zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Da Warpath. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Newz: Da Warpath's 10th Conversion Competition: Cavalry Edition - ENTER HERE!

Arachnophobia
Kezef
Posted: Apr 14 2012, 11:54 AM

Snotling

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,833

I'm planning to build a spider-themed army with lots of spider riders and maybe two Arachnaroks.

Is this kind of army a viable option or should I save my money and build more conventional? I prefer themed armies as opposed to win at all costs tourney styles.
Squigkikka
Posted: Apr 14 2012, 01:22 PM

Waaagh!

Member No.: 5,573

You answered your own question there, I think!

Spider Riders are generally outperformed by Wolf Riders, and Arachnaroks are actually quite balanced monsters! The only problem is when you face lists that have a ton of warmachines, of course.

I'm saying this because I've got 30 Spider Riders and 3 Arachnaroks that now stand on the shelf, since I am a bit more competitive (but still not much of a powergamer, being 100% Goblin lists and all!)
Morten C
Posted: Apr 14 2012, 01:23 PM

Warboss

Member No.: 5,542

If you use forest goblins on foot along side, I think it could work. two aracknaroks will be a must, as you're probably gonna be short of hitting power. You'll have the following units at your disposal:
- Forest goblins (common goblins)
- Gigantic spider bosses
- Giant spider riders
- Arachnarocks
- Flingers (rock lobbers made out of arachnarok flingers)

That being said, I would suggest that you consider making lots of proxies. Spider chariots, black widows (squigs), Gigantic camel spiders (trolls), and two armored gigantic spiders, blinded and chained together (manglers).

I think proxies is the most interesting way to go. Otherwise I think you gonna find that your army is gonna become pretty boring to play.

Most importantly is that you remember to make a blog and show your progress though! wink.gif
Kezef
Posted: Apr 14 2012, 09:03 PM

Snotling

Member No.: 6,833

QUOTE (Morten C @ Apr 14 2012, 01:23 PM)
If you use forest goblins on foot along side, I think it could work. two aracknaroks will be a must, as you're probably gonna be short of hitting power. You'll have the following units at your disposal:
- Forest goblins (common goblins)
- Gigantic spider bosses
- Giant spider riders
- Arachnarocks
- Flingers (rock lobbers made out of arachnarok flingers)

That being said, I would suggest that you consider making lots of proxies. Spider chariots, black widows (squigs), Gigantic camel spiders (trolls), and two armored gigantic spiders, blinded and chained together (manglers).

I think proxies is the most interesting way to go. Otherwise I think you gonna find that your army is gonna become pretty boring to play.

Most importantly is that you remember to make a blog and show your progress though! wink.gif

The proxy thing interests me, I have a few ideas for conversions on that score. Some of the lord of the rings line of spiders are good sizes for squig conversions and I have a chariot planned.

This post has been edited by Kezef on Apr 14 2012, 09:06 PM
BorkBork
Posted: Apr 15 2012, 07:00 AM

also known as Bonapork

Member No.: 1,951

wasn't there a blog somewhere with an pure spider army. 3 arachnaroks, and a unit of 50 riders with snagla

If i remember correctly he did not do too badly on tourneys
« Next Oldest | Orc and Goblin Stronghold | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0756 seconds | Archive