/* /*]]>*/

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Theblackandwhitearmy. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

KENDAL TOWN NEWS >>>>

*** KENDAL TOWN NEWS ***

BREAKING NEWS

THE NEW KENDAL TOWN FC WEBSITE HAS BEEN LAUNCHED...TO ACCESS IT GO TO

www.kendaltownfootballclub.co.uk

KENDAL TOWN FC ONLINE CLUB SHOP IS LAUNCHED

KTFC 1 NANTWICH 0

NEXT GAME :-KTFC V NORTH FERRIBY UNITED SATURDAY 29TH OCTOBER KICK OFF 3.00PM

<<<< KENDAL TOWN NEWS

The Park Carry On
mr minty
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 08:04 PM

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,039

I read in the Westmorland gazette that ashy says we have a low budget.
Is this because the club has had no income from the park!
Munslow says the club own the park and have the lease to prove it. I have been told the park have always contributed to the club through the supporters club and then it would be passed on, if that is true then surely if they have only paid a small donation then were has the money being going to.
I can only think that walker, Willan and Nicholson are lining there own pockets.
If I am wrong then can someone from the club or the park explain to me we're the money is going
joew
Posted: Apr 28 2012, 08:15 AM

supporter

Member No.: 64

I cannot say anything about years gone by, but in the last three years there has been NO FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTION from The Park to the Supporters Club.

Marra
Posted: Apr 28 2012, 11:23 AM

supporter

Member No.: 881

I can't make head nor tail of what's happening. If the club owns The Park and has the lease to prove it, how did the present incumbents come to have control of it?
mr minty
Posted: Apr 28 2012, 02:30 PM

Member No.: 1,039

This needs sorting for the club to progress

This post has been edited by mr minty on Apr 28 2012, 02:34 PM
cammy
Posted: Apr 28 2012, 02:37 PM

Football crazy

Member No.: 31

This is how I understand it.
The supporters club used to run the park, then David Atkinson came along and spent a lot of money to turn it into a night club. He paid rent to the supporters club who then passed it onto the football club. Parkside then bought it off Atkinson, I don't know what the bought?
Parkside Kendal then continued with the same rent agreement by paying the groundsman cost per season. When the new directors took over from David Willan we had the park independently valued and discovered that the rent was far too little. We told them that we would be raising the rent last June unless they tided the interior up and make it more welcoming for people using it. This was agreed and when things didn't change we put the rent up, they have not paid since then apart from a small donation to the groundsmen.
The people running the park are keeping all monies for themselves and refusing to co-operating with us. We have had no choice but to take legal advice. We are pursuing the matter in the best interests of the football club. If we can get it back 100% of all profits will go back into improving the club.
These are my views
Marra
Posted: Apr 28 2012, 06:21 PM

supporter

So, the point at issue seems to be what exactly was bought by Parkside. And what arrangement, if any, the football club and the new incumbents came to following the deal. Is it too late for compromise? A protracted legal battle is the last thing we need.
Chelsea
Posted: Apr 29 2012, 03:59 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (Marra @ Apr 28 2012, 07:21 PM)
So, the point at issue seems to be what exactly was bought by Parkside. And what arrangement, if any, the football club and the new incumbents came to following the deal. Is it too late for compromise? A protracted legal battle is the last thing we need.

I totally agree.However the last contact made with Mr Willan ended with him slamming the phone down. His behaviour has been nothing short of disgraceful over this and other issues. For a former Chairman to act as he is doing does make you wonder what his agenda actually is. It certainly isn't to assist the football club redcard.gif angry.gif

--------------------
Our Club, Our Community, Our Town

Sir Tom Finney is our Club President...FACT

user posted image
rsefitpro2007
Posted: Apr 30 2012, 07:33 AM

Football crazy

Member No.: 11

I just think the whole situation is getting complicated, The progress of the club is being held up because of this which isn't acceptable!

The Parks actually Kendal Towns isnt it?. The club have documents to prove it dont they?

If thats the case then shouldnt that be enough to remove Parkside LTD from The Park?

Or am i totally getting the wrong end of the stick on this?

I just hope this is sorted out soon!

Marra
Posted: Apr 30 2012, 01:51 PM

supporter

I'm with you, rsefitpro, and wondering whether I've also got hold of the wrong end of the stick. Which leads me to think that ownership of the Park premises must be a bit more complicated than it would appear.
Chelsea
Posted: Apr 30 2012, 06:22 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

The Clark Foundation own the ground and the clubhouse. This is not in question at all. The complications arise from the leasing of the ground and the sub-letting of the clubhouse by SLDC. The "occupants" of the clubhouse have no more than squatters' rights. They agreed to pay rent. But since last summer, they have failed to do so. The football club have taken legal advice and we are now pursuing the options open to us.

--------------------
Our Club, Our Community, Our Town

Sir Tom Finney is our Club President...FACT

user posted image
Marra
Posted: May 1 2012, 08:36 AM

supporter

Thanks for that, Chelsea. But what was the issue which caused them to stop paying rent?
cammy
Posted: May 1 2012, 10:09 AM

Football crazy

Member No.: 31

They stopped paying the month the rent was due to rise, they knew it was going up as we gave them 12 months notice.
rsefitpro2007
Posted: May 1 2012, 02:42 PM

Football crazy

Member No.: 11

Lets hope that this matter can be somehow resolved, for the good of the club and its supporters!

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0582 seconds | Archive
kendal town