Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Da Warpath. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Newz: Da Warpath's 9th Conversion Competition: Chariot Edition Edition - ENTER HERE!

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Article By Arfa No.2, Choose most awesome of awesome moments!
Pointy-Eared Git
Posted: Jun 15 2005, 07:28 AM

Da Warpath's resident mad scientist of conversions
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
Member No.: 2,092

Alrighty then! Instead of your typical poll system I'll ask you all to vote for your favourite three moments from bellow. This helps spread out the votes and prevents people from being too biased after all! Please keep your votes as follows:

Sample Vote

#1 - My favourite choice, number X by ***

#2 - Second favourite, number X by ***

#3 - Third favourite, number X by ***

Ok its pretty simple people, the top five out of those listed bellow will be ranked in order and, in some cases, reworded and published in the first issue of the mag. Now please get voting so we can hopefully get this magazine off the ground!

THE CONTENDERS ARE...

QUOTE ("Arfa")
Playing against an uber-cheese tzeench chaos army. Massive chaos lord, lv 4 sorcerer, flying disk, all the trimmings; about 450 odd points. He decides to try to take out my giant in close combat (having an uber-cheese magic weapon to match) and charges in succesfully. hits with three attacks (poor considering), needs a 3+ to wound or something rediculous like that, and rolls two ones and a two. Giant responds by reaching down with his hand (chaos lord failing to do anything on the automatic attack he gets), picking up the lord and eating him! no save, no ward save, just eaten. gone. forever. my opponant litterally cried, and the entire store was laughing their arses off.

Subsequently the giant died a hidiously painfull death at the hands of chosen knights, but it was all worth it in the end.

QUOTE ("TeethHammer")
I think I've already said this one, however I have to bring it back up.

I was playing High Elves, and I moved my orcs forward only to succeed in an irresistable WAAAGH!!! spell. A lot of charges were made, but the most notable one was my 4 snotling bases into his most expensive heavy calvary unit of Silver Helms, lead by a Prince.

The snotlings caused some odd wounds, and ended up causes 3 casualties, while he succeded in none. I thought it was great now that his prince would be held up until my black orcs could move in and murder the pansy elves at their leisure.

However, when combat resolution came around I ended up winning by one! I was skipping around the table, because snots actually won a combat resolution. With High Elf leadership he would surely stay... however he rolled 10 and was running. He rolled... and went something like 8 inches. My snotlings pursued 10! Little mad jabbering greenies overruning and murderring a High Elf prince and his bodyguard of heavily armored calvary... There's jus an image in my mind of babboon tactics and mighty, clean High Elves being turned away by little snots.

QUOTE ("Grin the Fat")
The best moment i had was with my general a night goblin warboss...

We were playing one of those missions where you get half the points your opposition gets and i was playing my night gobbos and he was playin chaos. It started by warboss charging a bloodthirster. We did combat with me going first and i somehow managed to do 2 wounds!!(yay!!). I expected to die but he rolled his dice and did no wounds(i had a ward save of 5+). I managed to win combat by 2 and the bloodthirster died. Our whole club went up in tears of laughter and after that he procceded to kill another exalted daemon of chaos!! Also he managed to keep my whole army from running away!! That was the BEST game i have ever had.... biggrin.gif With the points done up it had seemed that i had scored a massacre in favour of the goblins!!

QUOTE ("Goofycabal")
Massive 6 player game (Orcs and Undead vs Wood Elves and Empire) in 4th Edition had me in command of ALL of our sides' Doom Divers (6 in total). In one Magic Phase, I managed to score 6 Misfires (ie EVERY single Doom Diver Misfired), and ended up having 4 of them self destruct on me...

It was the funniest thing ever happy.gif. Needless to say, I handed control of the remaining two to one of the other players after that...

Da numba between 4 an' 5.
QUOTE ("The Inedible Hulk")
Yesterday my giant picked up a Lord of Khorne and ate him.

That lord cost 350+ points.

Good giant.

