zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to RPGXP Unlimited. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Mapping the Hills of Dunsenane
SCMike
Posted: Aug 31 2006, 04:56 AM

Advanced

Group: Advanced
Member No.: 16

Okay, so, i want to map a mountain path. I am trying to get it so that the player has to make it through a large group of mountains, but the problem I am having is I am not sure how to map it. I need them to start on the ground, and, eventually, end up near the top of one of the mountains where they will enter a cave to fight the boss. The problem is, though, I'm not sure how to use the mountain set at all to make it look good. Also, I am using an event system for monsters, in that you can see the monsters wandering around, thus I would need semi-wide paths...unless all the monsters were inside caves you had to use to go up...

Anyway, does anyone get what I'm trying to ask? This reall is the best I know how to say...I'm not good with description...

This post has been edited by SCMike on Sep 29 2006, 04:05 AM

--------------------
I became third toppest poster on July 5, 2006 at 12:10 AM. I'M HAPPY!!! Wanna see what post made me third toppest (probably not)? Go here.
RPGXP Unlimited reached it's 1,000th post on July 11, 2006 at 11:05PM with the following post: 1,000th post This posted was done by Marked. (GO MARKED!)
Marked
Posted: Sep 2 2006, 03:09 PM

Master
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Here is a rxdata file that has the map of a mountain. The mountain is completely undecorated though.
If you dont know how to view it, make a new project, and make sure you make another map, so you have 2 maps(Because this is map002.rxdata), then save the game, and close. Now place this file in the "Data" Folder, replacing the old map002.rxdata file. Then open your game and the map of mountain will be there.
Map002.rxdata
SCMike
Posted: Sep 6 2006, 05:30 AM

Advanced

Well...it is pretty empty...problem is, though, I'm needing a map that has paths that lead throught the range and such...and you have to climb the mountains and the like...and, for some reason, none of the forums are showing up with new replies like they used to...I mean...the light blue image isn't getting darker...so...I'm not noticing any replies...

--------------------
I became third toppest poster on July 5, 2006 at 12:10 AM. I'M HAPPY!!! Wanna see what post made me third toppest (probably not)? Go here.
RPGXP Unlimited reached it's 1,000th post on July 11, 2006 at 11:05PM with the following post: 1,000th post This posted was done by Marked. (GO MARKED!)
Marked
Posted: Sep 13 2006, 03:25 PM

Master
Group Icon

So you couldnt change that map to what you want?
What do mean in the last part of your post? The light blue image isnt getting darker, you mean the forum markers?
SCMike
Posted: Sep 29 2006, 03:24 AM

Advanced

Yeah, the forum markers aren't changing to the "unread post in this forum" marker for some reason...it seems to be doing it only at certain times, which is why I STILL didn't notice your post here. Also, what I'm looking for is a group of mountains with paths through them and caves to go in to get higher and such. Your mountain is cool, but it's too much and too open...I could reproduce it for the top mountain (only make it smaller) but I'm not exactly sure where the heroes will fight for the Dragon's Eye Topaz. Probably at the Dragon Altar...which reminds me, I also need a dragon-head altar...

EDIT: I also noticed I used the word "mountain" instead of "mountains" and never stated anything about paths through the mountains and such...my bad ^^" The first post has been edited with a HOPEFULLY better way of saying it...

This post has been edited by SCMike on Sep 29 2006, 04:06 AM

--------------------
Blazinks
Posted: Sep 29 2006, 11:33 AM

The toppest poster! (so far) :D

Group: Master
Member No.: 14

If you click ON the marker after reading it, it will go lighter again. Always happens to me if i dont go to the VERY bottom of the screen. >>

--------------------
user posted image
Marked
Posted: Sep 29 2006, 03:31 PM

Master
Group Icon

Whenever there is a new post, the markers get lighter. If there are problems then PM me. Keep this on topic please. SCMike, if you ever cant map something, just do it until you get it right, and you will get practice and get better, also download games and look at how other people do it.
SCMike
Posted: Sep 29 2006, 05:02 PM

Advanced

-nods- Yeah, I'm just wondering where to go for games to download that might have mountain tilesets. I'm also asking for help in all my forums (yes, even .org) so...I'm hoping someone can also teach me some of it...

--------------------
Marked
Posted: Sep 29 2006, 08:52 PM

Master
Group Icon

Have a look at this one I made. It again is undecorated, and needs a little more work.
Mountain Map
SCMike
Posted: Sep 30 2006, 03:18 AM

Advanced

Interesting...I found a mapping tutorial for mountains, so I might try it later...mountains, though, look like they are hard to make (the person said it took them 2 days to make the mountains they made in the tutorial...)

--------------------
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic Options

User legend
Administrator | Moderator | Newbie | Member | Expert | Advanced | Master | Supreme

Lo-Fi Version

Skin designed by Zeus00 of the IF Skin Zone
Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive