Create a free forum in seconds.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Star Trek Liberator. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (31) « First ... 29 30 [31]  ( Go to first unread post ) Add ReplyNew Topic

'Heal', IC (In Character) FORUM ONLY
Seamus Zelazny Harper
Posted: Feb 17 2010, 01:35 PM

Chief Engineer
Group Icon

Group: Senior Staff
Member No.: 16

Personal log…..
It’s been a month since I rescued Mally from Kraven’s clutches. Since then she’s been through treatments that stripped the chemicals from her system and brought her to some sense of normalcy. Doc Eulenburg put her through physical therapy and it looks like she’s made a full recovery. I know better.

The Shadow is due to dock at Avalon Station tomorrow and I can’t help but feel some sense of foreboding with Mally and myself returning to the Liberator when she pulls back in for supplies and R & R…..

<Tag Carlos & Pete>

[OOC: Hey Carlos & Pete, if you want to just wrap up things with the planet and get the Liberator back to Avalon we can finish up the situation with Seamus and Mally returning to the Liberator that I had already email you about. Cin and I await your decision. In the meantime we may just have to write another steamy sex scene or perhaps have them jump ship and run off on another grand adventure. Mwahahaha: end OOC]

--------------------
Lieutenant Seamus Zelazny Harper
Commanding Officer USS Shadow SCX-87418
Former Chief Engineer USS Liberator
Authorization Code: Omega Epsilon 34712
Starfleet Purple Heart recipient
Cochrane Award recipient

"There isn't anything I can't fix.....'cept maybe a broken heart." - S. Harper   "DON'T EVER LET THEM PROMOTE YOU!" - L. McCoy   "I intend to recommend you all for promotion, in whatever fleet we end up serving." J. Kirk
USS Shadow
Posted: May 7 2010, 03:11 AM

Group Icon

Group: Characters
Member No.: 278

(OOC: Moving along so this can be finished. Doesn't do any good to leave an arc unfinished. Cin)

[OOC:Thanks, babe. I've added a slight edit here to what we wrote. There were a couple of things wrong with how it read when I checked it over again. :end OOC]

The conference room had been rearranged. The pair of officers acting as guards were in place. Captain Corrigan had chosen Alexi and Tavyn from Harper’s team. This Inquiry was not a private matter but he felt the odds of a less confrontational meeting were an improvement with people who knew the man being questioned and reprimanded.

Marcus had gained considerable insight in his conversations with the woman in his Sickbay. Even further insights when he dove into her files and logs. No one ever enjoyed this part of the job. This particular case was proving to be worse then most. “Have him come in.” The Captain of the Shadow stood behind the desk waiting for Seamus to take his place opposite him, in the clearing at the middle of the room.

Once Harper was in place and 'at attention', Corrigan gave the other man permission to stand at ease before sitting down himself. “Lieutenant Commander Harper, you are aware of why you are here?”

“Yes sir.” The Engineer replied, lifting his chin slightly.

“Do you have anything you would like to say on your behalf before I begin?” Making certain to meet Harper’s hot gaze.

“Not at this time, Sir. I would however, like permission to clarify points as we come to them.”

“I will allow that within reason.” Marcus stated evenly, pausing to look at the array of Padds before him. He selected the one that held the list of charges. “Lieutenant Commander Seamus Zelazny Harper, you have been called before this Inquiry for the following reasons: Striking a higher ranking officer; several counts of disobeying direct orders from your commanding officers; Theft of the runabout Glory that eventually led to her destruction.” Pausing to switch to a different Padd, he looked up at the officer before him, knowing by the set of Harper’s jaw that Seamus was keeping a tight rein on his comments and emotions.

“From the reports and interviews of Miss Tinnerman and yourself, there are mitigating circumstances that swirl around these issues that make this considerably less clear cut then I would like. There are several external issues that have gone all the way up to the heads of Starfleet and come back. And some lesser matters that I will address before the end of this Inquiry.” Leaning back in the chair a little bit, Captain Corrigan regarded the Engineer solemnly. “You realize that these charges are very severe?”

“Yes sir, I do.”

“Do you have anything to say on the matter of striking a higher ranking officer?”

That was twice now that Harper had heard Corrigan state the charge as higher ranking, instead of superior officer. He wasn't quite sure what to make of it as he responded, “Simply that any crewmember’s life should not be so blatantly disregarded or thrown away, Sir. Starfleet does not spend years training and advancing its members to have them left behind.” He deliberately separated his feelings for Mally from the statement and left the overall thought.

