Create a free forum in seconds.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Star Trek Liberator. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (35) « First ... 33 34 [35]  ( Go to first unread post ) New Topic

'A New Day', 4.1 - Season 4, Episode 1
Peterthediva
Posted: Nov 12 2008, 12:26 PM

First Officer
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Arman gave T'Les a fleeting look, enough to remind her who was in charge of the situation. "We have this under control, Ensign," He made sure to enfore that last part of rank. What was going on with this woman? He had little interaction with T'Les since she came aboard last year but these last few days on the Liteev station had shown in a whole new light. She didn't seem anything like the Vulcans Peter had ever met and he was still trying to decide if this was a bad thing or not.

Right now, T'Les seemed a lot better than she had done earlier. Some good news at least. But right now, ill or otherwise, she would need to follow orders that were already in the process of being given.

"Lieutenant Tinnerman already has this covered." He explained to T'Les quickly. "But I need all eyes on the readouts, so see what you can do about moving any other availible power to the SIF. This is going to be a rough ride even if it works." Which it was also time to find out as well........ "Mally, you have clearance to fire the phasers. Blast us clear of those docking clamps."

>tag Mally and T'Les...anyone else on the bridge<

--------------------
Commander Peter Arman
First Officer
USS Liberator NX-85472

But when I'm bad I know I'm better. -Whitney Houston 'Queen Of The Night'
Mally
Posted: Nov 12 2008, 04:07 PM

Chief Operations Officer
Group Icon

Group: Senior Staff
Member No.: 37

“Aye sir.” Tinnerman responded to the Commander. Someone had unlocked the console and given her control of the phaser. Verifying quickly that the area near the clamps was cleared and structural integrity was boosted. Calibrating the beam.

“Brace for separation from the Station.” The warning rang out throughout Liberator. “Helm, ready thrusters.” Feeding the information to Helm.

Taking aim with the phaser, firing in a long stream cutting along the edge of the Station’s outer hull so she didn’t create an explosion from gases and oxygen igniting and expanding suddenly yet getting the docking clamps and supports to separate from the Station. Watching the sparks and arcing of power circuits and controls as the phaser separated them, Malisade had been holding her breath until the phaser hit the end of docking array.

“Helm, Now.” Feeling Liberator shudder and buck a little from the weight on her Starboard side, shifting power to the structural fields and giving Helm a bit more ‘ompf’ for the thrusters.

“Commander, we have a clean separation from the Leetiv station but we are starting to show outer hull damage from the docking clamps. Nothing major yet but Warp is not advisable.” Giving Arman the update but leaving it to him to make the decision.

<Tags Bridge and Helm>

--------------------
Lieutenant J.G. Malisade Tinnerman
Chief Operations Officer
USS Liberator NX-85472
Peterthediva
Posted: Nov 12 2008, 04:16 PM

First Officer
Group Icon

Arman felt a sense of relief as Mally cut the Liberator free from the docking clamps that had been holding them tightly in place. They were moving forward now, right towards the hatch that would take them out the docking hanger and into space.

“Commander, we have a clean separation from the Leetiv station but we are starting to show outer hull damage from the docking clamps. Nothing major yet but Warp is not advisable.” Giving Arman the update but leaving it to him to make the decision.

"Mally, I'm freeing up more power from secondary systems," Arman revealed, tapping a nearby console. His hands moves so fast it was a wonder anyone could think that fast. "Take that extra power and apply it wherever you need. Just keep this ship together. We've almost made it now."

>tag Mally<

--------------------
Commander Peter Arman
First Officer
USS Liberator NX-85472

Mally
Posted: Nov 12 2008, 04:42 PM

Chief Operations Officer
Group Icon

Tinnerman ducked her head to acknowledge the Commander's orders. Her own hands were darting over her console rapidly, making use of the offered power where it was needed the most.

Taking the updates from various locations to find out where everyone was congragrated to keep from shutting down power where people were gathering but advising Security and Medical where she would be cutting power.

Helm was getting them going in the proper direction. "Structural integraty is holding. Engines are up to 82%. We are holding together, Sir."

Sparing a glance at the viewscreen, never so thankful in her life to see the dock doors inching closer and closer. Time was counting down quickly. "Stay together for us Liberator." She muttered turning her attention back to the ship's needs.

