InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Da Warpath. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Newz: Da Warpath's 9th Conversion Competition: Chariot Edition Edition - ENTER HERE!

Discount Miniatures
Squig Tickla
Posted: Apr 24 2012, 10:09 AM

Snotling

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,091

going to buy a NG army, wondering if anyone knows a good and reliable website where i can buy the games workshop products at a cheaper price, so far i've seen wayland games have a few NG stuff at a small discount, anyone know any better websites for me to save a few pennies? cheers.
BorkBork
Posted: Apr 24 2012, 10:25 AM

also known as Bonapork

Member No.: 1,951

Xellpher
Posted: Apr 24 2012, 10:26 AM

Goblin

Member No.: 6,074

Maelstrom games

Ebay

Depend where you live. If your outside the EU, then it can be difficult.
Squig Tickla
Posted: Apr 24 2012, 10:40 AM

Snotling

Member No.: 4,091

wayland games is a few pounds cheaper that the above website, but thanks anyway.
EntertainMe
Posted: Apr 24 2012, 11:11 AM

Big Boss

Member No.: 2,893

Maelstrom has very frequent discount actions.

Just make a profile on their site and you will be informed by mail.

Discounts are usually 15%. Sometimes a bit more but only on certain products.

Grtz
-EM-
Biggrin
Posted: Apr 25 2012, 06:26 AM

Goblin

Member No.: 6,830

www.darksphere.co.uk/

seem to be one of the cheapest online stores as well, always get great service from them too
amplebob
Posted: Apr 25 2012, 09:12 AM

Boss

Member No.: 5,413

QUOTE (Biggrin @ Apr 25 2012, 06:26 AM)
www.darksphere.co.uk/

seem to be one of the cheapest online stores as well, always get great service from them too

I play down at darksphere in Waterloo, London. It is a very good store with very good service and you get 25% off gw if you order online.
Biggrin
Posted: Apr 25 2012, 05:55 PM

Goblin

QUOTE (amplebob @ Apr 25 2012, 09:12 AM)
www.darksphere.co.uk/

I play down at darksphere in Waterloo, London. It is a very good store with very good service and you get 25% off gw if you order online.

What's it like down there? was trying to work out how many tables there were out, thought about popping up a few times but wasn't sure i'd get a game smile.gif
Morkmillian
Posted: Apr 26 2012, 09:06 PM

Orc

Member No.: 6,462

I like total wargamer and triplehelix games. They both offer 20% of usually. Wayland and maelstrom ship things faster tho but only offer 10%. All 4 are reliable tho.
The Nurge
Posted: May 18 2012, 07:46 PM

Goblin

Member No.: 5,434

I love Miniature Market. I'm in the US, and they sell most GW merchandise for 25% off. Not sure how their shipping outside the US works. Worth a look for sure.
Guru_Swami
Posted: May 18 2012, 08:27 PM

Goblin

Member No.: 6,202

QUOTE (The Nurge @ May 18 2012, 07:46 PM)
I love Miniature Market. I'm in the US, and they sell most GW merchandise for 25% off. Not sure how their shipping outside the US works. Worth a look for sure.

Agreed. I just started purchasing from these guys not too long ago and the service is fantastic. Plus, orders of $99 or $100 (I can't remember for sure) get free shipping in the USA, so I just batch up a few things to get that total. SCORE! biggrin.gif
Gradolt
Posted: May 22 2012, 04:55 PM

Goblin

Member No.: 6,514

I'm canadian, I buy my stuff on bitzbarn.com. Even a little cheaper that maelstrom and internationnal shipping is only 4$ for the entire order...
theorox
Posted: May 23 2012, 11:08 AM

Decidedly Average
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 5,753

Maelstrom has a 17% off UK RRP voucher going on, which ends on the 28th of March. It does not work on any Flames of War, Gale Force Nine, Kingdom Death, Studio MvVey or Too Fat Lardies (Whatever that is!) Or in their eBay shop.

The voucher code is: REVAMPED

biggrin.gif

Theo
Spiney Norman
Posted: May 26 2012, 07:01 AM

Goblin

Member No.: 3,153

www.darksphere.co.uk/

The problem I find with online retailers offering discount is they tend to have high postage costs which significantly mitigates what you actually save.

For example I was looking to order a dark Eldar raider which Rrps at 20.50
I can get it from Darksphere for 15.38 plus 2.52 postage = 17.90
or from Wayland games for 16.40 plus 1.41 postage = 17.81

When it comes down to it I am probably more inclined to pay the extra 2.50 for the convenience of being able to walk into town and buy the model from the local Indy stockist rather than waiting a week for it to be posted to me.

In practice it's really only worth ordering from places like Wayland or Darksphere if you are buying the most expensive sets like the larger finecast boxes or several items because otherwise your saving disappears in the postage costs.

EDIT: I just tried Maelstrom with Theorox' code and my order totals at 17.01 because despite the fact that Maelstrom offers much less of a discount, they do offer free postage over a certain price.

This post has been edited by Spiney Norman on May 26 2012, 07:06 AM
Biggrin
Posted: May 27 2012, 09:05 AM

Goblin

QUOTE (Spiney Norman @ May 26 2012, 07:01 AM)
www.darksphere.co.uk/

The problem I find with online retailers offering discount is they tend to have high postage costs which significantly mitigates what you actually save.

For example I was looking to order a dark Eldar raider which Rrps at 20.50
I can get it from Darksphere for 15.38 plus 2.52 postage = 17.90
or from Wayland games for 16.40 plus 1.41 postage = 17.81

When it comes down to it I am probably more inclined to pay the extra 2.50 for the convenience of being able to walk into town and buy the model from the local Indy stockist rather than waiting a week for it to be posted to me.

In practice it's really only worth ordering from places like Wayland or Darksphere if you are buying the most expensive sets like the larger finecast boxes or several items because otherwise your saving disappears in the postage costs.

EDIT: I just tried Maelstrom with Theorox' code and my order totals at 17.01 because despite the fact that Maelstrom offers much less of a discount, they do offer free postage over a certain price.

Completely agree as far as walking in to town and going to a local shop, IF you can walk to a store that is cheaper than GW.
I either have to drive and pay for parking or get public transport which ends up costing more than the postage, i spose it's all swings and roundabouts though and most of the online retailers work out about the same, either more expensive product and free postage or cheaper product and paid postage...
The thing that does annoy me online is paying for items that appear to be in stock online and then waiting for weeks for the store to order them in, I've had that experience with a couple and it was very frustrating but never with DS which has given me a little more loyalty I suppose smile.gif
« Next Oldest | Orc and Goblin Stronghold | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1044 seconds | Archive