REPLY NEW TOPIC POLL

Damned If I Do, Damned If I Don't, [ Teresa ]
+Amos Pierson
Posted: Nov 9 2011, 09:05 PM

Lamia [ Townie ]
Group Icon

Group: Mixed blood admin
Member No.: 234

He realized early that his family wouldn’t appreciate his vampirism as much as he had. Though, Amos would have forgiven them, they hardly ever had the experience of power that came with being reborn like that. He realized also that his family wouldn’t appreciate him going into a church other than his own to “pray”, or whatever one did in an empty church sometime around midnight. But he would forgive them for that too. Amos believed that being reborn had made him more aware, more open and forgiving to all things. That his family simply wouldn’t have understood.

This was wrong. Amos had simply lost the ability to care about those sorts of things. That may have been exactly what they did understand now, seeing as they were all dead and all. What could the dead possibly care about?

Amos, if you’re of the sort who believe vampires to be dead people walking about, would tell you exactly what he cared about, but he’d be the first to admit that other dead people probably cared about different things. He couldn’t see his family caring about the same things he did. Bloodlust, for one. There was the feeling and knowledge of being able to kill someone that made you angry, and being able to get away with it. The appreciation of being dead, and yet not having your soul separated from your body (or however the hell vampires walk around with regular thoughts and feelings).

But there were some things they would understand. Women his father and brothers would get that. A simple need to scrutinize every religious house was something from his mother, not that he ever did anything with it like she did. Complaints usually came from her, while Amos met the subtle differences with indifference.

He met St. Agnes’ Church with just as much indifference as the others.

From the campsite of Neverwhere he stayed near, Amos had heard stories of strange happenings from almost a year ago. Statues grinded into the ground blockading the door. Recently talk of a body, that of a young singer in the church, had been found last week drained of blood.

The vampires at camp laughed, knowing that this phenomenon was completely in almost all of their hands.

He came and stayed the night, expecting to find some ghost of a vampire making his rounds this night just for Amos’ sake and curiosity. Of course, on this night, Amos had found he wasn’t so lucky.

There were no singers. There were no vampires. The statues didn’t move.

Stretching himself out on a pew, Amos let his eyes inspect the architecture instead. And grew bored after almost an hour.

It was a dark and stormy night.

At midnight in St. Agnes’ church, something knocked and sent the sound echoing through the room.

--------------------
user posted image
^
Teresa Ziegler
Posted: Nov 13 2011, 10:36 PM

Ramiel [ Librarian ]
Group Icon

Group: Clan Hunter
Member No.: 252

Knock. Knock. Knock. The second time. Teresa was waiting patiently, though the short time between the first and the second time knocking contradicted that. Even when the storm was pulling at her clothes and her hair became a wild mess she waited. She felt water on her hands and her face, one of the few parts that were uncovered. It would be difficult to go back to school if it started raining.

The reason she was here, in the middle of the night, was a meeting. With a priest. Last week there was a murder, and she wouldn't leave it to the police for this to be solved. Not if there was blood involved. She could have left it to any hunter, but she had felt reluctant to do so. Why? She wasn't sure herself. But maybe it was the constant feeling of tension in the school and she was able to relieve stress that way. And she was nearby anyway. It doesn't matter much anyway, she told herself, someone has to do it, and if it's me or another hunter doesn't matter. In fact it's better if it's me, like that I can see for myself and find out if this happens a lot.

Anyway, this priest would give her the necessary information. He'd told her he would do so. Teresa had decided on this secret meeting in the night to assure that there wouldn't be any eavesdroppers. Maybe the priest even knew something. He had seemed suspicious and nervous when he'd talked to her. Maybe he even knows of the existence of vampires, Teresa guessed, it would definitely prove that this school is just a compilation of threats, and shouldn't exist. And that means the peace contract also shouldn't exist! That thought put her incredibly at ease even though it meant war. But war was how she grew up, how she was taught to live, and it was now her norm of living. It was hard for her to accept that this could possibly change, and she wouldn't cope easily.

Standing in the cold she didn't even dream that the priest had stayed home because of storm warning. That was something she'd never do. She always kept her promises and did everything that needed to be done, even if a storm was in her way.

