Create your own social network with a free forum.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Da Warpath. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Newz: Da Warpath's 8th Conversion Competition: Rank and File Edition - ENTER HERE!

A Use For Ng Squig Hopper Models?
Gobbo Lewis
Posted: Mar 30 2012, 01:07 AM

Snotling

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,815

Hey Guys

So slowly working on a kinda Night Goblins list. Running plan is take loads of NGs but also take trolls,giants and maybe an arachnarok (which im converting a tyranid trygon into some sort of ng style subterranean monster to stand in as).

From reading the book and what people are saying about the squig hoppers is that they are a bit of a let down. I do have a handful of hand me down hopper models, i love the models and really the hate the idea of not using them so i got to thinking what if i used the hopper models to be my ng heroes that are running around with just great weapons? my thought would be that the great weapon is in fact the squig they are riding in the unit. Which works for my opponent as it would make it easier for him/her to tell what is in what unit.

What do you guys think? would that fly in your groups?

Thanks
Piccolo
Posted: Mar 30 2012, 06:14 AM

Orc

Member No.: 5,534

seems OK to me. You could also use them as fanatics or just put them in your squig herd biggrin.gif
gobbos4life
Posted: Mar 30 2012, 10:24 AM

Goblin

Member No.: 33

If you're creative enough, you can buy a mangler squig, separate the 2 mangler squigs and decorate each one with ur spare squigs. That way u can have 2 manglers for the price of one
theorox
Posted: Mar 30 2012, 10:55 AM

Decidedly Average
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 5,753

2 little squigs, a lá mini-mangler on a 25mm round base could work too. biggrin.gif That sounds like a cool idea though. smile.gif

Theo
TheAlternate
Posted: Mar 30 2012, 01:39 PM

Orc

Member No.: 5,919

i like that idea. I think the actual mangler models are a tad too big to be fluffy, id prefer to see normal sized 'hoppers-mangler' anytime
theorox
Posted: Mar 30 2012, 02:16 PM

Decidedly Average
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 5,753

I meant as a counts-as fanatic, but a whole heap of squighoppers on a big base could work as a mangler too. smile.gif

Theo
Da Git
Posted: Mar 30 2012, 02:22 PM

Orc

Member No.: 6,067

I plan to get some hoppers since I love the models. I'll use them as fillers in my squig herd, until the time when hoppers are good. smile.gif
Krysdagger
Posted: Mar 30 2012, 10:26 PM

Goblin

Member No.: 5,539

I love the idea of 4 or 5 hoppers on one base counting as a mangler.

As good is using them on round bases as fanatics ... very slick .. thanks for the ideas.

Krys
illbread
Posted: Mar 31 2012, 12:24 AM

Snotling

Member No.: 6,769

I was thinking 5 or so hoppers on a chariot base could equal a wolf chariot in keeping with a n.g theme any one else think this could work?
TheAlternate
Posted: Mar 31 2012, 08:04 AM

Orc

Member No.: 5,919

you might be pushing your luck a little bit.. maybe if you actually add a chariot somehow that could work tongue.gif

there were some people in the past who converted nice chariots pulled by squigmodels
Xellpher
Posted: Mar 31 2012, 09:46 AM

Goblin

Member No.: 6,074

Hopper Mangler.
I used three because I wanted to keep them on their normal bases for transport, wound tracking and to use them as normal hoppers in the future.

user posted image

The rest of my hoppers are in with my squig herd. Though I think I may borrow the idea to use them as heros though.
Gruntfuttock
Posted: Apr 1 2012, 07:53 AM

The Magnificent

Member No.: 6,621

You could always use them as unit markers for units suffering from animosity or even objective markers in the game...
rat of vengence
Posted: Apr 6 2012, 09:45 AM

They seek him here, they seek him there...

Member No.: 3,575

Mine stand in as a mangler too. It is a pity, I once never took out the Orcstralians without a contingent of Squig hoppers, I love the little fellas. Sadly, 8th ed is not their time, so I have found alternate employment for at least a couple...

user posted image

RoV
« Next Oldest | Orc and Goblin Stronghold | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0610 seconds | Archive