Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Da Warpath. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Newz: Da Warpath's 9th Conversion Competition: Chariot Edition Edition - ENTER HERE!

My First Orcs And Goblins Army Blog, Im new to Orcs and goblins and Warhammer
Hamish358
Posted: Apr 24 2012, 08:53 PM

Snotling

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,771

Hi All, im relatively new to Warhammer as i was drawn to 40k as a teen playing armies like black templars and catachans Vomit.gif i finally saw sense and decided to try and learn how to play the much more tactical game of fantasy, but what Army to start with? this was'nt a choice as i was offered a mega battalion of Orcs and goblins off my Mums boyfriend (pete) which was opened and some spider riders had been glued but most were still on their sprues i have added things like aracknarok and SOBB, my Mum and Pete eventually went on to build skaven and ogre armies whilst i have been building and painting my orcs and gobbos. Over the past 12 months i have'nt progressed very quickly but i have put nearly every model i own into an army roster of 1500 points with the potential to expand to 2000 after all existing are completed. Ill list the army roster below and then an additional 500 points.

Black orc warboss 160pts
night goblin big boss(BSB,light armour,shield) 59
night goblin shaman(extra level) 85
Savage orc shaman(extra level,fencers blades, war boar) 164

17 orc boyz (mus,SB,shields) 139
20 orc boyz (Full command,spears,shield) 195
40 night goblins (shield,spear,netters, F/C, 2 fanatics) 242

5 savage orc boar boyz (shield,spear,F/C)

Arachnarok spider (flinger) 320

added 500 points

10 black orcs (F/C) 155 i own these, built
2 Boar chariots,170. i own one need to buy another, not built, possible conversions!!
Doom diver catapult 80, need to buy
goblin rock lobba (orc bully) 95, need to buy

Below are pictures of current progress with arachnarok crew and howdah, finishing touches to 17 orc boyz mob, fully painted models and unpainted models in my collection.

Please your critique and advice is very important! I need all the help i can get when it comes to converting, sculpting, basing and advanced painting techniques. Pictures following in next post.

doolan100
Posted: Apr 25 2012, 02:44 PM

Goblin

Member No.: 5,760

a quick glance at ur chars and i know your orc shaman cant take the fencers blades if he's mounted. only the boys and bosses have wild abandon which allows them to duel wield whilst mounted.

play some practice games and see what u like, O&G are all about fun and less about winning. coz theres always more boys to come back and av anuvva go!
Hamish358
Posted: Apr 26 2012, 09:49 PM

Snotling

Hi, cheers doolan100 thats something i never knew, I will have to spend them 35pts on a spear chukka instead, sorry for the delay with the photos it took me ages to find a hosting site. below are my wolf riders which were the first unit i painted but are'nt in my plans for Waagh!

user posted image

Gamesday 2000 Black orc warboss painted by Pete

user posted image

user posted image

The latest unit i Painted the Savage orc boar boyz and savage orc shaman

user posted image

user posted image

6 Orc boyz from the 17 strong mob the other 11 are nearly finished and will post their progress

user posted image

ok guys ive got plenty more pictures to put on including my Arachnarok! Please feel free to leave any critique, advice or tips.

This post has been edited by Hamish358 on Apr 26 2012, 10:05 PM
Hamish358
Posted: Apr 26 2012, 09:57 PM

Snotling

user posted image

Hamish358
Posted: Apr 26 2012, 10:00 PM

Snotling

user posted image
BorkBork
Posted: Apr 26 2012, 10:40 PM

also known as Bonapork

Member No.: 1,951

great start Hamish

about the fencers blades on a mounted boss i am not too sure if Doolan is right. The wild abandon rule is about additional hand weapons which the fencers blade is not. We had a debate about it some time ago and although I may seem logical not to allow it, i think most people agreed you could.

Morkmillian
Posted: Apr 26 2012, 11:24 PM

Orc

Member No.: 6,462

nice start,
i like the skins tones - seems similer to mine.
and your lucky to own that limited ed black orc smile.gif

arach looks great to - my only bit of critique.
im not sure taking the flinger is the best option(i could be corrected on this) so you could save yourself 20 points + you can build your own rock lobber out of it and save yourself some cash to!

some poeple here have made great rock lobbers out of it.

looking forward to more smile.gif
Hamish358
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 06:19 AM

Snotling

Ah I see, I thought the fenders blades were ok because I posted my roster in the army list section and nobody questioned it and nearly all the other players army lists contain some mounted character similar with the blades, it is important having ws10 and an extra attack because he will be trying to take arcane fulcrums in SOM And will be trying to hold off Ogres, HE and Ratmen for as,long as,possible. Morkmillian thanks for the advice I always doubted what the finger would bring to the table and I haven't glued it together yet so I defo want to build my own rock lobber conversion do you know where the articles are from other members conversions are so I can look for ideas? I also took time to look at your army blog I'm loving the wyvern and goblin characters they really well painted!
theorox
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 11:09 AM

Decidedly Average
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 5,753

Mounted characters CAN take the Fencer's Blades. They are paired weapons, and paired weapons don't have the "on foot only" restriction on them. smile.gif

The stuff is looking cool so far, a few areas are looking a bit "flat" and could maybe use a wash or something, but overall the army is really shaping up! Nice job, and welcome to Da Warpath!

Theo
cb_rex
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 11:14 AM

Warboss Azbad Bonecruncher

Member No.: 4,967

Good work, the savages and the Arachnarok are coming along really nicely.
Wazoo
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 09:56 PM

Big Boss

Member No.: 5,687

Nice, I really like the wolf riders, nice and clean!

Wazoo
Hamish358
Posted: Apr 28 2012, 12:31 PM

Snotling

The next photos are models near completion or in progress, so we have the arach howdah and crew and 11 orc boyz that need finishing watch out for more detailed pictures in the future when they are finished properly, Also adding some pictures of Idol of Mork scenery and night gobbo boss with pet squig from the skull pass set that i bought off ebay simply because i love the models biggrin.gif

user posted image

user posted image
Hamish358
Posted: Apr 28 2012, 12:53 PM

Snotling

These are models I bought off eBay they have a poor paint job so I'm gonna undercoat them and start from scratch.
user posted image

user posted image
« Next Oldest | Army Blogs | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0817 seconds | Archive