“Noted.” Marcus moved on to the next item. “You disobeyed orders from Liberator’s Captain as well as orders from me. I am aware that this issue ties into the prior matter but if you had responded to my orders we would have likely come to your assistance. Do you have any statement on that matter?”

Blue eyes were stormy with suppressed rage. “With all due respect, Sir, 'likely' would have meant the 'likely' death of Lieutenant Tinnerman and the 'likely' chance that Kraven would have gotten information from the Lieutenant on what she knew about the Liberator and the Shadow.”

As much as the senior officer understood, he also had to make the next point clear. “An order from a Commanding officer, as you are well aware Mister Harper, is something that everyone onboard a Starship needs to heed, especially this far from the Federation and Starfleet.”

“Understood, Sir. But certain Commanding Officers also need to start taking care with how they handle their staff and crew, ...especially this far out from the Federation and Starfleet.”

“Noted. We know how the Glory was destroyed and the overall impact of the damage to the planet Tricore's surface where you crash landed. There was no interference with possible developing cultures there so the weight of this charge is being reduced to a reprimand.” He let that news sink in. "Moving on." Picking up a different Padd, Marcus spared a look at the two men standing at the doorway. They were doing their level best to remain impassive but both, he could tell, were siding with Harper so far.

Pressing his commbadge, Corrigan spoke again. =/\= “Patch Admiral Mason through.” =/\= Keeping his own expression stony, the Shadow’s Captain turned slightly to address the viewscreen that now bore the bland expression of Admiral Mason. =/\= “Admiral, you have been updated on the happenings with this Inquiry. Given the nature of the entire matter and the fact that both Harper and Tinnerman were acting under Special Operations orders I have requested you weigh in on these charges.” =/\=

Mason’s gaze swept the room. =/\= “Where is Lieutenant Tinnerman?” =/\=

=/\= “Still in Sickbay, Sir.” =/\= Corrigan replied dryly. =/\= “I have taken her statements. They are part of the records you were transmitted.” =/\=

=/\= “Why would you want Tinnerman here, Sir?” =/\= Harper shot defensively. =/\= “She’s not in violation of any orders. She was kidnapped.” =/\=

The look from Mason could’ve seared a hole in the bulkhead. =/\= “Because she has not reported in to me in some time and is considerably overdue on her reports.” =/\=

=/\= “You mean the reports that Sloan had redirected?” =/\= Seamus asked. =/\= “Along with some of the other issues we had here on the Shadow while we were trying to capture Sloan.” =/\= He could see Marcus stiffen in his seat uncomfortably. =/\= “Oh, I’m fully aware of some of the underhanded issues going on Admiral. I have five words for you on that matter. Leave. Her. Out. Of. This.” =/\=

=/\=“You have no right to make that demand.” =/\= Mason stated coldly. His eyes narrowed at the Engineer.

=/\= “If you want your Pandora’s box kept shut, you will. You will not activate Malisade Tinnerman for any tasks in the future. Let the woman heal from all the other damage you’ve done to her over the last two years.” =/\=

Everyone witnessing the conversation knew Harper was walking a blades edge. =/\= “She’s of little use to me right now anyway.” =/\= he said blandly. It was the closest Mason was going to come to agreeing. Clearly annoyed, he said, =/\= “Captain Corrigan, you know my thoughts on the issues. I have to attend a briefing. Handle the rest of this and send me the report.” =/\= With that, Mason’s image winked out. Everyone seemed to sigh in relief.

Captain Corrigan turned back to look the Engineer in the eye before continuing. “Lieutenant Commander Seamus Zelazny Harper, because of the infractions against you, the normal consequence would be dismissal from Starfleet as well as time in a prison colony.” He let it sink in before continuing, “Given your years of service and the respect you have earned on this ship as well as throughout the ranks the decision was made to demote you to Lieutenant instead.” Corrigan could see the surprise on Harper’s face and that of his teammates by the door. “We will be meeting with Liberator in a couple of hours, where you will be sent to assume your post as Chief Engineer. Now I need to have a conversation with Captain Carlos. Dismissed.”

"Aye, Sir." Before turning to go, Harper asked, "what about the Prowlers?"

Marcus sized him up and added, "Harper, you're a good officer. I went to bat for you on that one with Mason and he agreed that as long as you are fit for duty you can still be called to take command of Prime Team 26 when necessary."

The Captain looked to the two guards by the door. "Please see Lieutenant Harper to his quarters."

