InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

welcome

The year is 3574, and Crystal Tokyo is no more than a memory distorted by the all-knowing, subtly-operating White Regime. Life has gone on, and most planets are relatively prosperous. But the White Regime is spying on its people, stifling those who know too much, and doing whatever it takes to remain on top. Will the reawakened senshi be able to overcome unlikely odds, or is it just too late this time around?

Resonance is an advanced forum with an R rating. We still have several canons up for grabs, and made-ups are welcome. So step into the world of Resonance, where the battle of the age is about to begin.

switch

chatter

COTM

votes

affiliates

Oathbound

Bring On the NightRequiem of Geass V.2.

Our code!

Reply New Thread New Poll

A Day of Rest, // Maka
Haiden Osiaan
Posted: Jan 9 2012, 11:22 PM

Unregistered

Thursday, November 3rd, 3571; Mid-Afternoon

Just like on any other day, Haiden had gotten herself out of bed at a perfectly respectable hour - today, that hour happened to be ten in the morning. She was absolutely not one to sleep the whole day away, not when there was so much to do, and when time was so precious.

However, on that particular Thursday morning, there actually wasn't a lot to do. Actually, it was a planned rest day. The day before, Haiden had participated in the senshi's first, intense group sparring practice. Although she was definitely on the upper end of the group, in terms of athletic ability, Maka had certainly given her a run for her money.

And today, she was feeling it. All of her muscles ached, especially her arms, which were not quite as well-conditioned as her legs. Although Haiden preferred to be active as much as possible, and hated sitting around, as an athlete, she understood all too well the importance of rest days.

Besides, there were a variety of quiet-time pursuits that she enjoyed - reading, in particular. Although Haiden was no longer a student, she considered herself a life-long student. She never wanted to stop learning, and as such, read as much as possible; it was her chief rest/down-time activity. The book collection in her current residence was much smaller than the one she had left behind on Uranus, but it was decent, nonetheless.

On this particular day, though, as she read, she found her mind wandering. Not so much that the task was impossible, but at times, she found herself taking mental breaks, and reclining further back into her large, plush blue chair. She kept thinking back to her teammates, going over and over their strengths and weaknesses.

As it turned out, many of them needed a lot of work. Haiden had volunteered her services to Avetea after the practice - although she was obviously not an expert in things senshi-related, she was an athlete. And that had to count for something when it came to whipping these girls into shape.

Because honestly, it was a sad state of affairs, thus far.
Maka Korrzak
Posted: Jan 29 2012, 03:14 PM

Sailor Jupiter
Group Icon

Group: Jovian
Member No.: 69

The bit of group sparring had been a success to say the least. Maka felt reassured of her own strengths, aware of the improvements needed and thrilled of the unity of the senshi. Her body was exhausted, and without surprise she slept like a baby, waking up a bit later than normal during the midmorning.

She rolled out of bed, made it as she did every morning, and entered the kitchen feeling refreshed and satisfied. She poured herself a mug of boiling hot water, adding her typical amount of lemon juice for her morning metabolism boost, and then took a seat at her desk before the paperwork she had partially finished the morning before. With a sigh she set to work, thankfully finding that most of it was complete and only needed to be filed.

It only took her an hour or so to finish the days work, and instead of sit around her apartment, she decided to get out and about, perhaps even pay a visit to the other she had met last night. They all had exchanged information, all deciding it was a good idea to strive to get to know one another.

Of all the others Sailor Uranus had stood out to Maka, providing the most fair contest when it came to training. They both were in great shape and very competent compared to the others. In the long run she knew this would be the peer she would turn to when seeking a challenge during training.

At the end of the training both had been the ones to volunteer their help to the younger less experienced ones. Though her own specific powers needed refining, Maka was clearly skilled in combat. She could reciprocate the training she endured through the Jovian Army, though certainly on a smaller level. Together Maka and Haiden could easily help the others.

And so Maka decided to pay Haiden a visit. She debated trying to pass her thoughts along to the other senshi, but remembering her failed attempts during training, she thought against it. They both lived in Pharaida and a short, rejuvenating walk would be good for her tense muscles in the long run. It was only a few blocks before she found herself standing outside at the address she had been given.

She knocked swiftly, rocking lightly on her toes as she waited, hoping she was not interrupting anything and that Haiden would indeed be there. Perhaps she should have called first or something.