<tags>

--------------------
Chief Operations Officer
USS Liberator NX-85472
T'les
Posted: Nov 12 2008, 06:00 PM

Group Icon

Group: Characters
Member No.: 330

"My apologies, sir, my behaviour was not acceptable." T'les said

T'les started to look toward holding the ship together, as there was nothing for a science officer to observe beside the imminent demise of the station they were connected to. She concentrated on her console, and was completely oblivious to the world, when she felt the ship shudded, she turned around, and looked at the view screen. The liberator began to move, slow and steady from port, T'les turned around to face her console, she began to find areas where she could draw power from, to boost the Structural Integrity Field, or give to the engines.

"Commnder, My I suggest we lower gravity by 0.10 percent, and lower lights to minimum, that way we do not slow down the efficiency of the crew. If we can take all other non-essential systems offline, we could Increase our engines power level to approximately 93.4 percent. Or we could transfer the extra power to the Structural Integrity Field." T'les said as she readied to do so on command

--------------------
Ensign T'les
Science Officer
USS Liberator NX-85472
Peterthediva
Posted: Nov 12 2008, 06:06 PM

First Officer
Group Icon

"Commnder, My I suggest we lower gravity by 0.10 percent, and lower lights to minimum, that way we do not slow down the efficiency of the crew."

"Good idea, Ensign T'Les." And very efficent, Peter also had to note. "Operations, do as Miss T'Les suggests." He looked towards the helm station. "How long until we clear the station?"

"Seventeen seconds, Commander."

Those seconds would seem like an eternity.

>tags to everyone on the bridge<

--------------------
Commander Peter Arman
First Officer
USS Liberator NX-85472

T'les
Posted: Nov 12 2008, 06:28 PM

Group Icon

Group: Characters
Member No.: 330

"Commander, given all the power we will gain, I do not believe it will be enough to get us far enough from the station in time, given the extra weight from the Clamps, I believe we need to be ready to transfer all power to the shields given the Explosive yield of the station, relative to our distance." T'les stated awaiting approval by the Commnder for Operations to take care of.

--------------------
Ensign T'les
Science Officer
USS Liberator NX-85472
Carlos_B_Fly
Posted: Nov 12 2008, 07:26 PM

Captain (Temporary)
Group Icon

Member No.: 3

A calm and focused Carlos arrived on the Bridge, stepping out the turbolift with Gensa and Jones beside him. They looked like they had been through hell but considering the trip had been considered dead, were looking pretty well.

"Pretty lively for a corpse." Arman commented dryly but clearly over the moon to see them all safe and sound.

"What I say?" Carlos dead panned. "I moisterise. Report, Commander."

"Looks like we'll be clear of the station in fourteen seconds."

"Excellent."

"And the station will blow in about twenty."

"Not so excellent."

"Once we make it outside," Arman quickly went to explain. "We can go to warp. At light speeds, we'll easily outrace that explosion."

"So we just need nothing to go wrong now......."

"Correct. And Carlos.....why are you talking like that?"

"Well, because of that," He pointed at the viewscreen that was showing their journey, a rapid progression towards the massive hanger doors. Up until a moment ago, they had been parting. Now they had stopped dead.

"Oh no.....somethings gone wrong." Arman muttered.

"With us? And your surprised?!"

"The doors controls must be damaged...they've packed out."

"We need that door open if we're going to get out of here. And we dont have time to try and do this the subtle way...." No kidding. The door was getting closer and closer, yet so not open wide enough for Liberator to pass through.

Carlos didn't even consider slowing down. Not for a moment.

"Give me firing control," Carlos told the officer at Tactical in a manner that clearly suggested they do it with all due haste. Carlos went to his seat, saying nothing now and working on the small console by his chair.

He armed a quantum torpedoe................

--------------------
Captain Carlos
Starfleet Captain (Temporary)
USS Liberator NX-85472
Peterthediva
Posted: Nov 13 2008, 02:05 PM

First Officer
Group Icon

There was a sudden massive shudder that went through the Liberator. Arman knew was it was immediatly. The station was coming apart, quicker than they had banked on. Outside the ship, the entire hanger was already falling apart as several explosions weakened and obliterated the structure.

He wished that Duo or Dan had made it the Bridge but with so much going on at such a frantic pace, they had likely been sidetracked. The officer at the helm looked a little spooked, prompting Peter to step up and gently tap him on the shoulder.

