InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to UnReal World forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
If you are a new visitor click register at top left corner to create an account and join in at UnReal World forums.

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

UnReal World RPG homepage

Pages: (4) 1 2 [3] 4  ( Go to first unread post )

Rain's Clothing Mod V2
Rain
Posted: Jan 14 2012, 08:48 PM

Othobrithol
Group Icon

Group: Honorary Lifetime Supporter
Member No.: 301

I had thought about including the net entry but thought it was too far removed from "clothing" and it's also a huge balance issue - once you get about 3 nets you are permanently fed forever.

My recipe (which I never use but is in my diy) uses loads and loads of string.
MacrosBlackD
Posted: Jan 21 2012, 05:44 AM

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,697

Woollen should be Woolen. Other than that, awesome mod!
wickerman_156
Posted: Jan 21 2012, 04:22 PM

Group: UrW-forum members
Member No.: 1,458

Yeah it bothered me too but apparently it's correct spelling if you're using British English and Canadian English, I still think Woolen sounds better though.
AbNo
Posted: Jan 21 2012, 04:27 PM

Group: UrW-forum members
Member No.: 194

Variant of woolen.
lunaticfringe80
Posted: Feb 17 2012, 09:22 PM

Member No.: 1,712

I just tried the mod for the first time with some Hemp and it didn't seem to work. I soaked them and then did Extract Fibre and it left me with an item called "Extract fibre" which wasn't accepted as "Plant Fibres" when trying to spin thread. I was able to soak them again which seems to be making them turn into "Soak hemps" again.

Am I doing it wrong?

edit: Something is definitely off. When I soaked it again it won't let me extract fibers as it says "Soak hemp doesn't work as soaked plants!"
Roheline
Posted: Mar 25 2012, 10:57 PM

Group Icon

Member No.: 1,752

I'm also getting the error with the fiber getting named "Extract Fibres" which then can't be used for anything. The weird thing is that it seemed to be working just fine earlier. I'm trying to figure out what I might have done differently this time.

Edit:

I did some experimenting (extracting fiber inside a building, outside a building, with different amounts at a time) and so far it appears to be completely random. I could get "fibre from hemp" on one try and "extract fibre" on the next under otherwise identical conditions. I also got a similar error in the spinning step where the game told me "Ok, you made yourself 4 spin threads!"

I don't think it's a problem with mixing the two types of fiber since these two steps ("Extract Fibre" and "Spin Thread") are not specific to the type of fiber.

Roheline
Posted: Mar 27 2012, 04:47 AM

Group Icon

Member No.: 1,752

It seems that the naming problem discussed above keeps cropping up. I made a temporary fix of sorts by simply editing the file so that there are two menu options for each, with the menu title being the end product (e.g. "Fibre from Hemp" or "Thread from Hemp"). It does mean more "menu clutter" which you were trying to avoid but so far it seems to have fixed the issue. I don't know much about modding (in fact fiddling with this file was my first attempt of any kind), but I wish I could offer a solution for the issue at the root of this. Your original menus were certainly more aesthetically pleasing!

I also just wanted to offer my compliments on the mod. I've been having a lot of fun with it, but now I wish we could shear sheep and make our own woolen clothing from the start as well! I can already imagine some of the steps (shear wool from sheep, wash fiber, comb fiber, then spin and weave as before). If this kind of thing ever became a part of the game, it would be so nifty if we could make some of our own tools (i.e. carve a wooden spindle, or make flax combs from bone or create an actual loom by carving various pieces out of wood and then fitting them together) or maybe trade for spindles and combs and looms with the village women!
Rain
Posted: May 9 2012, 11:49 PM

Othobrithol
Group Icon

Yes, the trick I used seems to intermittently fail despite more than a few attempts to work around it. The only situation that I was able to get it occur without fail was when materials of two types were used (it asks for 5lbs of fibre and you use 2lbs of hemp and 3lbs of nettle).

BTW I went with woollen because that is the spelling Sami used.

I do intend at some point to revisit the project and tinker some now that I have the time.
Rain
Posted: Sep 22 2012, 09:30 PM

Othobrithol
Group Icon

A question to all those that use and enjoy this mod:

Would your experience be better or worse if support for nettle cloth was abandoned?

