InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to UnReal World forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
If you are a new visitor click register at top left corner to create an account and join in at UnReal World forums.

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

UnReal World RPG homepage

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Native Linux Versions - 3.14-beta Builds/20th-mar+, download links in this thread
Sami Maaranen
Posted: Mar 20 2012, 05:07 AM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

New Linux builds are available. All the reported crashings have been fixed, so we are very close to final release - unless you prove me wrong.
Here we go:

Fixed issues in these builds:
- crafting/building/cookery crashes
- doubled item listing in some crafting menus

IMPORTANT:
Please remove previous native linux versions you might have, and make a competely fresh install.

REPORTING:
You can report any issues in this thread or by e-mail - always mention your distribution. Report not only bugs you may find, but also if you find the game stable.

Downloads:

Ubuntu 10.04 LTS/Linux Mint 11
http://material.lahnarecords.fi/urw/linux/...eta2-1_i386.deb
http://material.lahnarecords.fi/urw/linux/...ta2-1_amd64.deb

Ubuntu 11.10/Linux Mint 12
http://material.lahnarecords.fi/urw/linux/...eta2-1_i386.deb
http://material.lahnarecords.fi/urw/linux/...ta2-1_amd64.deb

openSUSE 12.1/11.4
http://material.lahnarecords.fi/urw/linux/...se1210.i586.rpm
http://material.lahnarecords.fi/urw/linux/...se1140.i586.rpm

Fedora 16
http://material.lahnarecords.fi/urw/linux/...1.fc16.i686.rpm
http://material.lahnarecords.fi/urw/linux/...fc16.x86_64.rpm

Tar-packages:
Libraries are not included in the package so you'll need SDL, SDL_image and SDL_mixer libraries.
http://material.lahnarecords.fi/urw/linux/...inux-gnu.tar.gz
http://material.lahnarecords.fi/urw/linux/...inux-gnu.tar.gz
erkka
Posted: Mar 20 2012, 08:47 PM

Member No.: 474

OK, managed to build my shelter!

(Ubuntu 10.04 i386.deb)
darkover
Posted: Mar 20 2012, 10:42 PM

Group: UrW-forum members
Member No.: 1,125

I haven't found problems yet.

I create a quick character.
Go basic game course untill the check the trap task.
Tested some skills: climbing, swiming, cooking, weatherlore, ritual, fishing, hideworking, prepare soil, digging, throwing, making fire, deadblow, timberwork, treat wounds.

Talking people, trading, getting cured by shaman.
Sami Maaranen
Posted: Mar 21 2012, 05:30 PM

Administrator

Member No.: 1

Goog, good.
I think Linux version is now a mission accomplished.

Let's give it a little more playtime before final release - and a little more happy reports would be welcome as well. All of you who have tried these builds, please let me know - either reply to this thread, or drop an e-mail.

Indy
Posted: Mar 22 2012, 02:43 AM

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,764

So far so good. Not a single crash and am about 30 days into the game!

Thanks for porting to linux! I hated booting to windoze to play urw. I do all my software development from linux these days since I can go to most platforms from there. Ever consider distributing the game from desura?

Indy
Indy
Posted: Mar 24 2012, 02:09 AM

Found a problem with duplicate menu items when using user mod files diy_something.txt and menudef_something.txt.

When menudef_something.txt has an upper case letter then MAKE menu has multiple mod items. When menudef_something.txt is all lower case then MAKE menu is fine.

When diy_something.txt has an upper case letter then MAKE submenus for mod items have duplicate items. When diy_something.txt is all lower case then MAKE submenus for mod items are fine, but MAKE submenus Transport, Utility articles and Weapons have duplicate items.

So I wasn't able to find a combination that made everything happy. I was using Rains clothing mod v2.

Indy
darkover
Posted: Mar 25 2012, 04:01 PM

I have a crash "buffer overflow detected"

I tried to roast a cut for a named human, and the game crash. I have no problem with unnamed human cut, animal cut or fishes.

I found a visual problem in the help file. Some paragraphs don't start in a new line. It's more clear in the "range of target" page.
I think it can be a problem with the caracters "end of line" and "carriage return".
Flap
Posted: Mar 25 2012, 07:35 PM

Group Icon

Group: Honorary Lifetime Supporter
Member No.: 275

QUOTE (darkover @ Mar 25 2012, 04:01 PM)
(...)
I found a visual problem in the help file. Some paragraphs don't start in a new line. It's more clear in the "range of target" page.
I think it can be a problem with the caracters "end of line" and "carriage return".