The door opened, and what happened next was a matter of split seconds. The person opening the door wasn't the one Teresa had expected. She immediately jumped to conclusions. Priest. Death. Murder. Vampire. Even while she was thinking she grabbed the knife she'd kept under her clothes, and jumped at the person. She expected him to be vampire, just like that, it was a reaction she was trained to have, and she wasn't actually planning to do so. But now her motive was to immobilise him. And if that meant cutting him up she would do it. Though for now she would stick to threatening him with a knife.

--------------------
◊◊ Application ◊◊ Plot Page ◊◊ Tracker ◊◊
^
+Amos Pierson
Posted: Dec 28 2011, 12:34 AM

Lamia [ Townie ]
Group Icon

Was it true that in the past, people running from the law could enter a church for safety? It was a rumor he’d heard before, but certainly no example existed from his days in religion. Sanctuary, apparently, was the word to call.

Probably not here, not in Charlemont after all. How could you know whether or not you were inviting a monster into your home or not, after all? Either way, Amos wasn’t bothered by the knocking. Personal experience had told him that worshippers could come at all hours, looking for redemption or whatever. Poor, destitute, homeless, they would all seek shelter without even knowing how to pronounce ‘sanctuary’, and they weren’t monsters or murders. It wasn’t until he heard the sound of struggle, the shouts, that Amos sat up.

There was no worry. He was grinning like mad.

We’re going to tell you a secret, so sh, keep it to yourself. There's a man in there, lying in the priest's office slumped over in his own blood. But it wasn’t Amos who had anything to do with that. Nor was it the boy that Teresa had, literally, scared the piss out of.

It couldn’t have been the boy, because he was nothing more than a local kid who had come in to spray paint profanity on the bell tower. The only weapon on his person was a red can of spray paint. Besides, he was crying wetly on the ground, howling about how he’d never do it again, what are you crazy please! Put away the knife. He was also human, but that didn’t mean anything.

Amos, a shadow at the door, hadn’t done it either.

Crowley had been killed by a simple knife cutting open his throat. No bite marks or saliva tainted him whatsoever. It was a rare vampire who could resist that much flowing blood.

Amos was not that rare vampire.

But that’s a secret for now. Neither here nor there, Crowley’s body is locked up in his office right now and no one knows he’s there. For now, Amos smelled piss and paint and saw a woman and a boy from where he appeared. And he laughed, holding his hands up in a motion of peace. He’s a good man, he certainly doesn’t hit girls. Not often.

“I’m not with the kid.”

--------------------
user posted image
^
Teresa Ziegler
Posted: Jan 1 2012, 03:50 PM

Ramiel [ Librarian ]
Group Icon

Teresa flinched when she heard a voice behind her. It had been careless of her, she should have known there would probably be more than one vampire when she attacked the boy. The one she'd captured was a human, but he might be an accomplice. For now she was relieved to have grabbed the boy because like this she felt his beating heart, his pulse.

Considering the other person the greater threat she switched her knife in the other hand and pointed it at him. She still held a tight grip on the child though. Over the peak of the knife she looked evaluative at the man. He was slightly taller than her, if not the same, thin, not very muscly, but that didn't mean much if he was vampire - which she guessed he was. Since she was at school she'd noticed the difficulty of identifying a vampire by sight. It drove her insane because often her instincts were kicking in despite her mind telling her the one in front of her was human. Sometimes she wondered if she could trust her instincts at all, at other times she was sure it was the only thing she could trust. Right now she didn't trust her instincts.

"Who is he then?", she asked coolly, ignoring they boy's whimpering. She hadn't seen the spray can yet, even though she smelled the intensive toxic scent. "And who are you?", she added, knowing this was actually the more important question. But if the boy was innocent... he probably shouldn't see more.

Teresa hadn't expected this situation to be like this, she always hid a knife on her body, but she hadn't actually imagined that it could turn out like this. "Where's the priest?", she snarled losing her cool. It shouldn't have turned out like this. She needed the information the priest would have given her. He might be dead, she considered the worst case. She wanted to ask the man right now what he had to do with these murders, even if she needed to cut him open. But the kid was still there... Teresa had been caught on the hop and it was one of these times when she could barely stay patient.

[ooc: I love you Bee. The plot's great and I can use it later. Also I think I've just fallen in love with Amos <3]

--------------------
^
+Amos Pierson
Posted: Feb 4 2012, 10:54 PM

Lamia [ Townie ]
Group Icon

The kid considered himself an innocent bystander.