QUOTE ("barbag bighorn")
Well the most exiting game for me was the one I won  unsure.gif

QUOTE ("Fellowsfrogs")
Quintessential greenskin moment one was very recent. Around turn 5 against ogres the deadly Tyrant charged out of his devastated unit to attack a bolt thrower that had been peppering him with jagged spearpoints. The goblins saw him coming and where perhaps to dim to understand the danger. He swung a great mace at them and missed completely. Taking advantage of the off-balance fatty a goblin drove a spear into his girth, wounding him. That crew claimed 3 wounds off that monster with two chukka bolts and one dim/brave goblin.

QUOTE ("millemi21")
My friend's O&G's Giant charges a unit of 3 Chaos Knights led by none other than ARCHAON!!! My friend rolls the Giant's special attack and manages the "Pick Up and..." attack. Archaon rolls his one attack with his demonic sword (can't remember the name of the sword) but only proceeds to wound himself. The Giant player then rolls "Pick Another...". He does this TWO times (rolls 2 "6"'s) before eventually throwing a knight back into what's left of the unit. The Chaos player with his one remaining Knight (who cannot attack as he's not in base-to-base contact) just stands looking stunned.

The outcome of the combat was the Giant chasing what was left of the unit across the tabletop. As you can imagine, there was a mad scuffle for rulebooks and army books to see if this was legal.

QUOTE ("GustavusAdolphus")
My best one is casting gork's warpath in turn one, and at a tournament at that, destroying two silverhelm units, two chariots and three wounds to a dragon.

QUOTE ("Groshnak")
when my giant (yes, i've used one once) fell over on my tooled-up general (yes, i've done that too) in the last turn. what would have been a major victory resulted in a draw just because my damn giant got clobbered and buried my 200pts blorc warboss under him.

QUOTE ("Draig Arthur")
Had a game today against my friend and his Skaven army. My wonderful little pump wagon started the game by careering into his Rat Ogres and mowing down all three of them biggrin.gif It went on to wipe out a unit of Night Runners, a weapon team and a Warplock Engineer. What a game.

QUOTE ("GrimviewGrot")
My 20 Goblin Archers across from 16 Chaos Warriors of Khorne(with Hand Weapons, Shields and Heavy Armour). Shot at the buggers. 19 hits, 18 wounds. He made 2 saves. All Warriors die. An 80-point unit(had full command) slaughtered over 200 points of Chaos Warriors. Was a glorious moment...

QUOTE ("GHOSTEATER_the_PALE")
i was up against bretonnians again and my friend is trying to flank my side with 3 pegasus knights to get my war machines. i have 7 wolfboyz(fastcav) some reason he doesnt charge me i think he was using them to block a charge on a mage or something, so i take the charge on his peg knights i win rez and he flees i destroy them and charge into the rear of a unit of 12 knights of the realm. he misses all his rolls i get some much needed kills unbelievably and his unit breaks and i run them down as well. wolfboyz have a very special place in my heart tongue.gif and so far every time i he uses peg knights i put my wolfboyz up against them. so far its wolfboyz 5 peg knights 1

QUOTE ("Arfa")
I win at the most awesome moment today, as it happened against me. 1500pt battle, Savage Orc Big Boss with pigstikka and 7man squad of savage boar boys with banner of butchery charges into a night goblin regiment with my opponants BSB and General (Night Gobbo big boss with great weapon, talisman of protection and an already used dose of Guzlas brew) and declared a challenge. He accepted, realising how doomed he was anyway, and my General stepped up. Activated the banner, giving the big bloke a total of 8 S:5 attacks (3 base, +1 frenzy, +1 banner, +3 Pigstikka), plus his boar. Missed with 5 attacks, failed to wound with two, then the final attack got bounced off with the 6+ ward. The boar did a wound but the embarresment had already set in by this stage as the gobbo picked up his club (an old clubber model, perfect for great weapon big bosses) and beat the orc into a pulp (two wounds with three attacks) and won combat. This would have been embarresing enough but no, the boar boys had to flee only 11" and then be cut down as the night goblins rolled double 6's. This is where I packed up the army and we went to lunch.