Relieved and more concerned than he had been before, Seamus turned to face his comrades. Shaken, shocked, and any number of other feelings succumbed him but he did his best to hide it. “You’re one lucky dog.” Alexi muttered from Harper’s right.

The trio left the conference room and made their way to Harper's quarters. “Not really, I still have to work with Carlos. After all, I did deck him.”

“Marcus is having a little talk with Captain Carlos.” His other teammate, Tavyn added with a slight grin. “He was pretty livid after talking with your girl there about things. The Docs told him she was being blatantly truthful with everything, given what they’ve had to use to scrub that crap from her system.”

“How’s she doing?” Harper asked.

“Better than she was.” Alexi answered him quietly. “They’re limiting her interactions right now because of the treatments.”

“That’s good.” Though Seamus really didn’t sound so happy about it.

--------------------
Captain Marcus Corrigan(Command)
Lieutenant Tavyn Hudson(Operations)(PT-26)
Lieutenant Hosato Tanaka(Communications)(PT-26)
Lieutenant Alexi Sokolov(Weapons)(PT-26)
Lieutenant Dirk O'Donnell(Science)(PT-26)
Lieutenant jg. Bernard Cranston(Science)(PT-26)
Commander Hans Eulenburg(CMO)
Lieutenant jg. Kaywinnit Lee Jenkins (Chief Engineer)
Played by Seamus Zelazny Harper
USS Shadow
Posted: May 7 2010, 03:15 AM

Group Icon

=/\= “Get me Captain Carlos.” =/\= Corrigan hadn’t left the conference room. This was not something he was looking forward to, but it was something he was compelled to address.

=/\= “Liberator is asking what type of communication you need, Captain.” =/\= Tanaka, the Communications Officer asked.

=/\= “Secured and in his Ready Room.” =/\= Marcus stated.

A few moments later Carlos appeared. =/\= “Captain Corrigan, how can I be of assistance?” =/\= The words bit like a rattlesnake.

Both men clearly were not thrilled with having to speak to one another, but respect and protocol were the driving forces for the continued conversation. =/\= “I need to have a discussion with you in regards to Lieutenants Harper and Tinnerman.” =/\= Carlos didn't react to the news of Seamus' demotion. It didn't surprise Marcus when Carlos replied.

=/\= “I’ve already been notified that both will be returning to the Liberator.” =/\= Carlos stated distractedly.

=/\= “Yes. I would prefer a different assignment for them, but given our location and the needs of the Federation that is not an option.” =/\= Marcus stated a little sharply. =/\= “So I need to address your treatment of them when they arrive.” =/\=

=/\= “Well, if you’re expecting me to pull out the stops and have a party after being assaulted by Harper… you’ve got another thing coming, Marcus.” =/\= Carlos retorted.

=/\= “No. I’m not asking that at all, but I am asking you to have a care with them.” =/\= The other Captain responded. =/\= “The notes I took from the interview with Tinnerman, and even the interview with Harper are showing a disturbing trend of neglect when it comes to actually paying attention to your senior officers.” =/\=

=/\= “I listen to them.” =/\= The Karrlito snapped.

=/\= “That is not what I said. Pay attention to your senior officers. Realize that they aren’t perfect little copies of you. Realize that they have their needs when it comes to encouragement from their Captain and Commander. You are who they look to for guidance and reassurance. Not a tongue lashing or snide comments when there is an honest problem.” =/\=

=/\= “What do you know of the situation? You weren’t here in my seat.” =/\=

=/\= “No... but I spent two hours talking with a woman who is completely terrified that when she gets back to Liberator she’s going to be shuffled back into the brig for being kidnapped. This same person in her sleep screams and whimpers about bush munching and various other torments that seem to include your First Officer and yourself.” =/\= Marcus stated evenly, though his eyebrows rose at the descriptive terminology. =/\= “So I worry about returning that bright mind back to your care, Captain Carlos. Especially now that her memories seem to have been mostly returned by some fluke in chemistry or by some divine spirit taking interest in her case and pardoning her. Whatever it is, I would like assurances that matters will be handled with a bit more care in the future.” =/\=

=/\= “Her issues are not one sided. She caused a good deal of her own problems.” =/\=

=/\= “She was under orders.” =/\= Marcus bit out the words. =/\= “That came from much higher up the food chain than you, Captain.” =/\=

=/\= “That may well be... but she put us all in danger.” =/\= Carlos was not thrilled with this conversation at all, and having another Captain, albeit senior to him, questioning his treatment of the problems he had to deal with while out in this quadrant of space. He actually did like Mally, she had just been trouble for him over the last couple of years.

