, [ must read ]
Member No.: 1
Joined: 3-May 09
Please register with your character's First and Last name. With proper capitalization and use of lower case. Any other registered name that does not follow this format will either be changed on request or deleted.
examples:Also, Play the Game is an APC (account per character) roleplay. So please, when making a new character, you must register a new name on the board. Thank you!
Jane Austen - correct format
janeausT3N - incorrect format
••• graphics / face claim / avatar
Face claims are optional. But if you do choose a claim, keep in mind only celebrities / models / media people can be used as avatars. You cannot use yourself, (private) pictures of people from social network accounts, or a cartoon image (including anime).
With signatures, make sure you only have one per character. Please note the sizes for both are:
Av limits // 150 (h) x 200 (w) ; --••• posting
Signature limits // 350 (h) x 550 (w) ; --
The board requires no minimum word count for replies. The only request is that you keep replies interesting enough that the person you are posting with can reply back easily.
Correct use of punctuation and grammar is a must when posting replies in the threads. Post using third person perspective (as well as use of past tense) when replying.
Remember that this board is meant for fun. Respect the personal space of your co-writers so OOC drama can be prevented. Please and thank you in advance.
••• on making new characters
There are no character limit per member in this site. However, make sure that the character(s) you are portraying is active, or the staff will be pressed to request you to hold off further character creation until your IC post count goes up.
Also, while we do allow human adults, we would prefer they be involved with the school in some way (teachers, mainly). "Townies", or characters who live in town and do not attend the school, are also allowed.
Please note, when making vampires you cannot make them older than around six hundred (600) years old. It just makes more sense for one thousand (1000) year old vampires to be doing more important things than at a school. They can come in for some events, but they will most likely be NPCs (nonplayable characters).
When it comes to face claims and new characters, if a premade happens to have the face you want, and the premade is not claimed or reserved, let the admins know and you may take that premade's PB. We can find another one, definitely, and premade PB's are optional anyway, they're only suggestions.
••• on God Modding
Unless you have asked permission to do so with the person you are RPing with, it's better to assume the person you RP with isn't comfortable with you controlling their character's actions. Communicate among yourselves your limitations.
••• about staff and members
The staff understands roleplaying is a communal effort. That said, should any problem arise between members (Staff included) the staff will step in to deal with the situation with the board's best interest in mind. Discussion and open communication is key. If you have any problems you wished addressed, PM any of the staff members and we will try to help solve it as much as we can. The Staff have final word in the matter, but we will try to be fair with the decision.
Priscus [ Junior ]
Group: Pureblood Elder Admin
Member No.: 35
Joined: 22-January 10
Worthington's preparatory academy has been open since 1809. We are an elitist school, open to only the highest of students. It is located in sleepy Charlemont, Michigan (a fictional small town near Lake Superior in the Upper Peninsula), where the population is very low as to ensure minimum chances of occasional midnight snacks from the vampire populations. We offer all types of classes with brilliant teachers in each of them.
1. School starts approximately at 7:45 am and ends at 2:30 pm, cutting school will lead to detentions, which are served during the weekends. Vampire rules
2. Uniform is mandatory. Uniform consists of blue slacks or skirts (which should be worn no shorter than three inches above the knee), white button-up shirt, and blue blazer with the school chrest sewed in. Uniforms may not be altered in any way.
3. Ditching school is forbidden; those who do and are caught shall be suspended.
4. Inappropriate behavior during school (back-talking the teacher) shall result in privileges being taken away (no pool privileges, etc), and you will not be allowed to go into town (unless family issues come up).
5. We have a zero-tolerance for drugs and alcohol on school property, if you are found with anything you will be expelled.
6. Fighting on school property also leads to immediate dismissal from school if caught.
7. Students must be in their dorms by 11:30 PM
1. Keep the fact that you're a vampire a secret. You may not reveal yourself to the public, please keep your powers (should you have any) hidden on school grounds as well.ON FEEDING
2. All vampires must meet in the middle of the forest in the town every month on the 15th after school is out.
3. No changing humans without permission from the Elders of your clan.
4. If you are given permission to change a human, it is your responsibility to train and teach them.
5. No biting humans on school grounds. You will be given a warning for doing so if you are caught (unless the feeding results in death of the human, then your punishment will be far more severe).
6. After graduating, you can return to the school after a minimum of five years.
Corresponding to rule #5 above. THERE IS NO BITING ALLOWED ON SCHOOL GROUNDS. The blood donors are not to be picked up and sucked on, and if anyone is caught biting and/or feeding on campus, they will be given a warning the first time and expelled on their second offense (unless death of the human results, then the school must decide what the best course of punishment is).
However, this does not reach to the town, so a vampire may bite a person outside school grounds. So long as the human IS NOT killed.
Worthington’s is not looking to starve their vamps though, nor are they looking to freak out some poor human kid who would… freak… out if bitten.
Enter the blood donors.
Blood donors are students of Worthington’s who have either willingly allowed themselves to have blood taken from them or are just… given monthly blood test. When it comes to Donors, they are often heavily sedated while a needle pulls out just enough blood to keep the human alive and well, while also getting just enough to feed to a vampire. This process happens behind a locked door in the nurse’s station, which is also where shelves upon shelves of blood are held.
These bags/jars/etc of blood are inconspicuously smuggled from the nurse’s office, and bought by vampires at lunch, under the guise of some sort of juice. Basically to save the sanity of all the poor humans who would freak at the sight of actual blood being actually drunk. You may also buy this after school hours to snack on in your dorm.
Blood may be mixed with human food to add “flavor” (though this is likely only something a mixed blood would do, as purebloods were not raised on French fries and pancakes, they’re likely to not bother with it), however human food has NO NUTRITIONAL VALUE to vampires, mixed or otherwise. Its like eating flavored cardboard, do it all you want but you’ll get nothing from it. Again, vampires must have a certain amount of HUMAN BLOOD to survive.