zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Arrakis Awakening - A Dune RPG. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (3) [1] 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

New Blood
Victor Goss
Posted: Sep 8 2008, 07:29 PM

• Ginaz Swordmaster •
Group Icon

Group: House Harkonnen
Member No.: 41

Victor Goss looked down the hallway of the palaces of Baron Harkonnen with his good hazel eye.
It felt odd for the Swordmaster as he recalled that he once tried to assassinate the baron. And now he was requested to return to his home plant of Giedi Prime.
To service as a Swordmaster as well as a bodyguard for House Harkonnen and for the same man he tried and failed to kill.

And now Victor Goss stood in a blue uniform with a red griffin over his right shoulder.
With the sleeves removed just because they could be. His sword hung on his left hip with his right hand resting on the hilt of it. This was to give the idea that he could own use a sword with his right hand. The young Swordmaster drew a deep calm breath before heading down the hallway.

The hallway was lined red banners of House Harkonnen with the sign of the House in blue. Also a lot the wall were guards and solders who eyes betrays their mistrust of the 21 year 6 foot 3 man who was walking down their hallway with the click of Victor's boots on the floor.

Victor's eye drifted from man to man seeing the fear, anger mistrust and even hated in the soldiers eyes. "To keep ones sane one most not live in the past nor think of what might happed in the future. But live for the now." He said more or less to himself then the guards who were more like stone statues then men. With there eyes fixed straight in forward of them, and there emotionless stare. Victor Goss sighed and head on for the Baron’s office.

--------------------
A sword is a weapon. The art of swordmanship is the art of killing with a sword. If that is the case what am I as a swordmaster?
Kuro Kiderra
Posted: Sep 10 2008, 12:52 PM

House Defender
Group Icon

Group: Travelers
Member No.: 18

Eyes watched the newcomer from the shadows. Almond eyes gradually narrowing, as if in recognition. From his vantage point, Kiderra Yogo mentally chuckled before moving to his next position. He had Evito to help along the road to oblivion & figured the Baron could handle this development.

We DO live in interesting times, don't we?! he thought to himself. It was amusing to say the least...

--------------------
Man who says "it cannot be done" should not interrupt man who is doing it!
Victor Goss
Posted: Sep 10 2008, 02:03 PM

• Ginaz Swordmaster •
Group Icon

The feeling of being watched made Victor uneasy as he got the funny feeling.
His eye scanned the shadows around him. The Swordmaster griped the hilt of his sword as he became more alert and slowly checked the shadows.
Yes, I am an assassin but good grief I feel like I not welcome. The Baron doesn't even come to welcome me from Highliner. Victor Goss thought to himself. Of Course he knew full well that the Baron had his hands full with planning revenge on the Atreides the enemy of the Harkonnen. And a fail assassinate attempted by Facedancer earlier today.

Victor learned of the Facedaner by just looking around the palace.
"Do you watch ever newcomer or am I just lucky today?"
He asked the shadows.

--------------------
A sword is a weapon. The art of swordmanship is the art of killing with a sword. If that is the case what am I as a swordmaster?
Kaluu Harkonnen
Posted: Sep 10 2008, 10:21 PM

• The Siridar Baron •
Group Icon

Member No.: 11

A laugh came out of another shadow and the Baron stepped out of it to meet Victor Goss.

"Fascinating that Ginaz sent me you when I asked for a Swordmaster. Irony? Poetic justice in their eyes?" Kaluu stated, "Come, follow me down to the lower levels."

They entered into the lift and began descending, sub level 2 approached then passed, "Welcome to House Harkonnen Swordmaster Goss, you have arrived in quite an interesting time."

Sub level 3 approached then passed, "It seems there is a new type of Face Dancer wandering around, one that can't be easily identified. I am sure you will enjoy trying to hunt it down."

Sub level 4 approached and the lift stopped, the doors opened and a sticky, sweet smell permeated the air, anyone who has killed another would recognize the smell. Painful moans and the occasional scream could be heard.

"Welcome to sub level 4, this is where all the fun is and you will have access to this level to conduct any type of interrogations you need to." Kaluu told him, quickly he took a sip of sappho juice, careful to not get any on his lips and the glazed look came over his eyes, the smell of blood only hightened things for him.