--------------------
user posted image
Haiden Osiaan
Posted: Mar 20 2012, 02:56 PM

Unregistered

A rapid knock at the door drew Haiden out of her reverie, and blue eyes shifted up over the worn edges of her book, faint blonde brows arching slightly in surprise. After all, she had hardly been expecting company. Though she supposed, now, she was in a position to start getting used to it. After all, she was in a company of nine other women (and, reluctantly, of a strange little man), and there was business to attend to.

And friends to be made, of course. There was Michaela, her love. The two of them came and went from one another's apartments as they pleased. There was Ota, who she was growing closer to every day. Really, when it came down to it, Haiden got along with all of them... with the possible exceptions of Khonsu and Raen.

Khonsu she was still bitter at over the whole nearly-allowing-her-to-die-in-his-place debacle. And Raen, well... She didn't hate Raen. Actually, she didn't really even dislike her. The girl was just hard to talk to, closed off and potentially terrified as she was. That problem seemed rectifiable, though it would obviously take some time.

With a soft groan, she pulled herself up out of her chair, finding that the prolonged sitting had actually made her stiff. Apparently, her guest had arrived just in time to give her muscles a proper work out. For that, she would have to thank whoever the unexpected visitor was.

The Uranian swung open the door to reveal a familiar Jovian, and she grinned immediately. Though they had not gotten a chance to really communicate much yet, Haiden knew they were going to get along fabulously. After all, effectively beating the shit out of one another in a relative fair competition was a bonding experience... right?

"Hey there, Maka! Come on in," she greeted, opening the door a little wider and stepping past, so the Amazonian woman could come through. "I wasn't expecting you. How're you doing?"
Maka Korrzak
Posted: Apr 3 2012, 10:16 AM

Sailor Jupiter
Group Icon

It never dawned on Maka that she may be violating societal’s laws of social graces, that one does not just show up unannounced to another’s house, even if that of a friend. However Maka was Jovian, and though ignorance was no excuse, she was far more used to sudden trips and surprise visitors. Hopefully of all the senshi sisters Haiden would not mind.

Maka greeted Haiden with a grin as well, thankful to see that she was not upset at her random drop in. She gave a friendly hello and a little wave as she stepped inside the apartment, taking in the place with attempted subtleness. Whether or not the giant female could be subtle was another question.

I brought fresh squeezed juice!” Maka held up the plastic container full of pastel, citrus liquid. She had made it herself this morning, putting good use to her new juice. Fruit juice was a good way to revamp the body, wasn’t it? Hell, Maka didn’t even know if Haiden liked citrus fruits, but it was worth a shot. At least it was some form of friendliness to help excuse her sudden appearance on her new friend’s doorstep.

It was clear Maka was not very good at this whole becoming-good-friends thing. Back on Jupiter Nier was really her only close acquaintance, as close as a co-worker could actually be. Work had completely consumed her life, leaving little time for actual social interaction. Now in a new world, a new life and a new set of circumstances, she was driven to improve her social skills, and make sure to get close to those she had once been close to in her many past lives.

Yea, hope you don’t mind I dropped in!” Maka placed the juice on what looked to be a kitchen table before turning back to Haiden. “Yesterday kicked my ass. Thought I was going to be fine, with all the training I’m used to y’know, but what a surprised,” She shook her head and chuckled, letting out an exhausted sigh. “What about you? How are you feeling?

--------------------
user posted image
Haiden Osiaan
Posted: Apr 3 2012, 04:34 PM

Unregistered

Fortunately for Maka, Haiden wasn't one for pomp and circumstance, anyway. In case the other woman couldn't tell, she was extremely informal, to the point where, on rare occasions, she inadvertently stepped on toes with her too cool attitude. For the most part, though, she could pull together the proper social decorum when necessary. She just didn't mind when others couldn't.

The living area that she welcomed Maka into was crisp and clean. Elegant, even. Not overly-decorated with too much fancyness, but very classy nevertheless. In that moment, she mused inwardly, it was probably a good thing that she had vaulted ceilings. The spacious architecture, which reminded her of home, would probably be very comfortable for the statuesque Maka.

Haiden blinked back at her, but then smiled warmly. "Well, that'll be great for us, won't it? Thank you!" Lithe fingers glided around the white plastic of the container, and she waved a hand, motioning for the Jovian to follow her into the kitchen, which was just a short walk to the right of the entrance.

Setting the container down on her marbled island, she reached into the cupboards, grabbing two glasses. They made a small clink as she set them down, and unscrewed the cap on the container. A small flow of orangey goodness toppled into the glasses, which she filled three quarters of the way.