The moral of this story is never send an Orc to do a Goblins work.

QUOTE ("The Inedible Hulk")
Just yesterday we wrapped up the Treasure Island event at my store, where a bunch of players use their border patrol forces to play games and the more they win the closer they get to the middle of some jungle island and the first one there gets the treasure, which gives a bonus in the upcoming Silk Road campaign. Anyway I was the first to get to the centre, and to win I had to play against one of the staff members at a 750 point battle. The catch? He was using Grey Seer Thanquol and Boneripper in his skaven army, along with a small unit of stormvermin (plus ratling gun) and some slaves.

Well I wiped out Boneripper on turn 1 with a giant spear to the spinal cord (hit him on a 5 with my spear chukka, rolled 3 wounds) and the rest was pretty much me dodging his magic as I tried to get forward. My goblin chariot took out the ratling gun, but not before it blew my giant to small bits in one round. It overran and took out the stormvermin, but Thanquol skitterleaped away so I was out of line of sight and range for everything, and had a massively powerful magic rat on my tail who I couldn't catch (his slaves were killed by my boyz).

But here comes the interesting bit. The only thing that could see Thanquol was my rock lobber. So I figured, what the hell. I guessed 32 inches, rolled the scatter and artillery dice... HIT. I measure 32 inches, WHAM, straight onto the guy's head laugh.gif . Strength 8 hit, scored 3 wounds, he failed his ward save and bit the dust. That was one of the most fulfilling things I've had, and shows how far I've come with range guessing.

QUOTE ("Turelio")
Second favourite was in a battle a few weeks previous to that. I was playing against dwarves, and hadnt played for month. I also had finished my 1000 pt army, so wanted to use them. I waited 10 years for a fully painted legal army (963 points in the end due to an error i think, but i was using them as 1000) . I managed to get my shaman the two magic missle spells from little waaagh, and proceeded to blast his units with them. By the time the got close to me, they were usually half strength. My arrer boyz also took down a gyro, and after a failed charge left my chariot alone in combat, which it lost, it fled down the board, then chuicked a U-Turn only to come crashing back into the unit that had beaten it, but was now supported by a goblin unit. It won, and the gobbos chased down the unit.

Right then, get voting people!

Arfa da Grate

This post has been edited by Arfa on Jun 21 2005, 01:03 PM
Snotstaff
Posted: Jun 15 2005, 07:42 AM

A diplomat between the barbies and Da Path

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,127

Cool idea. Barbag? tongue.gif
Pointy-Eared Git
Posted: Jun 15 2005, 07:58 AM

Group Icon

I thought we needed a comedic element in there somewhere. Anyway, what are your votes snotstaff?

Arfa da Grate
Snotstaff
Posted: Jun 15 2005, 08:17 AM

A diplomat between the barbies and Da Path

Member No.: 2,127

1. Number 5 tongue.gif

2. Number 4

3. Number 13.

happy.gif happy.gif happy.gif
Zorg_orc_warboss
Posted: Jun 15 2005, 08:22 AM

Warlord of the White Fists Tribe!
Group Icon

Member No.: 272

Wow there all so funny and thanks for selecting them arfa. Here is my vote:

#1 - My favourite choice, number 2 by TeethHammer
#2 - Second favourite, number 6 by Fellowsfrog
#3 - Third favourite, number 11 by GrimviewGrot

#2 was my favourite because the snottlings actualy killed all those silver helms which is outrageouse. #6 is also an outrageouse tale of snots (ie. the weak crew) vs. uber troopes and they won! Ogres are nasty yet they still won. and finaly # 11 is funny because of the odds i mean orcs and goblins never hit but to hit and wound with all but 2! And then to have them all die, hilariouse.

I hope more people vote for this as it will be a great article.

