Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to PseudoRadio. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (9) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Dragon's Dogma, More RPG goodness on the way
snakeheadfish
Posted: Mar 7 2012, 02:11 PM

The Prince of Cats

Group: Members
Member No.: 27

Is anyone here planning on picking this up? I'm about to drop a preorder any day now I think. But I would like to use friend pawns before some random grab. So if you're in, let it be known and come adventure time, I'll hunt down your pawn to help make them awesomer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGKxUZaJD98

--------------------
Raptr Forum Signature

I work part time at the best comic shop in my city. I teach Dungeons and Dragons on Wednesdays and sling comics on Saturdays.
jessej07
Posted: Mar 7 2012, 02:54 PM

Extra Time for Silly Race

Member No.: 45

I think that pawn system sounds pretty cool, would be nice to also have an actual co-op mode though.

I'm keeping an eye on this one, might be something I'd like to get eventually.

--------------------
user posted image
boothdom
Posted: Mar 7 2012, 03:18 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 354

Oooh, I like the sound of that. Isn't that around the same time as Witcher comes out though?

If so I'm leaning more toward the latter. But if there's a gap I'll definitely be onboard with this.

Cheers,

Dom
prof_dresser
Posted: Mar 7 2012, 03:42 PM

I'm tryna getcha pizza wet

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Okay, that's pretty cool.

--------------------
user posted image
jessej07
Posted: Mar 7 2012, 04:17 PM

Maybe I'll rent and start a character so that when I return to it 8 years later you guys will have made my guy super powerful.

--------------------
user posted image
snakeheadfish
Posted: Mar 7 2012, 04:32 PM

The Prince of Cats

QUOTE (boothdom @ Mar 7 2012, 03:18 PM)
Oooh, I like the sound of that. Isn't that around the same time as Witcher comes out though?

If so I'm leaning more toward the latter. But if there's a gap I'll definitely be onboard with this.

Cheers,

Dom

The Witcher2 is also on my want to play list but, I tend to lean towards games that have some sort of multiplayer/co-op component over single player nowadays. I can play Witcher2 any time, but Dragon's Dogma may only have legs for so long, so I feel like I have to get in on it when people are more likely to be playing it.

--------------------
Raptr Forum Signature

I work part time at the best comic shop in my city. I teach Dungeons and Dragons on Wednesdays and sling comics on Saturdays.
snakeheadfish
Posted: Mar 14 2012, 09:29 AM

The Prince of Cats

--------------------
Raptr Forum Signature

snakeheadfish
Posted: Mar 21 2012, 10:29 AM

The Prince of Cats

Customization of the main character. I didn't think this was even an option. I assumed you were free to make custom pawns and that the main character was set, aside from class and things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=playe...d&v=_9O5j88FXfw

--------------------
Raptr Forum Signature

snakeheadfish
Posted: Apr 24 2012, 09:53 AM

The Prince of Cats

FREE DEMO: Time to check this thing out for myself ...

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/...15-d80243438829

--------------------
Raptr Forum Signature

Spicollidriver
Posted: Apr 24 2012, 10:01 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 14

I just played it and had fun with it. Yes it's still just a button smashing adventure game but fun and some cool enemies.

--------------------
Gamertag: Lunchbox700
Playing: Borderlands , Madden Arcade, NHL 10 Ps 3 , and everything else.
user posted image
snakeheadfish
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 10:24 AM

The Prince of Cats

Checked out the demo last night. Wow the character/pawn customization is deep. It's also a rather beautiful game and the animations are tight. But holy crap there is a lot going on during battles. You got pawns yelling at you, their subtitles flying up the left side, miniature frame close-ups when contextual situations arise, weapon/action controls in one corner changing ... man my mind was having a hard time keeping up. But I did enjoy it quite a bit. Due to the fact that I was so overwhelmed by what I played I think I'll wait for a price drop/sale before picking it up. I don't need to be sitting on another RPG that won't get played right away. That stack is already a tad too high.

--------------------
Raptr Forum Signature

jessej07
Posted: May 20 2012, 09:50 AM

Reading this review almost got me to preorder it just now.

Knowing that everyone here on these boards are waiting for a price drop or just not interested helps me decide to wait on it... though the $10 credit from Amazon is an effective price drop already... and... well... okay I'm still deciding.

I just feel like I'm ready for a hardcore RPG after playing so many tame ones in the past year or more (Dungeon Siege 3, Skyrim, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII, Lord of the Rings). I liked most of those RPGs (okay... not Dungeon Siege 3) but their strengths really weren't in the role playing, leveling, and customizing (except Skyrim) aspects. This game looks like it might be perfect for me.

I guess I should try the demo.

--------------------
user posted image
jessej07
Posted: May 21 2012, 08:33 AM

Okay the demo was extremely short but it was a lot of fun. Climbing onto the bosses and slashing at them is pretty fun, although I hope the camera is a bit better in the final version.

I think I spent more time customizing my character (Beau-nur, I'm so funny!) than I did playing the actual game. I thought it was a generic "pick-a-type-of-look" character generator but you can actually get very detailed.

--------------------
user posted image
snakeheadfish
Posted: May 21 2012, 09:36 AM

The Prince of Cats

I was basing my day one purchase of the game on whether or not anyone on my friends list was getting it so I could utilize their pawns (and would hope for the same courtesy). But it seemed like the game just wasn't striking a strong enough chord with anyone so my eagerness deflated somewhat. I guess I wanted to use friends pawns cause it would have a feeling of co-op even though it wasn't, yet you are helping your buddy with their game in a way. Which I still think is pretty cool.

--------------------
Raptr Forum Signature

johneightu
Posted: May 21 2012, 09:36 AM

"I can't jump high, so I jump from high places." -

Member No.: 4

I want to play it . . . I really want to. But my time playing games has dwindled an awful lot, and the thought of wandering around a ton with ltitle direction scares me a bit.

One I am interested in trying out, though

--------------------
Burntweiners - A Comic Book Review & Discussion Podcast From Guys Who Know Less About Comics Than You Do!
www.burntweiners.com

"Dear Odd, if one's friends do not openly laugh at him, they are not in fact his friends. How else would one learn to avoid saying those things that would elicit laughter from strangers? The mockery of friends is affectionate, and innoculates against foolishness."
- Little Ozzie, speaking to Odd Thomas
« Next Oldest | Signed In | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (9) [1] 2 3 ... Last »

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1377 seconds | Archive