Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Star Trek Liberator. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

The strangest thing happened..., (Open to anyone who's inclined)
Mally
Posted: Apr 23 2011, 09:05 PM

Chief Operations Officer
Group Icon

Group: Senior Staff
Member No.: 37

It was quiet... on the bridge. Tinnerman had watch this turn at Avalon station. There were many folks that were busy though making repairs and the likes. She really didn't expect much activity considering it was late evening and those who were station side were likely to be settling in for sleep if they were on day shift.

So she went back to her system scans and the project she had been working on for the Captain. Fixing all the system issues she had helped cause that hadn't been found by others. Fun. Sifting through file upon file and line upon line of code, correcting minor things as she went.

At first it the sound didn't register to the officer because she had been so focused. Then the whooshing, whirling... very distinctive sound... caught her attention and she started to look around to find out where it was coming from. "What the bloody hells fire..." She muttered as this blue... thing appeared in the middle of the bridge.

Instinctively, reaching for where her phaser would be if she were on an away team, Malisade realized she was not armed. Being docked, Liberator had not been shielded... and why hadn't the intruder alert gone off? Tapping her console command to make it go off.

It was a box. It had 'Police Box' written on it in black and white. Standing up to get a better look at it. The Ops officer came around her position. At that same moment the door opened, startling Tinnerman who instinctively took a step backwards to tumble back over her own console.

" 'Ello." The man who emerged stated. Immediately coming to her assistance, offering Tinnerman his hand. "Sorry about that." Smiling chipperly at her while she debated accepting the help. "Though it seems to be happening fairly often. I need to work on parking her in less noticeable areas." He rattled on more to himself than to Tinnerman. "Well... are you going to just stay there on the floor?" Wiggling the fingers on his outstretched hand at the woman.

Blinking again slightly chagrined, Malisade took the hand thought considering he had just appeared unannounced on the bridge she really shouldn't have. But there was a charm to this one with his brown hair all mussed, long coat, blue suit with what she recognized as 'tennis shoes' from way back in Earth's history. Helping her to her feet with no further comment, just a grin.

"Who are you?"

"The Doctor." He replied, meeting her green eyes with his own dark ones.

"The Doctor?"

"That's me." Giving her grin, finding something entertaining about that.

"Doctor who?"

"Exactly." Mally shook her head giving up. "Where am I?"

"USS Liberator." He didn't seem phased by it. Just looked around, stuffing his hands in his pockets. "Where were you expecting to be?" Mally asked.

"What's that noise?"

"Our intruder alert." Crossing her arms, trying to look stern, but getting the feeling he was just finding her entertaining.

"Ah...Well...I had been shooting for... ?" Snapping his fingers together to try to call the information up. "Aivron? No... not that one. Viaron? No..."

"Norvia?" Tinnerman answered dryly figuring it out by the letters in the names he had used.

"That's it! I wanted to see the golden age of...Wait, what year is this?"

Before Tinnerman could answer, the lift doors opened and several folks piled out.

(Open tag to anyone who might want to have fun with this... I am using David Tennant's Doctor because I'm not so keen on Matt Smith as of yet. Loved Eccleston but few really knew him as the Doctor.)

--------------------
Lieutenant J.G. Malisade Tinnerman
Chief Operations Officer
USS Liberator NX-85472
Mally
Posted: May 29 2011, 05:06 PM

Chief Operations Officer
Group Icon

"Well... 'Ello." The stranger said to the newcomers. Taking their appearance in stride. "Draconian? How fascinating." Eying Omega. Mally waving everyone to stay near the lift but knowing just by the set of Seamus' jaw he wasn't likely to listen.

"That's Omega." She offered. "Omega, this is the Doctor. Though a Doctor of what..." She looked at their intruder before finishing. "... I have no idea."

"Nice to meet you." The Doctor replied.

Tinnerman reached back to her console to get the ship to scan details on their visitor since he seemed a bit distracted by the newly arrived. She also took that moment to put force fields up around the bridge. Also immediately closing the channel to Avalon that she had opened earlier to upload the latest information on and since it was a two way she didn't want them to start squawking on about the feedback and lack of activity. She also wasn't about to loose this intruder because he opted to step back into his box and vanish. Carlos and Pete both would have her hide.

--------------------
Chief Operations Officer
USS Liberator NX-85472
Seamus Zelazny Harper
Posted: Sep 5 2011, 04:14 PM

Chief Engineer
Group Icon

Member No.: 16

"Well... 'Ello." The stranger said to the newcomers. Taking their appearance in stride. "Draconian? How fascinating." Eying Omega. Mally waving everyone to stay near the lift but knowing just by the set of Seamus' jaw he wasn't likely to listen.

"That's Omega." She offered. "Omega, this is the Doctor. Though a Doctor of what..." She looked at their intruder before finishing. "... I have no idea."

"Nice to meet you." The Doctor replied.

