Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Arrakis Awakening - A Dune RPG. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Mission Impossible
Auliya
  Posted: Nov 3 2008, 07:03 PM

Hand of God
Group Icon

Group: House Ginaz
Member No.: 22

The Guild Heighliner sat motionless in space, awaiting confirmation from the authorities on Giedi Prime.

"Master Auliya Denali requests permission to land."

Under her current guise, Auliya was posing as a Ginaz ambassador, although this facade was quite close to the truth. She was here, representing House Ginaz, and as such - she was an ambassador of the said house.

The Navigator repeated his request, as Auilya waited boredly on a confirmation from below.

--------------------
user posted image
Herada Harkonnen
Posted: Dec 29 2008, 02:43 PM

Baroness Harkonnen
Group Icon

Group: House Harkonnen
Member No.: 12

Once the Baroness had heard who was waiting in the highliner, she sent a personal message to Auliya.

"The Baroness gives you permission to land, and appologizes for the wait as certian House issues had to be resolved before landing."

The Baroness had allowed some fake gossip to be spread, one that would get to Auliya's ears, about a face dancer that was causing problems within the House and that all incoming and outgoing ships had to be thoroughly checked.

The Baroness proceeded the landing pad herself to see to the arrival of the Ginaz Ambassador.

--------------------
user posted image
Auliya
Posted: Dec 29 2008, 11:07 PM

Hand of God
Group Icon

Auliya was about to re-transmit the message after what felt like an agonizingly long wait - but a sudden transmission coming through on the loudspeakers changed her mind.

"The Baroness gives you permission to land, and appologizes for the wait as certian House issues had to be resolved before landing."

Ah, so it was Herada Harkonnen herself whose voice permeated the communications channel. How interesting, Aulilya thought. Does the Baron lack in proper personnel to welcome visiting dignitaries...or had he put forth his best spy to keep an eye on the comings and goings of Giedi Prime?

In the meantime, she issued a brief reply:

"Your favorable acknowledgment of our presence is appreciated and acknowledged. We are starting our approach, now."

Turning off the comm channel, Auliya proceeded to maneuver out of the heighliner's belly, eyes transfixed upon an unknown point ahead. As the industrialized landscape of the planet below came into view, Auliya felt a soft shudder pass through her, but dismissed it immediately - attributing it to the cool temperature of the cabin.

The story of some Face Dancer causing trouble for House Harkonnen was somewhat unexpected but not unusual. Deceit, afterall, was the legitimate tool of a Face Dancer's calling. But this meant more thorough security checks and undoubtely, the Harkonnens would be watching every newcomer to their planet...like a hawk. Smirking to herself, Auliya noted that the thought was not without its proper dose of irony. For the hawk was an emblem of House Atreides...the sworn enemy of those she was about to meet.

Her family. Her people. Her future.

As the shuttle landed and the boarding ramp lowered, Auliya proceeded through the door, expecting some official to greet her outside. She had not expected Herada herself...but upon confirming that the woman waiting at the landing pad was indeed, the Baroness, she offered a demure smile and a dignified head bow.

"Allow me to introduce myself," she intoned smoothly. "I am Auliya Denali of Ginaz...and I am honored to meet you...Lady Harkonnen."

--------------------
user posted image
Herada Harkonnen
Posted: Dec 29 2008, 11:26 PM

Baroness Harkonnen
Group Icon

"Allow me to introduce myself," she intoned smoothly. "I am Auliya Denali of Ginaz...and I am honored to meet you...Lady Harkonnen."

"The honor is mine....Auliya, what an unusual name, old Fremen for 'Hand of God' if I am not mistaken?" Herada said smiling, Hand of God, is this a portent? The Baroness continued, "The Baron himself usually greets all the ambassadors himself, but affairs of the House have temporarily took him offworld. If you would like to follow me we can find a comfortable place to talk."

As they started out, one began to take note that the air was fresher within the palace grounds and spots of flowers and gentle garden creatures could be spotted, even a large indoor garden stood now in the center of the palace, as a sign that things were different, things were changing.

