The Laws of the Land
First and most important, this is an adult board. If you are offended by the use of certain colorful language, or personal situations, then please leave. We tell adult stories with adult themes.
Now on to the rules:
1. Do not control other people's characters in your roleplays without permission.
2. Do not god-mode
3. If you want to play a main character, you need to ask permission. Most of the book characters are played by 'Professional' gamers.
4. Don't advertise
5. Don't whine because Snape is picking on you. It's his character
6. Don't have a huge avatar or sig. I'll leave it to your common sense to decide what "huge" is
7. When a teacher sets you an assignment or homework, you don't ACTUALLY have to do it, you could simply write " hands in his homework, he rushed it in some places, and it isn't very neat, but on the whole it is a good essay" BUT teachers may give house points to you if you really do it.
8. Don't whine at teachers OOC to give you house points
9. Don't whine at teachers OOC when they take house points away
10. Stay in character! If you're Professor Snape for example, act like Professor Snape, don't run around in pink robes being nice to everyone
11. Use your common sense, don't sneak out of Hogwarts to go to the Leaky Cauldron. The Leaky Cauldron is in London, which is a full days train ride away from Hogwarts, don't just arrive there 5 minutes later.
12. Don't even THINK of playing Quidditch unless you've read the rules first
13. Don't harrass other users (unless they deserve it )
14. Don't automatically know things that your character wouldnt.
(part 1) For example, your character wouldnt just "stumble upon" the room of requirement or the secret entrances to the kitchens. The method to get to those places is very specific and complicated. You should learn it from someone else, a house elf or another student who already knows, or by following a teacher. Use your imagination.
(part 2) Also, if your character wasn't there when a character said something to another character, then they wouldnt know what was said. Just as if they weren't there when an event happened, they wouldn't know all the details of the event, only the aftermath.
15. Register before you start posting
16. Register with proper names like "Neil Grey" or "Bob Parker" and NOT aliases such as "fire69" or "deathboy"
17. You may register as more than one character, but NOT more than one teacher
18. If you register as a student, the first thing you must do is to get sorted, then you will be sent your common room password, and you'll be free to post
19. Students cannot be death eaters
20. Don't change the font size in your text
21. Don't use font colours that are hard to see
22. Use good grammar in your roleplays, i don't want to see you use "da" instead of "the" or "2" instead of "to". This rule goes for all forums except the general area.
23. If you want to register as a teacher, ask the Headmistress in Private mail
24. Don't have stupid avatars. Try to have something that links into your character, like a picture of your character. We don't want to see any Manchester United or Hulk Hogan avatars...
25. We reserve the right to edit your posts, edit your profile and even delete and ban you if we feel the need.
26. Teachers cannot take away house points if pupils OOC fail to do homework, if they do IC, then its another story, but people have personal lives to consider and we understand they they dont want to waste their time doing online homework
27. If you're a teacher, and you're crap at it, you may be replaced at any time if we find someone better, the same goes for ministers and ministry workers
28. Don't use smilies when you're posting IC
29. Don't even THINK of having any name that ends in: Potter, Weasley, Malfoy etc etc. We're trying to make a more or less original game here. Most of the original characters are being played by people who can pull off their characters.
30. Roleplays should be written in the 3rd person
31. Teachers, don't dismiss people from your class or disallow students unless its part of a storyline.
32. All pupils are at lessons by default, even if they don't post, unless they say otherwise
33. All subjects are taught to all pupils unless stated otherwise