At first Seamus looked at the offered hand before him as if it were crawling with Denobulan slugs. Then he took it in his own hand and gave it a strong shake. “Likewise, Doctor…..”

Seamus gave Mally a look to see that she had placed force fields around not only the consoles on the bridge, but also the big blue box now there. Visual cues were exchanged between him and the two armed Security Officers and they lowered their weapons, though keeping them in hand.

[ooc: Hope you don’t mind here, Omega. Moving forward. :end ooc]
Omega took out his tricorder and started running scans of the Doctor and his blue box.

“Oh, run all the scans you want, you beautiful reptilian, you.” The Doctor raised his hands and turned slowly to allow Omega to run a full scan.

Seamus opened his mouth to say something and hesitated slightly at the comment to the Science Officer next to him.

“So wot are ya doin, are you trying to catch flies? Go ahead and ask your questions there……” the Doctor started with tongue full in cheek and a huge smile.

Seamus closed his mouth with an audible click of his jaw and then said, “Harper. Lieutenant Seamus Harper. I’m the Chief Engineer. You may call me Mister Harper.”

“Oh, isn’t that lovely. Mister Harper.” The Doctor smiled brightly and shook Seamus’ hand again. “Now, you have questions. I’m sure lots of questions. Well, go on then.”

Seamus looked at Mally and asked, “when did he….. appear?” The question seemed to vex the Engineer more than normal. Annoyed at the alarm still sounding, he said, "Computer, stand down intruder alert."

The computer stopped sounding the alarm and made a series of bleeps.

As an afterthought, Seamus said to the ship-wide comm system, "all departments. Status report."

<tags to all>

--------------------
Lieutenant Seamus Zelazny Harper
Commanding Officer USS Shadow SCX-87418
Former Chief Engineer USS Liberator
Authorization Code: Omega Epsilon 34712
Starfleet Purple Heart recipient
Cochrane Award recipient

"There isn't anything I can't fix.....'cept maybe a broken heart." - S. Harper   "DON'T EVER LET THEM PROMOTE YOU!" - L. McCoy   "I intend to recommend you all for promotion, in whatever fleet we end up serving." J. Kirk
Mally
Posted: Sep 5 2011, 06:27 PM

Chief Operations Officer
Group Icon

Seamus looked at Mally and asked, “when did he….. appear?” The question seemed to vex the Engineer more than normal. Annoyed at the alarm still sounding, he said, "Computer, stand down intruder alert."

Malisade couldn't help the slight quirk of her lips at the humor of the situation. "The Doctor appeared on the Bridge three minutes ago." She replied evenly. Letting Harper get the status reports he was looking for. Watching Omega's tail swish back and forth though not sure if he was swishing his tail out of annoyance or amusement.

"Questions?" Tinnerman responded to their visitor. "Oh, there are plenty of questions."

The Doctor's smile got just a little bigger as she stepped just a little closer to him. "Wot's your name?" He interrupted her.

"Lieutenant JG Malisade Tinnerman."

"Is that entire thing your your name?"

"No. The first part is my rank." Mally replied, realizing by the look on the Doctor's face he was messing with her. "Smart a..." She muttered under her breath.

"Wot?"

"Oh Nothing..."

"Wot?" The Doctor was a bit more serious that time though he was clearly enjoying the entire adventure.

Crossing her arms against her chest again, Tinnerman finally looked the other man in the eye. "I said that you were a smart arse." Watching his smile brighten even more and actually reaching his eyes.

"So what else do they call you Malisade Tinnerman?" The Doctor asked taking a step closer while looking about the Bridge.

"Mally." She responded. "You don't seem surprised at all by these surroundings." Looking back at Harper and then back over to Omega.

"Not really. " Placing his hand on Tinnerman's shoulder, causing her to jump. "Sorry." Removing his hand rather quickly considering the look he had gotten from Harper. "This is a standard Warp drive vessel." He shrugged. "Though I must say the interior is quiet elegant." Smiling at Mally and then turning his attention back toward Omega. "Quite the treat running into a Draconian out in this part of space also."

Judging by the set of Seamus' jaw, Mally decided to ask the question that they all were wondering about. "How did you get here and why where you looking for Norvia?"

<Open Tags>

--------------------
Chief Operations Officer
USS Liberator NX-85472
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.3573 seconds | Archive

Bravo Fleet Banner Exchange

Obsidian Fleet Banner Exchange

'Star Trek' and it's related material are the copyrights of Paramount. No infringement on these copyrights are intended. This site is for non-profit purposes.

Star Trek: Liberator material is the property of Carlos and Arman; use without prior permission is prohibited.

Star Trek: Liberator site material and images are the property of Aaron Dagley, unless otherwise stated, and were created for their sole use for Carlos and Arman in Star Trek: Liberator; use without prior permission is strictly prohibited.

You can contact Carlos, Arman or Aaron Dagley through this forum.