=/\= “Listen... You were tossed out here in hard circumstances. Field promoted to Captain. You’re doing well, but this is an area that needs some work. Believe me, I had to be sat down and talked to a couple times when I first made Captain because I was still in the mindset of flying solo. You can’t keep that mindset if you want to keep their respect.” =/\=

=/\= “Thank you for the lecture. Are we through?” =/\= His words bordered on contempt at this point.

The older Captain’s face softened somewhat. =/\= “Not yet. You’ll have to come to terms with Mister Harper. He’s a good officer... and a good man.” =/\=

=/\= “When he’s not throwing punches over troublesome women.” =/\= Carlos muttered.

=/\= “Mind your comments, Captain.” =/\= Marcus snapped.

=/\= “Do you expect me to forgive and forget what happened?” =/\= Carlos growled back.

=/\= “No... I don’t. I was hoping you would be a better man than that.” =/\=

Carlos felt the sting of those words but bit back a retort. Instead, he just asked, =/\= "will that be all?" =/\=

=/\= "I should hope so." =/\= Pausing, Captain Corrigan finished with, =/\= "Listen Carlos. I really hope we can meet again under better circumstances. We’ll be in the quadrant monitoring the situation with the planet Tricore for the time being. Commander Shadow, out." =/\= The screen went black once the comm link was closed.

Carlos sat back in his chair and reflected on the conversation.

[OOC: Carlos is aware of this post and it can be modified if need be. :end OOC]

--------------------
USS Shadow
Posted: May 7 2010, 03:17 AM

Group Icon

The Shadow linked up with the Liberator and two very fatigued Starfleet Officers had a brief reprieve before returning to duty. Tinnerman was transferred from the Sickbay on Shadow to the one on Liberator because of all that she had been through. Kraven's torture had done a real number on the fragile Operations Officer. Harper, on the other hand, recovering from his wounds, had been working out the aches with physical therapy and meditation. The slash to his face, superficial as it was, left a jagged, ugly scar down his left cheek that as a matter or course he wouldn't allow the doctors to mend.

--------------------

Seamus returned to the Liberator wondering if he was going to be greeted as a pariah. Still wearing the grey over black uniform he changed into just before leaving the Shadow, he looked down to the gurney where Mally lay next to him on the transporter pad. She had been sedated for transport so problems would be minimized. She gave him a weak smile that he found more reassuring than he normally would under the circumstances.

The reunion in the Transporter Room was strained to say the least. The people Seamus was closest to from the Engineering Department treated him as though he was a Knight returning from the Crusades. Other than that, Carlos and Pete didn't show and the few others that did didn't seem as happy to see him and Mally, that they were only interested in seeing the 'damaged goods' that had been brought aboard. He had a feeling that even though Marcus had spoke with Carlos on everything that happened, he and Mally still had a long road ahead of them in mending their relationships with many of the crew.

Then, once everyone else had filed out of the Transporter Room, from behind Chief Blantouk a familiar Dragon appeared. Her trumpeting shook the burley Rigelian as he did not see her. When he turned around to see what had made that noise, he was nearly bowled over as Vyxrethlyn shot past him and pounced on Seamus.

The only thing that prevented the Transporter Chief from using his phaser on the small Dragon was the laughter coming from Seamus as the Dragon licked his face.

Once Seamus was finally allowed to get back to his feet he said, “Mally, “Big John”… this is Vyxrethlyn. She’s a…”

“D-d-dragon!”

--------------------

Vyxrethlyn had moved right in with Seamus and started nesting in his bedding like she did on the Shadow. For the first few days, however, she decided it best to remain in his quarters so she didn’t spook the rest of the crew. Seamus had given her “the lecture” about not scaring the cats. She did her level best to act like she understood.

--------------------

Several days later, when the two wayward Officers had settled into a strained routine of R&R mixed with therapy sessions with the ship's Counselor, Seamus found himself wandering the corridors. Forgetting that he had been ordered to take it easy, Seamus entered Main Engineering and went to his office without saying hello to the Engineering Officer of the Watch. He had too many things on his mind that needed addressing. Most of which involved writing log entries to ensure there was a record of what had happened. He had a feeling it would make him feel better if he went through and rewrote the last report he submitted to Captain Corrigan on the Shadow.

