Photobucket

Create a free forum in seconds.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Wii Are Nintendo. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

WAN News Board
Breaking Nintendo News

==Weekly Nintendo News==

[News]==Super Smash Bros. Brawl is Delayed Until Sunday, March 9th, 2008==

[Virtual Console Release this Week (Feb. 25th)]==Kirby 64:The Crystal Shards (N64 / 1,000 Wii Points), Psychosis (TG-16 / 600 Wii Points), xxx (xxx / 0000 Wii Points),==

[SSBB Updates for the Week (xxx. 00 - xxx. 00)]==The Dojo Now Contains Spoilers So I Will Not Post About Brawl Until It's North American Release.==

[This Month's Wii/DS Releases (March)]==Wii==Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Bully: Scholariship Edition, The House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return, Okami, Worms: A Space Oddity, Opoona, & Obscure: The Aftermath==DS==Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring Of Fates, Nanostray 2, Insecticide, Pro Evolution Soccer 2008, Lost In Blue 3, SEGA Superstars Tennis, Harvest Moon DS Cute, & Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword==

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting--Welcome to Wii_Are_Nintendo. Here you can find the latest Nintendo News, & share your opinions about Nintendo. You can share Wi-Fi codes for Wii & DS Games & exchange Wii Numbers.--http://z3.invisionfree.com/Wii_Are_NintendoPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Dragonball Z: Supersonic Warriors 2 Review
SaiyanRoconer
Posted: Jun 10 2006, 05:20 PM

Super Saiyan Admin

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

This review took time & I hope you enjoy it. Pics will come in another thread. Ask questions after you have read the review or ask the question & I will tell you where to look.

Dragonball Z: Supersonic Warriors 2
user posted image
Published by: Atari
Developed by: Banpresto
Genre: Action
Release Date:
US: November 17, 2005
Japan: December 1, 2005

user posted image
ESRB Content Descriptors: Cartoon Violence

1. Intro.
Dragonball Z is an Anime about Goku & how he always manages to defeat whatever evil comes to Earth.

2. About The Game.
Dragonball Z: Supersonic Warriors 2 The entire series of DBZ. I also has contents from some of the DBZ Movies. It contains Sagas Evil Androids, Cell, & Majin Buu. The game just about all the characters from the Sagas I named & appearences from movie characters. Some of the characters are Goku (also in SS form), Gohan(also in SS2 form), Adult Gohan, Krillin, Vegeta(also in SS form), Gotenks(also in SS3 form), Cell form 2(also in Form 3), & Majin Buu(also in Super Buu form). The game has Goku & Super Saiyan Goku as two different forms because one will be stronger than the other & each represent a different side of Goku & I will talk about that later in the gameplay section.

3. Rating.
Presentation-10
Very Basic & Easy Navigation menus. It's not flashy & complicated. It's simple & easy getting through.

Graphics-9
This deserves a 9 because it more than a 2-D fighter. The Special attacks in this game are executed percectly. The only Special move that looks pixelated is Goku's Super Spirit bomb because it takes up half the screen. All the attack & Ultimate Specials look amazing & no glitching from what I see. Also the environments in the game looks amazing.

Sound-9.5
The sound of this game deserves an award for how clear the voices are. Yes they talk in this game. Not much but they say thier attack name & in the beginning & end of the match they say something. They also yell when they kick & punch. Goku says Kamehameha & says certain things depending on oppenent.

GamePlay/Multiplayer-8.5

In Supersonic Warriors 2 all the DBZ characters have a Normaal for & a second form representing different verion of the characters. Ex. Goku is one character & SS Goku is another. Gohan then there SS2 Gohan also Adult Gohan is in the game.

SuperSonic Warriors has a Dragon Power system for it's fighters. If you Goku is DP1 (Dragon Power) & Gohan has DP1 then total Dragon Power is 2 but at the beginning of the game you have a limited amount of DP. You have to play though modes of the game to get more DP.

The game also has a 3 man tag type gameplay for all modes. In story it depends on what part of the story you are on for partners. All you have to do is tap which character you want to choose but this requires 20 EP(Energy Points which displayed @ the bottom left if you are doing single player).

This game adds more fun to it by allowing you to execute 2 & 3 man team attacks & allowing support. If you play a match as Goku & Gohan(Adult) they can do a team Kamehameha to inflict more damage & possibly K.O. the oppenent but this requires the Max 200 EP. Support can be usefull because it allows the extra charatcers for support to help you out by healing, attacking & pull off team attcks. Some examples of support characters & thier team attacks are Zarobon & Dodoria(same) have a team attack with Frieza. Dende heals you but has no team attack. Adround 16 & 17 have a double attack with Android 18. There a limited amount to using support but can be raised up a little bit once you play through the game.

Last thing. there section of the game sora like a command list for eah characters that let's you know how to execute each attack that you unlock in story mode.

The game has 6 Modes

VS. Battle-I haven't experience Multiplayer yet.

Practice/Tutorial-Teaches you the controls, How to transform, how to use energy attacks & how to execute normal energy attacks & special energy attcks.

Story-Keeps you going for a long time. It gives you a story line for each character in the game & this also helps unlock more characters & more attacks for you characters.

Z-Battle-Lets you play against a set amount of fighters to see if you can defeat them.

Maximun mode-Contains Novie lvl,Hard lvl, & Manis lvl. This mode tests your skill to see if you have what it takes to defeat hard computer fighters.

Free Battle-This mode lets you try out what skills you've got against the computer.