"Allow me," Arman suggested and took the quickly vacated seat. He had enough flight time to feel comfortable piloting the ship. There was too much at stake now for someone who wasnt utterly focused. His hands quickled settled onto the controls and slid across the speed settings.

"I'm taking us up to full impulse, hold on!" He knew this wasnt normal regulations. Top impulse speeds were a complete no no in the Starfleet rulebook but he wasnt going to be fussy now. The sudden push in speed meant the doors were getting closer and closer, while still being stuck in place.

"Anytime you want to fire that torpedoe, Carlos?"

>tag Carlos<

--------------------
Commander Peter Arman
First Officer
USS Liberator NX-85472

Carlos_B_Fly
Posted: Nov 13 2008, 06:38 PM

Captain (Temporary)
Group Icon

"Anytime you want to fire that torpedo, Carlos?"

“As you ordered,” Carlos replied, tapping the fire button.

A flash of bright, pure silver shot out from the Liberator in the shape of a quantum torpedo. It streaked ahead of the ship and smashed through the hanger doors that were stuck. They were obliterated in a ball of wild flame.

Liberator was a second behind it and tore through the fire. The sleek ship tore through the inferno like a bullet and off into space, free at last. It wasn’t a moment too soon. No sooner had they escaped, the station finally fell apart as the generators overloaded.

“We’re not in the clear yet. We need to get away from the explosive shockwave,” Carlos quickly pointed out before anyone could get too comfortable.

And here came that shockwave.

The entire station was eaten up in one all consuming explosion. It lunged out everywhere and took the Liteev outpost with terrifying ease. This was following by a shockwave – the generators final death screen – streaming out in all directions like a wave of destruction.

The Liberator hadn’t got too far at only impulse speeds and the wave was closing on them fast, a giant wall that could destroy the vessel just as easily as the main explosion they had just narrowly avoided.

“Peter!” Carlos called, watching it come tearing at them. “Warp speed – NOW!”

--------------------
Captain Carlos
USS Liberator NX-85472
Peterthediva
Posted: Nov 13 2008, 06:40 PM

First Officer
Group Icon

Before Carlos had even spoken, he was prepping the warp drive. The moment a starship went from impulse to light speed was a second at best, as the warp field was formed to propel a ship as such vastly accelerated speeds. But right now that one second could mean the difference between life and death.

“Taking us to Warp One!” He called out as the floor hummed just slightly, a tell-tell sign the ship was shifting to a higher level stellar propulsion. He held on to the helm console as the ship began to rattle. The shockwave had caught up already and was right on them, practically licking the back of the ship.

“Peter! Now would be a really good time!”

Arman ignored Carlos and kept focusing on his readings. He felt an incredible sense of relief as they bleeped back green. “Here we go!” Just before it was too late, Liberator pulled away from the shockwave sharply, seemingly becoming a thin strip of light as it kicked off to warp speeds. The shockwave was fast but only going at sub-light. When the Liberator went to warp, it left it in the dust.

“Warp One and holding!” Peter was thankful to report, leaning back in the chair and letting out a deep breath. “We made it……..we’re safe.”

>tag all on bridge<

--------------------
Commander Peter Arman
First Officer
USS Liberator NX-85472

Mally
Posted: Nov 14 2008, 02:16 PM

Chief Operations Officer
Group Icon

Tinnerman had followed orders and been more then happy to see the Commander take the helm. Normally, she'd be a little twitchy the moment she heard the Captain on the Bridge but for some reason it just gave her a little more ease with the situation knowing Carlos was back there.

"Bolstering Structural Integrity for Warp." She added. "Engineering reporting Engines at 97%." Since no one from Engineering had made it to the bridge yet. Sounding the ship wide alert and keeping everyone away from the Starboard side that had what was left of the clamps attached to it.

When the stars began to blurr together, Mally allowed herself the chance to take a deep breath and take her soaking wet boots off.

--------------------
Chief Operations Officer
USS Liberator NX-85472
Carlos_B_Fly
Posted: Nov 16 2008, 09:11 PM

Captain (Temporary)
Group Icon

“Captains Log Stardate 44242.6 – We have met with a Liteev vessel that has arrived to ferry Gensa and the rest of the space station survivors back to their homeworld. Beyond requesting any information we were able to gather on Eve and her activities, they failed to provide any more information but promised ‘action will be taken’. What that means, as often with the Liteev, shall look to remain a mystery."

