A Friendly Reminder
Our Basic Forums Board Rules
1. You get one main character, and it should be self-based, whether loosely or accurately.
--Your main should be in the same age group as you, even if not the exact same age. This way there will be no confusion between IC and OOC age, and this way you don't have to worry about if you can convincingly play your own main.
----Age Groups: Pre-Teen (11-13), Teen (14-16), Older Teen (17-19), Young Adult (20's), Adult (30's), Middle Aged (40's), Young Elder (50's), Elder (60+)
------Side characters can be younger than Pre-Teen, and a younger Teen may play a Pre-Teen main, but anyone found to be under the age of 13 on this board will be banned.
--Your main must be your own gender, or you're bound to piss people off.
2. Your account name should be the name of your main character, the full name. If they have a family name, put it like this: Family Personal
-f.e. Kitsuhana Hamika. Kitsuhana is the family name, and Hamika is her personal name.
--If they just have one name, then just use that. But, if they lack a family name, please have a valid reason for why. (Shinigami and Humans should have one.)
--You cannot use a nickname for the account name, because you cannot directly control what other characters decide to call your character.
--You cannot use honorifics/titles in your account name. (Not even "Captain" if you play a Captain.)
3. Whoever first uses a family name gets first right to create a family tree, back story, etc. If you wish to use a family name already in use, ask the person already using it for permition. (While at it, you two can work out whether or not they have any relation.)
--Any characters using a family name of a proper BLEACH character will be more closely examined before allowed, with higher odds of being rejected. The character must be believable, and it'd be preferable if only experienced roleplayers who know what they're doing would dare to attempt making up their own i.e. Kuchiki family member. (Hardcore fans will not accept a poor job of something like a long, lost, unknown sister of Byakuya.)
4. Since side/supporting characters will be played less, you can have more creative freedom with them. They do not have to be close to your age, or your own gender. But, you only get two major ones (ones you may actually use on side of your main in story), and up to twelve total. (So, you can have up to ten that are barely mentioned and/or rarely make an appearance.)
5. Offensive characters are not acceptable.
--The mark of an offensive character is if it's not believable or possible.
----This is why cross-playing is forbidden for main characters.
6. The official language is English.
-i.e. The only Japanese I want to see is your character names, written in Romanji.
--Put it this way... If English represents Japanese in this BLEACH fan universe, it doesn't make much sense to be speaking Japanese. There's no such thing as speaking more Japanese than Japanese.
--Other languages may be used very lightly, with full understanding that it's abnormal and that not all characters (or even necessarily all RPers) will understand. i.e. A character might say "Je t'aime," to be cute/suave.
7. Leet, text speak, and the like are not valid ways of writing. Likewise, please actually try to spell correctly, use correct grammar, etc. (Abbreviations, like LOL, are fine OOC; but, understand that if you try to make a character say that they will actually be saying lawl, lohl, or L-O-L.) If you can't bother to capitalize your I's, for example, I'll have no choice but to assume you're too lazy to formulate a worthwhile character concept or story. (If you're the sort who would actually wrongfully attempt to justify such illiteracy, I'd advise simply not joining my site, because I will ban you, and it will go down in the records as being because you're a dumbass.)
8. Nothing illegal is to be done, promoted, or encouraged on this site. (That includes child exploitation, pedophilia, underaged drinking, illegal drug use, etc.)
9. Understand that the Dreaded Dungeon is more for minor, forgiveable offences. Serious matters will result in proper, permanent bans. No amount of such a criminal lingering in the dungeon would get them unbanned. (Abusing the Dungeon will lead to it being shut down.)