That one is maybe not due to linux : lately, Sami changed a few things in the logic of the encyclopaedia, causing that type of issue. I already have sent him a version of the encyclopaedia, with many of them corrected.
darkover
Posted: Mar 28 2012, 05:21 PM

This is a minor error : When you open a door, the message is ok. But, when you close a door, the message is something like: .do_close

I read than you know the freezing problem:

I become freezing in summer when I was smoking food. And still freezing when treating the frostbite with fire
Pthalo
Posted: Mar 28 2012, 08:27 PM

Member No.: 383

@darkover: You'll warm up in a few days from the freezing -- just don't spend too much time near fireplaces. build bonfires in the woods instead. treat your frostbites every morning and stay close to your bonfire. spend the time making torches or expanding your fields. pretend it's winter and that you have to be near a fire (But not a fireplace) at all times. Or pretend your character has a weird "sickness". smile.gif You should be better in two days, and remember which fireplace you got 'sick' next to, because that fireplace is bugged and you can get sick next to it again. The good news is that it's not all fireplaces -- not even all self made fireplaces -- so you can make another one and that might prevent it happening again.
Pthalo
Posted: Mar 28 2012, 11:09 PM

on character death I am still getting:

CODE
error: can't remove character directory:
"/home/pthalo/.config/urw3-Linux/ALPHA"! errno: 39

This is because the directory isn't empty. The files that aren't being deleted are "LOG" and "LOG2"

Indy
Posted: Mar 29 2012, 04:48 AM

*** buffer overflow detected ***: .../urw-bin terminated
======= Backtrace: =========
/lib/libc.so.6(__fortify_fail+0x50)[0x977980]
/lib/libc.so.6(+0xe487a)[0x97687a]
/lib/libc.so.6(__strcpy_chk+0x44)[0x975bf4]
/home/tsk/local/urw/usr/bin/urw-bin[0x806fa4b]
/home/tsk/local/urw/usr/bin/urw-bin[0x80ec13e]
/home/tsk/local/urw/usr/bin/urw-bin[0x807230d]
/home/tsk/local/urw/usr/bin/urw-bin[0x8052d93]
/home/tsk/local/urw/usr/bin/urw-bin[0x805346f]
/lib/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xe7)[0x8a8ce7]

Was eating a pot of mushroom soup and the game crashed. Must have been some bad shrooms wink.gif

Indy
darkover
Posted: Mar 29 2012, 07:07 AM

QUOTE (Pthalo @ Mar 28 2012, 10:27 PM)
@darkover: You'll warm up in a few days from the freezing -- just don't spend too much time near fireplaces. build bonfires in the woods instead. treat your frostbites every morning and stay close to your bonfire. spend the time making torches or expanding your fields. pretend it's winter and that you have to be near a fire (But not a fireplace) at all times. Or pretend your character has a weird "sickness". smile.gif You should be better in two days, and remember which fireplace you got 'sick' next to, because that fireplace is bugged and you can get sick next to it again. The good news is that it's not all fireplaces -- not even all self made fireplaces -- so you can make another one and that might prevent it happening again.

I treat the three frostbites in a campfire, not near my fireplace. But the campfire is in the same map tile than my smokingroom. So, perphaps, the corrupting fireplace affect the entire map tile.
I'll try this afternoon to go elsewhere and make a fire to warm me up.

QUOTE (darkover @ Mar 25 2012, 06:01 PM)
I have a crash "buffer overflow detected"
I tried to roast a cut for a named human, and the game crash. I have no problem with unnamed human cut, animal cut or fishes.
QUOTE (Indy @ Mar 29 2012, 06:48 AM)

*** buffer overflow detected ***: .../urw-bin terminated
Was eating a pot of mushroom soup and the game crashed.  Must have been some bad shrooms wink.gif

Indy
I think the problem may be the length of the names of foods.
Pthalo
Posted: Mar 29 2012, 12:43 PM

Your character is very cold, much colder than should be possible, so he won't appear to warm up right away. He's actually below freezing -- he's colder than he would be if he was naked in outer space orbiting pluto. So it will take a while to warm up to what is normally the level of freezing. It will look like being next to a bonfire is doing nothing for a while, but it is warming you, and you will most likely survive.

I think you might be able to make the fireplace okay again by deconstructing one of the adjacent walls of your cabin, but I'm not sure. At least, I had a fireplace that wasn't bugged, but my cabin wasn't fully built yet, and then as soon as I completed the last wall of the cabin, the fireplace was bugged and I started freezing. That was in winter, too. But, I lived. Made a bonfire out in the woods and stayed next to it for a day and I warmed up.

It happened a lot with a character I was testing with that was playing in the summer, so I had some time to test the mechanics of warming up and freezing. There was a fireplace in a village that only froze me sometimes (never could figure that bit out), and a tiny cottage I made (2x1) where it happened 100% of the time that I was next to it. That cottage had been built normally (walls first, then floor and ceiling, then fireplace. Instead of three walls, some floor, fireplace, rest of the walls)

In the summer, the bonfire isn't as crucial because you will warm up naturally from the outside temperature (unlike in winter), but the bonfire will still help you to warm up faster than you would just walking around, which means less frostbite to deal with. smile.gif
erkka
Posted: Mar 29 2012, 03:34 PM

Member No.: 474

It happened a lot with a character I was testing with that was playing in the summer, so I had some time to test the mechanics of warming up and freezing. There was a fireplace in a village that only froze me sometimes (never could figure that bit out), and a tiny cottage I made (2x1) where it happened 100% of the time that I was next to it. That cottage had been built normally (walls first, then floor and ceiling, then fireplace. Instead of three walls, some floor, fireplace, rest of the walls)

Actually, if my theory is correct, then this "freezing while indoors"-bug should occur only in tiny houses, which have one or two floor tiles in them.

So, please, if you encounter this bug inside a house bigger than two floor tiles, please do save immediately and send your character folder direclty to me. "erkka lehmus iki fi" - fill the spaces with dots and a @ tongue.gif
« Next Oldest | General | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive