InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Da Warpath. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Newz: Da Warpath's 8th Conversion Competition: Rank and File Edition - ENTER HERE!

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )

Goblin Hewer, Still legal???!!!??
Gruntfuttock
Posted: Apr 15 2012, 11:08 AM

The Magnificent

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,621

This is from Bugman's Brewery taken from Amysrevenge post:

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:15 PM

My sometimes source hasn't been volunteering anything specific on his own, but when I mentioned that I had heard a rumour that the Goblin Hewer would be back in the next book, he coyly confirmed it to be true as far as he knows. No word about new vs. old model or any hint about its rules of course..

Make of this what you will in regard to what I've been told as well....
Biggrin
Posted: Apr 15 2012, 11:34 AM

Goblin

Member No.: 6,830

surely it's more of a question as to which army can field it?
It isn't in the current dwarf book so you can't choose it for a dwarf army... certainly never in any tournament/competition or game i've been involved in otherwise everyone would use it... My undertanding was that it is only valid in a slayer army, which you can't use anymore.
i always wished i could when i played for the darkside before i went green.
Squigkikka
Posted: Apr 15 2012, 12:22 PM

Waaagh!

Member No.: 5,573

It also belonged in Dogs of War, which is a mercenary faction a lot of the old armybooks could hire in as part of their rare. That's how they would get their Goblin Hewer.
theorox
Posted: Apr 15 2012, 01:43 PM

Decidedly Average
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 5,753

You can still play the Slayer Army or Dogs of War, etc...they're perfectly playable if you change them to fit 8th edition (ignore Unit Str, allow them to take all common magic items if they have acess to magic items, and so on).

So what if it's made for another edition or no longer supported by GW? Most sensible opponents should allow it, but you can't take them to tournaments and such, of course. biggrin.gif So if you wanted a Slayer army with a Goblin Hewer, that should be fine.

Theo
Kera Foehunter
Posted: Apr 15 2012, 06:54 PM

Pirate Queen
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 5,275

Lol asking about slayer weapons and troops at a goblin and Dwarf site

Kera Snickers

Why not ask a slayer or a slayer site..

Kera smiles as she walks away

Krysdagger
Posted: Apr 16 2012, 08:59 PM

Goblin

Member No.: 5,539

Goblin Hewers make a mess of Skaven Hoards ... and I suppose would not be good news for my 60 strong NG hoard either...

It is a lovely model, but possibly one of the worst ones to put together... so finicky ...

Take it, if you opponent does not want to play it, counts as GT, problem solved.

Krys
« Next Oldest | Orc and Goblin Stronghold | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2] 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0612 seconds | Archive