InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Da Warpath. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Newz: Da Warpath's 9th Conversion Competition: Chariot Edition Edition - ENTER HERE!

Mangler Squig Question, Triples for removal
Giblit
Posted: Apr 28 2012, 02:05 PM

Orc

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,529

I was reading a battle report and he removed his manglers when they rolled a triple for movement but they had not yet contacted anything. While this was different than my interpretation of the rules I wanted to ask the community what the general consensus was, my interpretation below. Any emphasis my own.

"Mangler Squigs are removed as a casualty when:
They have gone crazy and rolled a triple for movement"

I would agree the squigs are removed as a casualty when they rolled a triple for any movement except for the fact they have a special rule called gone crazy which only starts affecting them once they contact another unit and do the first round of hits.

I view this similar to how fanatics can roll doubles on the turn they are released and not explode. I see this fluffwise as the goblins with the manglers have a rough control over the squigs until they have hit something, after which they get the random direction rule. I see the triples as the two squigs going in different directions and pulling each other apart.

Comments, questions, concerns?
inquiring minds would like to know

Morten C
Posted: Apr 28 2012, 02:19 PM

Warboss

Member No.: 5,542

I think it's quite clear from the rules that your interpretation of the rules is correct!

Mangler squigs are only removed on a triple movement, if they've gone crazy, and that isn't until they've been into contact with an enemy unit.
Lordcypress
Posted: Apr 28 2012, 03:12 PM

Goblin

Member No.: 5,324

I agree. I think that it was just a simple mistake by the Orc and Goblins player.
Shimmergloom
Posted: Apr 28 2012, 09:22 PM

Warboss

Member No.: 2,177

It was my battle report and before this forum told me it was for all triples, which is why I do it for all triples.

That was the first time it has happened in months outside of universal battle where it's happened once or twice, but their dice system is skewed.

I'll just show my opponents the rule now for a while to get them to see it in writing and not just think I am trying to change things. And to make sure they agree.
« Next Oldest | Rulez Questionz | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0566 seconds | Archive