What this would mean is:
  • Both hemp and nettle would be convertible into linen cloth.
  • Existing nettle clothing would not be usable with this mod in any way.
  • The issue with bugged fibre names should go away for good.
  • The total menu complexity of the mod would be reduced.
Dark_Art
Posted: Sep 23 2012, 12:25 AM

Group Icon

Member No.: 944

Rain, with all due respect, I think it would be completely nuts. I understand your motive, but to have two different plants (hemp and nettle) magically transform into flax, IMHO, would be completely OOC for URW.

Anyway, its just my 2 cents. Ether way you'll choose to proceed with your mods, would earn nothing but thanks from my side.

Maybe we can Sami to add flax into game? Or even, after some reworking, incorporate your mods into it?
plotinus
Posted: Sep 23 2012, 12:13 PM

Group Icon

Member No.: 1,922

I tend to use nettle just for the cords and hemp for making clothes, so it would be okay if I could only use hemp and there wasn't anything to do with nettles but eat them.

I use a modified version of your mod which is more complex but eliminates the bug:

CODE

.Retted Nettles.  "Nettle"   *AGRICULTURE* /5/  \336h\ [patch:10] |-1|
{Nettle}    [remove] [patchwise] [name:Retted %s] [naming:last word]
{Water}    #1# [remove] [patchwise]

.Retted Hemp.  "Hemp"    *AGRICULTURE* /5/  \336h\ [patch:10] |-1|
{Hemp}     [remove] [patchwise]  [name:Retted %s] [naming:last word]
{Water}    #1# [remove] [patchwise]

.Fibre from Nettle.   "Hemp"    *AGRICULTURE* /30/   [patch:10] |-1|
{Retted nettle}  'Retted nettle' #1# [remove] [patchwise]  [name:Fibre from %s] [naming:last word]
{Club}   '+for scrutching'

.Fibre from Hemp.   "Hemp"    *AGRICULTURE* /30/   [patch:10] |-1|
{Retted hemp}  'Soaked Plants' #1# [remove] [patchwise]  [name:Fibre from %s] [naming:last word]
{Club}   '+for scrutching'

.Thread from Hemp.   "Cord"     *COMMON*  /20/   [patch:10]
{Fibre from Hemp}  'Fibres from Hemp'  [remove] [patchwise]  [name:Thread from %s] [naming:last word]
{Wooden Stake} '+for a distaff'
{rock}  '+for a spindle'

.Thread from Nettle.   "Cord"     *COMMON*  /20/   [patch:10]
{Fibre from Nettle}  'Fibres from Nettles'  [remove] [patchwise]  [name:Thread from %s] [naming:last word]
{Wooden Stake} '+for a distaff'
{rock}  '+for a spindle'

.Nettle Cloth.   "Bandage"    *COMMON*  /40/  [patch:10]
{Thread from Nettle} 'Thread'(2)  [remove] [patchwise]
{Slender trunk} '+(Backstrap Loom)' (2) [ground]
{Rope}  '+(Backstrap Loom)' (2) [ground]
{Knife}

.Linen Cloth.   "Bandage"    *COMMON*  /40/  [patch:10]
{Thread from Hemp} 'Thread'(2)  [remove] [patchwise]
{Slender trunk} '+(Backstrap Loom)' (2) [ground]
{Rope}  '+(Backstrap Loom)' (2) [ground]
{Knife}
Torham
Posted: Dec 15 2012, 11:37 AM

Member No.: 1,699

Is this mod compactible with 3.15 version?
Sami Maaranen
Posted: Dec 17 2012, 11:40 AM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (Torham @ Dec 15 2012, 11:37 AM)
Is this mod compactible with 3.15 version?

Yes it is.
Rain
Posted: Dec 27 2012, 01:35 PM

Othobrithol
Group Icon

Sorry to not be available, with the holidays and a busy work schedule over the next few months my attention is going to be elsewhere.
CrypticTundra
Posted: Dec 30 2012, 06:04 PM

Member No.: 1,757

Just started back up. I never actually used any mods in my previous games. How exactly do I get this mod to work? Copy code of both in notepad++ and save as described above the code...named menudef and diy txt files?
« Next Oldest | Modding | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (4) 1 2 [3] 4 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive