmongler.
cultistofvertigo
Posted: May 24 2011, 03:57 AM

Nameless Spawn

mabi ur juss jealouse bcuz off all mai jew gold

u muszbe sum cind o fagit know wander everypony h8tes u n thinx ur dum
u sould prolly jast kil yerslef nao no1 bill ms yo

--------------------

TIANYULONG.
CHANGED.
EVERYTHING.

[Boyd Rice quote]

Tsar Nazi
Posted: May 24 2011, 04:03 AM

tsar of all the nazis and slavs

Member No.: 295

oh so now u watche Southernly Parking too you hipster woman of some sort.

btw is there a kitchen in your ocomputrer? then you shuld really get back to the kitchen and make your husband a sandwich
cultistofvertigo
Posted: May 24 2011, 04:12 AM

Nameless Spawn

frack hugh buddy how do you evan kno aim a women? qick anser the antsur is yu dont no dou no u dont so u dont evin no do u? no, you dont.

maybe ur jus prospecting mee being a grrl ontoo mei beecawse u r so ugri an no gurlz bill evar lik uo so yu are deelin wit a llot off strez becouzin afrais og intinimidenancy.

i thinx teh rewt ov ur probelm lyes wif a feer af regretin ewe nevar rilly got to no ur grangmomo.

or is that too close to home?

I mean hoam.

--------------------

TIANYULONG.
CHANGED.
EVERYTHING.

[Boyd Rice quote]

leesamfish
Posted: May 24 2011, 04:43 AM

Wait wait wait wait.

Tsar nazi was talking to cultistofvertigo, saying he paraphrased badly and was a kikish cockmongler?

Because both of those totally apply to me, and I thought you were saying them to me. xD In fact, I don't think there's a better phrase to describe me as a person than "kikish cockmongler".

--------------------
user posted image
cultistofvertigo
Posted: May 24 2011, 04:52 AM

Nameless Spawn

from what Chart Navy has told me, kikes are world renowned for their penchant at illustrating phallic members.

of parliament.

--------------------

TIANYULONG.
CHANGED.
EVERYTHING.

[Boyd Rice quote]

Revereche
Posted: May 24 2011, 04:54 AM

ハヒ〜♥

Group: Admin
Member No.: 157

Three morons, one topic.

--------------------
user posted image
ペロペロペロ
Violence Jill
Posted: May 24 2011, 04:55 AM

My powers of rape command you!

Member No.: 309

QUOTE (leesamfish @ May 24 2011, 02:43 AM)
This reminds me of that one story. I don't remember who it's by, I think it was Robert Louis Stephenson but I'm not positive. Basically, a guy buys a lamp or something from this old man who's desperate to sell it. The old man explains that the lamp will grant you anything you want, but has two rules: 1. You can only sell it to the next person for less than you bought it for 2. If it's in your possession when you die, you go to hell.

And then the rest of the story was boring and pointless about him and his lover buying it and stuff, and eventually he buys it for one penny to save his wife (who was an idiot and bought it for two pennies), then they're like "oh yeah there are half pennies" so they sell it to some pirates who were like "eh, we're going to hell anyways, we might as well enjoy ourselves with wishes."

This creepy pasta really is more of a parable, and a cautionary tale. Just a general "be careful what you wish for" story. It doesn't matter why the girl was going to the dark place, what mattered was that the man made a vague wish, and it had disastrous results. I think that's why I liked this one: it sounds a lot more sophisticated than other "omg something in my closets!" creepypastas. Like, it sounds like a legitimate ghost story that makes the reader forget about the fact that they're reading something on the Internet, and get absorbed in the story. After all, isn't that what good storytelling does, is make you forget that you're reading it or hearing it or watching a movie? Suspension of reality and all that?
Sorry, rambled a bit. But yeah, I do like this pasta. Possibly because it's a nice change from the usual "omg weird shit happening lemme post on the internet" stories.

It is like Azathoth opened one of his thousand mouths, became lazy, and then said 'GO FORTH LEESAMFISH'.

And so it was.

--------------------
MPREG.
leesamfish
Posted: May 24 2011, 05:00 AM

QUOTE (Violence Jill @ May 24 2011, 04:55 AM)

It is like Azathoth opened one of his thousand mouths, became lazy, and then said 'GO FORTH LEESAMFISH'.

And so it was.

Puspool.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Nematode
Posted: May 24 2011, 06:57 PM

Indescribable Monstrosity

Member No.: 28

Dear god, they're speaking in tongues.
Lightquake
Posted: May 24 2011, 11:14 PM

Magnificient Mustache Man

Member No.: 151

Cultist, you're thinking of "the Bottle Imp."

--------------------
QUOTE (Jesus lizard @ Nov 13 2010, 08:25 PM)
Oh god, what the fuck did you put in my drink?
TENTACOOLS?

MuscoviteMica
  Posted: May 26 2011, 12:45 AM

KAl2(AlSi3O10)(OH)2

Group: Verifiable Organisms
Member No.: 61

QUOTE (Nematode @ May 24 2011, 01:57 PM)
Dear god, they're speaking in tongues.

user posted image

--------------------
Because biotite mica simply isn't good enough.

Take a ride on the walking hospital!
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2] 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0898 seconds | Archive