Handing one glass to Maka, she held hers up for a bit of a 'cheers' moment. "Yeah, no, my door's always open. So now you know!" She took a generous gulp of her own serving, enjoying the way the fresh citrus cooled her mouth, her head, and then her throat.

"Well, let's just say, we're more prepared than some of the others," she added with a grin. Though perhaps that wasn't something she should've been grinning about at all, proud or not.
Maka Korrzak
Posted: Apr 14 2012, 02:57 PM

Sailor Jupiter
Group Icon

Maka happily took the glass of her fresh squeezed juice, eagerly sipping the cool and refreshing liquid. It felt good against her throat and even better knowing it would help her body’s speedy recovery, not to mention the extra tidbit of protein she had thrown in there would be even better for their hard worked muscles.

Well good, glad to know I was not intruding in anyway. Figured it was going to be a fun challenge adjusting to everyone’s different cultural backgrounds,” That was a very true statement. Each of them, obviously, were from different planets, and already Maka had seen tastes of different behaviors based on these varying circumstances. The first of it she had noticed was Amina’s unsurprisingly luxurious apartment, the way Raen had been a bit standoffish and reclusive and Amalia’s timid, hesitant behavior.

Instantly Maka had seemed to click with Haiden, even after both of them handing their asses to each other a few times. The pair were two of the more down to Earth ones, not to mention their evenly matched skills added to their compatibility. Maka wondered if they had been close in their past lives, as not all of her memories had been clear yet.

We certainly all,” Maka chuckled softly, shaking her head. “But good thing they have us! It’ll be fun to help them out, to see them hone in all their skill. It’s in there somewhere, I’m sure. Just need to tap into their inner senshi selves, I s’pose.

After taking another sip, Maka decided that was enough talk about the group training, and after a few more glances around the place, she turned her eyes back to Haiden with curiosity, “So, when did you come to Earth?” She asked, thinking momentarily about Uranus. She knew a good bit about the planet, especially since a lot of her mother’s side of the family had lived there.

--------------------
user posted image
Haiden Osiaan
Posted: May 7 2012, 01:06 AM

Unregistered

Haiden slid into a chair at the island in her kitchen, giving her muscles a brief rest from idle standing as she sipped her juice. Although she was laid-back almost to the point of being lazy in some departments, she was always sure to prepare quality food and protein shakes and what not for herself, because, if nothing else, she understood the importance of taking care of her body. Apparently, the same was true for Maka. It seemed they were also going to default to team trainers, both in the supply of advice, and in the supply of proper nutrition.

Honestly, some of them were pretty soft. None of them were especially chubby by any means, but she could tell at a glance that a few of them didn't have an ounce of muscle to speak of. That simply wouldn't do.

Up until that point, Haiden hadn't thought about about adjusting to cultural differences. She supposed it was about to become relevant. It was just that Uranians were so ridiculously open that one simply couldn't offend their culture, or whatever... at least not without some serious effort.

Haiden was good with people, though, so she was confident that she'd find a way to befriend each of them - even Raen, who, upon first impression, seemed aggressively standoffish.

The Uranian chuckled. "Yeah, I guess, though for some of them, it's buried a little deeper than others," she concluded, shaking her head lightly. "Ushriya seems to be particularly soft, though if memory serves me correctly, it has always been this way with her, in the beginning."

Haiden had vague memories of a time in the previous life during which she had underestimated Usagi. It wasn't a mistake she intended to make again.

"Oh, about two years ago. I had been racing professionally on Uranus since I was eighteen, but I wanted to try out a new circuit. How about yourself?"
Maka Korrzak
Posted: May 20 2012, 06:52 PM

Sailor Jupiter
Group Icon

Maka did not follow the suit and take a seat, instead leaning on the counter with much of her weight in her form arms. It perhaps looked to be a bit awkward of a position, her tall frame leaning over a good deal to reach the smooth countertop. Maka was beyond used to strange positions to get comfortable--story of her life.

She nodded a few times in response to conversation, drinking her cool juice as Haiden spoke, gulping it down in large sips. She set the glass back down on the counter, her long finger idly running around the lip of the cup as she listened, eyes politely on her new, Uranian friend the entire time.

Yes, soft is one way of describing her,” Maka chuckled dryly. “But all she needs is time, as usual.” Just like it always had been before and would most certainly continue, their princess always took a little longer to warm up to her strength, but always she had something immense to show in the end.