“Our own losses were tragic ones. We lost seven crewmen to the monstrous beasts we have now dubbed the Varnath. These brave men and women will receive full commendations for their bravery and ultimate sacrifice.”

“Meanwhile, the Liberator itself survived the ordeal with minor damage that will be corrected within four days. All the crew have been cleared of any radiation contamination and we have resumed a course to rendezvous with the USS Shadow as originally planned.”

Carlos and Arman emerged from the Transporter Room, moving off into a casual stride along the corridor. To be back safely on the ship was still something they were counting their blessings for. As the doors to the room hissed shut behind them, Arman turned his nose up slightly.

“’Action will be taken’? Action will be taken?! Whats that supposed to mean?”

“I’m gonna guess,” Carlos grinned a little. “That some kinda action is gonna be taken? Just a wild stab in the dark?”

Ignoring the joke, Arman continued his rant. “After everything that happened.....the people they lost…..the people WE lost…….their just going to try and sweep the whole thing under the rug like it never happened!”

“You know the Liteev. They don’t like anyone poking around in their business.”

“And that’s what worries them. Gensa and the rest of them couldn’t wait to be off this ship, just to avoid answering any questions. We saw too much on that station, way more than they would have ever wanted us to see.”

Arman stopped in the corridor now, Carlos doing the same. The First Officer had a point to make and was diverting all his energy into it. His finger waved everytime he hit a point, as if conducting an invisible choir.

“All that would never have happened if they hadn’t had let Eve come on the station. They needed her and her scientific knowledge. There is something wrong there, Carlos. Something is happening with their people….on their homeworld…..and they need help curing it.”

“Curing it?” Carlos repeated. “So you think they’ve got some kind of medical problem? Like a plague?”

“I think so. And widespread too. They’ve been after medical equipment….genetic devices….all that kind of thing for the past four years we’ve been here. Look at how much they had on that station alone. Something big and bad is up with them.”

“I’m gonna sound like you now but remember they are our allies and we’re looking to make them Federation members too. Before all of that, there’s also the Prime Directive. If they have their secrets and they don’t want anyone involved…even their friends…..then we have to respect that. It’s the rules.”

Arman gave him a glance that was a cross between dirty and sarcastic. “The rules? And since when do you follow the rules? If I hadn’t have been here, you’d have walked all over the Directive by now.”

“And for my eternal gratitude at throwing all these regulations at me, I’m paying you back in kind now. We cant get involved if the Liteev don’t want us to.”

“Rubbish.”

Arman said it so firmly that it made Carlos pause. Rather than challenge him or debate it further, he just listened. You could see from Arman that he was on a mission now. He had something to pay and a point to prove.

“We just lost good people because of that secret. And a bunch of genetically engineered death machines just got released into the sector, all because the Liteev want to play Cluedo. I see this as a threat to not only the safety of our allies in this sector, but also the Federation itself.”

“What…..exactly……….are you saying, Commander?”

“What’s the thing I do best?”

“Insult people with acidic comments.”

“After that.”

“Oh. Well, snoop.”

“Exactly. My gossip column on this ship gets more readers than the UFP News Network. I know how to get all the hottest goss, whether people like it or not. And I’m going to turn my sights on the Liteev now. This is a new project of mine.”

“I could order you not too…………”

Arman flicked him an eyebrow. “Yeah, right. Because you don’t wanna know what their up to either?” There was a silence between the two for a moment, before Carlos broke it.

“Make sure you tell me whatever you find. And Peter – don’t get caught.”

“Bridge to Captain Carlos and Commander Arman……………” The sudden call interrupted the conversation with impeccable timing. Carlos responded to the greeting, asking for the nature of the summon.

“Sir, we have an incoming transmission for you. Its coming from an unknown location that I cant trace back. Its waiting for you in your Ready Room.”

Carlos and Arman both moved to the nearest turbolift and then to the Ready Room. As promised, the incoming message was ready and waiting, loaded onto the small computer terminal that rested on the desk. Carlos moved around it, took a seat and activated the screen.

A familiar face suddenly appeared – Eve.

“Captain Carlos,” She greeted, in a seductive and confident manner. “Good to see you. And don’t bother trying to trace this transmission. I’ve already scrambled the sub-space signal.”