She called me Lady, not Baroness. Surely she didn't know of Kaluu and I's unique arrangement, no one should know that. Maybe I am just looking too much into it.

"I hope this doesn't concern Victor Goss, he is an excellent swordmaster and exceptional new member of House Harkonnen now." she stated, trying to make small talk. She couldn't fathom what this lovely lady could want.

--------------------
user posted image
Auliya
Posted: Dec 30 2008, 12:21 AM

Hand of God
Group Icon

After they had dispensed with the customary greeting pleasantries, Auliya fell in step beside the Baroness, heading out of the hangar bay and towards what appeared to be, palace grounds. As Herada spoke, Auliya noted that the lady was indeed quite observant and very well versed in the ancient tongues.

"It is true, I bear a Zensunni name," she responded to Herada's observation. "I was born on Arrakis, but spent the majority of my life on Ginaz." She continued, emitting a wistful smile.

"It is a long story, one which I would be happy to share with you sometime....time permitting. But regardless of the circumstances of my birth, I have very little recollection of my heritage. As a child, I grew up on Ginaz, I studied and matured on Ginaz. Ginaz gave me a home, a hope, and a future. I am honored to represent their House here, today." Silver-blue eyes seemed to darken slightly as they continued walking, Auliya's gaze taking in the pleasantly surprising surroundings - not at all what she expected to see on Giedi Prime. Still, she would not allow herself to be distracted by the unforseen. To Harada's comment about the Baron's busy lifestyle, she responded with her usual calm yet firm reassurance.

"I am sure the Baron and I can meet later, at a more mutually convenient time. I am quite delighted to be able to make your acquaintance my Lady, and welcome the opportunity to talk further, if you wish."

Undoubtedly by now, Herada would be at least mildly suspicious of Auliya's motives for being here. Noting the other woman's stiff manner, Auliya wondered whether she had touched a nerve somewhere. She was aware that the Baroness had been a consort to Kaluu - but she had her doubts about the validity of that union. Past heads of House Harkonnen had been known for their perverse appetites that usually ran to members of their own gender....would the Baron be prone to the same inklings that drove his ancestors' lusty passions? Noting Harada's somewhat uneasy demeanor, Auliya assumed that there was much more to this woman and her union with Kaluu - than met the eye. But for the time being, she would continue her discreet observations and try not to elevate the Baroness' suspicions any more than was absolutely unpreventable.

But now the small talk turned to the matter at hand: Auliya's reason for visiting Giedi Prime. "I hope this doesn't concern Victor Goss, he is an excellent swordmaster and exceptional new member of House Harkonnen now."

Auliya's hands moved to clasp behind her back, as the Ambassador's gaze met Harada's own.

"Not at all. I am here purely for the reasons of fostering amicable relations between our two houses...to which end, the House Ginaz hopes to extend to House Harkonnen, an offer...which I hope you will not refuse."

Smiling mysteriously, Auliya extended her hand forward in an inviting gesture. Though she was not the host, she hoped that Herada would pick up on the hint and usher them both into a more secluded place - where the two could talk more...openly.

--------------------
user posted image
Herada Harkonnen
Posted: Dec 30 2008, 12:32 PM

Baroness Harkonnen
Group Icon

"Not at all. I am here purely for the reasons of fostering amicable relations between our two houses...to which end, the House Ginaz hopes to extend to House Harkonnen, an offer...which I hope you will not refuse."

A strange chill went up Herada's back, "A change of venue is in order than."

Originally she had planned to go to the standard visiting room for dignitaries, but the way Auliya talked, it wasn't one for open ears to hear. Herada turned her down a different corridor, down into the private wing of the Harkonnens, normally only family came here, but it was the most private. She took Auliya to a parlor, just adjacent to her own bedroom.

"This is my personal parlor and no one comes here unless ordered too. Next to the Barons own quarters, it is the most private."

Herada made a motion for her guest to take a seat, "Would you like a drink before the servant leaves us? Travelling does leave one weary."

--------------------
user posted image
Auliya
Posted: Dec 30 2008, 08:18 PM

Hand of God
Group Icon

"A change of venue is in order than."

