Fragile Freddy

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to The Station. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (273) « First ... 271 272 [273]  ( Go to first unread post )

Celtics' summer of '07, mind the GAP (Garnett/Allen/Pierce)
Scott
Posted: Aug 6 2008, 07:01 PM

Legendary

Group: Members
Member No.: 14

There is no luck in dealing with LA. It's a beast I can't stop, but can only hope to contain.

Thanks on the girl, will definitely need it!

BB - Yep, still taking 5 games a year. Went from trying to decide if it would be worth it not be motivated for 5 games, to very excited for 5 games with the prospect of Baron and Elton and now....well, I think they'll be fun to watch.

--------------------
"HE HAS BEEN EJECTED AND NEVER ALLOWED TO BUY PIZZA AGAIN." - Jerry Remy 04/17/07

photo Banner_zpsae4f9cbc.jpg
Mac Daddy
Posted: Oct 5 2012, 10:11 PM

Take Care

Member No.: 80

QUOTE (Sully @ Apr 24 2007, 09:55 PM)
QUOTE (Gummy @ Apr 24 2007, 07:04 PM)
At least there's a family with their collective heads on straight. Kid supports 17 relatives?

Either they have a legendary run of disabilities in their family or they're a bunch of leeches.

troy - not worse than Baker. At least in this deal they got rid of a huge salary instead of acquiring one. I know Sheriff and some other jamokes think Brandon Roy's shit don't stink, but the guy plays a position at which the Celtics were already backloaded. They either wouldn't have picked him, or wouldn't have played him.

Whoa dude, rip for this or that, but I was on the Brandon Roy train before almost anyone.

That said; he can play three positions defensively and two on offense. That statement was bizarre out of you, because while a jackass, you are usually intelligent.

That read a lot like the Lou Gorman quote on Willie McGee, "Where would we play him."

Well, Lou, he's leading the NL in hitting, find a place.

Gummy, I don't know hockey, you do, I would never argue. But I saw this kid play in college 20-25 times and he's the real deal. I said he was the best player in the draft five months before the draft and when the Celtics pulled that deal, I was sick.

However, as I've told friends, if they get Oden, I'll buy the package and become the No. 1 Celtics fan on the planet. If they get Durant, I'll never watch the C's again and yes, I'm serious.

The kid makes Kevin McHale look like Steve Nash.

I just made fun of my wife for watching a ghost show on the travel show and look at where I was.

Love the Oden vs Durant comment

--------------------
Asked about Rodriguez's reaction to the injury -- he writhed in obvious pain for nearly five minutes before being led off the field -- Jeter said, "He always acts like that when he gets hit."
Mac Daddy
Posted: Oct 5 2012, 10:14 PM

Take Care

Member No.: 80

QUOTE (Sully @ Apr 25 2007, 10:39 AM)
Joe -- I am not debating that at all. Durant is by far the No. 2 pick, I see him having a Tracy McGrady-type career but without the first two years being a waste learning the sport. He'll likely win Rookie of the Year based on numbers. He could average 20 next season.

I'm just saying he's not a player that can take the players around him and win titles. Does that make sense? He works hard, is limited defensively (I love that he was Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year for the steals and blocks and he literally didn't cover anyone man-to-man the entire season not to mention he's clueless in post prevention) and is a black hole.

I like the kid a lot. I really do. I'm just saying that Pierce and him couldn't exist together. They are a lot alike actually as players.

Troy -- Don't believe Simmons with that Barnes crap. He's one of the top 10 coaches in college basketball. Simmons has no clue what he was talking about. Durant shot 30 times a game and Bill was saying Barnes wasn't getting him enough looks. What, was Durant supposed to shoot 50 times a game, Pistol Pete style. Please.

And I'm not selling Durant short. I think he has a better than 50 percent chance at becoming a Hall of Famer.

But the impact he'll have on his NBA franchise is not even in the zip code of the Sahara of Oden. I think Oden will be the most influential basketball player of my lifetime, Magic, Bird and Jordan included. If he doesn't win five NBA titles I'd be stunned. The Bill Russell comparisons are not bogus when talking about this kid and to me, there is no higher praise in sports than Russell.

Oops

--------------------
Asked about Rodriguez's reaction to the injury -- he writhed in obvious pain for nearly five minutes before being led off the field -- Jeter said, "He always acts like that when he gets hit."
Mel Hall
Posted: Oct 17 2012, 09:10 PM

Failed Writer and Musician

Member No.: 29

'sup fellas! Barbosa's on board

--------------------
Fire Smo!
« Next Oldest | Celtics/NBA | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic OptionsPages: (273) « First ... 271 272 [273] 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2517 seconds | Archive