--------------------
Mally
Posted: May 7 2010, 03:50 AM

Chief Operations Officer
Group Icon

Member No.: 37

I remembered black skies

The darker sections of the charcoal grey tank top were starting to fade for the moment. Mally wasn’t paying much attention to the rumpled, dampened state of her clothing especially stuck in an isolation unit on Liberator. She hadn’t seen anyone since she’d arrived beside Omega and the occasional security officer. She was pretty certain Harper hadn’t been around simply because they were either keeping him busy in Engineering or he was locked up in the Brig. Tinnerman was hoping it the prior verses the latter.

the lightning all around me

Sitting cross legged on the bed and savoring the fact that the treatments were finally getting further apart so she wasn’t living in constant, nonstop overload. Now she had time to relax for the next half hour or so. Taking the quiet time to reconnect with the memories that had re-emerged to piece together what had happened over all.

I remembered each flash

On several things Malisade was very confused. What had caused Arman to loathe her so much after her memory loss to be such a prick? Carlos, she had a very clear picture on what had happened there. David Avakar was the other big question mark she still didn’t fully understand. But she knew where Seamus stood as surely as she knew where she was sitting.

as time began to blur

Not expecting visitors, Tinnerman hadn’t anticipated anyone except maybe Omega… but not Peter Arman nor Carlos. Getting ready to make a glib comment only to stall it before she spoke. Immediately jumping from the bed to get to attention nearly toppling in the process of moving too quickly. “Sirs?”

Like a startling sign

“At ease.” Carlos waved a hand for Mally to return to whatever it was she had been doing. Watching the wariness in her expression and body language as she took a seat on the edge of the biobed. “Omega informed us that we could check on you.”

that fate had finally found me

“So here you are.” Tinnerman answered quietly, finding her bare feet interesting all of a sudden.

“Yep.” Pete replied. All of them feeling the awkwardness rather keenly.

And your voice was all I heard

Being emotionally raw and unruly, Mally broke the tense silence. “I know you both have other places you’d rather be and other things to be doing… so why are you here?” Watching both men exchange looks. “And you can’t tell me it’s a welfare check.” Her tone stayed civil and relatively respectful.

That I get what I deserve

Pete actually spoke up first. “We wanted the chance to talk to you earlier but Omega didn’t see enough improvement in your condition to allow visitors.”

So give me reason

“You’ll need to thank him for that.”

“Why’s that?” Arman asked.

“He’s protected you.”

“How’s that?”

to prove me wrong

Pulling her knees up to her chest with her feet poised on the edge of the biobed, Malisade regarded both of them with just her green eyes showing over her knees. It was slightly unnerving to see them haunted and wild as both men were. “I’m sure you knew what this procedure was doing to me.” Her voice whispered and harsh.

to wash this

“Cleansing the chemicals in your system of a compound introduced by Kraven.” The XO replied slightly confused.

memory clean

Taking a long breath that made her body shake to let it out as slowly before stepping up to correct him. “You make it sound so simple. Every chemical in the human body effects different systems. Mostly the chemicals regulate basic functions that can tolerate changes, but they also mix and blend as our emotions change. So when you strip one chemical and then another…” She watched both men pale a little bit as the realization sunk in fully as to what the reports were talking about. “Wanna talk about violent mood swings?”

Let the floods cross the distance in your eyes

It may have sounded like a joke but the eyes and lack of expression from the woman speaking the words made it clear it was anything but a joke. As much as Carlos didn’t like it when his crew suffered, in this case it seemed to have distilled Tinnerman down into a purer essence of herself. Still wild, but not in the same way she had been when they had first started this adventure. Very sharp in a manner that spoke of all the hells she’d lived through recently that was accented by the shadows under her cheeks that were from healing bones and body. Intelligent. Mally had always been intelligent but her green eyes seemed to be more aware of it’s need.

Give me reason

“So…” Breaking the silence again, Malisade didn’t move from her position. “…what is it you need from me? I know Omega will be coming soon for the next treatment.”

“To check…”

to fill this hole

“No.” She snapped. Fixing her gaze on Peter. “You are not here to check on me. What is it you need, Commander.” The words coming so sharply and forcefully that all present could hear her teeth collide as she formed the words.

connect the space between

For a moment Arman looked pissed and Carlos was taken aback. “Lieutenant, we have had medical giving us status of your health but not allowing us access to see you.” Pete replied unconsciously straightening against her. “I have communications from your family to give to you and a promised reply I need to give them since they had not been able to reach you or Mister Harper. I have been giving them what the CMO has been giving me, but they were growing as tired of hearing that as I was.”

