Photobucket

Welcome to Way Of the Shinobi. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

On Posting
Isamu
Posted: Mar 3 2011, 10:40 PM

[Insert witty comment here]

Group: Creators
Member No.: 85

I suggested this, and Kayou agreed. All posts in a fight, mission, or other form of Role Play on this sight must be AT LEAST one (1) Paragraph. Minimum of four (4) sentences.
xxShonixXX
Posted: Mar 3 2011, 11:24 PM

Ghetto delicious

Member No.: 99

that's a very sexy rule : D I agree
Reissy
Posted: Mar 5 2011, 06:38 PM

Unregistered

Um.. I dissagree?
I think in some circumstances it would be extremely hard to manage to make a paragraph out little reason. What I mean is, during a conversation between two characters, writing a paragraph would be like you character raging on without the other allowing an input? You know what I mean
T3RR0R
Posted: Mar 5 2011, 06:46 PM

Over the top on Experience

Group: Creator Assistant
Member No.: 332

I agree with reissy trying to write a paragraph in responce to a "Who are you?" question would be weird indeed.
Reissy
Posted: Mar 5 2011, 06:48 PM

Unregistered

QUOTE (T3RR0R @ Mar 5 2011, 11:46 PM)
I agree with reissy trying to write a paragraph in responce to a "Who are you?" question would be weird indeed.

What an accurate example.
Isamu
Posted: Mar 5 2011, 10:49 PM

But there wouldn't be a "who are you?" post with this rule. I already discussed it with Kayou, he told me to make it official some time ago, I just now got around to it. This is a role playing site. Be creative people.
T3RR0R
Posted: Mar 6 2011, 05:47 AM

As jake walked through the forest at midnight he was surrounded by fog, and what little light their was came from the moonlight hitting the leaves of the trees above creating what appeared to be little stars on the ground. Suddenly Jake heard a rustle and looked up from the ground to see a man with a black cloak standing not 10 meters away from him. His face covered in shadow, Jake didnt know who this man was so in order to get a response he shouted at the man "Who are you and what do you want?"

in reply to that not much can be said since Jake already laid out the enviorment there is no sence in repeating it again so the easiest thing to do would be this

The new figure in the forest walked forward into the light that shined through the trees and revealed his face saying "I am Zero and I order you to follow me."

there is no point im making the reply more than 1-2 sentences long since everything you need to know about the enviroment was already said. And there is only some may thing that can be done by one person as they tell you who you are.

If I have to write a paragraph EVERY time I want to post then I can see that getting annoying very quickly. I left writing like that at school I dont intend to start doing it again now to be able to rp here.
Isamu
Posted: Mar 6 2011, 11:55 AM

Other sites im on use this method and it works very well. Maybe we'll work with it, give it some exceptions. But (even though Im also guilty of this here) its really annoying to have 30+ posts one sentence long in a row. Its just lazy and uncreative. I wanted to get rid of that, and this is what I came up with.
Reissy
Posted: Mar 6 2011, 02:26 PM

Unregistered

The conversations, well, the posts would seem to drag on longer that a normal conversation would, reaction time I mean. Your character would have to either answer/reply then do something unnessecary for a few sentances, or the other way round. It will not work.
T3RR0R
Posted: Mar 6 2011, 04:05 PM

Yeah nothing is wrong with the way we do things now. I would suggest leaving it as it is since it has done no harm so far.
Isamu
Posted: Mar 7 2011, 02:50 PM

Its not as unreasonable as you guys make it sound. in fact, its the 'norm' for many many rp sites. at least the ones ive been to. Our way is flawed. like I said, the one sentence posts are just ridiculous.
hyuugafan
Posted: Mar 7 2011, 03:39 PM

When the rich wage war, its the poor who dies

Member No.: 41

I like the idea of getting longer posts. There is always an exception to any rule, so the main point is to try your best to make the post of decent length. Always aim for a paragraph!

--------------------
user posted image

Creator -|- Creator Assistant -|- Administrators -|- Moderators -|- Members -|- Punisher -|- -

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0278 seconds · Archive

Get your own Chat Box! Go Large!