InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to The SMRPG Legacy. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Mario and Luigi as a Team, The good points of Mario and Luigi
The Radiance Paladin
Posted: Feb 20 2008, 06:06 PM

The Radiant Angel of Skyworld

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,292

Yeah, I know. Mario and Luigi Partners in Time isnít the greatest RPG game I ever played either, Iím just glad that the Mario Bros are working together. I miss using the Bros Moves, but the Bros Items isnít so bad either. The enemies was tough, but my team triumphant every time. Baby Mario and Baby Luigi was too aw material to hate. The bottom line is that Mario and Luigi Partners in Time is a great game if you are a true fan of Mario AND Luigi! cool.gif

Mr. Bojiggler 12

Mr.Bojiggler 12: Like I say I donít like to fight!
Narrator: Then this is gonna be one boring show.
Mr.Bojiggler 12: Wait, Iím not done! BUT I STILL LIKE TO RIP PHONE BOOKS APART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
List of things to accomplish. (Updated on Oct 20, 2010)

1. Make some fan-fic and a lot of reviews.
2. Improve myself and my Willpower.
Shine Ninja
Posted: Apr 28 2008, 11:51 AM

Hey, that's Luigi! Show him a little respect!

Member No.: 1,348

Mario and Luigi are the best duo ever!!! I don't see why Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time is having a bad reputation around here. The bros. moves is one reason and the title could use an improvement, but the overall of the whole game is gold. Not many RPG games captures the beauty of having two main characters instead of one. I hope someone is reading this and knows that the Mario and Luigi series deserves more than what it is getting.

Also, it would be cool if Mario and Luigi was for the Wii with two players co-op mode and more advanced Bros Moves. happy.gif

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
Super Mallow
Posted: Apr 28 2008, 12:39 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Probably because it's the weakest of the series in many people's opinion

--------------------
The Radiance Paladin
Posted: Apr 28 2008, 11:59 PM

Once again, thanks for the comments but this is the second (and hopefully last) mistake I make when it comes to making new topics. I was just bored, that's all, Sorry about that! sleep.gif

Shine Ninja Posted on Apr 28 2008, 11:51 AM
  Mario and Luigi are the best duo ever!!! I don't see why Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time is having a bad reputation around here. The bros. moves is one reason and the title could use an improvement, but the overall of the whole game is gold. Not many RPG games captures the beauty of having two main characters instead of one. I hope someone is reading this and knows that the Mario and Luigi series deserves more than what it is getting.

Also, it would be cool if Mario and Luigi was for the Wii with two players co-op mode and more advanced Bros Moves.

Yeah I know! Mario and Luigi working together again on the Wii just bring back the good old days. But I see what Super Mallow is talking about. At the final stage, the monsters was tough as I don't know what. I have to put twice as much effort to train the Super Mario Bros just to catch up with them. It was also a drag that Baby Mario and Baby Luigi has the ability to use hammers and not the Mario Bros themselves, but I can't say no to those adoradble faces (Baby Mario Bros). Overall, the Mario Bros was totally awesome in Mario and Luigi Partners in Time, but if they have more of the elements they have during SuperStar Saga, then Parnters in Time would've been more exciting.

The Radiance Paladin

P.S.: If the Mario and Luigi has a two players co-op mode, then that is one way the Super Mario Bros can harness the true power of their "Bros Moves" (LOL) cool.gif

--------------------

Shine Ninja
Posted: Jul 22 2008, 11:11 AM

Mario and Luigi are in fact the best team ever!!! happy.gif The missing Bros. move are a major dissapointment, but the rest is still all Mario (and Luigi.) I am hoping that there is a third Mario and Luigi in a two player co-op style.

As for the final boss, I don't know what to say. Is the Boss so tough that you discard this game as soon as you finished it. Or is it because you don't know how to dodge and use your face as a shield laugh.gif . Well I don't know the answer, but saying that Mario and Luigi: Partner in Time is the weakest in most people minds just because the boss is hard is like saying that Super Smash Bros. Brawl is bad just because you don't know how to play.
Weak dry.gif .

As for my opinion, Super Paper Mario is the weakest link in the Mario RPG games.

This post has been edited by Shine Ninja on Jul 22 2008, 11:13 AM

--------------------
YoshiSan
Posted: Jul 22 2008, 11:26 AM

Member No.: 1,379

QUOTE (Shine Ninja @ Jul 22 2008, 11:11 AM)
Mario and Luigi are in fact the best team ever!!! happy.gif The missing Bros. move are a major dissapointment, but the rest is still all Mario (and Luigi.) I am hoping that there is a third Mario and Luigi in a two player co-op style.

As for the final boss, I don't know what to say. Is the Boss so tough that you discard this game as soon as you finished it. Or is it because you don't know how to dodge and use your face as a shield laugh.gif . Well I don't know the answer, but saying that Mario and Luigi: Partner in Time is the weakest in most people minds just because the boss is hard is like saying that Super Smash Bros. Brawl is bad just because you don't know how to play.
Weak dry.gif .