4. Personal Thoughs
As a DBZ fan I am satisfied with what this game offers & how it all comes together.

5. Closing Arguments about The Game.
Overall I think this game is a must buy for any DBZ Fan like myself. It stars most fan favorite characters. This game but be no better unless it could be in full 3-D but I having it in 2-D doesn't make it bad.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
SaiyanRoconer
Posted: Jun 10 2006, 05:49 PM

Super Saiyan Admin

Pics-Don't judge the game based on these pics because in motion the game looks excellent.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
nyfan38
Posted: Jun 10 2006, 06:38 PM

Djinni

Group: Global Mod
Member No.: 33

well im not a big dragon ball z fan, but i must say this game looks cool because the grahpics are well done.............................

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
that was all GEN_DREDD (which took no skill lol) thanks ALEX

:toad:

SFC: 677-940-079-743 GenMeyer
MPH: 2534-8047-7674 C.MEyeR
TETRIS: 576-475-982-894 C.MEyeR
MKDS: 519-764-513-695 C.MEyeR
ACWW: 3136-0620-3695 Colby Pooville
SaiyanRoconer
Posted: Jun 10 2006, 07:22 PM

Super Saiyan Admin

Here a video from E3 05' I uploaded to youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eybuWmhJW3o

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
STLMARIOFAN08
Posted: Jun 11 2006, 12:16 PM

Goomba

Group: Members
Member No.: 104

hey im get that dbz game it good vegeta-s.gif
YoWorstNightmare
Posted: Jun 11 2006, 12:18 PM

F-zero Pilot

Member No.: 7

I've played the first one, and I played this one too, for a bit. What I did not like about the game is that it did not use enough DS capabilities.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
STLMARIOFAN08
Posted: Jun 11 2006, 12:32 PM

Goomba

Member No.: 104

vegeta-s.gif vegeta-s.gif vegeta-s.gif vegeta-s.gif vegeta-s.gif vegeta-s.gif YoshiBounce.gif
Butters
Posted: Jun 11 2006, 07:26 PM

The Dude

Member No.: 12

QUOTE (STLMARIOFAN08 @ Jun 11 2006, 12:32 PM)
vegeta-s.gif vegeta-s.gif vegeta-s.gif vegeta-s.gif vegeta-s.gif vegeta-s.gif YoshiBounce.gif

Yeah... next time please try to write something. And as for the game, u... sounds and looks cool. If I do get the chance to play it awesome, but as for buying it... I don't think so. happy.gif
Scotty
Posted: Jun 11 2006, 07:51 PM

Chain Chomp

Member No.: 39

Should I get this or tenkaiechi? I'm going to eb tomrrow so I need to know today

--------------------
user posted image
SaiyanRoconer
Posted: Jun 21 2006, 11:23 AM

Super Saiyan Admin

I have a sound file for the game & if you want to hear how good this game sounds message me & I'll send the file to you. I'm making more.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
Gen_Dredd
Posted: Jun 21 2006, 12:34 PM

WAN's MPH Champion!

Member No.: 64

This Game ROCKS! Great Review! The game has soo much replay value. JUST A GREAT FIGHTER! u put the review perfectly. nice job punk.gif Gogeta_01.gif

--------------------
SaiyanRoconer
Posted: Jun 21 2006, 12:44 PM

Super Saiyan Admin

QUOTE (Gen_Dredd @ Jun 21 2006, 12:34 PM)
This Game ROCKS! Great Review! The game has soo much replay value. JUST A GREAT FIGHTER! u put the review perfectly. nice job punk.gif Gogeta_01.gif

Thank You G_D for the comment. Fusion_01.gif Buu_06.gif GohanSSJ1_03.gif Dragonball Z is the best Series Ever.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
Gen_Dredd
Posted: Jun 22 2006, 12:18 PM

WAN's MPH Champion!

Member No.: 64

well this is a good review and an AWESOME GAME! and yes it is the best series ever! Fusion_01.gif

--------------------
Sleep Question
Posted: Jun 22 2006, 09:58 PM

Goomba

Member No.: 116

Nice review! I may pick this game up now thinking about it! ^_^ But would kid buu be a playable character by any chance?

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
\\....//\\....//..O...O................Join the Revolution.
..\\//....\\//....||...||....................Together, Wii can change the world.
SaiyanRoconer
Posted: Jun 22 2006, 10:01 PM

Super Saiyan Admin

QUOTE (Sleep Question @ Jun 22 2006, 09:58 PM)
Nice review! I may pick this game up now thinking about it! ^_^ But would kid buu be a playable character by any chance?

Sadly no. but all the other characters are great plus the Team Attacks & the Ultimate attacks should be enough to persuade you into buying it. lol. The Look of this game is amazing. look @ the video I uploaded to yuotube.com

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
LIL'GREENLINK
Posted: Jul 20 2006, 07:34 PM

Killer Bees

Member No.: 142

Thanks for the review. The game looks great. I might get it.

--------------------
AcwwFan
Posted: Jul 21 2006, 08:42 AM

YAY ME!

Member No.: 148

I am not a biggy on Dbz but the game looks totally awesome.
happy.gif

--------------------
user posted image

SaiyanRoconer
Posted: Aug 7 2006, 01:55 PM

Super Saiyan Admin

To further convince all of you this is a good game I recoreded myself playing. I hope you like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZcabhF5wNQ

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Back to Top ^^^

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.7764 seconds | Archive
Affliates

UNDER CONSTRUCTION