Auliya nodded in silent acknowledgment; the Baroness obliged by leading them both into a private salon. Perfect for holding hidden agenda meetings, Auliya noted absently in her mind. But would they be safe from prying eyes and eager ears...even here?

As if reading the Ginaz Ambassador's mind, Herada reassured her guest of complete privacy. Taking the offered seat, Auliya waited for the hostess to take her ease. In the meantime, the Fremen girl's gaze engaged in a quick, clean sweep of the chamber.

"Would you like a drink before the servant leaves us? Travelling does leave one weary."

Steel grey eyes briefly met Herada's. "A glass of water would be most welcome," she replied with a small smile.

If she did not know better, Auliya would have thought the Baroness was stalling. Then again, perhaps she was just trying to play the part of the gracious hostess? Either way, prolonging the inevitable would soon come to an end.

--------------------
user posted image
Herada Harkonnen
Posted: Dec 31 2008, 07:41 PM

Baroness Harkonnen
Group Icon

As the water was brought and the servant left Herada got the impression that Auliya wanted to get to the point, she just smiled at her and remembered something Kiderra Kengo had said to her.

..."Your Highness, please be careful around this ambassador. Something feels...amiss!"

"So what is it you would like to discuss with House Harkonnen?" the Baroness inquired.

--------------------
user posted image
Auliya
Posted: Jan 1 2009, 10:56 AM

Hand of God
Group Icon

Auliya smiled cryptically as she took a small sip of water before replying.

"As I have said before, my purpose here is...twofold, so to speak. First and foremost, I would like to open diplomatic relations between House Ginaz and House Harkonnen....diplomatic relations, which seem to have cooled off as of late, due to the enormous shifts of power that have occured as the result of Muad'dib's rise to the Golden Throne. The time has come for strong political alliances to form again. Long have we all stood scattered and segregated...far too long."

Auliya noticed that her voice was modulating, producing even more passionate overtones than she had originally intended. Still, it was quite an awesome effect: her face was glowing, eyes blazing fiercely with an unstoppable conviction.

"Surely, you will recognize that a culminating point has been reached in the affairs of the Universe? Where is the Lansraad? Where are the Major Houses? Do they even...matter, anymore? We, Ginaz, have always been independent and took care of our own - but even we failed to protect our planet from the onslaught of the treacherous Moritani.." Her voice seemed to become dull and thick with regret.

"But I am not here to drown in sorrow over the past," she concluded, staring into Herada's eyes. "What I am here to do, is to help change...the future."

If Herada did not understand yet, she would soon.

"We want House Harkonnen consider an alliance with House Ginaz." She concluded, her voice quiet yet firm.

"And...we want House Harkonnen to give some serious thought...to a meeting of all the great Houses...with, or without...the House regnant in attendance."

There. She had said it. Now, if she could only speak with the Baron. One final card...to play...

--------------------
user posted image
Ragnir
Posted: Jan 2 2009, 04:00 PM

Na-Baron
Group Icon

Member No.: 35

Ragnir sighed as he read the note. He passed it on to Nairi and Reina. "Given the situation, lets increase security around here. Right now, I don't think the baron would object if I bring in some personel that I trust. Make the arrangement." Nairi noded and left to make the arrangements while Reina checked the current security arrangments.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image
Carlos Celear
Posted: Jan 2 2009, 04:07 PM

House Celear
Group Icon

Group: House Celear
Member No.: 23

Rumors started to swirl as a House Celear shuttle landed, disembarked several members of the House then left. The delegation headed straight to the main residence, meeting another member on the way. They disappeared before actualy getting to the building. Where they had gone was a question some people wanted answered.

Elsewhere, the team of five members of House Celear positioned themselves to intercept the Baron. They had orders to insure his continued existance til further notice. It was against normal protocals but something had happened to make it to where the leaders of the house had decided they needed the baron to stay alive, at least for now.