The Baron laughed again, "I am afraid you will have to get used to the eyes in the shadows, my protector is ever watchful."

Kaluu couldn't use the word assassin anymore, due to the Evito, he hoped Victor was smart enough to get the hint. "Minor House Kiderra takes care of that side of things for me. You make friends with them then you have made friends with me."

They started strolling down the hall with various chamber doors showing different - enjoyments to the Barron. "Word from Ginaz is that you could be as good as Duncan Idaho. That's quite a claim, that comes from friends and instructors. I also read your history, I want you to know that I hold no grudge against you or your past. I just want to make sure that when House Harkonnen needs you that you will be there, with full support."

How Victor Goss answered would inform the Baron whether or not he would be House Swordsman or a sub level 4 guest.

--------------------
user posted image
Victor Goss
Posted: Sep 11 2008, 07:43 AM

• Ginaz Swordmaster •
Group Icon

Swordmaster Goss followed the Baron to the lifted.
He listened to his new master welcome him to House Harkonnen and informs him of the new type of facedancer. The lifted passed sublevel three and on to sublevel four, where the lift stopped and opened to a room, where the smell of blood was heavy in the air along with scream of pain.

Victor Goss tuned out the painful moans and screams of the poor souls who angered the baron. At once the Swordmaster knew if he had to use this room. The person in question wouldn't be able to leave alive. Goss listened to his lord speak about his protector and of Minor House Kiderra as well.
So you’re using an Evito against the Evito but what, if the facedancer is inside House Kiderra. That would be the best away to get closer to the Barron he thought to himself

He followed the baron down the hallway lined with cambers. Locking his eyes on his master, he may have been give to House Harkonnen. But he was still human and didn't have the sane sense of enjoyment that his twisted leader had
"You will have my support when you need me my lord Baron.. Yes it been said about me that I can match Duncan Idaho in skill with a sword however, that is the teachers claims not mine. So you requested a Swordmaster as Facedancer hunter.

--------------------
Kaluu Harkonnen
Posted: Sep 11 2008, 08:43 AM

• The Siridar Baron •
Group Icon

"Not really a Face Dancer Hunter, but you will have to deal with it. And as far as Kiderra Yogo goes, he isn't exactly Evito approved, so what he does here is to be kept quiet. I also see by the look on your face that this isn't your cup of tea." Kaluu motioned to the events around him, they began strolling back to the lift.

"All the intelligence on the current Face Dancer will be sent to you. My dear Mother, the Reverend Mother Rabban and her crew can't detect the Face Dancer either and it is a sore point with her. She will come to meet you eventually and she is a witch in every sense of the word."

They got off the lift and back into fresh air and it was fresh due to the terraforming that the Baron was doing to the planet. It was a very slow process to clean up what generations of his family had ruined.

"Standard scans of the servants in my House and House Kiderra have proved fruitless. I did get into a fight with it, although I never saw it's face, it was an exceptional fighter, something else that wasn't in the old model. I managed to cut it's wrist and got some chemical spill that my doctors and the Kiderra doctors are studying. The na-Baron and the Baroness are involved in their own plans at the moment, you will meet them sooner or later."

They walked to his office where intelligence reports were waiting his perusal, "I do have to warn you about the Evito, the Prime Father was my Master of Assassins here, he took that job at thirteen years of age. He knows this palace and my secrets. I believe him to be the most dangerous killer in the universe. There is a connection between the Evito and the Face Dancer here, an Evito was killed by the Kiderra and signs of the Face Dancer had been around him. I know that Lorian hates the Tleilaxu, so I know they aren't in collusion, but there is something going on there."

The Baron sat at his desk, "The old Swordmaster estate has been rebuilt and is located just outside of the south wing. A servant will take you there when you're ready. I won't be offended if you want to do your own search and scan of the property for your piece of mind."

He definately has a strong sense of honor. He could be a great help to House Harkonnen, it's been a couple of generations sense we had a swordmaster here.

