InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Da Warpath. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Newz: Happy Halloween! Da Warpath's 10th Conversion Competition: Cavalry Edition - ENTER HERE!

Squig Herds,, how to rank/file the herders?
Skawilly
Posted: Mar 31 2012, 04:18 PM

Goblin
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,635

I posted elsewhere about black orcs. Turns out I was not alone in having an issue with them being rank/file. I am hoping that is not the case here. How do I get the GW herders in with the aquigs to rank/file. Their prodders are AWKWARD. I have tried both angle and straight slots and on both I have tried facing them closer to the back or front of the 20 mill bases. Am I supposed to be mixing them with standard NG's? I appreciate any input, and, again if you guys could provide a picture if you have something figured out or a detailed how-to-rank/file these guys I always appreciate it.

Thnx dudes,

Skawilly
Snikpik
Posted: Mar 31 2012, 08:28 PM

Warboss
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 5,376

This may not help you much if you have the models already but I would highly recommend buying only one or two of the squigs with the herders and the rest the ones with out the herders. Then convert up your own. Thats easy. I have a couple of blocks in my blog of converted up squig herders. Not only will this help make the block look less samey it will also help massively with the ranking problem.
Piccolo
Posted: Mar 31 2012, 09:47 PM

Orc
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,534

If you put them in the base slots you will never get them ranked up properly.
I glue my goblins so that the prodder goes between the models they have in front of them. But most of the time I put the prodder goblins to the side of the unit so that the prodder just goes alongside the unit or slightly points away from it.

This post has been edited by Piccolo on Mar 31 2012, 09:48 PM
Morkmillian
Posted: Apr 3 2012, 09:35 PM

Orc
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,462

i dont know if yours are painted and glued down already but i was also havign this problem.
the main problem i have is some of the newer style squigs tails stick out the back, making it to rank stuff behind them. so i twisted them on their tabs to get the tails to poke of at diff angles.

but yea the herders can be a pain.
i usually have the guy with the proder at the side poking at an angle forward and out.
Xellpher
Posted: Apr 4 2012, 09:34 AM

Goblin
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,074

As said above, the herders with prodders, put them with the prods in the edge pointing out.
You can also break them off the tab and put their fore foot on a rock so the prodder is above the squig.

The cymbal guy can be a pain too, but you can bend his right arm forward to help.

You can get smaller squigs. The easiest to find are from the Fanatic set and the squig from the BFSP set (tail needed to be made from green stuff)
Skawilly
Posted: Apr 5 2012, 12:26 PM

Goblin
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,635

You can also break them off the tab

That is exactly what I did. Thnx everyone. Again, I am glad its not just me.
« Next Oldest | Painting and Hobby | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0787 seconds | Archive