InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Osiris Games (Forum). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Available Titles:

Bacterium Imperium available for download! (click here to download)
Extermination available for download! (click here to play)
Gemstones available for download! (click here to download)
Bestseller available for download/purchase! (click here to purchase)

Pages: (5) « First ... 3 4 [5]  ( Go to first unread post )

Last Post Problems with 1.2.00, Please read before posting
djrussell
Posted: Aug 13 2009, 07:00 AM

God-Mode! RRRAGGGEEE

Group: Admin
Member No.: 174

Are you running Vista on this new laptop? You could always try right clicking on the desktop icon, hitting Properties and changing the Compatibility to Windows XP... try that, sometimes Vista can be a funny OS. It works fine on mine, but I've suggested that same solution to other Vista users and they have said it works. So try giving it a shot, if not let me know and we'll try and figure something else out smile.gif

--------------------
user posted image
tview07
Posted: Aug 13 2009, 10:24 AM

Night Shift Gamer

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,216

That didnt work, but I did get the game to work.... I had to run it as an admin.... I had to do that on a couple of other games too.... I hate vista, but thats all you can get now on a pc..... Thanks for the help, and I love the game.
djrussell
Posted: Aug 20 2009, 04:10 PM

God-Mode! RRRAGGGEEE

Fantastic! Good news, and I'm glad you're enjoying the game smile.gif Cheers

--------------------
user posted image
PeterW
Posted: Dec 2 2009, 01:49 AM

Night Shift Gamer

Member No.: 3,263

Other problem:
When I press "continue" for begin a novel, the program exits.
thedangerzolo
Posted: Dec 2 2009, 12:37 PM

Osiris Whore Gamer

Member No.: 1,406

Give more information about your system. What operating system your using ? what's your pc spec. ? . that way we can help you.

--------------------
user posted image

R.I.P XBOX 360 ELITE XBOX LIVE 6/11/2009
user posted image

user posted image
Relative Reality Games NOW OPEN
PeterW
Posted: Dec 2 2009, 08:17 PM

Night Shift Gamer

Member No.: 3,263

Windows XP
ben3683914
Posted: Dec 3 2009, 05:58 AM

Mr. FM Inc.

Member No.: 1,495

What about specs?

--------------------
Eye Ball Hosting Solutions: Affordable premium web hosting!
Cheapest package is 50 Cents!

Play Review
djrussell
Posted: Dec 13 2009, 11:44 AM

God-Mode! RRRAGGGEEE

Thats unusual PeterW, does it happen when you start a new game and do you get an error messages or just a crash?

--------------------
user posted image
chenchen21621
Posted: Dec 15 2010, 10:26 AM

One Post Wonder

Member No.: 3,350

Strangely enough... I got an error message while trying to publish my book.
It says that "an error has occured while trying to load this message." It tells me to either disregard the message and try again or to contact Myrtilus Games... however there is no way of me closing the message. Can't do anything... biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

user posted image
tiffany necklaces tiffany rings tiffanys
Someone
Posted: Dec 16 2011, 04:25 PM

One Post Wonder

Member No.: 3,508

I bought Bestseller 2 days ago.

I have several problems with it.

Major problem 1: I am having difficulty with goal 18. The goal says I need to negotiate a contract and recieve 65+% (also needs to be for 3+ years and $40,000+ (I'm being offered 300,000-500,000+ so that's not a problem), but it won't let me go above 45%. I'm not talking about the publishing company denying me. When it is at 45% and I click the + button, it stays at 45%. So it makes the goal unbeatable.
I've tried using the cheats to see if maybe my charisma or rhetoric was too low. But even with max stats, and max popularity, the most it will let me try to negoatiate is 65%.

Minor problem 1: The charts don't really work. I think this issue has been addressed before. The charts don't seem to update right.

Minor problem 2: When I save a game and then quit the progam, none of my current selling books are selling.

Minor problem 3: Sometimes on the 1st month I will sell 10,000 to 20,000 books in one region. Then the next month, there will be no sales. This is especially true of the United States. This is even true when popularity is 100%, hype is 100%, and all other stats are 100%. Mostly it will sell 10,000+ books in US on 1st month, and then 8,000+ on second month and third month 0.

Minor problem 4: I don't see any purpose for rhetoric. Whether I have 2% rhetoric or 100% everything appears to be the same.

Minor problem 5: There is no user guide that explains many of components, their uses and how to change them. See above with rhetoric. The tutorial is just merely the tip of the iceberg. It took me a while to figure out how to raise my charisma etc.

Minor problem 6: Stress and Health have had 0 effect on the games I've played. Having in pointless elements is pointless.

Summary: I appreciate all the hard work that went into this game. However, I am extremely disappointed in the game play, espeically with it being seemingly unbeatable in Career Mode due to "major problem 1".
I hope you are able to help me enjoy the game.
Neobros
Posted: Dec 17 2011, 11:09 PM

The Lone Gamer

Member No.: 1,595

The Osiris forum's been effectively inactive for some time; Damien Russell (The games creator) doesn't frequent here often. If you'd like to try and get hold of him at "MyrtilusGames@yahoo.com.au" he may be able to help you out with your concerns.

--------------------
"In free governments the rulers are the servants and the people their superiors and sovereigns" - Benjamin Franklin
djrussell
Posted: Jan 30 2012, 05:49 AM

God-Mode! RRRAGGGEEE

Better yet join us on facebook -- just do a search for the Osiris Games group.

I'll try and sum up some of your concerns:

1. It is possible, it is a hard goal to achieve but certainly possible. It requires you to release several successful books with the SAME publisher to achieve this goal. The publisher must already be a good one to begin with also.

2. A certain degree of luck is also associated with book sales. I did plan on redoing the entire system for Bestseller 2 and even implementing the new code into an update in BS but never got around to it. Some books will sell for months and gain lots of popularity and money, others (even good books) will sell well for a few weeks and then drop off the charts all together (much like real life).

3. Stress and health does have an effect on the game; certain events are only triggered when you are stressed, and bad health can actually kill your character. If you are playing in Sandbox mode, you are correct; health has no effect. Rhetoric is a skill mainly used at negotiations with publishers. It does have an effect on the sort of deal you can get usually early on in the game -- once you are a major author however rhetoric takes a backseat in negotiations to overall popularity.

4. The tutorial is to guide you to the basics.... the rest is up to you. I didnt want to write a manual on how to play the game because it will vary from people -- and finding new things out is half the fun.

--------------------
user posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Pages: (5) « First ... 3 4 [5] 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1494 seconds | Archive