--------------------
user posted image
Victor Goss
Posted: Sep 11 2008, 09:39 AM

• Ginaz Swordmaster •
Group Icon

"I understand my lord, I prefer fight or torture." Goss said honestly as he followed his leader to the lifted. "If the Bene Gesserit can no detect these new types of Face Dancers, then it will be interesting to see how I fair with it. But don't set with your back toward any door my lord." The Swordmaster said. When the Barron finished telling him of the Reverend Mother Rabban and how that she can’t detect these new Face Dancers

Victor didn't thrust the Bene Gesserit because they never did anything with out reason. Most of the time it was to push forward their own plans. But he would try and behave himself when the Reverend Mother would call on him.
When they reached the surface and the fresh air Goss took a deep breath and remember what the plant had been like before hand.

The Swordmaster nodded as his lord spoke of the failed scans and of his fight with a face dancer. Soon they were in the Barron Harkonnen‘s office and Victor watched and listened as Kaluu looked over the intelligence reports on his desk and the warning of the Evito and the Prime Father. "What happed to that 13 year old master of assassin?" Victor asked trying to find a motive for revenge against the Barron.

Like so many Victor Goss distrusted the Tleilaxu. Everyone knew that they were only loyal to there own goal. And sell the services to the highest bidder. That made them dishonor. Now, there was only one person other then the royal family of house Harkonnen that could order Goss and that was the Holy Regent or the emperor himself.

As for searching and scanning the grounds The Swordmaster would to that. So to get to know the palaces ground and the people that normally came around.

--------------------
Kaluu Harkonnen
Posted: Sep 11 2008, 05:18 PM

• The Siridar Baron •
Group Icon

"Not too long ago we had a garden party here, I invited the Landsraad to attend. Lorian Uguisubari he had his own plans, after dinner we went into the Atrium where he proceeded to stick a knife in my shoulder, missing the major muscle and all blood vessels, proceeded to revive the old Bene Evito brotherhood, tried to kill Wensicia Corrino." Kaluu actually smiled at that one.

"The Baroness stopped that and he left for Poritrin. He had been planning it for a few years. I knew he had something planned to regain his name and family titles, but I didn't know it was that. He never told me in case things backfired I wouldn't have to lie to the truthsayers."

"The blade had poison in it, it paralyzed me and my Tleilaxu doctor took me back to my room where he tried to kill me, he was in collusion with Lorian. Luckily Kuro Kiderra and my Baroness caught on to it and rescued me in time."

"I don't care what you have planned here, as long as it doesn't interfere with House Harkonnen's position or monitary standing." Kaluu stressed this point. Nothing would interfere with that.

--------------------
user posted image
Victor Goss
Posted: Sep 11 2008, 05:55 PM

• Ginaz Swordmaster •
Group Icon

The Swordmaster nods as he listened to the story.
He couldn't find anything that lead to a motive from what he was told.
I don't care what you have planned here; as long as it doesn't interfere with House Harkonnen's position or monetary standing When Goss heard that he couldn't help but think that it sound like something the old Barron would say.

"Be careful my lord or you will repeat history." He warned to his leader.
Victor didn't mean to lecture his own leader about the house’s past. But it was the old Barron secret spice holdings that lost dune for Harkonnen. And set House Atreides over the spice flow. The sword master’s good eye studied Kaluu’s face and expression. The Swordmaster wasn’t sure but, he thought he saw a hint of Sapho on his lips.
But he wasn’t sure of it. The eyes can be mislead

--------------------
Ragnir
Posted: Sep 12 2008, 10:30 AM

Na-Baron
Group Icon

Member No.: 35

A light lit up on the baron's desk just before a figure entered. The figure wore fremen garb. He stoped just inside the door and pulled back his hood. He looked to be a fremen around 20 years old. He noded to the baron with respect and looked Victor over, his blue-within-blue eyes focusing on Victor. He then turned the baron.

"I see they sent someone with some skill. I came by to inform you that 'uncle' attempted to slip a spy into my service. He was returned alive so he shouldn't have much to complain about this time. Though I'm sure he will complain to no end."

The person chuckles. "Oh, if you wish to insert a spy, just let me know who you would like employed. It would make life simpilier for the two of us."

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
Kuro Kiderra
Posted: Sep 12 2008, 10:44 AM

House Defender
Group Icon

Group: Travelers
Member No.: 18

Kiderra Yogo finished his rounds with a practiced ease. He knew areas in the Palace grounds that even the Evito were unaware, & he used that knowledge to full effect. He had already dealt with 7 assassin's since the Garden Party.