Let it be enough to reach the truth that lies

Mally frowned. “Why would you be tired of hearing it? I figured you’d be glad not to have to deal with me.” Sparing a glance in Carlos’ direction as well as Pete’s.

Across this new divide

For the first time in a long while both men weren’t being flaky about things, Arman seemed sincerely sorry and Carlos seemed thoughtful. “I never realized how much damage was caused by my comments, Mally.” Pete said reluctantly. “I am just used to the gossip being a way to get around the daily duties and to keep morale up.”

There was nothing in sight

It was all Tinnerman could do not to launch herself off the bed at the Commander. “Do you have any idea how confusing and upsetting it was to try to sort out the whole ‘Bush munching’ issue with my mind scrambled? I also really didn’t like being referred to as Trout face.”

but memories left abandoned

“I’ll apologize for the bush munching, but you earned the trout face for jumping ship.” Pete shot back.

There was nowhere to hide

“Gee, don’t you think I might’ve said something to you if I didn’t think you’d hand me a bush to eat if I tried to tell you that Sloan and Mason were giving me other orders?!” So angry, tears were making her eyes shine. “I used to think so highly of you, Commander. I thought Liberator would be a second chance to do things right and when I first met you I actually believed it.” Hiding her face behind her knees, trying to calm the quiver in her voice. “Even after Captain Harris and the destruction…” Shaking her head so her forehead was fixed against her knees. “…I held out hope. Worked my ass off to help get Liberator together and going with everyone else here. I thought that meant something. I thought it showed something about my character and the type of person I was. Yet…the moment something went wrong… Bam! She’s a whack job to be scorned and ignored.”

the ashes fell like snow

As much as Carlos really didn’t want to hear it, he listened. He knew he wasn’t perfect. But neither was she. “We’ve all made our share of mistakes.” Watching those green eyes snap up from their hiding place behind her knees. The Captain knew she wasn’t play acting or searching for sympathy in that instant. “The question is…can we move forward from them?”

And the ground caved in

Malisade Tinnerman laughed. It was brittle, hollow sounding laugh. “I don’t know if I’m ever going to be allowed out of an isolation room in sickbay long enough to do anything other than take a quick shower.” There was no humor in her voice. It was more like someone who was laughing to avoid crying any further. “So… since I don’t know if I’m going to be allowed to move forward… can you?” Rubbing her eyes with hands. “Can the both of you let go enough to let Harper and I move forward?”

between where we were standing

“Can you let go of the past enough to function without an attitude?” Carlos spoke up as he crossed his arms, leaning against the wall. “The scales on this blame game are nearly even right now. Harper is about his duties. When Omega clears you… are you going to be able to go about your duties without a huge chip shoved on a shoulder?” Keeping firm control on his own temper.

She felt the spark of anger as surely as they saw it in her face, but immediately shoved it down. “As long as the childish name calling comes to an end, I should be about business without incident.” Tinnerman was tired of wearing the judas cross amongst the crew. Even more tired of being limited to specific sets of four walls… brig, iso, quarters… it had been forever since she had been in the holodeck or been able to stroll amongst the shops without issues.

Carlos nodded, glancing to Pete who was in agreement. “Are you going to step back up to being the chief?” He had already discussed this with Arman. Sunny and the others had all done well, but it was Malisade’s ‘think way outside the box’ that had saved them on a few occasions and given the nature of their missions of late both men were well aware of their needs.

So give me reason

“Chief?” Mally was surprised. “I…” Looking for signs that the two were messing with her or at the very least trying to have a laugh at her expense.

“I’m serious, Lieutenant. Given all the conflicting orders that have come to light and everything else, your desertion has been explained thoroughly, so your record has been set to rights along with your status. Either I am going to have my Chief Operations back or I’m going to be sending you back to Starfleet while hoping they send me another one with half a brain.” Carlos stated. “So…are you going to step back up?”

to prove me wrong

“Does that mean I get quarters back?” More than a little afraid to ask.

“Yes.”

Still searching for any sign of falsehood, Mally nodded. “Yes, I will step up if that is what you both want.”

to wash this memory clean

“Good.” The Captain of Liberator seemed satisfied before stepping closer to his wayward Ops officer. Just close enough so that what he had to say next was only heard by her. “You’ve put yourself through enough hell trying to right so many issues that you lost the true direction of where your compass should have been pointing. From this point on, if anyone insists you do something contrary to what I have told you…and I mean anyone… see me about it so we can address the matter upfront.” Making her meet his gaze. “Understand?”

