></a>
</div>
<!-- google_ad_section_start(weight=0) -->
<!-- IE6/Win TABLE FIX -->
<table  width=  · Portal  Help      Search      Members      Calendar

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to The 110 Club. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you will be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Once you have registered, please post in "Welcome Center" to request administrator validation.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Manfredini
NickOrnstein
Posted: Oct 17 2010, 05:35 PM

MVP

Group: Trusted Members
Member No.: 1,012

CalvinTY, I have contacted you on here, and on 2 of your e-mail accounts about you sending me the photo of Dina Manfredini. I have been awaiting a reply for over a month now. You told me to ask you in a more private manner. If you would like, would you like for me to give you credit on the video for sending the photo to me? I have been waiting for so long.

As you know, I am making it for my 'Oldest validated living people' video on Youtube, in which I am planning on posting it on November 28, 2010 after Pizzinato hopefully becomes the oldest Italian ever.
ryoung122
Posted: Oct 17 2010, 07:10 PM

Senior Advisor

Group: Advisor
Member No.: 17

QUOTE (NickOrnstein @ Oct 17 2010, 05:35 PM)
CalvinTY, I have contacted you on here, and on 2 of your e-mail accounts about you sending me the photo of Dina Manfredini. I have been awaiting a reply for over a month now. You told me to ask you in a more private manner. If you would like, would you like for me to give you credit on the video for sending the photo to me? I have been waiting for so long.

As you know, I am making it for my 'Oldest validated living people' video on Youtube, in which I am planning on posting it on November 28, 2010 after Pizzinato hopefully becomes the oldest Italian ever.

I have some pictures, e-mail me at ryoung122@yahoo.com or robertdouglasyoung@yahoo.com
Admin CalvinTy
Posted: Oct 19 2010, 11:50 AM

Jeanne Calment

Group: Admin
Member No.: 631

QUOTE (NickOrnstein @ Oct 17 2010, 05:35 PM)

Nick,

I have replied to your e-mail address twice with a photo link. I sent them over a month ago as well.

Looks like your e-mail address is not getting my e-mails?

Let me know if you still need me to resend (depending on if Robert has a better photo than what I have).

Regards,

* CalvinTy
Admin CalvinTy
Posted: Oct 19 2010, 11:53 AM

Jeanne Calment

Confirmed. Just checked my e-mail's Sent Items folder. The last two e-mails I sent was to you, LOL.

MON, 9/27 6:14AM EDT
FRI, 8/27 9:56AM EDT

You did not get either one of those e-mails? Weird.

Just wanted to give you this so you know that I actually HAVE seen your request and DID send them out.

Cheers,

* CalvinTy
NickOrnstein
Posted: Oct 22 2010, 06:12 PM

MVP

QUOTE (Admin CalvinTy @ Oct 19 2010, 11:53 AM)
Confirmed. Just checked my e-mail's Sent Items folder. The last two e-mails I sent was to you, LOL.

MON, 9/27 6:14AM EDT
FRI, 8/27 9:56AM EDT

You did not get either one of those e-mails? Weird.

Just wanted to give you this so you know that I actually HAVE seen your request and DID send them out.

Cheers,

* CalvinTy

Crap Calvin. Omg, I am so organized that I usually delete mail that I don't need quickly after. Please send one last time to me. I am sorry, it wont happen again. Thank you!
Admin CalvinTy
Posted: Oct 23 2010, 01:28 AM

Jeanne Calment

QUOTE (NickOrnstein @ Oct 22 2010, 06:12 PM)
Crap Calvin. Omg, I am so organized that I usually delete mail that I don't need quickly after. Please send one last time to me. I am sorry, it wont happen again. Thank you!

No problem. I re-sent the e-mail again.

No credit needed because I got it from the article back in April, and it is just one picture that is not a great one. I'll let you be the judge of that.

Perhaps Robert has more and better pictures.