As for my opinion, Super Paper Mario is the weakest link in the Mario RPG games.

shine has a point I don't think someone should discredit the game too hard because it's final boss is challenging I had to reface her once or twice but she was beatable and the fact that the final boss was so challenging gave it that perfect level of challenge for me just like the previous one it was descently challenging but not too challenging.
I do miss the bros points but the items are good enough I mean theres a limit to them and they still gave you that wacky button mashing rush from previos Mario RPG's.
I also agree that SPM was the weakest link but still a good win.
The Radiance Paladin
Posted: Jul 22 2008, 08:18 PM

The Radiance Paladin Posted on Apr 28 2008, 11:59 PM
† Once again, thanks for the comments but this is the second (and hopefully last) mistake I make when it comes to making new topics. I was just bored, that's all, Sorry about that!†

QUOTE†
Shine Ninja Posted on Apr 28 2008, 11:51 AM
† Mario and Luigi are the best duo ever!!! I don't see why Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time is having a bad reputation around here. The bros. moves is one reason and the title could use an improvement, but the overall of the whole game is gold. Not many RPG games captures the beauty of having two main characters instead of one. I hope someone is reading this and knows that the Mario and Luigi series deserves more than what it is getting.

Also, it would be cool if Mario and Luigi was for the Wii with two players co-op mode and more advanced Bros Moves.

Yeah I know! Mario and Luigi working together again on the Wii just bring back the good old days. But I see what Super Mallow is talking about. At the final stage, the monsters was tough as I don't know what. I have to put twice as much effort to train the Super Mario Bros just to catch up with them. It was also a drag that Baby Mario and Baby Luigi has the ability to use hammers and not the Mario Bros themselves, but I can't say no to those adoradble faces (Baby Mario Bros). Overall, the Mario Bros was totally awesome in Mario and Luigi Partners in Time, but if they have more of the elements they have during SuperStar Saga, then Parnters in Time would've been more exciting.

The Radiance Paladin

P.S.: If the Mario and Luigi has a two players co-op mode, then that is one way the Super Mario Bros can harness the true power of their "Bros Moves" (LOL)† 

(After reading this quote)...What am I saying?! This is a great game. Sure the final boss was tough, but isn't that the challenge of the game? As soon as I beat this boss, hopefully today or tomorrow, I will feel great about myself because I beat an challenging boss. Also, I have to agree with everybody else, SPM is the weakest link. Also, the day I say that Super Smash Bros Brawl is hard because I don't know how to play it is the day I stop playing Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, and that will never happen. Finally, I hope there is a third game about the Super Mario Bros too.

The Radiance Paladin

This post has been edited by The Radiance Paladin on Jul 22 2008, 08:19 PM

--------------------

number1supermariofan
Posted: Jul 23 2008, 01:24 PM

i'm an upsessed mario and luigi fan that a problem?!?

Member No.: 1,863

For some reason i feel that nintendo is not gonna make anymore mario &luigi games for the ds. There probably gonna make it for the next handheld nintedo thingy.

Attached Image (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image

--------------------
Shine Ninja
Posted: Aug 6 2008, 12:44 AM

You're most likely right, but I hope there is a third Mario and Luigi game period. Another adventure featuring Mario and Luigi is the reason why I wake up in the morning. happy.gif (Besides college and work.)

This post has been edited by Shine Ninja on Aug 6 2008, 12:45 AM

--------------------
Doopliss Boy
Posted: Aug 6 2008, 06:34 AM

Owns an awesome DQIX DSi

Group: Super Mods
Member No.: 459

I wonder what would happen in a third Mario & Luigi (if there is one) in terms of the battles. Would the babies return? Would they still have bros items? etc.

--------------------
user posted image
number1supermariofan
Posted: Aug 6 2008, 07:13 PM

you know what! i really did like the babies in the mario and luigi PAT, they were AWESOME and cute lol tongue.gif

--------------------
The Radiance Paladin
Posted: Oct 10 2008, 07:13 PM

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I beat the game! I can't believe that he was the final opponent. Nintendo always keep me guessing. Good times...good times. happy.gif

The Radiance Paladin cool.gif

--------------------

number1supermariofan
Posted: Oct 10 2008, 08:37 PM

QUOTE (Shine Ninja @ Apr 28 2008, 11:51 AM)

Also, it would be cool if Mario and Luigi was for the Wii with two players co-op mode and more advanced Bros Moves. happy.gif

i agree i'm fed up that everyone's saying that mario&luigi PiT was bad, i thought it was pretty great too shine ninja, in my opinion all mario rpg's are good

--------------------
The Radiance Paladin
Posted: Oct 11 2008, 07:01 PM

That's another thing we agree on. Most people only care about Mario RPG as a fake imatation of SMRPG 2, but as long as Mario is in a RPG, it's an awesome game in my book.

