Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to The Ultramarines Chapter. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

--[Search on page:
]--

Go back to the Ultramarines main site!

VOTE FOR THIS SITE!!!:

My First Game In A Gaming Club
potatofamine1
Posted: May 30 2007, 02:23 PM

Implanting phase

Group: Members
Member No.: 118

well over the last year i have been kinda playing casually with my friends at my house, but a couple days ago i went to a gaming club and played space wolves.....
i was beaten..a narrow victory. The next day i played daemond hunters. I won this battle easily smile.gif. The next day i played a tau army. I won this battle too. The day after or yesturday i played another space wolves army which owned the shit out of me.

Any ideas on how to beat freakin space wolves?
i keep re-woking my army list and i either dont have the assult power to keep up with them or i cant shoot enough of em down b4 they get to my shooters.

--------------------
Fear the alien, the mutant, the heretic
Galenus
Posted: May 31 2007, 08:25 PM

Space Marine Sergeant

Group: Members
Member No.: 69

Take Daemonhunter Stormtroopers as allies and use them as a throw away unit to chuck at the Wolves in CC. Hopefully that will slow their advance and make them come in piecemeal.

In all seriousness the way I see it you can either take some throw away units or take mobile shooty troops. Landspeeders with assault cannons work nicely. As long as they move all hits are glancing and you can stay out of the blood claws assault range as you pepper them with rending sixes. I would take several. Rush forward just out of charge range and let them have it. Then you can lead them in circles as he tries to deal with your speeders. Space Wolf players often will charge the closest target to get across the board quickly. If he ignores them, you are free to shoot away.

Do you find your Space Wolf players struggle against any of the armies you have beaten? See what others in your group do to annoy and destroy.

--------------------
Master of the Marches
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic Options

^Back to the top^

This web page is not an official production of Games Workshop, Ltd. Warhammer 40,000(R), EPIC, are registered trademarks of Games Workshop, Ltd., as are many of the words, phrases and text on this page. These words and phrases are used without permission. No challenge is intended to the status of these or any other trademarks of Games Workshop, Ltd. Use of these words without the appropriate symbols should not be construed as a challenge to such status. THIS SITE IS ONLY TO EXPRESS MY JOY IN THE WARHAMMER 40k HOBBY.
Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0240 seconds · Archive