Welcome to Tallygarunga Academy of Magic. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
- Are you a Leader?: Applications are now being taken for Student Leadership and Captain positions. Positions are available for students of all year levels. To find out more, look here: Leadership Applications - Looking for: Ministry positions - including Victorian Minister for Magic, and Minister for Magical Education & Training. Hospital staff, and residents always welcome - not to mention students! Much love for all new characters. See Positions Available for more information!
Headmaster Alan Burdett [x]
Lachlan Manere [x]
Group: Head Professor
Member No.: 372
Joined: 31-July 06
Avatars & Signature Banners These are the rules regarding appropriate image use, for character representation.
General Usage Rules:
1. Hold it, Rover! Wait for the signal.
We have a few specifications for the celebrities/etc chosen to portray characters on our board. This means all avatar (or PB) choices must be approved by admin before images are posted on the board. Do not put your images in until you have recieved approval. Failure to do so will result in the images being removed until an administrator has verified and approved your choice.
2. What to look for in a celebrity playby.
In order to keep with privacy laws and common sense, we have a few guidelines regarding avatar choice.
1. The images cannot be of the character's player, or any general person. Taking images from a person's myspace is a violation of privacy, and is not allowed here. In the interests of personal safety, we do not allow MySpace/Facebook etc as a source of images. The person must be well known enough that we can find multiple sources of information on them. We are not demanding A-list here, just not poor unsuspecting Average Joe.
2. The chosen Avatar/PB must be within 7-10 years of the characters age currently. This eliminates the chance of eleven year olds being unrealistically busty brunettes with bedroom eyes. I've never seen an eleven year old with a double D-cup, so let's not start here. Fantasy is all well and good, but let's keep it a little bit real, eh?
3. Other images are permitted. If you choose not to portray your character as a celebrity, you may include objects in your signature and avatar that reflect your characters personality. But in the interest of Admin sanity, we ask that no cartoon-based characters be used. Please insert <'Holy Sheep!'> as one of the five keywords so we may verify you have read this information.
3. Getting your choice approved
All applications have an Avatar Choice field at the bottom. It is not necessary to make a choice upon application, and choices may be changed at later date. If you choose not to apply for an avatar with your character - answer "None". When you do select your avatar, PM an Admin with your choice first. Once it has been approved and your claim added to the list, you will be permitted to upload graphics.
4. Appropriate use of images on Tallygarunga..
We like to keep a family friendly board. This means your images may not contain nudity, profanity, racial slurs, references to drugs, sexual content, violence, homophobic and religious abuse. Graphics violating this rule will be removed instantly, and the player warned. Most of this is common sense. If you wouldn't show it to your grandmother - it's not needed here.
Avatars & Signatures:
Pity those with slow internet, and be considerate.
Yes, some people do still use dial up so please please please take that into consideration and understand that because of this a signature banner may not be any larger than 500 pixels long and 250 pixels tall. Please insert <'Lenard is da bomb!'> as one of the five (5) keywords so we may verify you have read this information.Anything taller than this, you will receive a warning from Admin and have 7 days to resize it.
Yes! You may have more that one image. So long as...
You may have a total of two (2) signature banners for a combined height of 500 pixels.
Should you choose to use buttons to link to your biography, journal, skills, powers and the like, please keep them to a maximum size of 50 pixels tall and 100 pixels long.
Awesome! So what can I put in my images?
Banners can contain lyrics, quotes etc and your characters name and/or nickname. As well as images of your character of course and they must follow the general graphic rules.
Thanks for the banner, Marielle! Igor for President!