--------------------

number1supermariofan
Posted: Nov 5 2008, 08:14 PM

QUOTE (The Radiance Paladin @ Oct 11 2008, 07:01 PM)
That's another thing we agree on. Most people only care about Mario RPG as a fake imatation of SMRPG 2, but as long as Mario is in a RPG, it's an awesome game in my book.

i dunno why i didn't ask this before but what did you mean? super mario rpg is a fake imitation of supermariorpg 2? huh.gif

--------------------
MetalMario
Posted: Nov 5 2008, 09:20 PM

Ancient --- Green "!" Block Angry Mob

Member No.: 2,067

I think he meant all of the Mario RPGs after the first one.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image "My father robbed himself of using his stronger arm. If he had, he would not have lost to the likes of you." ~Ike to the Black Knight
Like the moon over the day, my genius and brawn are lost on these fools. ~Bowser's Haikuuser posted image
number1supermariofan
Posted: Nov 6 2008, 03:30 PM

QUOTE (MetalMario @ Nov 5 2008, 09:20 PM)
I think he meant all of the Mario RPGs after the first one.

ah thx mm! oh btw how did you get the link costume?

--------------------
MetalMario
Posted: Nov 6 2008, 09:15 PM

Someone I know made it for me. It wasn't the BEST Costume, but still cool. smile.gif

And I WANT MARIO RPG 2! laugh.gif

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image "My father robbed himself of using his stronger arm. If he had, he would not have lost to the likes of you." ~Ike to the Black Knight
Like the moon over the day, my genius and brawn are lost on these fools. ~Bowser's Haikuuser posted image
number1supermariofan
Posted: Nov 7 2008, 03:52 PM

QUOTE (MetalMario @ Nov 6 2008, 09:15 PM)
Someone I know made it for me. It wasn't the BEST Costume, but still cool. smile.gif

And I WANT MARIO RPG 2! laugh.gif

there is a super mario rpg 2?

--------------------
MetalMario
Posted: Nov 7 2008, 03:56 PM

QUOTE (number1supermariofan @ Nov 7 2008, 03:52 PM)
QUOTE (MetalMario @ Nov 6 2008, 09:15 PM)
Someone I know made it for me.  It wasn't the BEST Costume, but still cool.  smile.gif

And I WANT MARIO RPG 2!  laugh.gif

there is a super mario rpg 2?

Oh...no, there isn't one announced. I'm sorry. sad.gif Yeah, I wish. I want it anyway.

--------------------
number1supermariofan
Posted: Nov 7 2008, 04:00 PM

well i haven't played smrpg1 cuz i was only 1 and buy the time was 5 the nintendo 64 was the big thing i learned about smrpg when i was 7 but it was too late cuz the gamecube was the big then sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif i own every mario rpg EXCEPT super mario rpg sadly i thought the mario sport games were kinda stupid but they were fun i guess i only collect the mario kart games otherwise i would only get mario games with adventure, mario party was okay but they make a new one each time so i was like whats the point? plus the newer mario parties have sucky games, i miss the good'ol days with the 64 and snes and nes sad.gif

--------------------
MetalMario
Posted: Nov 7 2008, 04:04 PM

Do you have a Wii? You can get it for VC.

--------------------
number1supermariofan
Posted: Nov 7 2008, 04:06 PM

QUOTE (MetalMario @ Nov 7 2008, 04:04 PM)
Do you have a Wii? You can get it for VC.

yes i have a wii but its hard to find wii points in my place sad.gif

--------------------
Doopliss Boy
Posted: Nov 8 2008, 06:00 AM

Owns an awesome DQIX DSi

Group: Super Mods
Member No.: 459

You know, you can order Wii Points online from Amazon.com and they're just delivered to you via mail. And you have to play it. I'm still playing it, it is awesome.

Yah, there are way too many Mario spin offs. The RPGs and Karts are the only ones that you could compare to the platformers and the sports and parties are just meh except for Mario Tennis and Soccer, both are amazing series though I haven't played Striekrs Charged or Hoops so I can't really talk about those 2, but the golf, baseball, and parties could be better, a LOT better.

--------------------
user posted image
number1supermariofan
Posted: Nov 8 2008, 11:48 AM

yeah but its also hard to convince my parents to get the points cuz they're worried about my school, i'm doing great though

--------------------
MetalMario
Posted: Nov 8 2008, 04:12 PM

You can buy Points with a credit card, too. 800 points would only be $8 on your credit card.

--------------------
number1supermariofan
Posted: Nov 8 2008, 07:24 PM

yeah i know that stuff

uh we're getting off topic [SIZE=14]TOPIC SHIFTED BACK!!![/SIZE happy.gif ]

--------------------
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.

Topic Options    

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.5066 seconds | Archive