Oh yeah if you want arfa due to you being no longer in charge of Aod's you can be in charge of new trial rules submissions like special charecters or new units (forest gobbos!). If you want to be in charge of this as well tell me.

Keep up the good work! biggrin.gif
ramm
Posted: Jun 15 2005, 12:12 PM

Admin....

Member No.: 2,032

1: Number...........................11!!! biggrin.gif
2: Number 6
3: Number 13

laugh.gif
Pointy-Eared Git
Posted: Jun 15 2005, 02:26 PM

Group Icon

QUOTE (Zorg_orc_warboss @ Jun 15 2005, 08:22 AM)
I hope more people vote for this as it will be a great article.

Oh yeah if you want arfa due to you being no longer in charge of Aod's you can be in charge of new trial rules submissions like special charecters or new units (forest gobbos!). If you want to be in charge of this as well tell me.

Keep up the good work! biggrin.gif

That sounds good actually, but does that mean editing the new rules (or asking for a compromise) or just selecting the best as is? Whatever it involves Ill do it, because just random stuff (as entertaining as it is) will prove quite the challenge down the road!

Anyway, time for my votes!

#1 - Number 7, by millemi21

#2 - Number 1, by Arfa

#3 - Number 11, by GrimviewGrot

Now I know you'll all be having a cry because I voted for myself, but you really had to be there to see the look on his face. Im not joking here when I say that 6 models suffered greatly in this, the biggest Warhammer tantrum I have ever seen in my life. The guy (a mate of mine) is probably the worst looser on the planet and was almost kicked out of the store, amd Im quite serious when I say that this incident (along with a couple of previous ones) made him quit Warhammer altogether. I voted millemi's first because it sounds like a very similar incident, except this time killing Archaon and I hate him with a vigour. Besides, I couldnt vote for me as first, that wouldnt seem right! My third vote goes without saying, and I love it because it proves everyones theories of the fact that bows are cr@p WRONG! biggrin.gif

Anyway, everyone continue voting and hopefully this article will be a great success!

Arfa da Grate

This post has been edited by Arfa on Jun 15 2005, 02:27 PM
GHOSTEATER_the_PALE
Posted: Jun 15 2005, 02:32 PM

Goblin

Member No.: 2,021

good stuff...

GHOSTEATER the PALE, shaman of the Pale Moon Clan
Warboss Boankrakur
Posted: Jun 15 2005, 03:03 PM

Orc Warboss

Member No.: 83

All of them were good, but since I have to choose...

This post has been edited by Warboss Boankrakur on Jun 15 2005, 03:04 PM
Groshnak
Posted: Jun 15 2005, 03:04 PM

MotM Nov 2005

Member No.: 178

#1 - number 9.

#2 - number 13

#3 - number 1.

btw, great idea, this will be a nice article wink.gif
Lard Tub
Posted: Jun 15 2005, 04:35 PM

Brew Master
Group Icon

Member No.: 46

1. Number 11
2. Number 13
3. Number 1 (I had a similar thing with a 400 pt vampire lord!)
Nullus
Posted: Jun 16 2005, 09:38 AM

Goblin

Member No.: 1,089

1. Number 1
2. Number 2
3. Number 5

That stuff was hilarious.... laugh.gif
Aenarion
Posted: Jun 19 2005, 10:59 AM

Belgian ETC team captain

Member No.: 2,022

1) # 14 by The Inedible Hulk
2) # 13 by Arfa
3) #2 by TeethHammer

No Giant stories ... gaints are passť.

Klaw
Pointy-Eared Git
Posted: Jun 19 2005, 11:41 AM

Group Icon

Votes close this Friday people, so please get voting and help out the mag!

Arfa da Grate
Goofycabal
Posted: Jun 21 2005, 01:44 AM

Offical Welcome Admin, and Master of Chug an' Lug
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 65

1) My one (Number 4)
2) Inedible Hulk (also 4 dry.gif )
3) Fellowsfrogs (number 6)
« Next Oldest | Da Warpath Quarterly | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1056 seconds | Archive