zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to The SMRPG Legacy. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Super Mario Bros. 3 - Sept. 1988 Early Beta Footag, Because this game is bloody important.
Keiji Dragon
Posted: Jun 8 2011, 02:50 PM

Group: Members
Member No.: 283

Because this game is serious business and important, and I like sharing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ov8A5tz8MU0

Originally found on Nico Nico Douga titled, ファミマガVideo創刊9月号 (Famimaga Video September), I stumbled upon this while searching for media on Mother 3 for my Shat-Canned Legends Documentary.

The video shows the various differences of this early version to the final that my annotations go over. For one, none of the levels are recognizable (except perhaps one particular part), and the HUD is different.

Very interesting stuff, especially upon seeing that these 80s Japanese game videos are from a completely different, and simpler era.

Original URL: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm13196307. Because I don't want to take all glory credit for this, as the video was originally uploaded and found on Nico Nico Douga. I just wanted to spread this video to the western hemisphere. Enjoy.

--------------------
Welcome to my eBay shop! Free shipping on all items! Make offers to get my items for less! Click on the that link for more of my selection!

^Look! A large, white bar. What a waste of space. =\
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options    

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0705 seconds | Archive