“Yes sir.” Keeping her own voice down. Not flinching away from him. On a sudden impulse, Tinnerman’s hand reached out and caught Carlos’ only for a moment to give it a faint squeeze before letting it go. They would likely never be drinking buddies but Mally had agreed to let it go.

Across this new divide

“The Commander will get what messages you want sent to your family. I need to catch up with a couple of people.” Carlos stated moving away from the biobed. Catching Tinnerman in a quick look before he reached the door. “I mean what I said Lt. Tinnerman, remember it.”

In every loss

“I will sir.” Malisade replied somberly. Shifting just a little bit on the biobed, knowing she would have to deal with another session shortly. Part of her still craved whatever it was Kraven had hooked her on, but then she would think on these sessions in the isolation rooms and immediately squash the idea because no matter what pleasure or joy the memories had given her…it didn’t outweigh the pain and emotional torture she kept surviving through to remove the concoction from her body.

in every lie

“Mally?” Commander Arman pulled her from wherever it was she had been mentally wandering.

“Sir?” Giving him an odd look since he had his hand held out.

“Shall we start over?” Pete asked. “I’m Commander Peter Arman.” Watching the confusion roll across her face even as she took his hand for a shake.

“Lt. Jg. Malisade Tinnerman, Operations.”

In every truth that you’d deny

“Well met Lieutenant. Now are there any messages you would like me to forward to your family right now?” The padd ready for anything she may want to share.

And each regret

“Why did you save me on that ship? You could’ve easily left me.” Mally blurted. Frowning still, trying to make sense of everything that seemed to stick up out of place.

and each goodbye

Arman shrugged. “You were trying to help everyone else get free. Why would we have left you there to die?”

was a mistake to great to hide

“Considering the animosity on both sides back then… I don’t know. You know I didn’t want to go, don’t you? Not on your watch or even on Carlos’.” Pleading for some sort of understanding from the First Officer.

“We know now.” Pete replied. “Mostly we were jealous.” Giving her a faint grin. “Getting to explore new alcohols and…” Noticing that Mally wasn’t returning his smile. “We were still slightly jealous once we got over the pissed off.”

“There is so much in this part of the galaxy we’ve barely even touched and there is quite a bit of this part of the galaxy we’re not going to want to touch.” Tinnerman replied quietly. “We need to keep good ties with both the Syndicate and the Norvians because they are both big players. If Banar could have swayed the Norvians, their need for us in this sector wouldn’t have been so dire.”

So give me reason

“And what of the Syndicate?”

“I’m going to be blunt Commander. We really don’t want to piss them off either.” The haunted look returned to Mally’s eyes. “They value honor and the truth, but it’s like putting a fire cracker in a hornets nest when you make them mad. They will hurt you. They may eventually forgive you, but if it is to their advantage they will kill you the moment the opportunity arises.”

to prove me wrong

Arman nodded. He would make sure to remember that tidbit the next time Carlos started baiting someone from the Syndicate. Noticing Tinnerman eyeing the time. “Any messages?”

to wash this memory clean

“I love them. I miss them all. But it’s better right now if I don’t talk to them in person until Omega releases me.” Blinking hard, but knowing the shine in her eyes gave her away. She longed for contact in the worst way. She wanted to be held.

Taking the message with a much better understanding than when he had initially come into the isolation room, Peter Arman left. With plenty to ponder and much more information on the status of Martin’s daughter than he had first figured he would have to share.

Give me reason

The moment she heard the doors hiss shut, Tinnerman curled up on herself to cry. It was easier to do that then to ponder everything that just happened. She wanted free of the room. She wanted free of the craving…all at once instead of in the steps that it was taking now.

to fill this hole

Tears fading quickly as Mally wore out, stretching out on the biobed, knowing that shortly the session would begin again.

connect the space between

Licking her ragged lips, hoping things would be ok once she really did get out of that infernal room.

Let it be enough to reach the truth that lies

Maybe she would finally have peace… maybe. If Seamus would still want her.

Across this new divide

--------------------
Lieutenant J.G. Malisade Tinnerman
Chief Operations Officer
USS Liberator NX-85472
Seamus Zelazny Harper
Posted: May 9 2010, 03:52 AM

Chief Engineer
Group Icon

Member No.: 16

The Chief Engineer sat in his chair and dictated his report:

Chief Engineer's Log... Stardate 44307.79 [OOC: I found a cool program to figure out the stardate. This date indicates approximately 7 days from when this episode started, which sounds about right for all the action that happened.]
Well, it looks like things are finally settling down. The whole mess involving Mally and Mason has finally been brought to a close. ...but at what price? She has lost so much of herself. ...and not just because of Kraven's torturous experiment. I'm not sure I can forgive myself for what has happened between us either. She tells me it's not my fault. That she had been recruited by Mason and Sloan before she reported aboard the Intrepid." The Engineer thought about that ill-fated voyage to meet the Liberator in the Delta Quadrant several years ago. "We were originally supposed to just meet up with the Liberator as it was being completed. Instead, we ended up becoming her crew."

