Create a free forum in seconds.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Da Warpath. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Newz: Da Warpath's 9th Conversion Competition: Chariot Edition Edition - ENTER HERE!

Use Of Warhammer Forums
farsighted
Posted: Apr 19 2012, 10:02 PM

Snotling

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,185

I'm just curious if anyone else noticed a trend on warhammer forums once 8th edition came out. Before it came out there were many active and thriving forums on the Internet. Now, when I go to lurk to find info about the latest and greatest, there is hardly any activity. Has anyone noticed the slow and steady activity on warhammer forums?
BorkBork
Posted: Apr 19 2012, 10:05 PM

also known as Bonapork

Member No.: 1,951

yeah,

besides this one, i visit lustria-online and ulthuan. But lizzys and high elves may not be the best examples to test activity.

However, a decline in activity is not strange 1,5 years after the launch of 8th.

This post has been edited by BorkBork on Apr 19 2012, 10:07 PM
cb_rex
Posted: Apr 20 2012, 12:38 AM

Warboss Azbad Bonecruncher

Member No.: 4,967

I think this is down to the rise of social media, rather than having anything to do with 8th edition.

Twitter has drawn a lot of people away from forums, as it requires less effort and provides quite a lot of the same content and discussion as a forum can provide. However it does have it's drawbacks.

I do sometimes have a look at some stuff on Twitter but am not interested in putting my stuff up there, I much more prefer the tight community spirit of the forums, which if part of the reason I run the CCUP on Da Warpath, to promote the community spirit and awesomeness of forums. Also I like the quantity of detail in long descriptive posts with pictures in situ, that Twitter isn't really suited for. So yeah, basically being a bit antisocial, social media doesn't suit me.
Groznit Goregut
Posted: Apr 20 2012, 01:43 AM

Waaagh!
Group Icon

Group: Veterans
Member No.: 2,381

Da Warpath Facebook group is pretty active, as well. I have noticed I can get a lot quicker responses to what I post on Twitter and Facebook. I definitely think social media has caused a hit.

I also think 8th Ed took the steam out of a lot of people's passion for the game.
farsighted
Posted: Apr 20 2012, 10:22 PM

Snotling

Member No.: 6,185

Thanks for the thought guys. I hadnt top bought about social media and the part it would play. I know I could probably find this of I looked enough, but could someone tell me the face book account for da warpath?
Beithir Seun
Posted: Apr 20 2012, 10:35 PM

Orc

Member No.: 5,307

Just search for "Da Warpath" on Facebook!

Or go here: http://www.facebook.com/groups/55274866674/

wink.gif
Cannibalbob
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 08:16 AM

Orc

Member No.: 3,721

QUOTE (Groznit Goregut @ Apr 20 2012, 01:43 AM)
I also think 8th Ed took the steam out of a lot of people's passion for the game.

I find that interesting because 7th really took the steam out of my passion for the game and 8th has brought it back bigger than ever before.

This edition certainly has it's warts, but I like it much more than any other edition I have played.
« Next Oldest | Orc and Goblin Stronghold | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0648 seconds | Archive