></a>
</div>
<!-- google_ad_section_start(weight=0) -->
<!-- IE6/Win TABLE FIX -->
<table  width=  · Portal  Help      Search      Members      Calendar

zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to The 110 Club. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you will be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Once you have registered, please post in "Welcome Center" to request administrator validation.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Name:   Password:

Brother/Sister SCs?
Futurist
Posted: Nov 22 2011, 01:45 AM

To the limit!

Group: Trusted Members
Member No.: 1,176

Were there ever any? Also, what is the record for oldest female sibling of a female SC and the record for oldest male sibling of a male SC? Does anyone know?
Brendan
Posted: Nov 22 2011, 02:57 AM

Radioactivity

Member No.: 1,020

I don't think there have been any supercentenarian relatives by blood, though Florence Knapp's 108-year-old sister came quite close. She's the oldest (and thus the closest to supercentenarian status) I can think of off the top of my head.

Catherine Hagel, age 114, was a sister-in-law of Delvina Dahlheimer, age 113.

Not to go off-topic, just a FYI. Rosabell Fenstermaker, age 111, was the daughter of Mary Phil Cota, age 112, as the only validated mother-daughter supercentenarian pair ever recorded.

I'm also told Maria do Couto Maia-Lopes was related to Augusto Moreira de Olivieria or Antonio Fernandes de Castro. Which one of these male supercentenarians, and how he was related to her, I have forgotten. I'm told, though, that it had something to do with marriage.
Daniel
Posted: Nov 22 2011, 07:12 PM

Jeanne Calment

Member No.: 1,099

QUOTE (Brendan @ Nov 22 2011, 02:57 AM)
I don't think there have been any supercentenarian relatives by blood, though Florence Knapp's 108-year-old sister came quite close. She's the oldest (and thus the closest to supercentenarian status) I can think of off the top of my head.

Not to go off-topic, just a FYI. Rosabell Fenstermaker, age 111, was the daughter of Mary Phil Cota, age 112, as the only validated mother-daughter supercentenarian pair ever recorded.

I'm also told Maria do Couto Maia-Lopes was related to Augusto Moreira de Olivieria or Antonio Fernandes de Castro. Which one of these male supercentenarians, and how he was related to her, I have forgotten. I'm told, though, that it had something to do with marriage.

To quote from wikipedia in reference to Maria do Couto Maia-Lopes

''One of her great-granddaughters married a grandson of Portugal's oldest ever man, Augusto Moreira de Oliveira (1896 – 2009).''

There definently seems to be a genetic factor involved in determining whether a person reaches 110, as so many supecentenarians have family members living to advanced ages, much more than would be expected if genetics played no part.
Futurist
Posted: Nov 22 2011, 09:44 PM

To the limit!

Member No.: 1,176

QUOTE (Brendan @ Nov 22 2011, 02:57 AM)

Actually, everyone is related by blood if you go back for enough. I heard about that mother-daughter SC pair before. So Florence Knapp's sister was the closest that a SC sibling came to becoming a SC herself? It appears that this is the case. However, I heard that Domenico Minervo (who lived to 111) had a brother who lived until age 108. Can anyone confirm this? And yes, I've heard about Hagel and Dahlheimer being sisters-in-law.
makila
Posted: Nov 23 2011, 02:30 AM

Correspondent GRG Belgium

Member No.: 138

QUOTE (Futurist @ Nov 22 2011, 01:45 AM)
Were there ever any? Also, what is the record for oldest female sibling of a female SC and the record for oldest male sibling of a male SC? Does anyone know?

I know of a case that came close.

Bertha van Hasselt (age 107 years and 326 days at the time of her death), who was at one time the oldest from the Netherlands, had a elder sister (Maria van Hasselt) who died at age 108 years and 308 days in Belgium.

I only follow up Dutch cases, and above is the Dutch record. What the world record is, I dont know ..

The record for oldest "living" sisters belongs to Maggie Renfro, who at age 114 had 2 living sisters at age 100+. The Dutch record belongs to Irma Degrijze (now age 109) who had a sister who died a year ago at age 102.
clark kent
Posted: Nov 23 2011, 11:11 AM

Methuselah

Member No.: 16

http://s3.invisionfree.com/The_110_Club/ar/t475.htm

please refer to the link above. I already posted it two years ago for the only sibling SC case so far. both sisters
Admin CalvinTy
Posted: Nov 23 2011, 09:12 PM

Jeanne Calment

Group: Admin
Member No.: 631

QUOTE (clark kent @ Nov 23 2011, 11:11 AM)
http://s3.invisionfree.com/The_110_Club/ar/t475.htm

please refer to the link above. I already posted it two years ago for the only sibling SC case so far. both sisters

QUOTE (clark kent @ Aug 30 2009, 01:56 AM)
for mother-daughter pair it would be Mary P. Romero Zielke Cota and Rosabelle Zielke Champion Fenstermaker at 112 yrs 17 days and 111 years 344 days respectively

for siblings it would be Nelle Eby and Katherine Davenport at 111 yrs and 110 yrs respectively  smile.gif

That is the post that clark kent is talking about (the sibling SC's part).

This old link confirms this:

http://business.highbeam.com/435553/articl...ldest-residents

* CalvinTy
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0811 seconds | Archive