Professional racing, it sounded fascinating, which was clear by the way her mouth with slightly ajar in reaction. Of course she had known this previous of Haiden, but had forgotten the extent of her racing. “That’s so cool!” She gushed with a bright grin. “My family owned a lot of race horses on Uranus, but I’ve never actually been there or witnessed any sort of racing. Especially not motor vehicles,” She paused, pondering her lack of exposure to that sort of sport.

Are the circuits here... good?” Maka was not sure how to phrase the question, her only meager knowledge about that scene very clear, but she was still greatly curious.

Maka took another sip of her juice before providing her response, finishing off the glass but delaying pouring herself more. “Just a few months ago, actually.” She confessed with a bit of a shrug. “As a Lieutenant in the Jovian Army, I work under the commander heading the Martian Relocation Programme. When he was asked to move to Earth, I was requested to accompany him, so I thought, why not?” Again she gave a brief shrug.

--------------------
user posted image
Haiden Osiaan
Posted: May 20 2012, 09:38 PM

Unregistered

Images of previous incarnations of their princess floated to the forefront of her mind. In the beginning, she'd always been soft and delicate. Even whiny at times. Haruka in particular had been annoyed by Usagi's ramblings and nonsense, in the beginning. But her greatest gift had always been her capacity to love others. And in that, she found strength.

Not that the other senshi weren't loving; Maka already seemed like a big ol' softie on the inside. But the good thing about that was that she was nothing short of tough on the outside. Her size was intimidating to begin with, but when you added in her extensive training, and her colossal Jovain strength... well, Haiden was happy to have her on the team.

"Oh, yeah. There's a bit of horse racing on Uranus, but it's less of a thing. A lot of foreigners prefer doing that sort of thing on Uranus, where there's more open land, but it's not much of a national sport." That was sort of a Neptunian thing, though... she couldn't help but wonder why Jovians wouldn't simply horseback ride on their own planet which, as she understood it, was covered with an eternity of rolling green.

The blonde waggled her hand, shrugging. "It's alright. I mean, I prefer the tracks on Uranus, but I wanted to establish myself in the international racing community, so you gotta travel to make a name for yourself. And, as it turns out, I think my destiny was somehow calling me here, though I hardly knew it at the time." It hadn't been just the racing that had attracted her to Earth, in the end. There was something else, something she hadn't been able to identify at the time.

She supposed she knew what it was now, though.

"So how do you feel, working in the Jovian army? You know, I mean, now that..." Well, now that it was apparent that she was working for dickbag overlords and all.
Maka Korrzak
Posted: May 29 2012, 11:43 AM

Sailor Jupiter
Group Icon

Maka was certainly the friendly sort, though toughened internally by the chain of events that had shaped her life. She had lost her parents, gotten in fights in school and seen unimaginably painful things on Mars. Despite the roller coaster of a past, she had always strived to be a genuine person, always nice until someone crossed her. Fiercely loyal and maternal, she could turn on a dime for her sake and the sake of those she cared about.

She nodded along with the conversation, recalling back to the way her family talked about the horses they owned. She always pictured the animals as pets when she was little, but they always seemed to discuss them as nothing more than business propositions. Maka had only ridden a horse once or twice in her lifetime, and her long limbs had made it quite difficult and uncomfortable.

Funny how we all ended up here, isn’t it?” She mused, the notion of fate and destiny consuming her mind. She always dismissed the notion of chance, constantly believing everything happened for a reason, and clearly all of them for some reason or another moving to Earth had purpose. They were brought together by some greater force, whatever that may be.

Maka had certainly felt compelled to follow through with the move when Nier had mentioned it to her. At the time she had not been sure why, sometimes thinking it was even her hidden attraction to her commander that brought her to the decision, the desire to stay by his side. It seemed embarrassing now that she had once pictured that as a possibility.

Sighing lightly, she nodded solemnly. It was hard to talk about the Jovian Army now, especially knowing what she did now. They were the bad guys, and unfortunately she now had to include Nier into the category. She wondered if he even knew what was at the root of it all.

It certainly has... complicated things,” She answered slowly, choosing her word choice carefully. “But thankfully this gives me some insider information, y’know. And some access to resources I wouldn’t have otherwise. Maybe I can turn it into something useful,” She finished with a complacent shrug, but was soon consumed with a mischievous smirk.

Wouldn’t it be sweet if I could end up using them for our own good?

