Create your own social network with a free forum.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Tuning House. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (9) « First ... 7 8 [9]  ( Go to first unread post )

Lancia Delta HF Turbo, Part 2...
Infectus-Guy
Posted: Sep 10 2014, 05:00 PM

Batcave Scientist

Group: Staff
Member No.: 4

10/09/2014-

So off down to Alan Jeffery's at the crack of dawn, got it up on the dyno and gave it a run. Sure enough it was slightly too rich throughout the rev range so they backed the fuel pressure off to a satisfactory lambda reading which even won me an extra 5bhp!

user posted image

Alan was so interested to see a Delta ("it's been a while") that he brought his camera down for a couple of snaps. Thanks Martin and Alan, was nice to see, chat and tune with you again! Great work and all done in less than an hour. The result-

user posted image

Well happy with that, now all i have to work on is getting all that power down through the front wheels.
Guy

This post has been edited by Infectus-Guy on Sep 14 2014, 09:31 PM

--------------------
QUOTE (Old School)
If you're not working on your car the night before the event you're not doing motorsport properly!
Infectus-Guy
Posted: Sep 15 2014, 04:46 PM

Batcave Scientist

15/09/2014-

So just before the dyno session i noticed that every now and then the engine had a kind of supercharged whirring sound to it. Later investigation showed that my unbranded water pump that i fitted a few years had given up! Only 4 days left to sort it, but luckily by design i'd made it easier to remove (just over an hour) and i have a decent second hand one i can throw on-

user posted image

user posted image

Engine bay support bridge that my Dad made a while ago has just paid for itself!

user posted image

My used low mileage one brushed and painted up-

user posted image

Thanked myself for this one a few times. I previously redesigned the water pipe in stainless and in two parts linked by a bit of silicone hose, meaning the short bit of kinked pipework can be removed with the pump and easily swapped over to the new one.

user posted image

All back on and running fine!
Guy

This post has been edited by Infectus-Guy on Sep 16 2014, 04:43 PM

--------------------
QUOTE (Old School)
If you're not working on your car the night before the event you're not doing motorsport properly!
Infectus-Guy
Posted: Sep 16 2014, 05:03 PM

Batcave Scientist

16/09/2014-

Pulled the rear radius arms off today in preparation for fitting my rose-jointed ones-

user posted image

Only real petrol-heads use trigonometry to work out how to achieve a couple of extra degrees of negative camber and then take their (home-made of course!) rear suspension radius arms to bed to set their lengths-

user posted image

Yes I am indeed very aware of the fact that I need to get a life, but look how awesome they look now they're bolted on!

user posted image

user posted image

Guy

This post has been edited by Infectus-Guy on Sep 17 2014, 10:31 PM

--------------------
QUOTE (Old School)
Infectus-Guy
Posted: Apr 9 2015, 05:08 PM

Batcave Scientist

09/04/2015-

So to stiffen things up a bit at the rear end i TIG'd up this stainless brace which attaches to the old brake auto-biaser brackets and the tow point up on the rear X member-

user posted image

user posted image

Just got it back on the road for the spring/summer and its definitely going to need some stronger front suspension top mounts!
Guy

--------------------
QUOTE (Old School)
Infectus-Guy
Posted: Aug 16 2015, 08:08 PM

Batcave Scientist

16/08/2015-

My Ronal turbos were starting to look a bit scabby as the corrosion had got under the lacquer. Only one thing for it- blast back, primer then paint. Decided on anthracite (as you can't go wrong with it) and yellow striping-

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

In hindsight I think I should have gone satin black and not rushed out and bought the first striping kit I saw on ebay. They're made up in 8 segments which were easy enough to fit but the dirt will probably build up in the joins and I hate the canary yellow they've come though as, was hoping for a much deeper yellow. Oh well they'll do for now and there's always next time.
Guy

This post has been edited by Infectus-Guy on Aug 18 2015, 04:29 PM

--------------------
QUOTE (Old School)
Infectus-Guy
Posted: Jan 11 2016, 01:00 AM

Batcave Scientist

11/01/2016-

Thought it about time to do something about the big hole in the bulkhead and actually do something about the heaters. I don't need heat for me though, I can put more clothes on. The important thing is demisting the screen so I folded and riveted some alloy plate with some flow diverters to bias the airflow in front of the driver and finished it off with good old truckbed liner to avoid reflections-

user posted image

user posted image

Also removed the sunroof panel, runners and tray which being spot welded in was a right old game! Needless to say it's not going back in so i will need to chop the rotten bit out and blank it somehow. I'll leave it until near the end and if i run out of time it's getting a sheet of stainless riveted over it!

user posted image

user posted image

Guy

--------------------
QUOTE (Old School)
Infectus-Guy
Posted: Jan 11 2016, 01:20 AM

Batcave Scientist

11/01/2016-

I wasn't happy with my first effort at strengthening my wishbones so with a spare set kicking around i thought i'd have another go. This time plating them with thicker steel and making bolt-on alloy drop link mounts rather than welding them integrally. Also TIG welded them this time, just because...... smile.gif -

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

More pics of the finished/painted items soon.
Guy

This post has been edited by Infectus-Guy on May 21 2017, 03:07 PM

--------------------
QUOTE (Old School)
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Workshop & Current Projects | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic OptionsPages: (9) « First ... 7 8 [9] 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0677 seconds · Archive