At this point in time he’d started to cry. It had only been a bit of fun, and now he was being held by knifepoint by some crazy chick, and the only one near enough to help was laughing. Two crazy people in the church, who would have guessed? “I wasn’t doing anything, I don’t know anything! I’m sorry okay! Please don’t hurt me!” Amos was distracted by the kid’s face, clear even in the dark that snot was running from his nostrils, that he’d rubbed paint on his cheeks by accident when he tried to wipe it all away.

It almost made Amos laugh again. But, in the case of a woman with a knife, Amos has been in similar situations more times than he’d like to count. They’re rarely funny moments, more heartbreaking (for him) than anything.

He kept his hands up.

He considered himself a perfect picture of innocence.

“I have absolutely no fucking idea what you’re talking about, I assure you,” he said, his voice patronizing to both of them. “Shouldn’t he be sleeping? Hey kid, have you pissed your pants yet?”

(The kid shoots him a look, personally victimized by two adults is not the way he imagined spending his night.)

--------------------
user posted image
^
Teresa Ziegler
Posted: Feb 20 2012, 07:22 PM

Ramiel [ Librarian ]
Group Icon

It seemed ridiculos, but Teresa was actually comfortable with the seemingly dangerous situation. She knew hunting, the adrenaline, the power. She actually could use her power, could show her hate. Therefore it made her rather uncomfortable when the boy was in no way related to him - probably - and Amos also didn't seem to have done anything wrong.

She needed to meet a decision though, so she acted. "Run, boy, you haven't seen anything", she said coolly. If he was in fact related to the vampire then she would be in trouble. But she would be in bigger trouble if he would stay here and was not related to him. Therefore she decided it was the better solution. Also, he hadn't seen her face yet and by no means they would be able to relate anything to her if he would actually tell someone of today's incident. She loosened her grip on the boy and then pushed him through the door, quickly glancing at him to see if he was really leaving. She'd pushed him too hard and therefore he needed to get up first. He did so rather clumsily, but with a few sobs he later disappeared in the darkness.

Teresa hadn't moved her arm with the dagger in case the vampire tried something weird. But he still was there. His casual, even relaxed behaviour seemed weird towards her. Why didn't he worry if she attacked him or not? It puzzled her and made her wary. But she also kind of... had fun. In her own way.

"So, what have you done with the priest?", she asked right on. Why would a vampire be here instead of a priest, and that when - completely incidentally - their meeting had been about the murders. "Did you kill that singer?" She'd already stamped him off as that person's murderer. And even if he didn't kill that person, he surely had killed someone else in his vampire life. He was a threat to society. If only she could...

--------------------
^
+Amos Pierson
Posted: Jun 6 2012, 02:17 AM

Lamia [ Townie ]
Group Icon

“Lady, have you been taking some crazy juice or something? Cause you sure as hell sound like it.”

It wasn’t that hard to imagine Amos killing a priest if you knew him (if you knew him, it wasn’t that hard to imagine Amos killing anyone), but the point of the matter was that this woman didn’t know him. There was no crime against lying (was there? well, it didn’t really matter anyway), looking like some cocky asshole off the streets. Though, with her threatening stance, Amos didn’t sweep away the possibility of a fight. Based on her persistent question, I don’t know wasn’t going to be an easy way out. Even when he honestly didn’t know this time (swear on my life! Though… singer you say? Care to be more specific?).

“Ain’t you supposed to yell sanctuary here or something and no one can hurt you?” he asked, dancing a step backward. There was a straight line to get out if he turned and ran, though the out would involve busting a few windows open. Pity, stained glass was so pretty.

There’s a curve though, and it goes straight by the priest’s room, and it doesn’t require broken glass or leaving the church. Just a jump and you can make it up the stairs, go as high as you want and make it into the rafters. Hunting from above was always easier, after all. Amos had a second to make up his mind on what to do when faced with the tense angry woman, and he didn’t need it all.

Which is more fun?

Letting out a screech of terror, he pointed behind Teresa (the diversion works at least half the time, good enough). Amos turned, and ran for the curve.

--------------------
user posted image
^
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

topicoptions REPLY NEW TOPIC POLL

skin made by hafsa/fantome at atf.

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1775 seconds | Archive