--------------------
user posted image
Haiden Osiaan
Posted: May 29 2012, 11:57 AM

Unregistered

Honestly, Haiden wondered how so many of her new senshi friends had remained whole, as people. She had thought that dealing with a mother who didn't love her over a part of who she was had been difficult enough. It was a wound that time healed, but it had been hard, as a young girl.

It was a world away from those who dealt with... well, Mars in any capacity, the Jovian army, and more. Haiden had never seen slavery before, not with her own eyes, though she had always known it existed. How had they gone on for so long, being exposed to all of it at such tender ages?

But she supposed they all had one thing in common, besides the obvious being-super-heroines-destined-to-save-the-world thing - they had all been pulled here by the strings of destiny, it seemed. One by one, they'd filtered in, as though preparing to accept a life they didn't even know was waiting for them.

"Oh, absolutely. I wouldn't even expect you to quit now. You're our biggest link to the Regime's internal movement." Which, okay, sounded like a lot. Haiden wuold've shouldered some of that burden, if she could, but that was obviously impossible, as she was Uranian. "I'm sure you'll find a way."

There was more to Maka than met the eye, it seemed. Although she was very tall, and clearly well-built, she had an essence of friendliness about her, such that, despite her size and shape, one would not immediately make her out to be something dangerous.

And yet, she was cunning, in her own way. Haiden liked that about her, she decided. The other woman was efficient and intelligent, without necessarily being cut-throat and angry.

Perhaps they had more in common yet than she had originally thought.
Maka Korrzak
Posted: Jun 18 2012, 04:06 PM

Sailor Jupiter
Group Icon

Maka's bright smile betrayed none of her past hardships she had experienced. However she felt that many had stories far worse than hers. She was fortunate to always be a strong person, battling through every situation the best she could. Sometimes she faced consequences because of her rash reactions, like many times she had been sent him from school with notes from teachers, but overall it had shaped into what she hoped was an admirable woman.

With a scheming glint to her eye, Maka grinned broadly. She did feel mischievous at times knowing she was using her work to help their good cause. At time she felt like a bit of a spy, and perhaps she was. Though of course it had complicated things at her work place, at times providing a personal struggle over whether or not she had been a bad guy all these years.

Then again, her department was a positive one. They were helping the otherwise helpless children in Mars, giving them possibility of life on a different planet, albeit a short one because of their twisted fates. Maka could also recall many times she found herself frustrated with the upper echelons of the White Regime, wondering if they really even cared for the people of Mars as they sometimes deterred Nier and Maka from helping as many as possible.

Sadly she wondered if she would ever be able to betray Nier. He was not the bad guy, she knew it. He had such a loving heart, something she had always admired of her boss, whether it was in terms of his young daughter or the children he was relocating. Hopefully none of her actions would sever their relationship, whatever that may be.

"Well, I've probably taken up too much of your time," Maka chuckled lightly, rising from her leaning position on the counter. Standing back at her full height now, she surveyed Haiden with a smile, deciding that they would most certainly be close friends. Hell, Maka would have liked her even if they had not been brought together by this fate. "I better get to doing some work anyway, but see you around?" With that, Maka began to retreat to the door.

--------------------
user posted image
Haiden Osiaan
Posted: Jun 18 2012, 04:51 PM

Unregistered

Maybe that was going to be the thing that made them strong, the two of them - whatever they had been through, they recovered fast. They were resilient. Unbroken. She had a feeling that the others were going to have to learn to do the same, whether it was fair or not. She didn't judge some of them, for being the way they were. But things were going to have to change.

Maka had the right idea. She was taking something that was probably very confusing and potentially hurtful for her - her work within the Jovian army - and turning it into something useful, something they could use in their fight against the enemy. Haiden had to admire that.

Haiden rose as her guest straightened up, offering her a smile. "No, not at all. I'm glad you came by. And it's good to see we're both healing up well from the fight!" After all, they had each taken something of a beating. But noting too severe; fortunately, their strength levels had been well-matched, leaving them with only mild abrasions.

She was glad that Maka had come by, truly glad. They would be friends, she decided. And not just because Haiden was the approachable sort that could befriend nearly anyone, but because they actually had things in common, because they were compatible in a sense.

The Uranian respected that she was strong and self-sufficient, while at the same time, friendly and kind. She knew from experience that that was not an easy combination to come by.

"Thanks for the juice," she added with a grin. "See you soon!"
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.

Topic Options Reply New Thread New Poll

JEALOUSY by LORREIGN of RPGD

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1657 seconds | Archive