Fragile Freddy

InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to The Station. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (6) « First ... 4 5 [6]  ( Go to first unread post )

West Wing, RIP
-BB-
Posted: Feb 11 2009, 12:23 PM

Paul Priore's Alter Ego

Group: Members
Member No.: 85

QUOTE (Buck @ Feb 9 2009, 08:16 AM)
it's kind of pathetic that I am basing my morning wakeups around watching west wing reruns on Bravo...but I stopped watching regularly in college, so I'm catching up quite nicely.

I am the king of getting interested and caught up in television shows well after the popularity in pop culture has expired.

I enjoyed West Wing around election time. They showed all the election shows in four-hour blocks.

Aren't you taking Grad classes in business?

--------------------
It's not how you start; it's how you finish. We started shitty, I'll tell you that. But we'll get it together.
-VINCE
mike b
Posted: Feb 16 2009, 05:39 PM

Clipboard Carrier

Group: Admin
Member No.: 37

QUOTE (Buck @ Feb 9 2009, 11:16 AM)
it's kind of pathetic that I am basing my morning wakeups around watching west wing reruns on Bravo...but I stopped watching regularly in college, so I'm catching up quite nicely.

I am the king of getting interested and caught up in television shows well after the popularity in pop culture has expired.

That happened to me with LA Law and at least one other show.

--------------------
mike b is right! -- mel hall, Oct. 20, 2008

mike b is a friggin' genius -- TN, Oct. 20, 2008

Mike B you're right. -- Slomo, Oct. 28, 2008

Bless you mike b. -- mel casey nee hall, Nov. 18, 2008

mike b is so right! -- TN, Nov. 21, 2008

I tend to believe that the possibilty exists of mike b being correct on this one -- mel hall, Dec. 9, 2008
-BB-
Posted: Feb 18 2009, 11:01 AM

Paul Priore's Alter Ego

mrs. bb is into Brothers and Sisters, which has sucked me in and out of fandom a couple of different times. a couple of the actors were 30-Something regulars. 30-Something was popular and had a long run, no? How come it hasn't made the syndication run? I would think it's the prototype show for syndication success. I never saw a single ep of 30. Would I watch now? LA Law has disappeared. St. Elsewhere used to be on every other cable network. I never watched lots of shows that may have potential. I just watched about a dozen Lou Grants on Hulu. Then I went to Mary Tyler Moore. I'm gonna write a compare/contrast for Freshman Lit.

I think I'm becoming a closet homophobe due to Sunday Night ABC.

--------------------
It's not how you start; it's how you finish. We started shitty, I'll tell you that. But we'll get it together.
-VINCE
bodhran
Posted: Feb 18 2009, 01:32 PM

Take Care

Member No.: 88

QUOTE (-BB- @ Feb 18 2009, 11:01 AM)
mrs. bb is into Brothers and Sisters, which has sucked me in and out of fandom a couple of different times.  a couple of the actors were 30-Something regulars.  30-Something was popular and had a long run, no?  How come it hasn't made the syndication run?  I would think it's the prototype show for syndication success.  I never saw a single ep of 30.  Would I watch now?  LA Law has disappeared.  St. Elsewhere used to be on every other cable network.  I never watched lots of shows that may have potential.  I just watched about a dozen Lou Grants on Hulu.  Then I went to Mary Tyler Moore.  I'm gonna write a compare/contrast for Freshman Lit.

I think I'm becoming a closet homophobe due to Sunday Night ABC.

30 something had a 4 or 5 years run. the problem is hour long dramas don't do very well in syndication. Although you would think one of the what is it 3 maybe 4 womens programing networks would air it.

Lot of the actors from it appear on Brothers and Sisters because Ken Olin is a producer of the show. Same thing happened with Alias which he also produced.

--------------------
President of the Tim Wakefield Fan Club Station Chapter

Sports Fan yes

Basketball Fan No
-BB-
Posted: Feb 21 2009, 02:19 PM

Paul Priore's Alter Ego

I'm just seeing this. I don't make it down this low on the Board anymore. Thanks, Boddie. Where have you been? Wee need all our peeps contributing. I'm thinking about renting the JAG series. I completely skipped that series.

--------------------
-VINCE
-BB-
Posted: Aug 17 2012, 12:06 PM

Paul Priore's Alter Ego

blasted through all 7 seasons of West Wing on Amazon recently. I now speak in 1.5 cadence and Toby is my new hero. That show really took a turn when Sorkin left. FU Troy.

--------------------
-VINCE
slomo33
Posted: Sep 4 2012, 02:45 PM

Take Care

Member No.: 50

QUOTE (-BB- @ Aug 17 2012, 12:06 PM)
blasted through all 7 seasons of West Wing on Amazon recently. I now speak in 1.5 cadence and Toby is my new hero. That show really took a turn when Sorkin left. FU Troy.

BB, I couldn't make it through 2 seasons. I gave it a fair shake
Sorkin annoys the piss out of me. Great dialog. Too bad no one talks that way. Sorry Mac.

Waiting for TO to start a Breaking Bad thread

--------------------
Mel's newest 5/16/12 - I'd kibosh Pierce for the 2 games in Philly and hope the week off helps him for Game 5.

QUOTE (Mel Hall @ Dec 18 2011, 08:01 PM)
Smo, can I fire Coughlin NOW??

Slomo - Dec 19 2011 - I would say absolutely but you know they are going to win their last two games to mess with you.
« Next Oldest | TV/Movies | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (6) « First ... 4 5 [6] 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1228 seconds | Archive