"Computer Pause."

The worn out Engineer sat back in his chair and rubbed his eyes to try working the fatigue out of himself.

"Computer, strike the last thought." Once the Computer chirped in compliance, he continued, "Computer resume….Oddly enough, the experiment Kraven had been conducting had a profound effect on the creatures he was using. It's been discovered in the past two days that the memories and emotions that were filtered into the creatures from Lieutenant Tinnerman caused them to be more sympathetic to humans, and downright vicious to the Vectari.

"The Shadow returned in stealth mode to avoid contact with any Vectari vessels that may be loitering nearby. They found no sign of the Vectari on the planet. Apparently they left Tricore and took all their equipment with them."

Seamus got up from his chair and went to the replicator for a bottle of water before continuing. "The thing I found interesting about the huge cats on Tricore was how empathic they seemed. Funny that considering the Shadow's survey teams determined the cats truly are empathic… even precognitive. It turns out that once news had spread of Tricore the Caitians and several other felinoid species in the Federation became very interested, including the Alakedi of the Delta Quadrant. I also received word that the Vedala, the Lyran Empire and the Kzinti Hegemony have been contacted and they all have expressed an interest in sending their own science teams to the planet as well. The Kzinti are especially interested in furthering their own race by researching anything cat-like on other worlds. I suppose it's one of those things like the human race; where we, as a species, are interested in furthering our knowledge of the universe to enrich our own lives..."

The Chief Engineer continued his report for some time, describing what he found out from the Shadow about Tricore. He wanted to ensure there was more written about Tricore so the scientific community, as well as Starfleet, were aware of the need to take care when dealing with the huge cats. The last thing he wanted was to find out some trigger-happy hunters decided they wanted to safari on the jungle planet. So, a warning buoy was placed in orbit, transmitting a signal for anyone to stay away from the protected planet. This was one of the first claims the Federation made in the Delta Quadrant and it made Seamus feel good to know he had something to do with the protection of an intelligent species, regardless of any measure of sentience.

--------------------
Lieutenant Seamus Zelazny Harper
Commanding Officer USS Shadow SCX-87418
Former Chief Engineer USS Liberator
Authorization Code: Omega Epsilon 34712
Starfleet Purple Heart recipient
Cochrane Award recipient

"There isn't anything I can't fix.....'cept maybe a broken heart." - S. Harper   "DON'T EVER LET THEM PROMOTE YOU!" - L. McCoy   "I intend to recommend you all for promotion, in whatever fleet we end up serving." J. Kirk
USS Shadow
Posted: May 9 2010, 04:04 AM

Group Icon

A stranger was having a drink in a darkened pub on Avalon Station as he made new plans. He was rather annoyed when he received word that Kraven's experiment on Tricore had failed so miserably. And now, the Federation had staked a claim on the planet, going so far as to signing a treaty with the local powers to ensure the survival of a species of large cats. "Pha..." he spat at the memory, just before taking a drink from his glass. And word of the Kzinti Hegemony commissioning the first science expedition allowed to the planet didn't help. They were entirely more dangerous than the Federation.

Other plans would need to be made. He considered killing Kraven but just as quickly changed his mind. Kraven may still have his uses.

[OOC: Makes you wonder who it is in the bar, doesn’t it. And to top it off Cin and I have created a whole new set of different possibilities that can be used for new episodes. :end OOC]

--------------------
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (31) « First ... 29 30 [31]  Add ReplyNew Topic

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.3882 seconds | Archive

Bravo Fleet Banner Exchange

Obsidian Fleet Banner Exchange

'Star Trek' and it's related material are the copyrights of Paramount. No infringement on these copyrights are intended. This site is for non-profit purposes.

Star Trek: Liberator material is the property of Carlos and Arman; use without prior permission is prohibited.

Star Trek: Liberator site material and images are the property of Aaron Dagley, unless otherwise stated, and were created for their sole use for Carlos and Arman in Star Trek: Liberator; use without prior permission is strictly prohibited.

You can contact Carlos, Arman or Aaron Dagley through this forum.