InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Spiras Destiny. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Hey guys, this forum is no longer being used! This is simply an archive forum now, we have moved to our own server! IPB 2.1.7 and we have our own radio, members gallery and downloads system! So be sure to register at our new forum instead.
Click Here to join the new forums

narnia: the lion, the witch and the wardrobe
Ragnarok
Posted: Jan 27 2006, 11:31 PM

Super Saiyan
Group Icon

Group: SD Elite Member
Member No.: 108

this is just a thread to discuss the chronicles of narnia: the lion, the witch and the wardrobe. what did you all think of it? good or bad? and was it a good representation of the book?

--------------------
Devilz Fayt
Posted: Jan 28 2006, 12:32 AM

See You In Hell
Group Icon

Group: Anime mod team
Member No.: 411

well i havent read it and i havent watched it yet XD
im planing to watch it pretty soon though O.o

--------------------
user posted image
Ragnarok
Posted: Jan 28 2006, 12:40 AM

Super Saiyan
Group Icon

lol, i haven't read the book but i've seen the old and the new movie. the animation's pretty good in this. still, there are parts of this movie which remind you that it was made from a book that was meant for younger readers.

--------------------
Devilz Fayt
Posted: Jan 28 2006, 12:52 AM

See You In Hell
Group Icon

ya from the commercial that was the first thought in my mind, but it seems more targeted to younger ppl, but still lotsa older ones watch it too so its pretty kool. Ive never watched the old one either though...

--------------------
user posted image
Ragnarok
Posted: Jan 28 2006, 01:13 AM

Super Saiyan
Group Icon

the old one was pretty bad lol. not that it didn't have a good story but the wolves were literally people with fake ears, claws and tails lol. when they were running, they would change into real wolves but when they were talking....lol. i don't really remember a battle in the old one either.

--------------------
Khse
Posted: Jan 28 2006, 03:30 AM

Без перевода.
Group Icon

Group: Content Staff
Member No.: 2

Where I live most old people were going to see it because the books were written in The 50's.

The movie was great. I think Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire sucked compared to that. It followed the book word for word and as far as I'm concerned it was the best movie of the year.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image

"Whatever religious people may say about their love of God or the mandates of their religion, when their behavior toward others is violent and destructive, when it causes suffering among their neighbors, you can be sure the religion has been corrupted and reform is desperately needed." Charles Kimball

"You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image, when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do." Anne Lamott
Ragnarok
Posted: Jan 28 2006, 04:37 AM

Super Saiyan
Group Icon

lol, well, the year just started(unless it was released last year in america) so i can't say that. but like i said, some parts of it reminded me that the book was made for younger readers. the condition on which aslam(sp?) was brought back to life was a bit stupid lol. and how exactly did aslam kill the witch? it looked like he was eating her lol.

--------------------
Khse
Posted: Jan 28 2006, 05:08 AM

Без перевода.
Group Icon

It came out in November here. It is based on a book for children therefore some of the movie may seem like that. I'm not sure about the witch thing....

The book is based somewhat on Christianity so Aslam coming back to life was supposed to be like Jesus's resurrection. The reason why may be different but...yeah.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image

"Whatever religious people may say about their love of God or the mandates of their religion, when their behavior toward others is violent and destructive, when it causes suffering among their neighbors, you can be sure the religion has been corrupted and reform is desperately needed." Charles Kimball

"You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image, when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do." Anne Lamott
Ragnarok
Posted: Jan 28 2006, 05:12 AM

Super Saiyan
Group Icon

lol, i reckon the reason was very different. it didn't seem very based on christianity. santa claus was in it lol! the concept of the santa claus scene was a bit stupid. think about it, the jolly old fat man who's meant to give toy trains and dolls to kids gives the 3 of them weapons to kill lol.

--------------------
bakasan
Posted: Jan 28 2006, 05:47 AM

Forbidden Baka
Group Icon

Member No.: 413

well this song will get everyone wanting to see Narnia

http://www.youtube.com/w/SNL---The-Chronic...&search=Chronic

--------------------
user posted image
^Current Sig
user posted image
^Newest Sig
Khse
Posted: Jan 28 2006, 06:07 PM

Без перевода.
Group Icon

Santa Clause was in the book though! LOL

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image

Ragnarok
Posted: Jan 28 2006, 11:05 PM

Super Saiyan
Group Icon

QUOTE (bakasan @ Jan 28 2006, 04:47 PM)

XD! i can't believe someone made that lol!

santa claus was in the book? hm...in the old movie i seem to remember aslam giving them their weapons. well, that was a long time ago.

--------------------
bakasan
Posted: Jan 29 2006, 02:43 AM

Forbidden Baka
Group Icon

Member No.: 413

lol yea well you know Saturday Night Live makes fun of everything

--------------------
user posted image
^Current Sig
user posted image
^Newest Sig
Sonox
Posted: Feb 7 2006, 08:22 PM

~~Touch my heart~~Afraid to make the Change~~
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 362

I love it! But thw queen is too ugly!

--------------------
No sig at all!

~~ ЩōŋĎẹŘςҺĬĿđ - Шήŷ ŵǾמĐξŔ? ~~ - Josh - Cassie... I'll let you know you're mine!

user posted image
Shugo
Posted: Feb 7 2006, 09:14 PM

Сорвано
Group Icon

Member No.: 74

According to alot of Christians I know,Santa Claus is the devil.....

--------------------
user posted image

Quit calling and leave me alone,shut the fuck up and I told you to go home
Devilz Fayt
Posted: Feb 7 2006, 09:46 PM

See You In Hell
Group Icon

QUOTE (bakasan @ Jan 28 2006, 05:47 AM)

lol, thats pretty funny, tho i unno wat cupcakes have to do wtih anything...

--------------------
user posted image
Khse
Posted: Feb 7 2006, 11:04 PM

Без перевода.
Group Icon

I think the witch is attractive. Not in real life but with all the make up and stuff on.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image

Ragnarok
Posted: Mar 18 2006, 10:33 PM

Super Saiyan
Group Icon

O.o you're kidding right? lol, you could play edmund then if they ever do another remake.
the witch didn't seem all that fierce in battle. it would've been funny to see one of those boulders hit her lol

--------------------
SilverMoon
Posted: Mar 20 2006, 03:49 AM

Self Evident
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 76

a friend of mine went to see it and he said that it was one of the most accurate movies that he's ever seen if youve read the book.

personally, i havent seen it yet but i would love to if i'd get my butt moving and rent it lol

--------------------
SilverMoon
Ragnarok
Posted: Mar 20 2006, 10:51 AM

Super Saiyan
Group Icon

lol but like i said, in some places, it reminds you that it was made from a kids book. it does look good though.

--------------------
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Final Fantasy Net Hell and Heaven Net // Topsites eXTReMe Tracker

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2235 seconds | Archive