--------------------
user posted image

Herada Harkonnen
Posted: Jan 3 2009, 10:32 AM

Baroness Harkonnen
Group Icon

"An alliance? With us?" Herada stated, almost surprised, "Our House isn't one for traditional alliances. I can't imagine what you could want from us. As for going behind the thrones back for a meeting of the Landsraad...."

Herada had only gotten that far when her door slammed open and Kaluu came limping in on a cane.

"We will do nothing of the sort!" yelled Kaluu.

"Baron?" Herada said surprisingly as she stood up. Kaluu didn't look that well, he was pale and visible scars were only just fading and he had a terrible limp. He should have been resting, it was also obvious by his eyes that he had took sapho juice and that always put him in an altered state.

--------------------
user posted image
Auliya
Posted: Jan 5 2009, 08:45 AM

Hand of God
Group Icon

Auliya glanced up at the approaching Baron...he seemed to have difficulty with his mobility. Controlling the urge to emit a bemused smirk, the Ginaz Ambassador drew to her full height and bowed at the limping Head of House Harkonnen.

"Honored to meet face to face, at last - "Auliya said, her voice quiet yet firm.

"I"m Auliya Denali, Ambassador of House Ginaz."

She heard Kaluu's cry of refusal as he entered, but did not make much of it. First impressions were important - to be sure - but this one seemed to be based on impulse of some kind...rather than logic.

Despite the initial mistrust of the Ambassador, Auliya would try to convince them that she was here to help ensure their survival - even if it was to be against their will.

And if they still refused? Then she would have to demonstrate that she could move faster...than any Face Dancer ever did.

Bi-la Kaifa!

--------------------
user posted image
Kaluu Harkonnen
Posted: Jan 6 2009, 05:59 PM

The Siridar Baron
Group Icon

Member No.: 11

"The last time we went against the Atreides it about ended our House," began Kaluu, "if the throne agrees we will go along, if not then we are out of it."

"Baron, you should resting." Herada stated.

"I am afraid ambassador, that being raised by a Bene Gesserit," he grunted and sat down, "you end pushing the limits of your body and during my 'vacation' I pushed a little too hard."

Kaluu called a servant over, "I want you to find out where our dear Ambassador here came from."

He smiled at her, "It will take some time for my servant to find that information, if you came from Ginaz you are safe, if from anywhere else you won't leave this planet alive. In the meantime, please, tell us the second objective of your visit to us."

The Baron was slowly getting in a better mood.

--------------------
user posted image
Auliya
Posted: Jan 6 2009, 07:24 PM

Hand of God
Group Icon

Auliya listened to the Baron with a calm inherent to her noble bearing.

"I was not suggesting anything deceptive, Baron. As you know, Alia would know of any Lansraad meeting - whether she had ordained it - or not. But this is not about that. It's about the necessity of having the Houses come together. If we present a united front, the Throne as you put it - may be inclined to pay more heed to the notion. Staying silent and submissive won't accomplish anything. Unless, of course - you enjoy being under the boot of the house who nearly wiped you out." She smiled lightly. "Stagnation was the game the houses have played for many years now, and has it gotten them anywhere? Bringing forward a legitimate motion in a respectful manner was never a crime under any other Emperor. Since when have all the Great Houses of the Lansraad become obedient puppets of a tyrant many light years away?"

She saw the servant come and go, but the exchange did not alarm her in the least. Auliya knew very well that her arrival here would be suspect and that the Baron would have her investigated thoroughly. It would be interesting to see him try to assassinate the Holy Regent's sister. Ironic - considering that only moments ago, he had refused to take any action that would have been perceived as a threat against House Atreides. But in the meantime, the Baron had asked her a question.

"I am here to offer you my services, Baron." She said, simply.

"To serve as a Swordmaster and Mentat to House Harkonnen. I possess...some unique abilities, which none of your skilled attaches could ever have. I believe you might find them quite useful...although, if you feel that you would rather reject my offer, I am sure there are other places in the Known Universe who could appreciate someone of my singular talents.."

This was no idle boast, either; although even Auliya herself could not be sure the extent of the power she harbored within.

--------------------
user posted image
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0402 seconds · Archive
~ Back to Top ~

.CO.NR Free Domain