“What do you want?” Carlos didn’t even blink.

“As you can see, I made it off the Liteev space station before it exploded in an escape pod. I’m relieved to know that Charlie Jones was also as fortunate. I have plans for her.”

“Ah, yes. Your search for this super thing…..this Thirteen….that will end absolutely everything. You should add it to your Christmas list, Eve. You’ll avoid getting loads of socks at least.”

“How humourous, Captain. Rest assured though – I will find it. And use it.”

“Is that why you called? If so, I’m kinda unimpressed.”

“No. There was something that I never got to say on the space station, due to your sudden escape. There was one other thing I realised when I met you all, beyond recognising Charlie Jones. A feeling.”

“A feeling?”

“As I said, I am extinction given form and sentience. Death is my function….my gift and only purpose. But I do more than just find ways to execute it on species that no longer need exist. I can sense it. Its some kind of ethereal connection. Like when you walk into a room where someone has died. You shiver…..you can taste it…..smell it…..you know it is there. I have this thing when I know death is coming.”

Wherever Eve was, she now leaned closer into the screen so her whole face almost took over it. Her sharp, glittering eyes practically shone out of it as she carried on speaking.

“I know death is coming for one of your crew. Someone you are close too. Its hovering over them like a shadow. And at the end of this year, it will claim them.”

“So your say-“

“In less than twelve months, one of you will die.”

The screen went black. Eve was gone. And the room was deathly still.

--------------------
Captain Carlos
USS Liberator NX-85472
Star Trek Liberator
Posted: Nov 16 2008, 09:12 PM

Administrator
Group Icon

Member No.: 1

Gensa watched the stars streak past his window as the Liteev vessel hurtled home at warp speeds. He was sat at a table, covered in various reports and paperwork that had had not even touched. He knew they would need to be done. But right now he had too much on his mind to care for such things.

“Gensa?”

He hadn’t even noticed one of the crew come into his office. They slowly moved across the room, placing another report on the table.

“Oh,” Gensa chuckled half heartedly. “Because I need another of those to sort through.”

“You’ll want to see this one. Its just come in now from homeworld.”

Gensa said nothing more. He took the newly arrived report, scanning the words on it. He eyes darkened, filling with dread. “Eleven more outbreaks in the capital…..”

“That’s nearly thirty Code I-4’s in a week,” The other Liteev offered. “Its happening to more and more people, isn’t it? And all the research we’re doing doesn’t seem to achieving anything. What is I-4?” His voice filled with raw desperation. “Where did it come from?”

“I know you are frustrated-“

“Frustrated?! Gensa, I watched my sister fall to I-4 last month! One moment she was fine……..then the next, she was someone else. It wasn’t even like she was sick. People call this an illness. But its not like any I’ve ever seen. She wasn’t unwell. She was just something……...somebody else.”

Gensa stood up, in as much to comfort the man but also to silence him. His words were too much. They cut Gensa too deep. “We will find what this is and stop it. And bring them back. Your sister………..all of them.”

The other Liteev lowered his head, nodding. He composed himself once more.

“What speed are we currently travelling at?” Gensa asked quietly.

“Warp 6.”

“Then take us to Warp 8. We need to be home sooner than expected.”

“Yes, I shall attend to it,” With another heavier bow of the head, he left the room to execute Gensa’s order. When he was satisfied he was alone once more, Gensa walked over the window, once more gazing at the stars outside.

“Yes, we will bring them all back. I swear it. No matter what it takes. Every last one our people lost to us…….your sister…..and my daughter,” He felt his eyes well up for a moment as he pictured her. He fought off the image, steeling himself.

“I owe them all that………..because I’m the one that did this.”

THE END

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (35) « First ... 33 34 [35]  New Topic

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.3584 seconds | Archive

Bravo Fleet Banner Exchange

Obsidian Fleet Banner Exchange

'Star Trek' and it's related material are the copyrights of Paramount. No infringement on these copyrights are intended. This site is for non-profit purposes.

Star Trek: Liberator material is the property of Carlos and Arman; use without prior permission is prohibited.

Star Trek: Liberator site material and images are the property of Aaron Dagley, unless otherwise stated, and were created for their sole use for Carlos and Arman in Star Trek: Liberator; use without prior permission is strictly prohibited.

You can contact Carlos, Arman or Aaron Dagley through this forum.