REPLY NEW TOPIC POLL

Question about hunters
Sebastian Lockheart
Posted: Oct 10 2011, 09:48 AM

Priscus [ Sophomore ]
Group Icon

Group: Mixed Blood
Member No.: 248

So I'm making a Seer, and I want her to be part of an actual hunter family, so older siblings are training and all that jazz. But I also don't want them to take up the Ziegler name when they're 18.

So really my question is: can a lone family be hunters, sorta rogue hunters, who work alongside the Ziegler clan, but coz they're not technically part of the clan, don't take the Ziegler name when they graduate?

--------------------
user posted image

17/500 || Single || Power of empathy || Kind

[ Application ] [ Plottage ] [ Tracker ]
^
+Tyler Williams
Posted: Oct 10 2011, 10:05 AM

Empusa [ Senior ]
Group Icon

Group: Mixed blood admin
Member No.: 31

Their family name dont always have to be Zeigler. It can be any name. But they automatically become known as "Ramiel".

An example f what I mean:

Harper hunter #1: William Harper.
Harper hunter #2: Angela Roberts. (Someone not related by any familial bloodlines to William, but if you trace her genealogy long enough, will see her ancestor was part of the original tribe the Harper belonged to).

When William Harper becomes a hunter, among clan he LOSES his name and is collectively known during the Hunt as 'Samael'.

When Angela Roberts becomes a hunter, among clan she LOSES her name and is collectively known during the Hunt as 'Samael'.

Thus:

Upon graduation they shed their family name and take upon the name of the hunter clan they joined.

But on legal documents, they still keep their legal names. Angela will still go to Worthington as Angela Roberts, just as William will still go as William Harper. Granted, the reason for this is because it's convenient as a disguise, but to the Clan Elders, they are Samael, not individually known as William Harper, or Angela Roberts. You know, like in ant colonies? XD

Of course, if a hunter was a HARDCORE one, who is expected in the inner circle of the hunter clan, then yeah, they do lose their name. You must remember that Hunter Clans follow a stronger by the number, what's me is you, I am You mentality, and so the higher up the rung, the more these hunters are expected to show solidarity. Also, at this point, I'd imagine those hunters don't even care anymore about establishing an identity in the modern society. They would be nothing more but hunters, you know? Living breathing just to hunt.

All seers belong to an acknowledged branch of a clan. In extreme cases where a clan hierarchy has broken down (like Harper), knowledge of which family/bloodline possessing the future seers could have been forgotten, in which case I have already mentioned the seers app must explain how this breakdown occurred and why.

If they are technically not part of the clan, that simply means they aren't clan, unless they follow a hierarchy like de la Cruz.

Now, I might be getting ahead of myself, but if your plan is a seer for Ziegler, this might be an issue because:

Hunters of this clan are called Ramiel, The Watcher. These Hunters favor their intellect, and are very much tacticians. They observe, and plan accordingly. Never will they go into battle unprepared. In structure they are only just familial ó organization and a cold detachment from the world is prized in these Hunters, though towards each other they can be rather kind. They show each other compassion and caring, and this might extend towards other people, but it is not favored. These Hunters prefer to stay amongst each other. Rarely do they stray from the pack, so to speak, and when one does leave the group they are exiled, not hunted. Hunters know the value of a human life. German in origin. Seer is open.

Those bolded words bear keeping in mind. ^^

An app of a seer whose name is not the main branch of his clan would be Horace.

Did I answer right? ;_______;
^
Sebastian Lockheart
Posted: Oct 10 2011, 10:15 AM

Priscus [ Sophomore ]
Group Icon

Group: Mixed Blood
Member No.: 248

Ooooh, I see! So technically they can keep their names on a 'to keep with the human society' jazz, but they'll be Ramiel within the hunt and whatnot. I can see this family outside the hunt keeping their names, whatnot, being fairly relaxed and all.

As for the Horace app, *goes to read.*

But yeah, that's fine, thanks! ^ o ^

--------------------
user posted image

17/500 || Single || Power of empathy || Kind

[ Application ] [ Plottage ] [ Tracker ]
^
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

topicoptions REPLY NEW TOPIC POLL

skin made by hafsa/fantome at atf.

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.6894 seconds | Archive