The new swordmaster was an intriguing development. Extra talent was always useful, but talent with honor--now that was a rare commodity! He was uncertain as to accommodations for the newcomer, but all things in time. He still had one other point to cover.

He made his way to the grounds of the late Feyd Rautha. The grounds were to be thoroughly searched before the na-Baron took up residence. All was well, thus far, but Kiderra Yogo always made it a point of triple-checking a given area: a good number of n'er-do-wells would expect double-checking of areas, but almost never thrice-checking. His search came up satisfactory, & he passed the word on to one of the Fremen that accompanied the na-Baron.

--------------------
Man who says "it cannot be done" should not interrupt man who is doing it!
Victor Goss
Posted: Sep 12 2008, 10:48 AM

• Ginaz Swordmaster •
Group Icon

"A freman, on Giedi Prime and now I have seen everything." Victor Goss said to himself as he saw the new man enter dressed in Freman grab. The Sword master’s good eye turned to look this man over. Freman grab with blue with blue eyes. This man was either a freman or had sent allot of time with them.

But the way the man just nodded to the baron. Meant that he was either higher or equal rank as the baron or that was what this person thought anyway. Victor watched this man carefully since he didn't know him. He would note every movement of muscle the man made. For all the Swordmaster knew this man could be a possible threat to his lord.
Goss stood with his right hand closed around the hilt of his sword.

He listened as the person informed the Baron of a spy and the offer to put a spy in place somewhere.

--------------------
Kaluu Harkonnen
Posted: Sep 12 2008, 11:39 AM

• The Siridar Baron •
Group Icon

"Ah, good old Uncle," began Kaluu, "he's at least dependable for something."

The Baron looked over at Goss then back at Ragnir, "Where are my manners? Victor Goss, this is the na-Baron Ragnir, this Ragnir is our new Swordmaster Victor Goss."

"I tell you what Ragnir, why put a spy in, I have a better idea. Uncle is very old and he has no heirs, they have been given House Harkonnen little to no support. Why don't we do one better and you take a small team and overthrow my dear uncle and take up your place as head of House Rabban. Maybe our Swordmaster would like to go along for support? Your choice of course."

Kaluu smiled at them.

--------------------
user posted image
Victor Goss
Posted: Sep 12 2008, 12:53 PM

• Ginaz Swordmaster •
Group Icon

Victor relaxed his grip on his sword after learning this man was the na-Baron of his house. The Swordmaster chuckled to himself at the irony of almost attacking his house's heir. Ever as a Swordmaster part Victor, knew that he probably not walk away from such a fight completely unharmed. Victor gave the na-Baron a respectful nodded. Bowing was something he couldn't stand doing. To Goss when you bow you're bowing to a title. But behind that title is a normal person.

"I will support the attack on House Rabban, if I must. But what advance is there by overthrow House Rabban? He asked the question openly, what was so important to over throw this house that was what Victor was wondering. Basic on what he heard the house Rabban was only guilty of not help Harkonnen and a spy.
But such actions were commonplace these days. First day and Goss was already in a plan to overthrow a house.

--------------------
Ragnir
Posted: Sep 12 2008, 04:15 PM

Na-Baron
Group Icon

Member No.: 35

A servant slips in and hands Ragnir a message. Ragnir looks at the message and his features go stiff. He takes on the pose of weapons master. He turns to Kaluu and hands over a message indicating an assassination attempt on the na-baron's personal aide. "He's already dead, he just doesn't know it." He turns to Victor. "We would be but overthrowing the current head. The waters of his life are not as much as he thinks. As son of Feyd Ruatha, I can claim, and as of now do claim, title of House Rabban." As he speaks, Ragnir's fremen accent become very distinct.

They had attempted to assasinate Nairi... A blood price would be paided. Ragnir knew certain of his allies would gladly help. The question would be getting them on planet without alerting Reina. Either way, House Rabban was going to need a new head soon.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic OptionsPages: (3) [1] 2 3 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0659 seconds · Archive
~ Back to Top ~

.CO.NR Free Domain