InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Da Warpath. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Newz: Da Warpath's 9th Conversion Competition: Chariot Edition Edition - ENTER HERE!

Snotling Horde
Bitgut
Posted: Apr 8 2012, 09:00 PM

Snotling

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,831

I've wanted to make a snotling army for years now, and its really starting to take place in the past month.
Snotlings count as Night Goblins (some with spears and shields, some with hand weapons and shields and some with bows)
then of course the obligatory 40 bases (something like that) of actual snotlings and the 4 pump wagons.
The Warboss will be a Goblin Warboss (better LD) however there will be 2 night goblin warbosses, one to have the tower and one to have the wizard hat (I just couldn't, for the life of me figure out what a snotling shaman would look like, or really how that would fit, makes much more sense of one just finds a hat that gives him special powers)
I also had plans for mini pump wagons, counting as wolf riders

this is all I have thought out so far, if anyone has any suggestions please share them
Morgoff Irontoof
Posted: Apr 9 2012, 09:45 AM

Snotling

Member No.: 6,169

In the back section of the second O&G Armybook from 2000 was suggestions for different hordes, Snotlings being one of them.

Snotling Warboss (ack!!!) = NG Big Boss, no additional weapons/armour, 25 point Magic Items.

Core = Snotling Swarms
Special = Snotling Pump Wagons
Rare = Giants.

No mention of shaman.

Probably not much use to you, but only mention of Snotling hode I remember.

This post has been edited by Morgoff Irontoof on Apr 9 2012, 10:04 AM
Piccolo
Posted: Apr 9 2012, 10:04 AM

Orc

Member No.: 5,534

snotling spider riders, snotling rat riders, snotling frog riders, snotling bat riders etc. laugh.gif
Bitgut
Posted: Apr 9 2012, 04:31 PM

Snotling

Member No.: 6,831

I remember that old list, and played it fondly
Craze_b0i
Posted: Apr 9 2012, 08:38 PM

Warboss

Member No.: 5,714

troll riders biggrin.gif
theorox
Posted: Apr 10 2012, 02:03 PM

Decidedly Average
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 5,753

I've been looking for a PDF of the old snotling list forever...was it a White Dwarf thing, or an unofficial thing? smile.gif

Theo
Wechselbalg
Posted: Apr 10 2012, 03:28 PM

Orc

Member No.: 6,442

QUOTE (theorox @ Apr 10 2012, 02:03 PM)
I've been looking for a PDF of the old snotling list forever...was it a White Dwarf thing, or an unofficial thing? smile.gif

Theo

Here ya go theo
I havent checked yet, but thatīs what I found.

Yahoo Group
Noisy Assassin
Posted: Apr 11 2012, 09:03 PM

Forest Lurkin' Backstabbin' Night Git

Member No.: 6,578

QUOTE (Craze_b0i @ Apr 9 2012, 02:38 PM)
troll riders biggrin.gif

That would be amazing!
Turelio
Posted: Apr 14 2012, 03:24 AM

Trapped in Oz

Member No.: 2,003

QUOTE (theorox @ Apr 10 2012, 02:03 PM)

Theo

The snotling list as I recall (Can't get to my old army books at the moment) was in an army book, and was legit, although I think you had to ask your opponents permission. Having said that, who would not let you play a snotling army?! I think they had a few variants in there as well for Forest Goblin lists, Hill Goblins etc. The Ogre Kingdoms also got a White Dwarf expansion with a similar thing for Gnoblars, and a few different Gnoblar varieties.

Ah, the olden days...
Morten C
Posted: Apr 14 2012, 08:11 AM

Warboss

Member No.: 5,542

Yes, It's in the back of the 6th ed. army book along with two other special armylists. There was also a mountain army, allowing your orc heroes to ride wyverns (up to two per army) and moved your trolls to the special section. In the mean time warmachines was moved to rare, and you couldn't take cavalry.

Can't remember the last army. Might have been a savage/forest tribe..

That 6th ed. armybook was so damn nice....
theorox
Posted: Apr 14 2012, 06:16 PM

Decidedly Average
Group Icon

I don't mean "Core snots, special pumpwagons, rare giants" I mean like a full army list like the gnoblar hordes list. I could have sworn there was one of those... smile.gif

Theo
Time_of_madness
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 11:24 PM

Goblin

Member No.: 823

First thing you need to do is take a look at this page. It lists almost all the snotlings GW has ever produced.

SNOTLING WIKI

As you can see from the variety of models you can represent characters very easily.

For example POT can be a Goblin Warboss.

There are also a couple of variant shaman models (one of which is on the oop pump wagon).

Just take the snotlings and mount them on individual 20mm square bases. They then count as goblins/night goblins.

I'd leave the actual 40mm bases of "actual" snotlings out of the list. They are not effective and would confuse opponents.

There are even enough snotlings with instruments/banners or flags or poles to represent full command options.

Use the old oop snotling pump wagons as actual pump wagons. Then use the current/groovy pump wagons and mount them on chariot bases as wolf chariots (in units of 3's). All you really need is a couple of units of goblins/night goblins 5 wide backed up by some wolf chariots and pump wagons for the hitty power.

Hope these ideas help (I think this is more of what you were looking for).
Time of Madness
theorox
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 05:51 AM

Decidedly Average
Group Icon

QUOTE (Time_of_madness @ Apr 22 2012, 11:24 PM)
First thing you need to do is take a look at this page. It lists almost all the snotlings GW has ever produced.

SNOTLING WIKI

I WANT THEM ALL NOW! laugh.gif

Theo
Gnarkill
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 04:49 PM

Goblin

Member No.: 4,766

Haha! Great!

Before I started to work on my Forest Goblin Tribe, I was actually working on a Snotling Army.

Bobo and his rebellious gits. ^^ (Bit spartacus-ish). I pretty much did the same as you did. Mount individuals on 20mm bases, add a lot of 40mm swarms, pumpwagons and make some silly conversions. Started to work on a pump giant myself for example. Also had a couple of characters like you said.

Unfortunately, it does not work, but it gives you a lot of fun. I played with the 1000pts army back in the 6th edition for about 3 times and all three times I lost in under 3-4 turns, hahaha! wink.gif

I can make a couple of pictures when I get back to Holland, but right now I am visiting friends in Sweden.

A funny thing tho is that I - by coincidence - found a couple of pictures from back in 2005, when i was - by coincidence - also in Sweden. Please be gentle on the fact back then my paint skills were even worse. ^^

user posted image

My snot shaman Wuzzebungle

user posted image

It's not much but it might get you on the way.
And again, I'll see what I can do when I get back to Holland.

Hmm...mus admit...you do make me excited about going back to them.... wink.gif wub.gif
« Next Oldest | Bits and Baubles | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1090 seconds | Archive