Cheers,

* CalvinTy
NickOrnstein
Posted: Jan 15 2011, 04:44 PM

MVP

Dina (née Guerri) Manfredini made it to 2011. An article, along with a new photo of her (in Italian), has an update on her status, and a biography about her life. The article was posted yesterday (January 14). http://www.ilrestodelcarlino.it/modena/cro...nni_mezzo.shtml

Someone save this photo!
beawitness
Posted: Jan 15 2011, 04:59 PM

Unpredictablty

Member No.: 1,057

so is dina manfredini italian or american?
gijs412
Posted: Jan 15 2011, 04:59 PM

Jeanne Calment

Member No.: 1,046

finally biggrin.gif a photo!
and a good one too!
gijs412
Posted: Jan 15 2011, 05:00 PM

Jeanne Calment

Member No.: 1,046

QUOTE (beawitness @ Jan 15 2011, 04:59 PM)
so is dina manfredini italian or american?

she Italian-American, she lives in America
onewarmslime
Posted: Jan 16 2011, 03:16 AM

:d <3

Member No.: 1,059

Good news!
Brendan
Posted: Jan 16 2011, 04:04 AM

Radioactivity

Member No.: 1,020

QUOTE (NickOrnstein @ Jan 16 2011, 05:44 AM)
Dina (née Guerri) Manfredini made it to 2011. An article, along with a new photo of her (in Italian), has an update on her status, and a biography about her life. The article was posted yesterday (January 14). http://www.ilrestodelcarlino.it/modena/cro...nni_mezzo.shtml

Someone save this photo!

Good work, Nick!
onewarmslime
Posted: Jan 16 2011, 05:12 AM

:d <3

Member No.: 1,059

The site somehow doesn't let you right click the image and save as... but I used print screen. Here's a back up.
user posted image

I also suggest you take a look at the article. A lot of info there.
http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n...nni_mezzo.shtml

Her tip is apparently don't stop working and keep in motion.
She seems to be in a good condition (we don't see a wheelchair in the image, not that this necessarily means she doesn't use one) and she said something like:

"Even now that are in a nursing home, I try to go downstairs alone without me to have breakfast in the Room " (she) recently told the Italian relatives.

Another point of interest:
"Dina was born in Casa War Pievepelago April 4, 1897, she married Riccardo Manfredini which December 22, 1920 emigrated to the United States had four children (two males and two females). He now lives in Johnston (Iowa)."

Doesn't that count her as Italian? Or if she has an American citizenship now we consider her American?
Brendan
Posted: Jan 16 2011, 05:24 AM

Radioactivity

Member No.: 1,020

QUOTE (onewarmslime @ Jan 16 2011, 06:12 PM)
The site somehow doesn't let you right click the image and save as... but I used print screen.

Clever, mr. slime.

I ALWAYS use print screen for my supercentenarian photos, so that I can crop them in Paint later on.

I'm actually not so sure of her ancestry. Pasqualina Franco was born in Italy, but later moved to Canada. You could tell she was Italian by her name, but it isn't nearly so easy with Dina Manfredini's name.

Actress Clara Blandick was ethnically American and died in California, but was born in Hong Kong, as her father was captaining a ship. Country of birth is often, but not always an indication of nationality.

Say you were born to ethnically Indian parents, natives of India, who gave birth to you while on holiday in France. When you are a child, you eventually emigrate with your parents to France. Your "country of birth" and "country of residence" are both listed as "France", but are you ethnically French? No.

Of note: She is the oldest Italian emigrant on record, in front of Amalia Barone, who also moved to the United States.
ryoung122
Posted: Jan 16 2011, 11:53 AM

Senior Advisor

Group: Advisor
Member No.: 17

QUOTE (onewarmslime @ Jan 16 2011, 05:12 AM)
The site somehow doesn't let you right click the image and save as... but I used print screen. Here's a back up.
user posted image

I also suggest you take a look at the article. A lot of info there.
http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n...nni_mezzo.shtml

Her tip is apparently don't stop working and keep in motion.
She seems to be in a good condition (we don't see a wheelchair in the image, not that this necessarily means she doesn't use one) and she said something like:

"Even now that are in a nursing home, I try to go downstairs alone without me to have breakfast in the Room " (she) recently told the Italian relatives.

Another point of interest:
"Dina was born in Casa War Pievepelago April 4, 1897, she married Riccardo Manfredini which December 22, 1920 emigrated to the United States had four children (two males and two females). He now lives in Johnston (Iowa)."

Doesn't that count her as Italian? Or if she has an American citizenship now we consider her American?

Can someone find a larger version of this photo?
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0872 seconds | Archive